Cabs & Abs----> Monday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, girls! :)

Angie ~ happy 40th to DH!...Sounds like a good time eating and Wiing…No, I haven’t read NROL and don’t think I will…A 6-month lifting rotation just doesn’t appeal to me…but I’m ready for STS! :) I’ll be glad to have this last leg of the NB behind me, but I’ve really bonded with the facilitators and a few of the other candidates in the class. It’s one of those special networks where people keep coming back to the classes, even when they don’t have to anymore, just to share professionally and support others. Great job getting so much done yesterday…here’s an online calorie calculator that you can check against your HRM: http://www.runtheplanet.com/resources/tools/calculators/caloriecounter.asp

Wendy ~ so how was BMF’s attitude Sat. night?...are things all good again?

Di ~ congrats to Jerod’s team!...what weather you had…thanks for that link you posted to Angie. The timing service that used to do a lot of the races in this area has turned their attention to mostly duathlons and triathlons, and I’m not nearly on as many mailing lists as I used to be, so that’s good to know.

Today is my OFFICIAL :) rest day. May plug in some yoga later. State testing starts today, so it could be helpful for staying in Zen mode.

Hope your Monday's a smooth one!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Morning!

I have either BBC full body or Mint Condition to do this afternoon. Right now neither souds like much fun (LOL) but ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right? }(

Cathy: Enjoy yoga if you decide to do it today. I haven't been very good about getting yoga in the last couple of weeks. So much to do and so little time, ya know? :) Things with BMF seem to be fine. He wasn't acting strangely on saturday night atleast. Time will tell...

Alrighty, it's time for me to get ready for work.

BBL!:)

Hi again, girls! :)

Another rainy, dreary day here. I think I'm optin' outta yoga tonight. Just not feelin' it. Will grade a few papers instead and then snuggle in with my book.

Wendy ~ glad to hear all is good with BMF. Hope you enjoyed whatever workout you settled on.

Where's everyone else?

Have a great night!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Hi ladies,

I got up this morning and did Imax 3. It was a fun one this morning. Amanda also got up and did the EXT so she could view the workout while I was doing it. Of course, she said I'm crazy and so is Cathe. I only looked at my bare wrist a couple of times. I still feel naked without my hr monitor. I expect to get it back sometime next week.

I was going to do Kickmax the other day and realized it is gone. It must be with the girl from last summers bootcamp class along with my bootcamp dvd. I replace my bootcamp dvd when I preorded STS. If any of you have Kickmax and don't want it, I would be happy to purchase it from you. Otherwise, I'm going to re-order it.

At lunch, our rec ctr offers a bootcamp class (a circuit of cardio and weights) and I had the chance to take it today. It was pretty fun. I love the loud music it just really gets you goin'. Some of my coworkers go to the class and talk about how great it is. I though it was fun, but nothing compared to Cathe. I bought a puch card so I'll probably go a few more times. Friday's class is Butts and Guts. I'd like to give that one a try to.

Cathy-Enjoy your official rest day! Thanks for the kind words for Jerod's team. I need to get myself running at least 3, probably 4 times per week since my 10K is on May 26th.

Wendy-So you had to work this morningx( I just want to stay in bed on Monday mornings. What workout did you decide to do?

Angie-you have to remember that EXT is a non-impact exercise. Although it works your cardiovascular system, it is not the same as running. Your muscles and joints, (shins too) need time to adjust to running. They say with running your body takes 1 and 1/2 times your body weight in force, the EXT won't prepare you for that. The weather is supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow so I plan on running then.

Laura-hope you are having a great day.

Diana

Hello girlies

What a busy Monday, but then again, aren't they all?? LOL I got to work late b/c I picked up the ocmputer this morning. By the time the tech downloaded some stuff he forgot about and showed me a couple of things, I didn't get out of there until 11.:eek: So, I worked late and still didn't get everything done. My desk is a disaster area! I will be going in tomorrow to finish and clean up and try to learn a bit more about the new computer.
I got home late but went ahead and did the first half of yogaX and CC#1 on the EXT. I was hoping it would be a bit shorter of a workout than doing yogaX in full but it was still a 90 minute workout. However, it was much more do-able than YogaX!}(

Laura - You confused me girl! You posted on yesterdays thread. *lol* I was thinking you posted after midnight but when I went back and looked at the date and time again I figured it out.
So ya like to paint huh?:eek: :p When you're done there, c'mon over!! I have a ceiling tht needs re-varnished.
Chicken and shrooms:9 :9 Yummy!! That is one of my favorite meals.
So sorry to hear the bad cancer news with your friends. I'll certainly keep them in my thoughts and prayers.
You know, it IS scary to see people so young get so sick from cancer. It's almost amazing that we don't all have some form of cancer with all the chemicals, hormones, and additives we are exposed to on a daily basis. Heck, I'm afraid to cook with my teflon cookware anymore. It seems like eery time I turn on the TV there's something else that they think causes cancer.

Cathy - Awwwwwww thanks for the warm fuzzy welcome back.:)
That was a heckuva w/o yesterday. You deserve that rest day today. I think you are smart to take a rest day on Monday. They are hectic enough without having to worry about throwing a w/o in there.
Where do you order your bodyglide from?
Thanks for the calorie site. It says about the 550 range and that seems more in line with the norm for me. It doesn't really matter a whole lot though since I'm not counting calories anymore. I'm sure I'm taking in more than I should but it feels great not be counting anymore.
So after the NB test in June do you get to relax until the results come back on the portfolio?

Wendy - BBC Fullbody does NOT sound like fun at all!! Yikes! But a great workout. Best of luck with that.

Diana - Sorry I don't have KM (at least I don't think so). Is there any way you can get it back from your friend?
True about the running and the EXT. The impact isn't there. I do get more of a cardio with DEEP breathing on the EXT than with a run and the foot placement isn't quite the same (no rubbing with the EXT). However, I haven't done a CC with the ipod and running yet. I'm sure that would crank up the cardio!
So more fun classes in your future? You are lucky to have that option. I wonder if B&G will be like Cathe's.....

Off to do one last load of laundry for a couple of days. I think I am finally at the bottom of the laundry mountain......at least for a day or two.;-)

Good night girls!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.