Cabs & Abs ---> lovin' life on Saturdays

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Mornin’, lovely Cabber lasses! :) :) :)

Wendy :: thanks for the thong tip…I will definitely check those out…I have two from Target (some brand with a G) and a few from VS…Oh OK, ABA sounds like one I was considering at some point…It’s good to be un-enabled sometimes! :)

Laura :: wait til you get my Christmas card }( ;)…I was dressed for Colorado yesterday, too. I actually wore one of my Under Armour Cold Gear tops under my sweater…and wouldn’t you know, they FIXED THE HEAT! *lol*

Angie :: that sure does sound like a migraine to me…Sorry you were hit with that!…LMJO (laughin’ my junk off :)) at the thong comments…Most of the ones I have are plain, but I just bought a set from VS that I love… http://www2.victoriassecret.com/com...G-215961&page=3&cgname=OSBRPVERVIL&rfnbr=1096 I got the wide-side thong to match (appropriate for this wide load…*lol*)…A little touch of smartass doesn’t hurt. I’m sure your kids are NOTHING like little ms. attitude. I could be wrong, but my impression is that girls are worse…I think that’s a great idea in lieu of the holiday party. A win-win situation for all…that weight bench looks like a fantastic deal!! Pretty cheap EXT right next to it, too.
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/engelsmileyf.gif

Di :: good to see you!…Hope you get a chance to relax some this weekend. Sounds like you are doing well with damage control. I am up a lb. as well. Not bad considering what I'm eating on a daily basis.

The lesson videotaping wasn’t successful. I had two class periods where the kids just acted goofy and unnatural -- e.g. turning into the camera, “Is it on?” One kid (since I was wearing my U/A turtleneck) asked, “Are you hot--?” and then when he cut himself off, they all broke out into guffaws. But I would have had some good footage – only the volume barely picked up the class discussion. So, I can’t use it. Kind of a bummer. But oh well. I’d borrowed the school’s VHS camera, but I think my little Hi8 Sony would have been better. That thing has a pretty good mic. The Hi8 tapes can be transferred to DVD, right? I think that’s what I’ll have to do.

Today’ll be a run (weather permitting—if not, EXT) and 4DS #10 (CS & T).
Have a great one! BBL... http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/jumpsanta.gif

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

Good Morning All.

Cathy: Yeah, I wouldn't even bother with ABA if I were you. The step choreo is horrid. I just can't pick it up. Perhaps it's her cueing, I don't know but I hate it. LOL The weight work is okay. The upper body work burned me good and the lower body work isn't bad either. I will likely only use this dvd for it's weights only premix but it's not worth the price of the DVD IMO. I wish I had tried it sooner. I bought it from Collage and could have returned it but I let it sit untouched for too long after purchase. Oh well, live and learn, right?

Well, that's about all I have time for. I gotta jump in the shower. A friend of DH's is getting married today and we are invited to the wedding. I love weddings usually but this one is at 10:30 this morning w/a noon reception and that doesn't thrill me. It KILLS my day. x( I have yoga on tap for today but likely will probably just save it for tomorrow. If I have time for a work out at some point today it will likely be an extra cardio session since I had dinner out last night and will be indulging at the wedding today as well.

Have a great day girls!

Morning cabbers http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Holidays_and_Party/xmas-tree-070.gif

We never did go out last night to shop. The kids went to Grma's so we decided to bask in the quietness.}( :p Actually, for the most part, I was on the computer and DH was sleeping in his chair with the beagle in his lap. Ahhhhhh! :) We commented later that it was so weird to have such serenity in the house...kinda weird. So, we'll probably head out this afternoon to finish up that Christmas shopping and maybe get lunch.

My folks stopped over last night and they are heading out to see my sister today. I mentioned something to them about her EXT and about buying that weight bench set. They said that BIL has a big universal weight gym that my sis would like to see gone since they live in a modular with limited space. It's been sitting in their bedroom forever and never gets used. I would be interested in getting her EXT, but I don't think I want that huge weight machine. DH did call a friend of his who deals in pool tables and left a message that he wants to get rid of it and to let us know if he wants it. I'm waiting for the phone to ring!! I would love to see that pool table gone so I can fill the space with usable exercise equipment!

Cathy http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Holidays_and_Party/party-101.gif - I got your X-mas card...it was oh so cute! LOL It was the first Christmas card of the season. I gotta get workin on those soon!
What a day to fix the heat huh? Funny how kids + camera = wacky http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/TV_and_Movies/garfield3.gif
Those bra/pantie sets are super cute! You are the queen of internet clothes shopping I swear.
Oh, I gotta tell ya....I came up with a way to make Cam think twice before HAVING to get the last word in. I figured since it's Christmas time, and he's broke, I would make him a little cash deal. I told him that I will start him out with $10 at the beginning of the week. Every time he mouths back I take a dollar back.:7 So far he is only down $1, but he did go to Grma's so he got a break there. I know it won't last long, but getting him to actually THINK about it for a couple of weeks will be a good thing...I hope.;-) He does it so automatically, that I like the idea of putting the brakes on his mouth. I'm afriad that I may have to increase the amount to $20 or more ($100,000) for him to actually get any cash at the end of a week.:7

Wendy http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Holidays_and_Party/party-050.gif - Boy, that sure is an early wedding! They must be morning people. Actually I've heard that a lot of people are doing that with early receptions so that they don't have to worry so much about people drinking too much and then driving home and getting into trouble. Makes sense.
So what are you up to tonight??

Diana - http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Holidays_and_Party/party-051.gif I'll bet you'll be at the hospital today. Hopefully all is going well on that front.
Do you have a killer workout on tap for today?

Well, I should go and get that wedding workout in. But, I might just wait til we get back home. I still haven't downed much java.
Have a great Saturday girls and I'll BBL

Angie

Where'd everyone go???

Change of plans for me. DH got his snowmobile back from the repair shop and now he is out on the trail....broke down.}( He is not a happy camper.x( So, I thought I might as well get my w/o out of the way. I just scarfed down some lunch and now I need to tidy things up a bit. It makes me wonder if our shopping expedition is going to happen. Maybe I'll get dinner out tonight?
This weekend is already running short on time since we will be tied up with Camerons B-day party for most of the day tomorrow. Can't wait for that to be over with! LOL

Later girls

Angie

Hi Ladies,

I've been pretty lazy this morning. I do plan to get a long cardio session in today. I made us breakfast, scrambled eggs with diced ham and cheese, and real buttered toast. I normally have eggbeaters with mushrooms & tomato, but the real thing is good every now and then. Toast with butter, I can't remember the last time I had that.

I'm going to head out to do some Christmas shopping soon. I've been putting it off because I don't want to go to an electronics store on a Saturday. I am at the point where if I don't go get it now, either the store will be out of it or I just won't get another chance to get it.

Tonight I'm babysitting Angela (my nephews daughter) and the 3 yr old boy (Sakia) they are in the process of adopting. It's been many years since I've had a 3 yr old in the house. I think it will be fun. I'm trying to come up with an activity, maybe a christmas gift they can make for their parents.

Cathy-Sorry the taping didn't go well. Is it possible to do a hidden camera kind of thing or is that against school policy? If the kids didn't know they were being filmed it would just be like any other day. Of course there is no guarantee you won't get the same kind of comments you did before. I'm sure you'r hot:) I laughed when I read your post. I'm also a fan of VS very sexy collection.

Wendy-I still have bags under my eyes at 10:30am, what are they thinking??? Although I do have to agree with Angie, you don't want your guests drinking and driving. I'm asking DH for Amy Bento's Slo Mo and All Pump Xtreme. I have her kickbox xtreme and Hi/Lo xtreme and like both of those.

Angie-you must've missed my post, Amanda is out of the hospital but is on oral medication to keep her contractions at bay. I posted a link to a sony LCD flat screen in yesterdays forum-not sure if you saw it or not. I'm also checking my walmart for the weight bench you posted. What a great deal!

It's almost noon here, I better get busy so I can be ready for my babysitting duties at 4pm.

BBL

Diana

Hey, girlies! :)

I can’t believe how quickly this day has gone. I thought I might try to bang out a bunch of schoolwork today and rest tomorrow, but I haven’t done jack. *shrugs*

Wendy :: I agree, 10:30 is early for a wedding. That’s when my DS & BIL were married on the island, but I thought that was a special circumstance with it being a cruise and all. A noon reception…well…doesn’t sound like much fun at all. *lol*

Angie :: I hope you can nab that EXT!!!…love the wacky Garfield (and other smilies)…Yup, that pretty much is what they looked like…*lol*…I bought that set in-store…I actually try NOT to order clothes online…would rather try it on in person…but now that I have slimmed down, I can sometimes take that risk…*lol* about needing $100,000 for your deal with Cam…didja get your shopping done?

Di :: mm, sounds like a nice breakfast…it’s good to indulge in the full-fat stuff now and then…oh, who am I kidding? I want it all the time. *lol* I went to Applebee’s with my dad for lunch today…we split the onion rings apps and I had one mini-cheeseburgers and French fries…don’t blame you for not wanting to go to an electronics store on a Saturday…today while I was out, I was wondering why retired folks are out on the weekends…Why would you CHOOSE to be out and about on the busier shopping days if you could avoid crowds during the week?…Have fun babysitting…I probably can’t do a hidden camera, but hopefully they will get used to it. I’m not even going to try again until after the holidays. They are getting too amped up.

I ran 3 miles outside today and followed that with 4DS CST premix – whoo! These w/outs just fry my u/b. Tonight will be a nice, quiet night in.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

Hi Girls.

We are back from the wedding and we had a BLAST! Yes the ceremony was early but we got over it. LOL The food at the cocktail hour was DELICIOUS and we each had a pretty strong drink as well. }( When we got into the reception room they moved everything along at a good clip. The dinner was, again DELICIOUS, and came out fast. They hardly stopped the music and it was all good stuff! We danced and danced and danced. We each had a couple more drinks but both of us were fine by the time it was over. :)

The only part of me that did NOT enjoy this wedding are my FEET...YEOWCH!x( *LOL*

Now that we are home we are going to relax and unwind a bit(I may sneak in a quick work out!}( ) and in a couple of hours we are headed back out the door. We were originally planning on going country dancing tonight but we found out that the couple that got married are having a party in thier hotel room suite tonight so we are heading over there instead to hang out. Should be fun. :)

Well, have a great night peeps.
I'll catch up with y'all in the morning!:)

Hiya girls

We finally went shopping.....better late than never. We got some of the things on our list but everything was so unorganized and busy that we didn't get it all done like we had hoped. I did however, get my new weight bench and weights!:) There were 2 sets left and I nabbed one up. We also got a basketball hoop and backboard for the boys. It's a nice one that we got on clearance for $250. It's a bit pricy and the boys won't be able to use it until spring, but I'm sure they will get lots of calorie buring fun out of it when the snow melts.;-) I wanted to get sis the new Matchbox20 CD but everything was such a mess that I couldn't find it.}(
On the way home we stopped to eat dinner....I got prime rib and DH got a steak. His steak was served raw....he ordered medium rare. My prime rib with au-ju was sloshed all over my lap by our waitress who just walked away.}( }( }( I was wearing my light colored jeans that make me look tall so I'm gonna be some kinda p/o'd if I can't get the stains out. I swear....some people are sooooo clueless. Just a guess here, but I don't think we will be going there again.

Diana - I knew Amanda was on pills to stop the contractions but I must've missed the part where she came home. So is she on complete bedrest then?
I feel your dread factor in not wanting to go Christmas shopping. I was hoping to get it knocked out today....but I should've known better.
I couldn't get that link to work yesterday.:-(
How'd babysitting go?

Cathy - The weekends have that ability to just sneak by don't they?
Great job on that workout. Isn't it cold there? You must not mind a cold run?
Enjoy your event free night. ;-)

Wendy - Your day sounds fun!! Wooooo! A dancing workout.;-)
Have fun with DH tonight....sounds like you might be getting in late.

Well....Cam and I need to get those B-day goodie bags ready for tomorrow. Catch ya all later.

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.