CABs & Abs ==> Tuesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, girls!

This morning called for GS BSB, but I decided to do the u/b BFL-style: two exercises per body part, 5 sets, pyramid style. I only had time for BS & B and am unsure if I will do C&T later tonight or save it for Thursday. I missed lifting to a DVD and think I'm better off sticking with that original plan. I did do the workout fasted and am waiting the full hour to eat b'fast, which'll be a BSN Lean Dessert shake.

I don't know if what I'm doing is half-assed b/c I'm sort of trying to follow BFL principles (6 meals, balance of protein & carbs, slightly-tweaked exercise program), but yet I'm still counting WW points. Guess I'll see how it works out and make changes as needed.

Wendy :: I'm going to look at my rotation later on tonight and tweak it so that I can include some of the new X+ workouts. I don't have a long attention span for previewing, either. *lol*

Angie :: I had my palm read once on the boardwalk when I was 15 or 16, but generally, I don't do that kind of stuff. Was gonna go along just for toots n' grins. :) This month's page of the calendar is wordless, but the sight of Ziggy alone is worth the warm fuzzies. :) Glad the funds came in and you can take care o' the bills now!

OK, I gotta jet...Have a kick-butt Tuesday, ladies! Will BBL...

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Good Morning Cabbers!:)

I have cardio on tap for today. I wanted to run but I went to bed too late last night to get out of bed early enough to run before work. I thought about pushing training my BF back an hour in order to be able to hit the gym first but I decided just to nixx it. I'll live doing cardio at home. I plan to hit the gym on thursday for a run. :p Not sure what cardio I'll do though...too many darned choices! LOL

Cathy: Good luck with the BFL thing. I don't think you are doing it "half-assed". I think you are making it work for you.
I have an "Eating for Life" book. I think it's by the same guy. This book is what introduced to me to the 6 mini-meals w/protein and carbs. I started eating like this when I was preggo and haven't stopped since! I really like it. That being said, I've checked out the exercise program as it was briefly included in the book as well but it never appealed to me so I never tried it. After seeing Gayle's results though I gotta wonder if I should bite the bullet and give it a go one day! Can't wait to see how it works for you!:)

BBL!

Morning girlz

I was sooooo tempted to stay in bed this morning but decided to get my DOMS achin' body up and movin. It's a good thing I did too....I yelped at the boys to get their buns out to the bus and they ALMOST missed it.:eek: That would not have made me a happy camper!}( They know not to mess with mama before coffee. I know they would have missed it had I not been up and barking at them.:7
Is it me or is it uber hard to get up and goin' when the body is sore??;-)
I'm trying to pre-plan my meals a bit better. I went grocery shopping yesterday and boneless, skinless chicken breast was on sale so I bought a bunch. Now I have a frig full of fresh chicken, cow and pork, and of coarse all that salmon I bought a while back. So, I'm making a list of my favorite protein choices so I can plug them into my meals.....what am I forgetting???

skim milk
kidney beans
boiled egg whites
yogurt
chicken/turkey/fish
tuna
string cheese
non-fat cottage cheese
protein drink/bar
lean red meat

I've omitted legumes, lentils, and tofu b/c these are not part of my regular diet...maybe they should be....but I just haven't gone there yet for whatever reason.

Wendy - My, you were up late last night. I'm sure you'll get a butt kickin cardio in regardless.
If you ever need anything copied and sent from the origianl X plan, just let me know. I can copy and send whatever you may need. If I was more computer savvy, I would scan and email....but I'm not. :(

Cathy - The beauty of trying something new is that you just never know how it will work for ya and that's the excitement of trying it. I think it looks like a solid plan to me.
Were you able to track your X+ package off the email BB sent you? I tried again this morning and the UPS tracker won't work. If I remember correctly, it wouldn't work right when I ordered the X either. What the heck am I doing wrong??

Hi Laura and Diana!:)

Oh, here's something else that I thought might interest you girls. Here's a tid bit I got off my sparkpeople discussion board. It's called Max-OT and it's free. I signed up but haven't really gone thru the whole program.....OK....I've only looked closely at the first week and haven't DONE any of it.:-( x( As Wendy said....sooooooo many workouts and sooooooo many plans and decisions. Basically, it says you should only be doing 4 reps of HEAVY weights and doing only 30 minutes per day. Hmmmmmmmmm. Just FYI, I have not gotten any spam or emails since signing up either. At least, not that I know of, since I already get a ton of it.:-( But, I have not noticed any change in the volume of it or anything specifically from Max-OT.

I gotta go and get some cupboards cleaned out. Later girls

Angie

Morning Ladies ..

well the FIRST of the year NY resolution crowd packed my class last night .. OMG it was soooooo crowded and ssoooooooooo LOUD!!x( .. and most of them performed as if they had NEVER taken step .. had to REALLY dumb down the cardio segments!!x( x( did not get the MAX workout like I wanted .. and was totally stressed out b/c of the confusion and noise and chitter chatter .. aahhhhh ... I will be nice this first week as to not hurt any feelings .. but next week the gloves come off and it is gonna be catch up or fall behind!!x(

When I left I was drenched in sweat (heat from so many bodies mainly) .. my face was red (b/c of the high stress and frustration) .. and my nerves were shot!! So instead of me feeling like I got a great workout .. I felt more like I left a war zone!x(

So change of plans .. doing core/plank/plyo torture tonight - easy to follow .. HARD to do .. that should weed out the serious ones really quick w/o embarrassment!!

Angie - I saw all the devestating tornados on the news .. did you have any touch down near you?? I hope not!! Tornados scare me to death .. they come so quickly and pick and choose so randomly!!

Wendy - you got the X+!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYA I know you are excited .. after last nights fiasco I can't wait to get mine so I can do parts at lunch in addition to my class .. to make up for what I am loosing in my classes!!

Cathy - the psyhic dinner sounds fun .. I would have gone just out of curiosity! LOL .. Ii do beleive there are psychic people but if I were going to put any faith in them I would have to do my homework .. but for fun .. what the heck .. could be a hoot!!

Di - hope the truck is all fixed up .. and your back too!! I guess w/you back to exercising your back must be ok!! Hope it is ..don't want to re-injure yourself!!

OK girlies .. gotta run .. getting the hair done at lunch (again missing my extra workout) .. then have got to re-do all my files for the new year .. aaahhhh .. going to be a PIA!!! Tonight is back to the war zone .. but coming tonight w/a full stock of workout amo!! LOL

have a great one!! will BBL to see what all you are up to!
:7

Hi Ladies,

I left work early to take DS to the dentist and had time for Step Works yesterday afternoon. So I did Imax 2 am, and Step Works pm-it felt so great to get my 2nd w/o in. Too bad I can't leave work early everyday!

The rotation called for bootcamp but I lent that dvd to a friend so I did HSC instead. I usually opt for HST, but HSC really keeps you movin'. I had to hit pause a couple times to get my equipment ready, take a drink of water or just catch my breath. It was a fun w/o this morning.

I haven't received a shipping notice from beach body yet. I ordered it on Jan 5th.

BTW-I'm pretty sure we are getting the EXT!!!! DH's truck is still in the shop but we should get it back today. The battery kept dying on him and they said it was due to a bad radio. The radio was drawing the battery even when it wasn't on. They also said that audio isn't covered under the extended warranty. We've had this vehicle for less than 30 days so I think the dealership should cover whatever the cost. It was obviously a problem when DH bought it.

Cathy-I think it can be hard when trying to follow different nutrition plans. I try to follow ww, I've been using the core plan (but still measuring my food). I do like the BFL weight rotation and actually the pyramid w/o would fit this type of training.

Wendy-I wish I could get by with as little cardio as you do. Unfortunately, I need lots of cardio. I think you should do Imax 2 today-its a fun one.

Angie-Good thing you got those boys movin' this morning! I'm going to check out MAX OT. I think I've heard of this before as it sounds very familiar.

Laura-WW is full first of the year too. I've had to weight in a long line and miss the meeting because of all the newbies. I think you should do your kicka$$ class and let the newbies know what it's all about. That weed out the less serious folks!

Look at the time....I gotta get showered and off to work.

Have a great day ladies.

Diana

I'm back for a short break after tackling some cupboards and doing laundry and dishes but still have a ton to do....x( I have junk mail to go thru and files that need organized but am not sure that I will get to that today. With all this spring weather I feel like I need to do the spring cleaning. ;(

Laura - No tornadoes up by us. I'm not sure if they got it down state or not. Of coarse, they are calling for lots of flooding too since the ground is froze and all the snow is melting along with the rain. I don't know how our river property is doing....but at least there's nothing on it to ruin except for some pine trees that I want to "go away" anyways. I want to get rid of them slowly and replace them with maple trees.:)
I'm sure you'll have no problem weeding out the folks that are there for an easy workout.;) Go get em'!

Diana - Good luck with the dealership. Have you spoke with them yet about paying for the problem? Glad you'll get it back soon so you can get that EXT home!!;) Cameron actually did a cardio-coach #3 last night. I've not even done that one yet but it's on my schedule for today along with AR200.
2 Cathe cardios in one day?? Wow!! You rock!
Max-OT actually does not like pyramid style weight work. It's not much on endurance style weight work at all. Personally, I think there's room in my routine for super heavy AND endurance style weights. But.....I haven't truly given Max-OT a try yet....am planning to do that sometime but not exactly sure when. I like the routine I'm currently on so Max-OT will have to wait. I signed up over a month ago and haven't spent too much time looking thru all the information just yet. I'm thinking I could probably do this with my P90X DVD's.....just go way heavier with my weights with lots less reps.

I've got some paperwork calling my name....ugh! I hate doing paperwork at home.

Angie

Hey Angie ..

Great news on the NO tornados!! Some parts of MI and Wisconsin really got hit hard!! we have that heat today .. the high of 78 today .. compared to teh high of 32 last week .. BIG difference!

I meant to tell you .. I checkd out your picture trail of your latest picture in the bathing suit!! WOW .. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA on your progress .. your workouts are really paying off! Way to go girl!!:7

Hey Laura

Blushing.....thanks for the kind words! I'm still a work in progress but if I can get even half the results I did in 2007 this year I will truly be a happy camper.:) I bet I'd get those results if I was close enough to take your torture classes!!!
So, have you told SIL about your P90X+ purchase?? LOL!
I can't imagine what summer must be like for you if you are gettin 78 degree temps in January. It's raining like crazy here today.....supposed to finally turn to snow tomorrow.

I just got off the phone with Dell. Remember last spring when my Inspiron laptop encountered a fatal error....I took it in to the local shop here and they said it was a motherboard problem.....said it would cost lots to replace. Well, I got a service agreement renewal in the mail from Dell which confused the heck outta me since I did not think I had a service agreement. I thought, heck I might as well follow up and call and see what I can get them to do. Well, it sounds like they might just fix this stupid laptop. I hope I'm not wasting my time here but it will be worth it if I can get the old laptop fixed. Then, I can just give that one to mom instead of her having to spend about $500 for a new one.:) Dell wanted to talk me into renewing my service contract today....*lol*....I told them "let's see how you fix this problem first, then I'll decide if I want to renew for $108." ;-) I'm waiting for them to call me back.....but I'm not holding my breath.

Angie

Hey, everyone!

Wendy :: Thanks for sharing your personal experience with EFL. Good to hear…After returning the BFL book, I wound up buying EFL as well as BFL for Women, both of which I skimmed last night…Thought of you while in the grocery store today as I picked up some Luna Bars. I *think* that is the bar you were talking about not long ago, correct? I was reading in BFL about which ones were best, and they were rated tops. Oh wait, no, I think you bought LARA Bars...? DOH!...So which cardio did you opt for today?

Angie :: looks like a pretty good list of protein sources to me…I would have to add my peanut butter, too…Absolutely, you are right -- this is an experiment…BUT I have to admit I'm not so much liking the fact that today I’ve adhered to BFL nutrition, and I am already over my points BEFORE dinner!! Here’s what I ate:

B: protein shake (1 hour after w/out)
S: two hard-boiled eggs and an orange
L: PB&J on whole wheat, 1 pack of 100-calorie Ritz snack mix pack, ½ cup baby carrots
S: 4 oz. low-fat cottage cheese mixed with 8 oz. of fat-free black cherry yogurt

I think I have to just “let go” of the points for a bit and see what happens on this system…Yes, I was able to track my package through the BB email. I just cut & pasted the tracking # into the UPS site…Is Max-OT strictly a workout program?…Hope you can blitz through that paperwork…Fingers crossed Dell fixes the issue for you.

Laura :: sorry y’day’s w/out didn’t quite scratch the itch for ya…darn rookies!…Yeah, that’s pretty much what I had in mind: going along for the hell of it. Just wasn’t feelin’ up for a marathon day yesterday. (The restaurant was near my work, which is not near my house, so it would have made for a long day.)…I went to bed fairly early and will likely do the same tonight, put my sinuses out of their misery. :) Have fun whoopin’ some newbie butt!

Di :: nice job bangin’ out two w/outs!…I am SOOO happy for you getting an EXT!!!…I am doing the flex plan, but I can see there will be a conflict with EFL…That stinks about the audio not being covered…IA the dealership should man up on this one.

OK, Cabber babes, I'm off! Have a great night!

Hey Girls!

Quick hit before I have to hop in the shower and head out to train the troops!:7

I did Plyo X today. }(

Cathy: Yes, it was LARA bars that I was talking about. In fact, I just got 2 more boxes today! Banana cookie and Apple pie flavors. I just ate a banana one and it was YUMMY!:9

K, gtg for now. Hope to be able to pop back in later!

Toodles!:)

Hey Cathy -

The Max-OT prgram question.....I can't really answer since I have not really looked into it very far.:( I do want to give it a shot though so maybe sometime in my near future I will do that. I did read the intro a while back (which I have pretty much forgotten) and I know it is broken down into 12 weeks with a weekly article to read on each of those weeks. I really don't know much more but I will be looking into it in more detail sometime soon I hope.
Your nutrition looks good to me...except I'd probably skip the yolks in the boiled eggs....I don't like the yolk part on boiled eggs anyways. IA that maybe dropping the WW plan for a while might be worth trying.

After being on the phone with a Jethro from the Phillipines for 3-4 hours today, I should be receiving a box from Dell to send my laptop back.:) He said they will probably have to change the motherboard (duh!) and reinstall a new operating system. Sooooooo maybe it was time well spent....if I get this old laptop working after all.

Hey I also got the + today!!!:) I did the core section which was 21 minutes in length. It was allright but I think ARX is more exhaustive. Maybe I'll change my mind once I get into this one and get my form down where it should be. The power tower is nice to be able to use the other side of it to hoist myself up and use the back pad and do the exercises they use the pull up bar for. After that I tackled CC#3 which was a shorter CC w/o so it all worked out well.

I'm off to go to Mark's aunt and uncles house for dinner. I'm hungry!!!!:9 I'm sure it will be great. Catch ya all later....

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.