CABS & Abs ---> kickin' off a great '08!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls! :)

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/newyearsmile.gif

Hope you had fun ringin' it in...I slept right on through. :)

I'm in a recovery week until the rotation starts on Monday. Today will be Eion Finn's Magically Hips (yoga), which I received from my Secret Santa over on the cheetah thread. I've heard great things about it and can't wait to try it out.

Initially, I'd planned to do some work today, but I'm feelin' more like a lazy day.

I might take back that BFL book and exchange it for Eating for Life or Training for Life. This one seems more geared to someone who is trying to get off the couch. There are no recipes - just the basics and lots of pump-me-up stuff. I'm going to check out those other two on Amazon and see if they might be better-suited.

I stopped by the mall yesterday to visit T-Mobile for a battery (they don't carry them, of course) and the whole place (that is, the mall) was MOBBED! It really is not safe to venture over there for a few more weeks when people will have spent up the last of their cash and gift cards! :) Unfortunately, re: T-Mobile, I am locked into contract until 3/09 - and it'd cost me $200 per phone to break it. The phone and cable companies are the worst. They really got ya by the ovaries, don't they? Oh well.

Have a GREAT day! Here's to a New Year filled with the best of health and fitness, success in all you do, and much fun and happiness!
[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Holidays_and_Party/happy-new-year-046.GIF

Morning girls

Hey...no hangover this morning! I think it's gonna be a great year. We left mom and dads house about 5 minutes before the new year. I don't really care for the new year rah rah rah, so we just skipped out early. We watched Wild Hogs again just before the new year rang in. Like I said....it's a pretty lame party....but we did get to see some folks that we haven't seen in a while. I really need to make some effort next year to do something DIFFERENT for the new year next year.

Cathy - That stinks about the lost day on the slopes but great that you could bounce back so quickly. I talked to some people at the party last night about skiing up here sometime soon. I hope we do. You got me thinkin' about it now and I'm ready to go! I look like a dork on the slopes b/c I wear my snowmobiling bibs and jacket so I'm no ski bunny.....but since I spend a good amount of time on my butt I'm not really there to impress anyone anyways. *lol*
You cancelled your massage????:eek: It sounds heavenly. Have you had one before?
So you think BFM is too basic? I was kind of afraid of that. I just got a notice from amazon that the Tasco Clean Eating book was sold out from the person I ordered it from....so now I need to go back and re-order it. I'm looking forward to getting the Clean Eating magazine though. I've heard raves about it on the main board...have you ordered that one?
I haven't heard about that Yoga DVD you got. I'd love to hear what you think of it.
Cell phones are a headache aren't they? DH just got another one after the one he had for 4 months died on him. Already the new one has a hard time taking a charge. The cord is positional...just like the other one was. I'm wondering how long this one will last until it is a piece of junk too.

Hi to the rest of you girls!:)

I have absolutely NO idea what I'm gonna do today. DH is off snowmobiling and I'm sitting here with no plan. I guess I'm just going to surf for a while. I've already decided that I can piddle this day away b/c after today things are going to be very busy. I do have a w/o planned and I need to start a good eating plan TODAY!

Later girls

Angie

Hi Ladies,

Hope you all enjoyed a safe and happy NY!! We stayed in and watched movies. DH had a friend over for a bit and we watched The Bourne Ultamatum and then The Rundown. I was in bed and fell fast asleep shortly after 11:30.

I had DS take some pics of me yesterday. I will weigh (scary) and measure today for my starting stats. I will try to post the pics later in my picture trail (locked of course) but I will email you all the password as I'm sure you won't say mean things to me. :) I will weigh myself weekly and take monthly measurements.

I never got around to my errands yesterday so I should try to get those done today.

My workout today will be one of the GS upperbody and a cardio.

I've been off work since Dec 21st and have to go back to work tomorrow. I'm not really looking forward to that at all.

Hope you all have a great day.

Diana

Hi again girls

I have managed to make my bed, put my hair up, and get my exercise clothes on. Whew! LOL I have GS - BSB on the schedule for today. I'll get to it....sometime....after lunch.

Diana - I know how hard it is to put those darned pics up. Kudos to you for doing it. We are all harder on ourselves than anyone else. The pics serve as my biggest motivator.....hope they do for you too!
Looks like GS is todays winner!:)
It's a drag going back to work but at least you'll be back on a schedule. I generally feel and do better when I have my schedule back on track. It's just tough for the first few days.:-(

I'm gonna go and make some lunch and then gotta clean the frig out. I think I'll also make a pot of Chicken noodle soup too.:9

Angie

Hi Again,

You're not gonna believe this, but I tweaked (hurt bad) my lower back putting on my exercise shorts this morning. I could barely move. I managed GS C&T (HEAVY) and also GS Biceps. I was going to GS BSB but there was no way I could lift anything from the hinged position. I also scrapped the cardio.

Interestingly enough, my weight is the same-no Holiday gain. I'm not really sure how that happened but I'm certainly happy about it. I also took my starting measurements and bodyfat.

I went and purchased my yearly rec ctr membership, stopped at Kohl's for some bike shorts but they didn't have them in my sizex( and then went to the grocery store. I picked up plenty of fresh produce and chicken breasts. Tonight I will be cooking my meals for the week, even though it's a short week. It's easier for me to stay on track if I eat pretty much the same thing every day. Boring I know but it works for me.

I have to say this has not been a clean eating day for me. I had 2 pieces of sausage this morning and 2 handfuls of nuts today. I did have a protein shake with strawberries and flax seed after my workout.

Are any of you planning on joining the 12 Week Challenge? I did, but it looks like there are quite a few so it probably won't be as intimate as our little group.

Are any of you following a specific rotation for Jan.? If so, please share. I don't have a rotation per se, but want to do plenty of cardio and heavy weight training. The X doubles rotation would probably work nicely for what my goals are, but I may not always have 2 hours to work out everyday. Another reason the X is tempting is my pics (backside). There is back fat that wasn't there when I finished the X last year. If that's not motivation enough I don't know what is!

I need to go p/u Jerod from a friends house and cook dinner.

I'll check back in a bit.

Diana

Hi girls…

Well, I’m starting off the New Year with a fizzle workout-wise…*lol*…I bagged Magically Hips and SnoozeMaxed my afternoon. Slept for about 3 hours. But for some reason, I feel no guilt about it. This is my recovery, go-with-the-flow week, so that's what I'm doin'. Anyway, don't know what happened to the day. Back to work tomorrow!

Angie :: That’s awesome ~ I hope you get to go skiing soon! Yeah, I cancelled the massage…I try to have them once a month…Usually, I get regular Swedish massages…the hot stone is more expensive and therefore something I do less frequently, but it is THE BOMB! I thought BFL was a little basic, yeah. I took it back today but didn’t buy Eating for Life. There is no such thing as Training for Life (I was mistaken). It seems like most of these books are targeted to the completely sedentary market. I would like to find a fitness book that is geared toward the already-fit. I bought Reno’s Clean Eating last year and promptly took it right back. It contained the same information (verbatim!) as featured in Oxygen’s special issue Clean Eating, which I see is now a monthly magazine on its own. Frankly, I won’t buy anything put out by Oxygen anymore because of that. It seems like anything they publish is just an advertisement for everything else they sell…You are right – we are all our own worst critics when it comes to photos. I know I am. Someone on the cheetah thread said I looked photogenic – I don’t see that AT ALL. I think I have to learn to be kinder to myself.

Di :: So sorry about your back! It is amazing, considering the kind of maniacal workouts we do, how the smallest things can lead to injury. I hope the problem dissippates quickly. WTG on keeping steady at the scale! That is definitely an achievement!…I wouldn’t have minded a few extra days off, either, to tell you the truth, but I am going to FORCE myself to think positively…Absolutely! You know your pics are safe with us…I think I should probably do that, too…I may take the 12-week challenge unofficially as I know I can’t keep up with another thread…My planned rotation is modeled after BFL…I have the back fat, too (ugh) and would love to get rid of it. I still have not ordered P90X+, but I am tempted.

Here is my rotation...I think I might tweak Week 4...Not sure I want to use MM, after all. I am going to try for fasted AM workouts as BFL advocates and will go heavy on the weights.

Week 1 (starting 1/7/08):
M: Yoga/stretch
T: GS BSB + abs on BOSU
W: 20 min. HIIT on the EXT
R: GS CT + abs on BOSU
F: 20 min. HIIT on EXT
S: GS Legs + abs on BOSU
S: run (outdoors if possible) + pullups

Week 2 :
M: Yoga/stretch + abs on BOSU
T: 20 min. HIIT on the EXT
W: PUB (incl. abs on BOSU)
R: 20 min. HIIT on the EXT
F: PLB + abs on BOSU
S: run
S: cardio of choice or rest + pullups

Week 3 :
M: Yoga/stretch
T: CXT back & biceps + abs on BOSU
W: 20 min. HIIT on the EXT
R: CXT C&T + abs on BOSU
F: 20 min. HIIT on EXT
S: CXT legs & shoulders + abs on BOSU
S: run + pullups

Week 4 :
M: Yoga/stretch + abs on BOSU
T: 20 min. HIIT on the EXT
W: MM#1 u/b – 42 min. + abs on BOSU
R: 20 min. HIIT on the EXT
F: MM #3 lower body only + abs on BOSU
S: run
S: cardio of choice or rest + pullups

Evening all

Well....for a day that I was just gonna chill...I ended up being very productive. What's up with that?? I plan on being productive and I am a lazy butt but when I plan on being a lazy butt...I am productive. It's gotta be a mental thing. Geez....am I mental??:eek:

I got the frig cleaned out (threw away some science projects) and cleaned and cut up all my produce for the coming week. Does it feel like Sunday or what? Then I started laundry and dishes. Then I finally tackled GS - BSB and then did CC#1 after that. DH cooked steak for dinner so that was my protein post-workout.:7 I even got my lunch already made and packed for tomorrow.:)

Diana - Yeowch! Hope that back gets better soon. Do you see a chiro?
Glad to hear that you survived the holidays without a gain. I wish I could say that. Sausage isn't clean??? Who knew? LOL But, the nuts pass muster don't they?
I'm following a loose rotation of BFL based on what Gayle posted as the BFL rotation. It looks a lot like the X, so I'm hoping I will get similar results. I too, know that I won't be checking in with the challenge since I just don't have the time to keep up with another thread.

Cathy - I've never gotten the oxygen magazine. So, I guess the clean eating magazine will at least be fresh for me. I'm thinking I might just go to the library and see if they have the clean eating book. I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner. That way if I like it, I can buy and if I don't, it won't cost me anything. I might even look up "skinny bitch" although I am a little afraid of that one since I really have no intention of giving up meat and dairy. I'm thinking I like my little world of denial as far as meat and dairy are concerned.
Your routine looks very similar to mine except I have no Yoga or bosu. My Sundays are my rest days generally, but I just started the rotation today thinking it was the beginning of the week. Hmmmmm...now what am I gonna do?? I'll have to ponder that one. *lol*

The dryer just rang.....time to finish off the laundry. Good night all.

Angie

I posted my pre 12 week challenge pics finally. They are password protected but I will email you all the password. The spring fitness challenge starts mid feb and I hope to be down at least 5lbs by then.

I was toying with the idea of taking a spin class tomorrow morning, but I don't think I can sit on a bike for an hour with my back pain. Yes-it still hurts and its getting worse. I think I must be walking funny or something because now my whole back is hurting.

I also spent the evening cooking up my eggbeaters & peppers, making my oatmeal and I also made 3 salads to take as lunches this week. I add a can of tuna or chicken to them to get my protein.

Cathy-I'm sure you needed the rest post vacation anyway. It always takes me a few days to recover when I travel. Thanks for sharing your rotation. As I've mentioned before, I did lose weight following the BFL program and running almost daily (5-8miles). I hope you get the results you are looking for.

Angie-forgot to mention I rec'd your New Year card yesterday! Thanks so much. I never did superclean the kitchen. I did start on it tonight though. I'm with you, I can't give up my meat and dairy. Although I've had to switch to black coffee as the acne medication I'm on can't be taken with dairy. I didn't think I could drink coffee w/o skim milk in it, but I found out that I can.

Diana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.