CABs & Abs ----> TGIM

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, girls! http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Just starting us off with a little Monday morning http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/greetingsandsigns/th_sarcasm.gif

Actually, I don't really mind it being a Monday since I took the day today to work on NB stuff. I hate to miss class, but given the extenuating circumstances this year, it's simply been necessary, and I refuse to let the guilt creep in.

I'm surprised that I'm not sore from yesterday's kettlebell workout. It was deceptively simple, but I was sweatin' buckets by the end of the 45 minutes and really felt it in my quads. But hmmm, no DOMS today. I have another (highly recommended by cheetahs) kettlebell workout on its way to me. Can't wait. I really like this form of training.

I also ordered some other goodies: a pair of Timberland boots (the classic workboot style but in pink). I wanted a pair of casual boots that would be good in snow but still look good with jeans. On my first trip to Colorado, the boys made fun of me b/c I had my standard dress boot with me and was just about breakin' my neck on the slick sidewalks of Breckenridge. Not good plannin', right, Di? (BTW, I hope you're feeling better!) Anywho, I also bought a Kjus ski jacket...A crazy-expensive you-could-go-on-a-vacation-for-this-kind-of-money jacket. So you know this'll be me this week:

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_upsdelivery.gif

I'd intended to begin a timesaver rotation starting last Monday, but I found that during this absolute crunch time I have to play by ear. I'm just doing what I can based on how I feel and however much time I can spare. So, I'm not sure yet what I'll fit in today. It's all about play by ear until 3/30 (that's when my NB deadline is.)

All right, girls...hope you have a GREAT day despite the fact that it's Monday and DST is whoopin' our butts. :) :) :)

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

Morning!:)

I slept until 7:45 today! WHOA! It feels like a vacation! ;) :7

Cathy: Hope your day is extremely productive! Can't wait to hear about yet another wonderful KB work out that will leave me drooling and wondering how much longer I can resist temptation! LOL Thank goodness the KBs are so incredibly expensive or I really would have caved by now!!!:p

I have a run on tap for today as well as Abs/Core+ at nap time. I'm not sure if I'll do a long run in prep for my 10 miler at the EOM or an ITread. I am thinking of running on both cardio days this week so I guess it really doesn't matter as I can do one today and one later in the week. We'll see what moves me when I get there. :)

Gotta go for now...BB after the gym!:+

Hello ladies!!

Had a wonderful weekend!! The beach was great .. but COLD .. and gusty winds!! But DH and I had a blast!}( Dh is back on the kick of selling our beach house on the water and buying something smaller OFF the water and trlring our boat .. x( x( I swear the man drives me insane w/this crap .... we almost got into it Sat. .. but I opted for some retail therapy to cool off and we dropped it! LOL

During my retail therapy .. went to Sports Authority and got some great deals on some exercise tops .. and some Columbia shirts .. ooohhh and the softest sweater .. it was a good trip!! Went into TJMax .. and found some Lucky jeans .. they were only $24 .. OF COURSE they did not have my size .. $#%@#$%@#%$#% dang it!

Anyway ... I did manage to work in a full body workout w/Barry .. I wish I had a camera on myself .. it was hillarious . . during all of the jumping my dogs obviously thought I had lost my mind .. they freaked out .. they were jumping up w/me ..trying to catch my hands .. Buster kept nibbling at my rear end .. then on the floor work they thought I needed their assistance .. have you ever tried to do a push up or sit up w/a 130 pound dog on you?? Not an easy task .. anyway between the dogs .. the phone and doorbell I had a very stressfull workout .. LOL .. so I gave up and went and got me a CAB to cool down with .. LOL!!:D

Anywho ...

Cathy - hope you are feeling better .. and thanks for the sarcasm on TGIM .. YEAH RIGHT ..woman have you lost your mind??? LOL ... TGIM and the early morning wake up .. yuck!! But I will be loving it this afternoon ... it will still be light when I get off .. WOW!!:)

Wendy .. read about your pizza delivery scare .. don't blame you .. I would NOT have opened that door ..people are crazy now a days and not telling what he may have done ... you cant take chances anymore!

Angie ... my friend that just lost her Dad ... went on to the races yesterday (she already had tickets) ... she got a DD and let loose .. said she had a blast .. she tickeled me ..said she got into the Jack Daniels (something she never does) .. went to the bathroom and forgot where she was sitting .. LOL. she cracked me up ... she said she forgot who won but she is pretty sure she had a good time .. LOL ... at least she had a good time and was able to get her mind off of her Dad!

Di .. hope you are rid of the crud .. or at least on the upswing from it!!

OK .. better run ... have a good one! Will BBL to check in w/all of you!:7

OH .. OMT ..

sidenote: did you check out the blog?? Cathe looks awesome .. she looks better than she ever has (didn't think there was room for improvement) .. but WOW ... she is ripped!! Love the outfits too!!

ALL of the ladies look like they are ripped .. very defined muscles .. you gotta check them out!!

Can't wait for STS to get here!! I am a glutton for punishment!!}(

Hi girls,

Breakin' for lunch...I've made good progress with two portfolios and about to am get crackin' on a third.

Wendy :: glad you were able to sleep in a little...I hear you - the kb's *are* expensive. Wonder why they are so much more money than dumbbells, really. I am starting to get a bit of DOMS.

Laura :: sounds like a great weekend...including the BB amusement with the pooches...:)...it's mostly a throat thing at this point...I'm confident it's on its way out...thanks!...nope, haven't lost my mind :)...was being deliberately ironic with the TGIM comment b/c I think most of us affected by DST are hurtin' today. I'm glad I'm working from home...makes it bearable! Have been keeping up with the blog, too, and IA all look great.

OK, a few more minutes of respite before it's back to the grind. Hope you're all enjoying your day.

Hey Ladies.

Well I got to the gym later then planned so I couldn't fit in my long run even if I wanted to. I did ITread 23/40 for the first time. Nice work out and I logged almost 4 tough miles with it. :)

My plan for the rest of the day is a nap, abs/core+, some housework and lotsa' chill time...because I can. I think I'm gonna tell DH to go on these little trips more often! ;)

Laura: Glad you had fun at the beach. Just keep nodding your head and saying "yes dear" until your DH makes up his mind. No sense in arguing about it cause he'll change his mind again in a week!:7 Glad you scored during your retail therapy trip. Nothing like some good shopping to make a girl feel better. }(

Cathy: I am considering asking for a set of KB's for Christmas. i would say my B'day but that's waaaay too soon. It'll screw up my plans majorly to have those things calling me all summer long! LOL
How's the bod feelin'? Did that DOMS really settle in good yet? }( I know you made some good progress on the NB stuff this morning. I hope the afternoon brings more of the same for you.

Ang: How's it hangin' chic? :+

Diana: Hope you are feeling better my friend!!!

Hola, girls!

Wendy :: good for you getting some chill time...ahhh!...Yeah, I'm not quite sure how the k'bells fit into the plan, but for now, I'm looking at it as another opportunity for variety. And oh yes, the DOMS has settled in. I've got the good DOMS going on in my quads and hams, but I also have some low back pain today--not the good kind. So I know I need to be careful with those things.

Well, it's been a very productive day for me. I spent the afternoon watching/selecting film (of me teaching) and grading 50 letter-essays. In a moment, I'll do some additional work on my portfolio. I'm thinking it may be a rest day from working out, so I can capitalize on this feeling of mental freshness -- don't always have that after a full day at school. I still have 85 short stories that were collected WEEKS ago and still need to be graded, but I'm pushing the guilt away. Under normal circumstances, I'd get the kids' papers back MUCH quicker, but I have to remind myself I'm only human, and I only have a few more weeks of chaos to power through.

OK, 'nuff rambling. Have a good night!

PS...Just got an email saying the pink Timberland boots are no longer in stock. Bummer.

Hi cabbers

Well, another Monday in our rear view mirror.;-) Tomorrow I'm picking up MIL to go on a shopping spree. She is interested in a computer (a non-complicated one). LOL! I told MIL no matter what computer she gets it WILL be complicated. I'm kinda hoping she opts out of getting one b/c she is really not a tech person at all! But, maybe it will be something she can learn. I'm sceptical.....as if you couldn't tell.:7 I just don't think I'd have the patience to try to teach her how to use it, but maybe her grandkids can. I wish they had a class for the elderly on how to navigate a computer in the area. Anyways....I'm gonna also look into the whole Wii thing and see if they have the TV in stock that I want to surprise DH with.

So, diesel fuel went up to over $4 per gallon today.}( }( DH and I are sooooo frustrated! It's really hard to run a trucking company when diesel prices are killin us like this. I swear, we'd have more luck just parking the darned trucks until some mad scientist can come up with a formula to fix this mess. Every time I turn around, prices on everything are going up. I think I'm gonna stock up on everything tomorrow just b/c I know the next time I go back to the store it will be more expensive. This country is scaring the hell out of me right now! If diesel prices don't ease, inflation is going to go thru the roof. I gotta move on from my little rant here as I could be on this subject all day.

Cathy - I don't think I've ever used itunes. I know it will be a place I visit frequently when I get an ipod, but thus far I've had no use for it.
So how is a kettleball w/o different from just a regular weight workout? Or, should I even be inquiring about this????
I laughed at your TGIM......it's a thought.;-)
You must be missin your UPS man. But, boo on the boots being OOS.
Is your project deadline 3/30 or is that when you take the test?

Wendy - A new itread eh? Are there very many of them that you haven't done? Do you do them outside too, I mean when the weathers' nice?
Oh yea! Lotsa "me" time this week for you. Enjoy!;-)

Laura - The blog is cool. I can't wait to get my hands on STS. I can't believe folks are posting that they are on the fence.:eek: I'm so far over the fence that it isn't even funny!
LMAO re: the dogs. I'm sure that was one heck of a w/o!
Brrrrr... It looked cold in Atlanta with a LOT of empty seats. Although, I'm sure Jack D. kept your friend warm. Race therapy! Ah yes, I know it well!! It's a beautiful thing. :)
Just tell your DH, NO dang it! Your not selling the house! Put your foot down girl. LOL! Dontcha hate it when the men get stubborn??

Diana - Hope all is well with you. We're missin ya;-)

Today was 4DS KB. I did the weight section first this time and I think I will be feelin it tomorrow. I will be doing the whole week with weights first this week to see if there's much difference for me.

Nighty night girls....sweet dreams!

Angie

So Cabbers I think I've earned my right to post in this thread tonight! LOL I had a "blonde moment" this afternoon and took a shower before doing Abs/Core+! DOH! So I promised myself I'd do it tonight when DS went to sleep. Well....I put DS down and never even THOUGHT of Abs/Core+ until I was 1/2 through my Bacardi O malt beverage!}( :7 }( OOPS! No worries though...I have it penciled in on friday and I have to do it tmrw too cause it's on the schedule again. :)

Oh I forgot to tell y'all....I have had a site saved for a while now that sells the troylite barbell system. Well they sell the bar only for $23.50 and I think that's a great deal! I knew I wanted it some day but it wasn't a priority since I DO have a barbell already. I am not crazy about it though as it's 13# of steel. UGH. So anyway, I was in need of some retail therapy the other day so I finally bought the troy lite bar! It's rubber coated and only 5 pounds! It's gonna be soooo nice!:7 :7 :7 It was a purchase made "in honor" of the filming of STS. ;)

Cathy: I'm so glad you got lots accomplished today. I'm sure that makes you feel really good. I'll bet you can't wait until the end of the month, huh? LOL Sorry about the back issues. I hope it works itself out soon. So will you be planning a ski getaway to VT at the end of the month? }(

Ang: Feel free to rant any time you need to. We all do it and we are all hear to "listen". That's what we do best!:) There are actually several Itreads I don't own. LOL There are a few ITreads made for outdoor running but I've never bothered getting any of them as of yet. I run outside pretty infrequently outside of my races so I would rarely use it. I will be keepin' my fingers crossed that you get that DOMS from 4DS!!! I only did 4DS for a couple of weeks when it first came out but loved it. I'm thinkin' of goin' back to it for a month very soon! }(

Okay, it's 10pm...time for this momma to get her arse to bed. Work tomorrow! oh yay...NOT! LOL :p This may sound extremely pathetic but I swear workin' with those rug rats 6-9 hours per week is more draining then my f/t job at the bank was I was a friggin' bill collector!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I actually had fleeting thoughts of getting up uber early and getting in my work out (Upper+ and A/C+) BEFORE going to work in the morning. I am realistic though. I may have good intentions and even set my alarm for some ungodly hour but I highly doubt I will get up! I don't know what I was thinkin'!!!:7

Okay...off to bed with me.

GN!:+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.