Cabs & Abs ---> gobble gobble!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, Cabbies!

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/punkinpiesmiley1.gif

Confession time: I was a bad girl yesterday. I had the whole afternoon and I blew off my workout! I have no idea what the heck is happening to me lately, but Angie, I think the darkness may have something to do w/ my energy levels, too. Well, I’d better just SNAP OUT OF IT!

Wendy :: thanks for clarifying about the pull-ups! I get it now that I can actually keep a foot (or two) *on* the chair.

Angie :: *lol* about being a morning person…I have only read the book in bits and pieces. Why does Tom say that? So you work out early and get your metabolism revved up?…I used to considered Sunday the start of my w/out week but changed it for some reason, and I like it this way now…I am staying local this weekend…my parents host T’giving every year…my mom does the cooking and doesn’t really like anyone being in her hair, but I’ll be doing some assisting. Other than dinner, the only plans I have are to take my BF for a birthday massage (her b’day was last weekend) and head out for drinks Sat. night. I absolutely MUST spend SOME time this weekend doing work, esp. on the certification stuff…FitnessFreak’s Leg Blast rotation for fall/winter 07 does look good.

Laura :: great news about your friend’s progress! Thanks for sharing the update…Hope poor DH is getting rest and feeling better. *lol* about how you have him quarantined…Sounds like quite a feast you’ve got goin’ on over there.

Well, have a happy holiday, everyone, and thanks for bringing daily smiles. I so appreciate our little group here! :* :)

PS...Since I've been slacking, I won't actually post about a workout until I *DO* it. Time for me to stop flaking out here!

Morning Cabbers!

Happy Thanksgiving! GOBBLE GOBBLE! :7

Cathy: I've been tired lately as well. I am attributing it to my non-stop cold but the onset of the cold weather and more darkness could have something to do with it as well. It sucks!x( I am glad you understood my explanation of an assisted pull up. Now go get 'em!}(

I have P90 Masters UML on tap for today before heading to my mom's this afternoon. I've only done it once before and I liked it so I'm excited to do it again. It's all body-weight exercises too so it fits in perfectly!:)

Off to grab more coffee....:9

Wendy :: this time of year can be draining, esp. when you have other stressors going on, I guess...I've fought off a couple of bugs, too...that certainly adds to it. Enjoy your w/out!

I just came in from a 3.13 mile run ~ beautiful weather. Can't think of too many Thanksgivings when I was able to go out and run in shorts! Followed that with some pushups and abs on the BOSU. Love that thing! It doesn't take long to fatigue on it.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Good work out Cathy! Now you can go enjoy the meal that awaits you guilt free. You've earned it!:7

I can't wait to get the bosu DVD I ordered. Once I learn how to use it I will definately add it in to my home made torture circuits I do!}( }( }(

Me, too. Did we both order Amy's hi/lo?

Have you been using it at all?

Edited to fix a typo, so this makes sense!

[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Nope, didn't order Amy's work out. I ordered a work out off fwonline that is all bosu strength work. I looked at Amy's but didn't care for it. Oh well. I haven't used the bosu at all cause I don't want to use it incorrectly so I am just waiting until I get the dvd. :)

Ya know what? I ordered it w/out even previewing. That wasn't too smart. I hope I like it. I have another one - CIA - coming, too.

Do you want me to send you the instructional DVD?

Morning cabbers and Happy Gobble Day!! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Animals/animals-52.gif

I slept in....again. It's what vacation is all about right? I don't have a lot to do today so I thought what's the point in getting up early. I was tempted to get up at 7 b/c I heard DH milling around, but thought, NAH!:p

I have Baron's Yoga on my schedule today but I might sub a pilates workout that Diana sent me instead. I've never done a pilates workout before so I'm eager to give it a shot.

Cathy - Great job in getting that workout done already! You know, we're here whenever you need an extra kick in the butt for your workouts.;-) We love to do some butt kickin' don't we Wendy??
Tom says that you need to be an early riser so that you can get that first meal of 5-6 in for the day. I haven't gotten to the part yet where he gets into the exercise routine, but I would have to bet he's gonna say that am exercise is best as well.
I like the fitness freak rotation too. If I decided to do that one, I'll have to sub for some of the premixes since most of them I have in VHS format. I'll just end up doing the whole workout instead of the premix and add on whatever she calls for.
Awwwwww girl, you are soooo sweet!;-) I am thankful for my cyber friends here as well. You all make me smile. It's just amazing how much we all have in common.
As far as the pull ups go, even if you do them with 2 feet and bent knees, you will still feel it.....you'll just have a to do a few more reps.:7 That's what I do......on some of the wide front pull ups, I can do 24 of them, like at the beginning of B&B (when I'm not already fatigued)....but I use a barstool and my knees aren't completely straight. But let me tell ya......I feel it when I'm done.

Wendy - Today it sounds like you are thankful for Tony.:D Well duh....huh?:p LOL
I cracked up with your post about irritablilty last night.http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-059.gif
Have a great workout!

Hi Laura & Diana & Nancy

Have a great holiday girls!!!!

Angie

Cathy: I am due to get the Bosu dvd I ordered any day now. I will give it a try and if after doing it I am still unsure of form, etc then I will let you know! Thanks so much for the offer!:)

Angie: 25 wide front pull ups!?!? Holy cr@p, girl! You are my hero!!! I think we should give YOU the name "TFH", not me!!!! WTG!!!!
OMG am I thankful for Tony. He is a GOD and my savior and I LOVE him! I just wish I could show him how much! :eek: }( :7 :p LMAO! I used to do pilates and really enjoyed it. I've since sold all of my dvds. Now that I am into yoga there is no way I could find the time to fit BOTH pilates and yoga into my schedule. I have a hard enough time now making time for everything! I found that pilates really helped to flatten my tummy. I know they say you can't spot train but I swear to you my belly only started to flatten out after doing pilates for a while! Wierd, but I'm NOT complaining!:7

So I did UML...LOVE IT! I skipped it's cool down/stretch and did the 6 min yoga section from Sweat 5-6 before finishing up wtih a stretch and all I can say is OMG! I have never done yoga immediately following weight work before...holy cr@p did I feel it! 1000 times tougher to hold upward dog once your upper body is pre-fatigued from another work out! AWESOME!}(

Wow, where did the time go!?!? Seemed like I had so much time to kill and now it's at the point where we will need to leave in like an hour!:eek:

Have a wonderful holiday ladies and I love you all!!!!!:+

Happy TG Ladies,

I brought Jerod to work with me. We've been here since 5:40am. We brought a personal dvd player and I let Jerod bring a couple movies. We watched clerks 2 which I hadn't seen before, but Jerod had. Well, it is not a kids movie-it is full of profanity and sexual inuendos. He also brought X Men 3 and Top Gun (for me).

I've been doing pretty good today but I am starting to get sleepy. I've already had 3 cups of coffee earlier and really didn't want to make more.

We get to leave at noon and then I need to bake the sweet potatoes, make a salad and shower before heading to MIL's for dinner. After dinner, we all peruse the ads and write out our christmas lists. I usually take the kids lists with me on Friday.

Cathy-great job getting that run in early. Now you can enjoy today's meal guilt free! The high here is only 31 degrees today.

Wendy-You too-great job getting your workouts out of the way so early. I agree, pilates is great for flattening the abs.

Angie-It sounds like you have a full day ahead of you. I also liked the 07 leg rotation (fitness freak) but it doesn't have enough cardio for me. I think I'm going with her endurance rotation. I've done it before and I really need the cardio push right now.

Laura-Glad to hear your friend is doing so much better. That is wonderful news. Your TG feast sounds fabulous. Hope DH is feeling better soon.

Have a great day ladies,

Diana

Hello again girls

Well, we're back from dinner.....now I'm hungry again. LOL! We ate at 3 which is one of those weird times for a meal, unless you are eating those 5-6 meals per day. However, I think I had a few more than those 300-350 calories per meal.x( :9 The food was good, but that whole family is soooo redneck.:eek: It's kinda funny to look around. BIL was sitting there with his hair all messed up, leaning back on the couch after eating, with that last button on his shirt unbuttoned so that you got a sneak peak at his belly button.....it is not a sneak peak that you want!! LOL! It's quite hilarious when it happens to OTHER people, but quite draining when it happens to you.;( Plus, my eyes are sore from the smoke.....I HATE that!

I did try that pilates vid and I only got thru about 15 minutes of it before I decided that it was not for me. So, I decided to pop in Barons yoga, which was supposed to be on my adjenda anyways. Well, after that was over, I still only burned about 200 calories and I knew that was just not enough of a burn for today. So, I put in AllStep and did the cardio and a portion of the ab section and stretch. Well about an hour and a half later it was time to get that green bean casserole made and beat feet! I don't know if I'll get GS legs in tomorrow or not, but if I get up early enough, I will. If not, it'll get skipped and I'll have to make up for it later on.

Wendy - the 24 wide front pull ups are only on that w/o when it's the very first exercise and I use full assistance! It does, however, still give me a great burn! My arms are still sore today from B&B that I did yesterday. As far as the pilates, I might try it again on another day since it is a 90 minute workout. I just didn't like the beginning....maybe it gets better towards the end. They hadn't even hit abs yet at that point, so I should probably give it another chance.

Diana - Well at least you're not at work alone. I'm sure Jarod will be great help! ;-)
Ohhhhh....I love Top Gun too!! That and Footloose and Dirty Dancing are probably my absolute favorite 80's flicks! Tom Cruise is just so darned sexy in that one! I wish I hadn't seen him in these interviews where he acts like such a flake. I used to like him so much and now.....I just think he's weird. :-( But dang, he's hot in that movie!!!:7 I'm so torn.:7 :p

I should probably clean some things up so that I don't have an excuse to do something else instead of my w/o tomorrow, but I just don't feel like it. So indecisive today. Oh, well.

Hope you all had or are still having a great Thanksgiving! Good luck to you brave souls who decide to go out and fight the crowds tomorrow. I'll be sleeping while you wressle with other mad shoppers.:p Maybe Saturday I'll suck it up and try to be brave.

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.