Cabs & Abs---> Go, Wendy!! (HM Sunday)

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Hey girls!

Yesterday was quite the day for me. I bought Mario Kart at Target, and it turned out to be a dud. Went back and exchanged it, and the SECOND one turned out to be defective, too. Arrived to the chiro only to realize my tire was going flat. I made it up the road to my mechanic and need a new tire. There’s a nail in it, and it tore through the sidewall. He recommended I replace both rear tires since they were the originals, but he has to order them, so my wheels are in the shop til Monday. It only gets better. Went out for my scheduled long run but evidently wore the *wrong* shorts and ended up with an intense chafing issue that prompted me to cut it short by a mile. Can you say F-I-I-I-R-E!
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_207396_a.gif

I just had to laugh. What a day! *lol*

Wendy ~ ha! I thought the same thing. We didn’t do any real harm (I mean, it’s not like we tried to make away with any food or anything that wasn’t ours), but I do feel a little bad about it. Good luck today in your half! I’m pulling for clear skies and a speedy finish. Go, cheetah, go!!! :7 :7 :7

Angie ~ Wow, lotta mushrooms!...Glad you’re still ridin’ the RT high. I think it’s terrific that Cathe was willing to offer two this year…Don’t know about the Polar…I have not had to replace my battery yet…I do like a *bit* of spice. Will have to check that one out…Yeah, you’re right – it is like old-school “pen pals.” I had a couple as a kid, but I never did meet any of them or keep in touch. My mom became really good friends with her childhood pen pal, though. After she (mom) escaped East Germany, she was in a refugee camp for a few weeks but ultimately went to live with her pen pal for awhile as that was her only contact in the West…I pre-ordered the Wii Fit...Wound up ordering Mario Kart through Amazon after yesterday’s Target debacle…The airport will not be a problem at all so long as I’m not working. I should know the committee schedule before the end of the school year. One week has been determined so far, and it’s the one immediately after school lets out in June. I responded to your post over on the RT forum, too. The earlier you can arrive, the better. Philly can be notoriously slow with baggage claim (once in awhile, they surprise you), so it’d be best if you are Jersey-bound by 3ish. Later than that, and you start to hit rush hour traffic.

Di ~ how did Jerod’s team do? See ^^^ post to Angie re: arrival times.

Hi Heather! Nice to see ya. :)

Still can't get my sleep patterns back on track. Been up since 3 again. Oh well. Have yoga & 4DS Ba&Bi on tap for today. Might plug is some cardio, too. Will see what the weather's doin'. Lesson plans, grading, and the usual Sunday routine, too.

Have a fab one!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good Morning girls

I just had my cheerios and am sippin on some coffee and then I need to get my butt in gear. I slept in til 10:15.http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Sleepy/sleep-012.gif Ahhhhhhh After I type this I need to get dressed, put the hair up, and go find some more fungus. Sounds fun doesn't it? *lol*
I'm hoping to squeeze a workout in there after we get back. I can't spend as much time out there today since we do have some stuff to get done when we get home. I've got another safety meeting tomorrow at 6am and I need to get some paperwork done and make some snacks for that.

Cathy - Oh girl, I FEEL your pain on the chaffing - at least I did a couple of weeks ago. That is painful! I love the fireman! That pretty much says it all.:-(
I can't believe your luck yesterday. Geez - can't a girl catch a break?? On the bright side, at least you noticed the tire and didn't get stranded somewhere or worse yet had a blowout. That could've been really bad! That is so weird on the Mario game. Wonder what the heck was up with that? At first I thought you meant that you didn't like the game. I have yet to play it, but the boys have been driving almost all weekend. I hope you get it quickly. It'll make your day when it arrives in the mail.
Hopefully you got your "Monday" out of the way for the week.;-)
Thanks for the info. regarding the plane. It looks like my in and outbound flight times will work nicely.:) I'll have to leave the breakfast a bit early but at least I'll be able to get home by 8pm or so, so that will work for me. That gives me 3 days to catch everything up at work, unpack, and repack for the nascar race that we will be going to the following Thursday morning. Whew! Those are going to be a busy but FUN couple of weeks!

Wendy - I'll bet you are running your heart out right now. Sending some extra endorphins your way. Go Wendy Go!!

Hi Heather - hope we hear from you again.:)

Hi Di & Laura!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/others-012.gif

Off to find some fungus......No, I'm not cleaning:eek: Have a teriffic Sunday girls.

Hey, Ange! :)

Guess it's just you and me today.

Nice that you were able to sleep in. How's the fungus hunt? Yeah, I haven't had a chafing issue in AGES. I'd forgotten about those dreaded shorts. They're history now...Ha ha, you're right! I *did* get my Monday outta the way already :7...I think Target just got a bad batch of Mario Karts. They told me a few others were returned as well. It does look fun...I noticed someone else posted about shore traffic on Fridays in the summer, which is true. Traffic does tend to pick up even earlier. If your flight lands at 1, that would put us in good time...ooh, that's gonna be a busy time for you!

Well, I did Magically Hips this afternoon, which felt really good on the hips (surprise :7) but even with some modifications, my low back is still smartin'. So, I am opting NOT to do 4DS B&B, after all. It just doesn't feel wise. As soon as I get myself prepped clotheswise for work tomorrow, I'll apply more heat. Better try to wear some conservative shoes tomorrow.

We never did get that storm here. It was gorgeous all day!

Hi to anyone else if you drop in later. Catch up in the AM!

Edited to fix a typo.

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Hey Cathy - We didn't do as well shrooming today as yesterday. It was beautiful and sunny all day today and yesterday was overcast all day. I can obviously see them better when it's not sunny out. Next weekend should be peak season for the shrooms.;-)
How weird about the bad batch of Mario Karts. Poo.:-(
I think I'm going to go ahead and book next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather is good.
Magically hips? Is that a KB workout or something else? Good that you don't push it. Hope your back feels fine tomorrow.

I went for a run today after we got back home from mushroom hunting. I think I went about 3-4 miles. I forgot my pepper spray and a stupid dog looked like he was ready to run me down so I turned around and went a different way. I hate it when folks don't tie up their dogs! The bodyglide is a godsend! Thank you girls for the tip. I hope my quads aren't killin me again tomorrow b/c phase 2 of the X starts too.

I've got an early meeting in the morning, so I'm gonna jet to bed. Have a great evening girls.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.