Cabs and Abs Almost the weekend Thursday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hey Girls.

I am in a quandry as to what work out to do today. I wanted to do Upper and A/C+ today and run tmrw morning as I have both today and tmrw off BUT lately, more often then not, I have been getting called to cover on the Fridays I have off. If I get screwed out of my run I'll be really pist! I could probably go to the gym friday evening or something but I really can't count on that at this point. That being said, I may go to the gym this morning instead.

So last night I decided to take a ride over to Barnes and Noble with DS. They have a really nice Thomas the Train set up over there that DS goes crazy for. We'd love to have one in our home for him but there is just no room....maybe that's a GOOD thing!:p

Anyway...I picked up 3 magazines to look through while DS was playing. I found what appears to be an awesome circuit style work out that is done mostly with body weight. Only 1 exercise requires a set of (light) dumbbells. It's mostly a combo of plyo moves (for the lower body) and push up moves (for the upper) and it looks like an arse kicker! Ofcourse I HAD to buy the mag and will try the work out in place of Core Syn no later then Sunday. There are also a few killer ab routines in the mag as well. GOOD STUFF!:)

I am trying to decide what I want to do for the month of April work out wise before I commit to NROL in May. I know I said I needed a Cathe fix with 4DS but there are so many options!! I am now also considering putting together a work out based on the other book I purcahsed: 101 workouts. I was looking through it last night and wrote down some possibilities for myself so we'll see. There is also the temptation of the several newish workout dvds that I either haven't tried AT ALL yet or have tried only briefly. I'm thinking I should really give them a go as well. Well, I have a decent amount of time to make up mind but even that may not be enough!:p :7

Cathy: *~Healthy Vibes comin' your way~*

Angie: Last night's dinner sounds delish! The crockpot is awesome. That being said, I have one but rarely use it. LOL There is too much planning ahead involved in it's use and I simply don't think about dinner until atleast 3pm!:p

Off to refill the coffee cup and ponder today's game plan.

BBL!

Hello Ladies!

Yesterday's gorgeous sunshine and temps gave me spring fever bad!!:D The drive home was lovely and the doggie bathmax was OK .. outside was easier .. but dang the water (we have a well) was FREEZING .. felt sorry for my poor pooches! DH is better .. he went to work last night ... and says he feels 100% better! Thank goodness!

BF is back at work today .. moving slowly .. and off pain meds .. I hope she has not messed up some discs in her back .. b/c she still can't lay down on her bed! poor baby has had a rough 3 weeks!!

Wendy .. sounds like your exercise DVD collection is just about as big as mine! LOL .. I say go for one of the new ones .. try something different!! exercise ADD .. :+ too funny!!

Cathy .. your outting w/BF sounds like a winner .. hope the crud is held at bay .. dang germs .. congrats on the ski jacket .. doncha love getting something new and spectacular!! :) .. speaking of .. my final attempt at Lucky jeans exchange should be arriving today .. LOL .. back to the ORIGINAL size I first ordered! Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Angie .. MY DH would pass out at your deisel prices :eek: .. GEEZE talk about highway robbery .. YIKES!!!! Crock pot roast .. MMM MMM MMM .. love the way the house smells when a roast is cooking in the crock pot .. bet your stomach WAS growling .. it would be hard to exercise w/that aroma floating in air.

Di .. hope you are better too .. I am w/Angie .. think I may take a shot of airborne again today .. just b/c all my cyber pals may be passing the crud thru cyber space ... let us know how you are fairing!

OK .. today will more than likely be light cardio at lunch .. then tonight is 60 min. power yoga ... :) .. I am feeling the need for some zenful sweat!!

Hope everyone's crud is better today .. and hoping everyone finds the perfect workout (if able) .. another beautiful day here in the South .. wish I could pipe all of you some of our sunshine and fair temps .. you would be bitten by the springfever bug too!! :D have a great one!:7

Hi all

It's pretty quiet in here. I LIS when I got home from work with the weights first. The shoulder work in that one is awesome! I'll probably feel it in the calves too since I was doing the lifts with 20# DB's. I went lighter last time and didn't get any DOMS, so I thought I'd better heavy up a bit more. I love doing the cardio last. I finally got the foot work down pat in both HIS and LIS, so I can put more umph into it now.;-)
Tomorrow I think I'm going to town and try and get DH's TV and picking up a Wii for the kids for easter. I called a place in Gaylord that has them so I think I'll make the trek in the morning and then go to Kohls and see if I can get any deals.

Wendy - What magazine did you snag? I haven't been to a book store in ages....love to browse there.
Uh oh...I see the Ex-ADD is in full force today.:p :7 ;-)
I LOVE my crock pot! In fact, I have 3 different sized ones. I also used my dehydrater yesterday to make jerky for the first time. It turned out really yummy so I'm gonna make a double batch of that this weekend. The way DH and the kids are hitting it, it won't last long. Oh, and there's my George Foreman grill. Love that too! I just love food way too darned much!!!

Laura - Best of luck with the Lucky's!
We're in for 30's and maybe low 40's for the next week.:( I'm dying here!! I was going to plan a trip to Myrtle Beach but I don't want to get a hotel with a bunch of college spring breakers. Any ideas on where would be a good place to spring break without the spring breakers???
Have fun with your yoga tonight....hope the dogs will let you do that without them attacking you. *lol*

So are Diana and Cathy both sick?:( I sure hope you girls are feeling OK today. Ya gotta get better before TGIF!;-)

Have a great night all

Angie

Hi Ladies,

This darn cold is still hangin' on but I am feeling so much better. You know, I've only worked out 2 days this whole month. At any rate, I'm feeling good enough to tackle my meltdown class tonight.

I probably won't work out tomorrow morning because I have an all day training class that starts early.

Wendy-Can you make me a rotation for April? Fatloss is my goal for now. You already know I have all the Cathe DVD's, BBC, kickboxing. I'm going to talk to my boss about getting my lunch workouts back so I can start running again at lunch.

Laura-We've been having that same beautiful weather here too!! It is supposed to cool down to the mid 40's for the weekend and snow on Monday. Sorry about the cold bathwater for your babies. Glad to hear your friend is back at work. She's been dealt a poor hand lately and will need time to heal. Keep the lucky jeans, you will love them!

Cathy-I tried not to spread my crud-sorry if you are feeling under the weather.

Angie-Where are you today missy???

Diana

Hello Diana....uh....I'm right here.....I was thinking you were blind but then I remembered that the laundry buzzer went off and I got up to fold clothes before they got wrinkled and my post went up after yours did. Dang chores anyways!
Glad your feeling better.:) Hope the meltdown goes off without a hitch. Maybe that will be enough of a kick to get that crud gone for good.

Hey Cathy....you must be busy. We'll have to have a CAB sometime this weekend.;-)

Angie

Hey girls...

I managed through my meltdown class tonight and it was awesome. We did a plyo squat jumps on the bosu, running stairs, track running and repeat several times. We also did some killer ab work with the bands and a partner.

If I get myself out a bed early enough I will do an ifit w/o on the elliptical.

Diana

Good Evening Ladies.

I'm way late checkin' in.

I ran 7 miles this morning at the gym and beat my time from the last 7 mile run a week and a half ago! I'm so stoked!!!:7 :7 :7

Ang: Home made jerky huh? Sounds yummy! Can ya send me a piece? ;) Three crockpots? I think you have slow cooker ADD girl!:p

Laura: Hope you have a fabo weekend! Glad DH is at 100% and that BF is on the mend! I'm sure the pups enjoyed thier bathmax as well!:7

Diana: Okay, I know you are feeling much better cause you took your class tonight and enjoyed it. I'm glad to hear it. Sure, I will do my best to come up with a rotation for you. I am currently trying to figure something out for myself as well. I want to focus on FUN for the month of April before I "get serious" again with NROL in May. I'm cutting the X short in order to do this. It's okay though. I think I need it.

Cathy: Hope whatever's ailin' ya isn't bad enough to keep ya away from Target this weekend!}(

I don't think my body can decide if it wants to get sick or not. I felt cr@ppy on Tuesday, didn't feel too bad y'day, and then felt absolutely fine today until some point at BF's during training when I started to feel yucky. By the time I was driving home I felt like total garbage. I took my temp when I got home and it was a VERY low fever...barley anything. I was doing things around the house for a little while and now I feel OKAY again. WACKY! Let's see what happens tmrw. I'm still takin' Airborne just incase though!

So ofcourse, Murhphy's Law...I made sure I got my run in today because I was afraid I'd get called to cover at work tmrw morning. Guess what!? NO CALL! x( If I didn't have weight work to finish up for the week I'd go back to the gym just cause I can! LOL Actually though, it's probably better that I don't do that. I need to go food shopping and it's easier to do one or the other (gym/food shopping) as opposed to both if possible.

Alrighty...I'm done babbling. Off to bed with me!

Nighty night!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.