Cabs & abs ---> Thursday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, girls! :) :) :)

Quick post here. I am going to make up S&H Legs this morning...tonight will be cardio + walking lunges and wall squats. As I missed C&B on Tues night, I've gotta do some more rearranging of the u/b work for the remainder of the week in order to get it all in. Will do 4DS premix #9 (B&B) tomorrow and #10 (CST) on Friday to get myself caught up again and hit every part once.

Angie :: yeah, you're right - even Ziggy was grouchy now and again. :) *lol* Hey, there's a reason I've got a plush Oscar the Grouch on my desk. :7 I suppose most businesses will have to pass on that cost hike to the customer rather than try to absorb...So, Cody was being bratty yesterday, huh? Is he getting cocky about his play ability?...I went to a family party last weekend and was completely appalled at the behavior of my cousin's youngest daughter, who is my goddaughter. She is 14 and a freshman in HS, and suddenly has MAJOR attitude. She was shouting at people, complaining loudly that she doesn't like the host, teasing her cousin (who's a year younger) for wanting to go to a Hannah Montana concert, etc. Really mean snot-nose kind of behavior. Plus, she was dressed like a hooch. The parents have zero control. Apparently, she has been told to be herself and say what she thinks. *rolls eyes* Not many good role models in the extended fam, I'm afraid. I kept my mouth shut but I don't know how long I will be able to do that. She needs to come down a couple notches, IMO...My sister's reception is Jan. 5th. I just wanted to have the outfit figured out EARLY. At this point, I won't approach a mall anymore until well into January!

OK, hope everyone has a great Thursday!! BBL. And please, somebody keep me awake tonight! :p :)

Morning Cabbettes!:)

I have legs and a run on tap for today. Can anyone say OUCH!? }( LOL

Cathy: Good job getting S&H banged out early. You have come up with a great plan to get all of the upper body work in this week. Good for you. :)

I'm off to work out...Ciao for now!:)

Morning girls http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Drinks/drinking-coffee-35.gif

I could've slept in sooooo easily today but I knew if I did I wouldn't get anything done. I keep staying up later and later and I need to put that to a hault! I don't know what I would do without my coffee.

Cathy - S&H legs before work eh? So, will you be walking like a duck at school? LOL!
As far as passing the increased costs on....yeah, that's what we have to do, but there's only so much you can pass costs on when it comes to a point where it just doesn't make any sense to do it anymore you know? I'm afraid we're walking that dangerous line. If the wood industry bounces back and we can get more $$$ for wood, then that would help and it looks like that is starting to happen. The past couple of years has been really hard on this industry. And, of coarse, there are others who will do things cheaper because they don't know that they really aren't making money. It takes those guys a while before they realize that they are working for nothing. They eventually go out of business or increase their rates, but the damage they do to other truckers in the meantime is tough to overcome.
With Cody....he's my well behaved child. I generally don't have to worry about him being mean or disrespectful. He's typically very layed back and easy to get along with....at least with everyone except his brother.x( But, I've noticed lately that he has some days where he is just impossible to get along with. I think it might be hormones. When he gets like that, the next day he will apologize. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Confused/sorry.gif It's usually Cameron that drives me crazy! That kid has always been a handful. I was remembering yesterday how he used to be a sneaky baby too. I used to catch him climbing out of his crib and then trying to sneak back in so we would not know he was out. He's still a sneaky kid and much more of a brat!:eek: :7 I hope he grows out of it.....but, then again, I guess I never did.:p
Do you have any big Christmas parties coming up?

Wendy - OUCH! Hope you are able to walk later today as well.
When will you get Joey's test results?

I really should go shopping today for Christmas gifts. I still need to find DH a big screen TV but I have no idea what I'm looking for. Maybe I'll go searching on the net and see what I can come up with.

Have a great day cabbers......caught up with the rest of you last night.:)

Angie

Morning Ladies ...

Well .. last night I had a MAN ask to join in our class (ADVANCED step) .. I told him it may not be a good time b/c it was advanced and a lot of choreography - tommorrow night would be easier to follow (not wanting him to be embarrassed).. he said "I'm ok - I'll try it" .. I started he started off in time - even w/a little bounce in his step (mind you he was a very fit muscular dude) .. I thought . .OK .. then the first segment VERY complex .. I called it ... and he NAILED it .. DANG .. I thought. The next segment more impact .. of course he did good .. I thought OK he has taken step somewhere .. the next segment even MORE complex .. a few misteps but again HE NAILED it .. I was then thinking this guy has GOT to be an instructor .. NO ONE has EVER come into my class and nailed the complex choreography right off .. and now this guy was showing out!!:eek: :D well in the middle of class I had every one stop and applaud him .. he just laughed and said thanks .. after the HOUR of advanced step I went up to him .. he said he had just gotten back from Iraq and in Iraq they did aerobic step classes :eek: :eek: :D ... so that will teach me to ever PRE judge someone ever again!! He blew me away!!!!:D

Cathy - oh man I would NEVER want to deal w/a 14 year old male or female .. especially female kid! LOL .. YIKES .. hormones .. self centered .. the world revolves around them and their social status and that is all .. I HATED that age .. sometimes an inflated ego is only hiding a sense of intimidation and insecurities .. and if you say something she will probably think you are jealous .. LOL! GEEZE ... one reason I am glad I don't have kids .. THE TEEN AGE YEARS!! LOL good luck!! Horrible about the mall shooting! Just horrible .. I know I am supposed to go shopping w/DH Friday night .. makes me kinda freaked out about it you know!!!

Angie - LOL about the boys .. one good .. one kinda sneaky .. seems it is always that way!! I can remember climing out of my crib .. getting onto my dresser .. pulling out drawer by drawer until I made it to the floor (yes I have vivid memories of this) .. Mama would come in and freak out .. I always found a way to sneak out of anything... as a pre-teen I could climb out of any window and up and down and out of any tree around! Kids are funny!!!}(

Wendy - how are your PT sessions going .. is everything working out w/them?? Hope you and Joey have a good shopping spree this morning! (be careful)

Di .... changing jobs after 17.5 years .. WOW .. way to go .. that is a HUGE decision . . I am hoping you find the perfect job for you! LOL about party planning .. yes I could do that SO EASILY!! My VBF and I could really open a great business .. she could do all the shopping and I could do all the planning and cooking! Hey .. DH had to go get his bloodwork done today .. hoping he has better luck than you .. he thought he was starving to death this morning .. LOL!! :)

Oh .. my hair .. PERFECT!!! I LOVE it! She did an excellent job! and yes I asked her the color and wrote it down! She did it as low lites so I still have some of my blonder highlites showing thru .. it looks like my natural color now!:D

OK . better run .. tonight is cardio kickboxing/yoga! Wonder if the MAN will come back??? will BBL and check in w/you guys! Have a good one!:7

Good Afternoon Girlies!:)

My work out is behind me. Nap time is for kickin' back and relaxin'. WOOH!

Here's what I did:

ABA warm up and all lower body work.
BBC B&L calf work off back of step w/no weights + donkey kicks, hydrants + and I did inner thigh lifts with silver band while she did those kick out things.
B&G lunge/squat combo, inner thigh leg lifts w/o the ankle weights and stretch.

I followed that up with ITread 8/60 mins at the gym and logged 5.6 miles.

Off to feed Joey lunch and get him nappin' and then I'll be back!:)

I'm baaack!

Cathy: I read your post about the 14 yr old with the attitude. My DH's nephew has a major attitude at 14 but ya know what? He's had this same attitude basically for as long as I've known him so since he was friggin' 8 years old!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: His parents (my SIL and BIL) aren't very strict at all. Never have been. Let the kids get away with alot of cr@p that is not appropriate IMO. I love them dearly but I think they created their own monster. Kids will be kids and teens will be teens but come on!!!! I never behaved that way!!! Jeesh! As a parent now I know first hand how hard it can be to stay tough on kids and sometimes I admit that I falter and let things go that I shouldn't but "giving in" once in a while is a totally different story compared to just letting the kid basically do/say what he wants which is what they've done! YIKES!x(

Angie: Any luck shopping online for DH's tv? My DH wants one too. I've be contemplating getting him one for years now but like you, I'm clueless so I end up not doing it. LOL I will call for Joey's test results tmrw. :)

Laura: I am on a 2 week break from PT'ing because BF and her friend are using a free 2 week pass to the YMCA that they got through work. In the meantime, BF has been TM shopping and it appears that she is going to buy one very soon! YAY! Makes my job easier as I don't have to figure out cardio any more! WOO HOO!}( Too funny about the guy in the service who took step classes while overseas. Who'da think it, huh? LOL

BBL.

Oh, btw...I am not training tonight but will weigh/measure and take pics of BF tonight since I am going to my mom's for dinner. She is going to take my before pics for this round of the X for me too. I weighed this morning. I will weigh tmrw morning and take the lower #! :p I have to measure tmrw morning too. I totally forgot about it this morning!:eek:

Hurry up with those pics, Ang!!!!!!

Hey girls ..

Angie and Wendy ... I am no expert on TV's .. but we sell them here .. and I can say for a fact RCA and Toshiba have the worst record for tearing up ... both have had major problems.

And Hitachi is rated one of the best and we have few complaints with them!

Plasma or LCD - Liquid Chrystal would be the best choices in a big screen .. I personally like the plasma TV's .. never mind the talk about they have a limited life span ..b/c any big screen TV has a limited life span .. and if they have a problem usually you can go buy another one for the cost of getting one repaired ..

If you find a brand or model you like .. let me know and I will ask our sales rep here about it .. :D

Hi again girls

Gin Millers power workout along with abs of steel are done. It seems so easy to do workouts that don't have Cathe or Tony in them. I doubt I'll ever do that abs workout again. It was 30 minutes and it was no where near the burn that Cathe and Tony dish out in half the time. Now at least I know.

Laura - How cool to have a male stepper. Is he single? Maybe he's there for the girls? If so, smart guy!! Where else can a guy bond with the hottie chicks without any competition?? :7 I like his courage to be the only guy there.....impressive that he blew you away!
LOL...somehow I had a feeling you may have been a sneaky kid.}( :p
Glad you found your color! I'm sure you'll love it even more when you get that beautiful dress on to go with it.;-)

Wendy - Damn girl! Your workout kicks butt!! Ya - OUCH!
I chuckled when I read what you wrote about kids....it seems Cam is always grounded or getting yelled at.:( I washed his mouth out with soap last week because of his seemingly incessant back talk and he laughed. Then he took the soap and put it back in his mouth and said...mmmmmm...this tastes good. UGH!!! I didn't let him get to me b/c I knew that was what he was aiming for but geez.....he does test my nerves!
I never did get on-line to look for the TV today. I ran out of time. I finished decorating the tree and putting other decorations up so that I can get my basement cleaned up. That'll be tomorrows project.
Tonight!! I swear I'll get those pic tonight! I just got out of the shower and Cody's playing outside, so when he gets in we'll get it taken care of. Hopefully BEFORE dinner.:7

Uh oh....looks like another snow storm tonight...another 3-5 inches. Cathe I'm sending some your way.;-)

I'll check back with you later girls....hopefully with some pics too.:p

Angie

Thanks Laura! We must've been posting at the same time. I've heard that Vizio and JVC are good ones to look at and reasonably priced too. What does your saleman think of those?

I have a big screen downstairs that we bought last year that is a Toshiba...ACK! Luckily we've had no problems with it thus far.

Angie

Hey there, Cabbers!

PM workout done: 200 walking lunges, two sets of wall squats (1 min. both legs, 15 seconds single legs) and 30 min. steady-state on the EXT @ 30-20-10 degrees. Felt those lunges deep in the glutes…the wall squats, I barely made it through…I’ll be surprised if I’m DOMS-free tomorrow. Today was a leg fryer. But I feel good.

Angie :: crackin’ up at the walking like a duck image…I actually didn’t have any soreness during the day…I’m glad things at least look good on the wood industry front…hope things will work out for you…I think it is hormones with my cousin’s daughter, too…she still hasn’t gotten her period, and I think it’s making her a raging maniac 24/7…*lol* about washing Cam’s mouth out with soap…Now THERE’S a throwback from back in the day…love it!… Course, he had to be a little smart-ass about it, eh?…I have a work party on the 21st and a couple of dinners with friends planned. How about you?

Laura :: chuckling over your new student…did he return?…Glad you’re lovin’ your new color…It is a shame what happened in Omaha, but my aversion to the mall has nothing to do with a fear of shooting…I fear idiots in the parking lot, lines in the stores, and people who don’t know how to get out of your way. *lol* I’m not a big holiday crowd person, so I avoid it immediately before and after the holidays.

Wendy :: what is ABA again? I’m starting to get lost in all our acronyms. :) Apart from not remembering what that is :), looks like a good workout…Yup, my cousin and his wife did the same as your BIL & SIL…didn’t set any limits for this kid. They just sort of shrug and laugh and say she's a handful. I don't get parents like that. You're the parent, YOU'RE in control. We have a student who missed over a week of school...mom wants us to get her caught up during our lunch period because little miss princess "refuses" to stay after school. Uhhh, hello??? Maybe she doesn't get a choice here. The enabling that I see going on sometimes boggles the mind...Oh, and hey guess what? I've been thongin' it all week -- I made it!! YAY! Need to get me some more o' those things.

OK, better get cleaned up. Have a great night, girls! :7 Tomorrow's Friday...YIPPEEEE!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.