CABs & Abs ----> Monday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls :) :) :)

Wendy:: sorry about the bad dream disrupting your sleep... I thought I was going to have nightmares because I watched a documentary last night on Hiroshima & Nagasaki, and the images were so, so horrible and disturbing. I had seen a handful of graphic photos before, but nothing like this. And to think WE did this to people. It was heartwrenching - and stomach-turning - to watch...Can't believe what a STEAL you found on the Lucky's -- fantastic!!!

Angie :: glad you enjoyed the trail run/walk last night...I think the Clean Eating book that most folks talk about around here is the one by Tosca Reno. If that's the one you meant, I would suggest finding a copy of the Oxygen Clean Eating issue instead. It's only $5 as opposed to almost $20 for the book - and the info is the EXACT same, just in condensed form. I bought the book and took it right back, and as a result of that incident, I stopped buying Oxygen. Everything they do just seems like a plug for another one of their products.

Hi Diana, Laura, and Nancy!

I haven't made up my mind about what today's workout will be, but I do know it will be in the PM. I thought I might head over to Cathe's gym for her k'boxing class, but I don't feel like driving out that way. So I'm just gonna go with whatever I'm in the mood for tonight.

Have a great Monday!

[font face="garamond" font color=deeppink size=+2]~Cathy [/font face]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George

Good Morning All.:)

Cathy: What you watched is the type of thing I CAN'T watch. I am too easily disturbed by stuff. I couldn't stomach it. Sounds awful. Glad you slept despite it. I am sooo excited about my Luckys! I hope I am not dissapointed. Have fun with whatever work out you do today!

I have BootCamp on tap today for after work. }(

Gotta go for now but I'll be back! :)

Morning ladies ..

I am glad all of your exercised for me .. b/c I certainly did NOT! Except for MAJOR cleanmax and some DH time!!;-)

Friday night I went home unwound .. DH cooked .. and we took a jacuzzi together ... then watched Wild Hogs .. OMG that was a funny funny movie .. and I needed a good laugh!

Sat. VBF went to see our friend w/cancer .. it is worse than we knew - she has a huge tumor on her head .. as big as a grapefruit she said .. I wish I would have gone w/them but w/the party I HAD to stay and clean and get things together .. I will probably regret it .. but I am really not sure how "aware" she is ... VBF was distraught and she had taken our friends VBF w/her .. and she was unconsolable she said .. just so freaking sad and disturbing and sickening!

anyway .. the party was to start at 2:00 .. I live about 30 min. from town and one by one the phone calls started coming in about being late .. and another friend of ours her boss's son got killed in a wreck . .so she was unsure of her plans .. aahhh just seemed as though everything was against us .. short of the long of it .. every one was about an hour late ... but SIL was 1 1/2 hours late .. LOL .. so it worked out fine. We had a nice crowd .. SIL was so surprised .. and we had a ball .. think all of us needed it .. no telling how many CABS were consumed .. and boy did I feel it yesterday .. I never have a hangover .. but man did I yesterday .. x( .. the party lasted till 2:00 in the morning .. so if that tells you anything .. LOL ... besides the big head I have a broken tail bone .. LOL .. the THIRD time it has been broken .. (I won't even tell you what I was doing to break it .. LOL .. YIKES... but hey I was not the only one .. LOL) ..

so today I am just trying to get THRU manic Monday .. and DH leaving on a fishing trip this afternoon .. so will ahve the house to myself tonight!

Thinking I may attemp BBC at lunch .. then tonight's class will be cardio and weights ... have lots of sweating to do!!:)

OK ..gotta run .. have a good one .. will BBL for personals!:7

All right, let's go. Spill the broken tail bone story.

[font face="garamond" font color=deeppink size=+2]~Cathy [/font face]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George

Wendy:: I hear you. I felt the same watching Flight 93. It's VERY disturbing stuff, very uncomfortable viewing, but I feel like I HAVE to see it, if that makes any sense. I remember learning about the A-bombs on a very superficial level in school, and I think it's an injustice to "brush under the carpet" so-to-speak the parts of our nation's history which might be morally questionable. OK, stepping off soapbox now and being careful not to fall down... :p...as I am known to do.

Laura:: the news about your friend is just awful...Is it a brain tumor or is it on the outside of her head? What a devastating turn of events...But I am glad to hear folks were able to escape the heavy thoughts for a few hours & celebrate SIL's birthday.

Hi Ladies,

I have to confess that I did not workout yesterday or this morning. I was too busy yesterday and too tired to drag my behind out of bed this morning. I do have bootcamp tonight and may try to go to the gym later today.

Dinner last night was good. DH cooked ribs and steaks on the grill and we also had, salad, potato salad, fruit, cauliflower & broccoli, and I made a yummy ice cream dessert!

Cathy-hope you have a great workout tonight!

Wendy-have fun with your 5K's this weekend. I use to run them all the time. I wish I still couldx( Great buy on the lucky jeans!

Laura-so sorry to your friends condition is worth than everyone thought. Just keep praying-I know I sure will. Well even though everyone was late, it seemed like the party was a hit!

Angie-What are you up to today?

Nancy-hope all is well with you Nancy.

Diana

Hi Girls!

I created my first work out as I am going to start training my friend tomorrow night!!!!

Here's what I came up with...

Beginner Boot Camp Work Out

Cycle 1: step ups, standard squats, bicep curls, standard crunches

Cycle 2: step up/knee ups, plie squats, tricep kickbacks, oblique crunches

Cycle 3: jog in place, standing side leg lifts, chest press, hip raises

Cycle 4: front kicks, stationary lunges, chest fly, supermans

Cycle 5: jumping jacks, knee ext's, double arm row (seated or standing), standard crunches

Cycle 6: side kicks, calf raises, overhead shoulder press, oblique crunches

Cycle 7: jump rope, inner thigh leg lifts,shoulder front raises, hip raises

Cycle 8: back kicks, pelvic tilts or donkey kicks, shoulder side raises , supermans

Warm Up: 10 mins
Cardio: 30-60 seconds or rep count
Muscle group work: 12-15 reps each exercise, lower body done with body weight only, upper body done with light weights or tubing.
Cool Down/Stretch: 10 mins

Notes:
Can split work out in half if too much all at once.
Can do cycles 1-4 one day and 5-8 another day with 1 day of rest in between-can do cardio only on off day if desired.
Can shorten cycles by only doing upper OR lower body one day and doing other the next.
Can take core work out of cycles and attach to end of work out.

What do you ladies think?

ETA: When I finished posting this I went and checked my email and my friend is already setting herself up for failure. She has already emailed me that her evenings this week may (suddenly, mind you) be booked and she hasn't even started yet!!!! ARGH!x(

Wendy :: it looks great! I think I will copy this into a Word document for future use, if you don't mind. I like how you've thought ahead to create alternative workout possibilities. Good work!!

Diana :: your workouts always sound so thorough and tough and consistent that I am sure you can more than afford the one-day break. Enjoy BC tonight!

Cathe ...

The tumor is on her head .. under the skin .. which explains her confusion and forgetting things b-4 the diagnosis .. I am thinking she knew about it .. and let it go to long .. ?? who knows .. it is just so sad!!

and the tailbone story ... :eek:
Ok .. might as well ... keep in mind .. this is after MANY MANY MANY CABS were consumed ... we have a running joke about SIL and "pole dancing" .. ssooooooooooo .. my DH pointed at our shiny new stainless steel pole off the patio ...SIL of course decides to show how to climb up it and spin around .. and then this other girl trys .. then the husband of the other girl tries (yes hillarious).. so me of course being the dumb@$$ I am and surely not to be out done (forgetting that I am not 21 anymore)wll .. I take me a try at it ...oh I was so impressed w/myself .. did the twirl .. from the top .. but by the time I got toward the bottom (it was raining) I started going down faster than I thought and although ever so gracefully managed to hit the bottom THAT IS CONCRETE REALLY hard!! {{{ CRACK}}} oh yeah .. it was a sight to behold ...

didn't hurt then .. but once awakened from the CAB self induced funk the next morning .. I went to get up and OUCH!!!:+ .. yes I am an idiot!!! :7 and yes my days as a pole dancer are over (at least while under the influence of too many CABS) .. will leave it up to the young ones!! LOL

... OH and believe me .. my VBF is rolling her @$$ off .. she witnessed the spectacle!! I would blame it on DH since he assisted .. but LOL .. afraid it is all of my own doing!! I would still be laughing if it did not hurt so freaking bad!!

.. I worked my arms in the gym at lunch and it hurt to even do cable bicep curls .. :eek: ;( ... ssooooooooooo .. not sure how well I will be able to teach class .. b/c the pressure is relentless .. and getting up and down is NOT doable ... wondering if step is doable ...

the boss asked me to go upstairs to get something . . OK .. I like to have not made it up the stairs .. finally had to spill the beans to the boss .. and yes he also is rolling his head off and taking no pity what so ever on me .. he just shakes his head and snickers to himself when he sees me ..

yes I am an idiot .. and yes I can laugh at myself b/c I know this!!:D

Laur, I am laughing SO hard...not that you are hurt...but just the way you tell the story...it *IS* a good one! You might need to sit down on some ice, girl.

On a serious note re: your friend...I will say a prayer also...I hope it is still early enough that the outcome will be OK.

Cathy: No problem-go right ahead and use the work out if you want. I don't mind at all!:)

Laura: LOL about the tailbone story. I am allowed to laugh as I have a similar story believe it or not!:eek: Prayers to your friend. So sad when someone young ends up with such an awful disease. I hope they can help her.

Diana: How was Boot Camp class tonight?

I did as planned-Boot Camp is DONE! It's not as nearly difficult as it used to be which is a great thing BUT those terminator climbers are still KILLER! I just can't finish 'em all!x( x( x(

OK, Wendy. Your turn. Dish on the tailbone story, please.

>OK, Wendy. Your turn. Dish on the tailbone story, please.

LOL Okay Okay!!! Here goes...

I was 21-22 years old. At a guy friend's house. He lived in an apartment complex and several people that lived there had chipped in and they were having a big bash. I was drinkin' Tequila shooters only I was usin' cantelope instead of lime cause that's all the guy had. I finished ATLEAST half of a bottle alone. All I know is that I went into his bathroom to toss my cookies (no surprsie there, huh?) and at that point I'm a blank slate. I don't remember ANYTHING except for the last 5 mins of him driving me home that night. I was crying hysterically for some reason. Then I go blank again. FF to the next morning when I wake up. I was lying on my stomach and went I went to get up...WATCH OUT! Holy cr@p, the pain!!!! I couldn't function for DAYS! My tailbone is crooked. I don't know if it got broken, sprained or what but it doesn't sit straight anymore. It bothers me to this day when I sit on hard surfaces. I obviously don't recall how I hurt myself. My best guess is that I fell back with force onto the hard tile floor in my friend's bathroom and that's what did it. I told my mom I fell down on the concrete while playing volleyball at the party!:p

Good evening girls

LOL - you guys are completely crackin' me up!:7 :+ :p :) Maybe we should switch our name to CABs and broken tail-bones. Yikes! I'll be we would get a lot of curious onlookers with that name.

My meeting this morning was not nearly as long as I thought it was going to be so I went to the shoe store and bought a pair of Asics - gel kahana's. Apparently there is a plug in the mid-shoe that helps to prevent internal or external pronation. I guess it won't hurt anything if I don't pronate, but I thought as a novice runner it might be worth the extra $10. They were $60 so I didn't think that was too bad. I hope I like the way they feel when I get out there to try them out.
I was able to go to work and get my regular stuff done so I don't haave to go in tomorrow...thank goodness. I did ME when I got home. Man I cannot keep up with Cathe on the bicep curls in ME...ugh! What's worse is that she looks like she does it effortlessly. I use 5# on each side and it looks like she has 7.5# but I can't tell for sure since I don't use the kind of barbell she has. My arms still look better, but I'm not sure how much stronger they are.

Wendy - Man, you were up late. I rarely get up in the middle of the night but every once in a blue moon I'll have a really disturbing dream and have to get up and at least get a drink of water.
2 races this weekend? You go girl!!
What...no push ups or pull ups in your BC routine?? Is this really Wendy or an imposter?!? LOL - maybe you actually like this person.;-) Hope you can get thru to her to let her know that consistency is the key to her goals.

Cathy - How do I get the oxygen clean eating issue? I'm thinking I may be able to get the book on half.com for about $8, so that's not too bad.
How cool it must be to have the option of going to a live Cathe class when you feel like it. I'm soooooo jealous! I think I would be star-struck if I actually met her. Hopefully next year I'll make it into the RT. I've talked myself into it....I'm gonna try when the time comes.

Laura - How heartbreaking about your friend. The diagnosis unfortunately doesn't sound very promising.:( I'll bet she knew too and just didn't want everyone else to know. She sounds like a special person. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
I'm glad you got some much needed stress relief at your party, even though you may have some battle wounds to show for it. I would love to go to one of your parties.:+

Diana - Your body could probably use a break. Tomorrow you'll probably kick butt in your w/o with renewed energy. Glad you got some extra sleep this morning.
Your dinner sounds absolutely wonderful!!:9

Nancy - Still thinkin' about you girl. :)

Night all

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.