CABs & Abs---> Serenity Now Tuesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, girls!

It's back to work today.

Angie :: sorry you had to go into work yesterday, esp. during an ice storm. ACK! But I must admit, I would so love a snow day right about now!...I do think I will go elsewhere b/c the bottom line is, even after all these years, this girl either does not know my hair or she was pushing product on me in a really shady way. I'll start to ask around for recommendations. Thanks for your feedback...I would like to go on the RT, but given how hard it was to get a spot last year, I suppose I'm considering that a pretty remote possibility. And what would be the odds of all of us making it?

I'm not sure what today or this week is going to shape up to be. As mentioned last night, I'm toying with the idea that a full rest or recovery week might be needed right now on the pure basis of time and needing to cut through the workload. My computer is doing some funky stuff again, too, and I'm worried that I could lose data. I bought an external HD a couple of weeks ago b/c I discovered my laptop's HD was pretty much at capacity. Well, yesterday, the external HD decided to poop out on me. :eek: Like I really need this now!!! Tech support was closed yesterday, so I need to address this tonight when I come home. Fingers crossed there's a simple solution.

Hope you all have a GREAT day!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Good Morning Cabbers!:)

Ang: Sorry about all of the ice and snow you are dealing with. What a bummer. x( So what's with the guilt about work!? There's to be none of that around here anymore, ya hear me!? ;) DH skiied often but stopped going about 10-11 years ago for no apparent reason. He took an intermediate lesson, went down a bunny slope a few times and then he was good to go again so yeah, he's a skiier and he knows what he's doin'. He said when he stopped going he was skiing the black diamond trails!:eek:

Cathy: I hope your rest/recovery week serves you well if you decide to take it now. Sounds like a good idea for you at this point. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your external HD problem is a simple one. What are you going to do about your laptop?

So my upper body is SCREAMIN' at me this morning! My arms in particular! I heavied up on a few exercises in TB+ y'day and OMG I guess I did good. LOL

Today's work out will be Interval X+ and A/C+ after work.

Well, I guess that's all for now. I'll be back this afternoon ladies!:)

Morning Ladies!!

circuit class was awsome - did the longer cardio intervals and was a ball of sweat at the end of it all. I changed up the arms/upper body and did them in reverse of my usual way .. did the push ups at the end instead of the beginning .. yup my class just thought I forgot them .. I will have to do that more often b/c it worked the crap out of us!!

It was 32 when I left this morning .. but supposed to warm to 60 .. but when I got to work it felt warmer than it should have .. think I made a bad wardrobe choice .. have on a tank and covered w/a button up sweater .. think I am going to be sweating bullets by lunch!x(

Cathy - hope the rest week serves you well .. my unintentional rest week was last week .. now I have to make up some ground .. b/c the migraine really did not allow me to "rest"!! OH .. on your hair stylist .. think I would try a new one! I had one that did my hair for years .. then out of no where started mutilating it .. no idea why .. so I changed .. and boy am I glad I did!! I have a great one now!! Good luck!

Wendy - bowling sounds like a complete success! YAYAYA!! that is expensive for a small child though .. YIKES!!

Angie - bummer about the CD - but I did get the mp3 and downloaded it to the computer and burned it onto a CD .. also loaded it onto my IPOD. It is worth the trouble!! Have not been on CC site in a while . I missed #7 .. ooops .. here we go again .. another purchase! the tornado .. yeah .. I heard it .. it was close.. my stray was going bizzerk .. she never comes in and she forced her way in when I opened the door and hid in the laundry room .. shaking and scared to death .. my big babies were freaking out a bit too .. but once we got in the bathroom and I sat in there w/them they got better and once it passed .. POOF they were all better!! The one that missed us really did some damage where it touched down! so glad it spared us!!

Di - sooooooo how was the meltdown class??? I am waiting on pins and needles to hear about what new torture you have been put thru!!!
:) }(

OK .. going to be one of the upper body 4DS at lunch.. then tonight is cardio kickboxing w/a yoga cooldown!}( :D going to be a blast!

better run .. have a great one .. and I will BBL to check in w/you girls!!:7

Good Afternoon Cabbers.

I'm sitting here snacking on soy trail mix before I get DS up and head out for a much needed foodshopping trip.

I did IntervalX+ preceeded by Abs/Core+ today! Great work out. }( My arms are still kickin' with the DOMS. I have upper+ on tap for tmrw but might need to adjust my schedule if my arms are still yellin' at me. I can do legs tmrw instead if I have to and save Upper for later in the week. I'll have to see what my arms are sayin' in the morning. ;)

Laura: Sounds like a great work out day you have planned. I'm sure you'll be feeling the k/b in class tonight after doing 4DS upper body at lunch! Yeowzas!

BBL chickies!:)

Wendy ..

Have a question for you .. you posted one time about the Lucky jeans you love ...

I can not remember the style you said you had?? I bit the bullet and ordered me a pair .. I ordered the Sweet and Low style - I ordered them smaller than what the style chart said (thought I read they run big for the sizes) .. but I got them and they were a bit snug .. they looked good and did not gap .. but was afraid after washing them they may shrink too much .. so I ordered one size up ..

Which one did you say you liked??

oh and BTW .. my shoulders are talking to me right now .. kickboxing is going to be interesting .. and yoga will probably be a bit tricky!!! LOL

Hey girls,

Gotta be a drive-by. Just a heads up, I might be a little scarce around here the next few days. The external HD needs to be replaced. Gotta get that all packed up and ready to go for tomorrow. Now off to begin making a dent in the grading!

Hey cabbetts

Cathy - Dern computers sure do know how to pick the worst possible time to act up don't they? I sure hope you get that problem fixed pronto and that it isn't too costly to repair.:(
Actually the roads yesterday weren't too bad, but bad enough that school was cancelled. The boys will need to start making up days now so I hope the weather only gets nasty on the weekends now. I think they've had 8 snow days already.
I'll bet they do a lottery draw for the RT next year. It would definitely be a long shot for us all to make it but I was just wondering who was interested in that.
Don't feel bad about missing a week or so on your workouts. You need to do what you need to do! Cathy will be there when you can get back to her....and so will we.:) Heads up girl! We're in your corner.;)

Wendy - Dang it! I wish I had read your post before I headed off to work today.:7 I felt guilty about sitting home so I went in today. It did feel good to get a lot of loose ends tied up though. I'm trying to get all caught up so that when the accountant calls and says my tax stuff is ready to be picked up I can go!
I'll bet DH had a blast on the slopes after being away from it for so long. Is he excited to go back too?
So arm DOMS eh? *lol* They are the best!

Laura - Did your class shrink down to pre-new year resolution size? Any newbies left?
Thanks for the CC info. I'll download it and burn it to a CD from there. I have a couple of CC's on my adgenda for this week so maybe I'll have to take the plunge before hand.
Awww...the stray sounded so scared! That is spooky when pets are scared, since they usually have more foresight about weather than we do. So so so so glad everything turned out OK. It just makes me wonder what the heck spring is gonna bring ya know?

Diana - I'm also anxiously awaiting your melt down details.....do dish.}(

4DS HIS with B&C done today. I said I was gonna do the weights first and then cardio, but I have been doing them all as produced. The cardios aren't exhausting, so it works out pretty well. I may change the bootcamp one but the rest of them seem to be set up pretty well. Tomorrow is a CC workout with Candace.

Check back later

Angie

Laura: I got Lil' Maggie Luckys. LOVE EM!:) They are VERY tight on me at first. Kinda pants ya gotta put on with pliers pretty much but they DO loosen up and are the most comfortable tight jeans I've ever worn!!!!}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.