Cabs & Abs --> Saturday...bring on the sun!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, Cabbers! :)

Would love to see the sun today but don't think it's gonna happen. At least it'll stay dry. I was going to head out for my long run EARLY this morning (before my chiro appt.), but I forgot that my orthotics should be in today and I want to try them out.

CONGRATULATIONS to Angie, Di, and Wendy on registering for the RT. I'm glad everybody made it. You gals will have a BLAST!!! I'm really happy for you and look forward to meeting Di & Ange and seeing Wendy again.

Wendy ~ You know, even if I didn't have to keep tighter reins on the finances right now, I don't think I'd go for the RT, kinda based on what we'd talked about before. I've had the chance to take a few Cathe classes live, so it's more the social aspect that appeals to me...As long as my work calendar is clear, I plan to meet up with folks on the Friday of both RTs. If that can't happen, then I will have to make a stop at the Five Points on Sunday.

Laura ~ glad you were able to provide some comic relief to your friend...your poor SIL - I would have been mortified, too...no storms expected here until Sunday.

Angie ~ so far, I haven't had any problems with Vista...it reminds me of a Mac in some ways in that installation of new devices is incredibly simple now...start-up, too. I'm pleased, but I do know there are criticisms out there. Hopefully, I don't run into any problems...The training is going really well...how'd the spicy chicken turn out? I understood completely about Chicago and was not expecting you to make the trip just to hang...I know, it does seem odd to have befriended people online. But I guess nowadays it really isn't all that weird. Depending on when you come in - as long as I'm not working - the offer still stands for you & Di re: airport pickup.

Di ~ how did DH take the news?

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good Morning Cabbers.:)

Cathy: I totally understand why you are not going on the RT. You and I share the same misgivings about it. Once I heard Ang and Diana were signed up though I decided to throw caution to the wind. After that I read that Lorie (WT) was going too which is very cool. If I go and find that I was right about it then I'll just go back to crashin' it with ya! ;)

Dinner last night was nice but after tmrw's B'day dinner at MIL's I am DONE eating all of the crap! I am out of control and I can feel it and see it! I just got on the scale this morning! I've gained 3-4 pounds just over the past couple of weeks from all of the eating out and CAB drinking (damn GH!) I've been doing! UGH! x( May 5th is the official start of "operation clean it up" (meaning my diet!!!) for me! Anyone care to join me?

Today is supposed to be a rest day but I might throw in a short cardio if I'm up to it. Nothing too intense as I don't want to feel worn out for my race in the morning...Turbo Jam would probably fit the bill nicely. :)

I need to clean this house GOOD though and should have time to take care of that today which means the extra cardio may go by the wayside. Later on we are taking a ride to Long Branch to pick up my HM bib and goodie bag and walk around there for a little while as there is a fitness expo going on. From there we are dropping Joey off at my mom's for the night. DH is going to take me to the race and since it starts so early we'd prefer NOT to have to drag DS out of bed for that.

Okay, I'm done babbling...I'll BBIAB!

EDITED FOR A MILLION TYPOS.LOL

Wendy ~ I know -- seeing that the three of you were in along with Lorie and other folks on the OAL thread made me get caught up in it. I am sure you will have a GREAT time and be glad you went. I'm definitely not ruling out a future RT, but for this year, in light of the Chicago expenses in particular, I'm content with simply meeting up with folks at the beginning or the tail end again...Re: Chicago: I'm thinking of it like my skydiving experience -- don't know if I'll do it again, so I want to go "all out." I'll probably spring for the super-expensive race photos, etc. I'm with you on Operation Clean it Up. I can't seem to maintain consistency these days. Enjoy the expo!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Cathy,

I am hoping the expo is something worth walking around for a bit. I've never been to one so I'm not sure what to expect except that something tells me I should bring some money with me!}(
I haven't read through the schedule for the RT but if the Adelphia is on tap for saturday night again, you should come by and perhaps I'll be persuaded to "go to the bathroom" and we can have a few CL's together!:7 I am really hoping I enjoy the RT. It would be a little get-away to look forward to every year (or as often as she has them).

You are correct. I just read up and no Adelphia's this time. Oh well. *sniff sniff* It was a thought. Perhaps she caught wind of last year's "crashers" and that's why sat eve's events are elsewhere!? :eek: :7

Happy Saturday morning girls

I wonder how long I'm going to be riding this natural high? I guess I shouldn't jinx it. Yesterday I had lots of good news to ride on so I'm still a-smilin' today.:) Although, I think my polar is pretty much done. I need to take it to the jewelers next week and see if they can put a new battery in it. Is there any reason why I sould send it in instead?
It's soggy but sunny here right now. I'm thinking it's not going to stay dry and maybe we'll take the chance and go shrooming today. I still have another cup of coffee to slurp before I even get changed.

Cathy - Spicy chicken is Cam's favorite chicken dish. It's just a McCormic Southwest Marinade packet with chicken breasts. If you like food with a bit-o-spice, you might want to give it a shot. You can cut the recipe in half too. I do that all the time with packet spices.
IA that it doesn't seem weird to meet you all. I'm thinking they (parents) would be fine with it if we were "pen pals". The cyber aspect of it is what's throwing them off. They really don't understand what a chat board is - they only hear the horror stories on the news.
I really appreciate the offer for the pick up. How far away do you live from the PHL airport? I don't want to mess up your schedule though, so if it's inconvenient, please don't feel like you have to. At this point, it looks like my flight will be coming in 12:43. I haven't booked yet since the post on the boards say to wait until Weds. night for the best deal. I guess I'll wait til then to book.
Have you got Wii fit? Cody just got mario cart with the wheel last night. He says it's really fun but I haven't tried that one yet.

Diana - Yes, how did DH take the news???

Wendy - I really don't want to join you on operation cleanup but I know I should! I've not budged even a 10th of a pound in the past 6 weeks. Usually I shed pounds with the X, but I haven't been tracking calories. So, OK - I will start tracking again on Monday. Thanks for the kick in the pants.
Oh, I forgot you had a race tomorrow. Good luck with that. Is it a 5 or 10K?
I was watchin a Shawn-T commercial last night for Rockin party or something like that. Do you know anything about that? It looks fun.
The fitness expo sounds fun...er...maybe expensive. LOL! I hope you find some cool stuff.
So, are you going to room with Lori? I'm not sure if 3 of us can share one room. What do you think?

Ang:

You can put up to 4 girls in a room for the RT. It just depends upon your preference really. Some prefer 2 as it's less crowded and easier to get bathroom rights }( while some prefer to cut the cost of the hotel by dividing it 4 ways instead of 2 (or 3 even). What's your thought? I could ask Lorie if she needs a roomie if you and Di would rather just room the 2 of you. I didn't mean to butt in on you!:) I just think it would be fun to room with you two! :7

I'm glad you will be joining Cathy and I for "operation clean up". I'll need all the help I can get!:p

Tomorrow's race is a half marathon (13.1 miles). It'll be my 2nd one. I'm hoping to get a PR. I'd love to cut about 10 minutes off my time. Not sure I can but I will certainly try!:+

Shaun T puts out Hip Hop Abs and Rockin' Body. Hip Hop abs is choreographed dancing to hip hop music and Rockin' Body is choreographed to rock and disco music. I have Rockin' Body and it's fun. I stayed away from Hip Hop Abs because I'm not into that style of music. Both programs also include toning work outs. Rockin' Body is fun but I prefer Turbo Jam. A fellow Catheite who doesn't post much anymore has Hip Hop Abs and loves it. It's such a personal preference that I couldn't tell you if you'd enjoy it or not however there is a 30 day money back garuntee on all of BB's products if you don't like it.

Hi Ladies,

With all the excitement yesterday, I forgot to mention I took the Butts & Guts class at the rec ctr on my lunch hr. It was a real burner for sure.

Today I'm back to the really tough C&B. This is week 3-thankfully I don't have to do it again for several more weeks so I will struggle through it today.

Jerod has a football game today and they are undefeated at this point. The teams are pretty even but somehow we seem to win. I'm not complainin'!

Cathy-no worries regarding the RT. We still get to meet you and that's the best part. Thanks for the p/u offer. Angie may have to hang for a bit at the airport for my flight to come in.

Wendy-I didn't realize you were running another HM tomorrow. Dont'cha just love that distance. It's long enough to be tough and challenging but not so long it becomes unbearable. Good Luck tomorrow. Add me to the diet cleanup-I've been snacking terribly in the late afternoons. This past week I brought deli ham/turkey on a light english muffin and an orange. I figured that was better than the chocolate I'd been consuming.

Angie-Tell your parents it's like attending a work conference, you meet new people with the same interests as you. You've also been in communications with them for over a year. I never lost weight with the X, but it definitely gave me some definition in my upper body. Wendy gave me a rotation that gives more cardio and uses the X that I'm really enjoying.

Laura-your nephew is too cute!! Kids sometimes are just a little what we call "to honest". They call it like they see it. Fortunately though it was your friend and she saw the humor in it to. I'm sure SIL was mortified-but it's still funny. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Diana

Crashing Your Check-in

>You are correct. I just read up and no Adelphia's this time.
>Oh well. *sniff sniff* It was a thought. Perhaps she caught
>wind of last year's crashers and that's why Sat eve's events
>are elsewhere!? :eek: :7

Wendy, I saw that you decided to join the fun in August and stopped in here to see you. I miss checking in with you. I laughed out loud when I read the post I just quoted. How would Cathe know about the crashers? It’s not like an overjoyed forum friend got excited and blew their cover or anything. ;-) LOL! :7 You will have a blast. I hope you and Cathy join the July Road Trippers Friday for lunch or Sunday morning at the diner. I would love to see you again. By the way, the decision about Saturday night was based on feedback Cathe and the coordinators received from us last year when we filled out the surveys. If you want to crash the July Road Trip for lunch Saturday, you can have mine because Japanese food is not my cup of tea. Otherwise, Emily can make food art out of my lunch!

Cathy, you know that I would love to see you again too. I am flying up Wednesday with a few of my T-12 sisters from the 2007 Road Trip. You are welcome to join us for breakfast, lunch, or dinner anytime that week if you are not working.

Angie, I booked a 1:15 p.m. flight for the July Road Trip. I called Rapid Rover, and they will need to pick me up at the diner between 10:45 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. You will not miss anything exciting by leaving the farewell brunch 15-30 minutes early. Brunch will be over, and everyone will be talking, taking pictures, crying, and saying their goodbyes. You will have time to hug everyone and take pictures before you leave. You will not want to leave your friends, but it will not be any easier 30 minutes later! My roomie took this flight last year and was glad she did because she got home at a decent hour. I took the 3:30 p.m. flight last year, had an extremely long layover in Dallas, and did not get home until late at night. The later flights are often cancelled and delayed due to thunderstorms. I would go with the 1:15 p.m. flight. It was an easy decision for me this year because the later flights were over $100.00 more. Oh, the Philadelphia airport was not busy last August on a Sunday afternoon. It is only a 30-minute drive to the airport, and I ended up getting through security and eating a pretzel while I waited. In other words, I had plenty of time to catch my flight.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Crashing Your Check-in

Hiya girls

I've been shrooming all day. We picked about 10#!:eek: :7 ;-) We are very happy about that. We weren't expecting the picking to be that good. Now DH is cutting them all and whinning about how many there are. LOL!
So, since I've been gone all day I did not w/o. Maybe tomorrow first thing I'll be able to cram a step workout in there before we head out to the woods again.

Wendy - I didn't want at all to imply you were butting in. Heck, you're one of us.;) I'm just trying to figure out what's going on. I'm wondering how sleeping arrangements would work with 3 of us. Does one person get a cot?
Wow - a half mary? You go girl!! I'd bet money that you'll get a PB!

Diana - So how'd the football game go? Is Jarod's team still undefeated?
Good luck with C&B today....it is a grueling w.o!

Heather - Japeneese food?? I must've missed that. Never had it. I may just have to order a pizza later on. *lol*
Thanks so much for the info.! I was hoping that flight would work. I can't wait to hear how the July RT goes.

The race has started and I have a CAB in hand. This Saturday night is all right!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.