CABs and Abs - *thankful it's almost Friday* Thursday

angie_nrs

Cathlete
Morning Cabbers

I'm just getting us started this morning since I was the lagger of the group last night. So, who's been brave and have gone shopping post-Christmas? I'm trying to get up the nerve to do that today. Still trying to decide....I haven't had my coffee yet so I'll see if I feel up to it after downing a few cups.

I did Gin's Intense Moves yesterday with Great Body Abs and today I think I have Supersets...I'll let you know when I get it done. I like IM b/c I think it is a nice hybrid of HIIT and Interval. I always manage to get my HR up there on that one and I feel like I am able to put more and more into it each time.:)

Have a great day ladies.

Angie

Mornin' Girls,

The snow is really comin' down now. We're supposed to get 4-8 inches today. I wouldn't mind except my son has a dentist appt this afternoon and I don't want to drive in this mess. It would be a great day to stay inside, take down the tree and put everything away.

DH and I are going to the hockey game tonight (colorado avs vs. detroit redwings). It should be a great game.

My only workout yesterday was shoveling the snow.x( Oh, and also fighting the crowds at Target! I picked up some xmas paper and ribbon at 50% off. I would've picked up more stuff but the aisles were just too crowded.

My plan for today is MIS and a cardio tbd. It's also time to clean up my eating. It wasn't terrible, but I did overeat on xmas day and had way to much junk. This morning I've had 1/2 C fiber one, 1 scoop protein powder, and 1/2 C skim milk. I'm off to a good start.

I'm thinking of ordering Amy Bento's slo-mo and all pump xtreme? Angie-was it you who didn't like slo-mo? If you don't want it would you be interested in selling it to me?

Angie-Be sure to wear your armor if you're going shopping. Other than the Christmas aisle, the rest of the store was fine.

Wendy-what are you up to post xmas? When do you go back to training your friends? Did Joey get everything he wanted and more?

Laura-What are you up to? Do have a few days off work or did you have to go straight back to the asylum?

I think I'll have the kids help me take down the tree and put stuff away. We still have plenty of gifts laying around the house that need to be put away.

Have a great day ladies,

Diana

RE: CABs and Abs - *thankful it's almost Friday* Thursd...

Hi Girls.

I have been hangin' around the house in my PJ's all morning but I've been productive. I did a total re-organization/clean up of DS' toys. I threw some stuff out and arranged what was left. Most of his stuff is now upstairs in his room where it used to be in his toybox in the living room. Now there's only a few things in the toybox. The toys upstairs will be brought down one at a time and returned to his room before he can choose another to play with. This is the PLAN anyway!:p

I was going to do a pretty laid back work out today of SSE's cardio sculpt and some yoga but I went and attacked a block of sharp provolone cheese earlier and ate waaay too much of it. It was yummy as heck but now I need to combat both the physical and mental effects of that yumminess with some cardio! As a result, I'll probably do SSE's cardio sculpt plus 30 mins of extra cardio-perhaps 4DS BC!}( I am hoping the rest of my week will look like this:

F: Run A.M. + Yoga P.M.
S: Core Synergistics
S-T: Will be away in Atlantic City but hoping to get an outdoor run on the boardwalk in while I'm gone.}(

I have some mellow DOMS in my backside from y'day's work out. I'm happy.

Angie: Thanks for getting us started this morning. So have you decided to brave the crowds?

Diana: Enjoy the game tonight. Sorry about the snow. We haven't had much in the way of the white stuff so far this year but often times we don't get it until Jan-Mar so who knows what awaits me!:eek:
So what cardio did you end up doing? Funny you should ask about training b/c my BF just emailed me and asked if we can start up again next week! LOL I'd say Joey got what he asked for (and more) for Christmas. We still have to celebrate with my inlaws though so he's not done yet!!!!}(

BBL!

Hello Ladies ..

eeewwww .. NOOOOOOO post Christmas shopping for this girl .. the Christmas rush about did me in .. this girl can't take the POST Christmas crowds ..LOL! .. yes I am a whimp!

Diana- yes I am back at the asylum .. and waaaaaaaaayyyyyy short handed .. BUT like Angie mentioned yesterday .. the BEST thing about it .. is I do NOT have to deal w/the PIA .. and it has been NICE! I will be spoiled by the time she comes back! LOL .. hey .. got your card .. your sweet!! Hope you got mine .. it was not a good as the past years but it was OK .. I thought my babies were cute anyway .. LOL!!!

Angie - getting the tree and all my Christmas stuff down is my goal for Friday night!!:) DH will be working .. and out of my hair!! THEN SATURDAY I WILL be working out .. maybe even TWICE!! LOL got some major making up to do ..

Ok . Hello to Wendy .. and I think Cathy should be on the slopes right?? Man I bet she is having a ball!

Tonight I have VBF POST Christmas party .. and again my friend w/cancer should be there to see everyone .. VBF is going to pick her up .. and another friend will take her home .. will be sure to take some pics and post them later .. I am so glad I have gotten to see her and visit w/her and she is doing so well!! Keep those prayers going for her!!:)

OK .. getting a pedi at lunch .. in VERY bad need of one .. caught DH looking at them last night .. LOL!!

Have a great one and I will be back later to check in w/you girls!:7

Hi there Laura! Glad you won some money! I am going to a/c this weekend so can you please pass some of your luck MY way now? ;) It's so awesome to hear that your friend with cancer is doing well. That's wonderful. I hope her condition continues to improve! :) Sorry about your ugly toes! I'm sure they will look lovely once the pedi is done!:7

So I just finished my work out. I was all over the board today. I mish/moshed away once again with...

Bosu Reactive Power and Strength warm up and upper body work.
SSE Cardio Sculpt skipping the cool down.
CTX Kickbox Arm Drills only.
Get Ripped 1000 Cardio only.
CTX Kickbox Stretch.

It was a good high rep/light weight upper body burner with some cardio thrown in to ease the cheese guilt I have!:p

I am considering getting the yoga done tonight once DS is sleeping but that's far from set in stone so we'll see if I'm in the mood or not.

BBL!:)

Hey girlies,

I ended up doing MIS and 4DS kickbox & bootcamp. I went really heavy with MIS, 60lb barbell for legs, 50lb barbell for chest and back, matched cathe for shoulders and biceps and 40lb barbell for triceps. I'm not a big fan of the 4DS cardio cuz they're so short. The two together were pretty good but I only burned 420 cals which isn't much for an hour cardio session. Next time I think I'll do 2 CTX cardio w/o's and see what the calorie burn is on those.

We have about 6 inches of snow and it's still snowing. I'll be getting a shoveling w/o tomorrow. We have a 3 car garage and an extra side, so our driveway is 4 1/2 cars wide and takes forever to shovel. The boys will definitely be helping with that.

I braved my way to Zach's dentist appt. The roads are pretty nasty but we didn't have too much trouble.

Laura-Sorry you had to go back to the asylum. I too need to take the tree and decorations down tomorrow. We also have gifts everywhere and need to do general clean up and put away. That alone would make a huge difference.

Wendy-Great mish-mosh, as always. I bought a core disc with some of my xmas money. It came with a 30 min dvd that I want to take a look at tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think.

Cathy-hope you made it up to the slopes safely and are enjoying the fresh powder. I hope it's not too cold to enjoy skiing.

Angie-What are you up to missy?

Diana

Hiya all

After much consideration, I decided to go ahead and brave the crowds and take some stuff back. I took back the things that I needed to and exchanged them for the right sizes.:) The crowds actually weren't too bad but there wasn't too many deals to be found either. I got a few things but nothing major.

After I got home I decided to do CC#6 with Candace. I heard that one was tough and I was in the mood for a good cardio instead of doing Supersets. Maybe I'll do SS tomorrow. CC#6 took my breath away a few times. It was intense and burned 540 calories. Those workouts make me feel human again!!

Diana - A hockey game?? You lucky duck. Go Redwings!!!
I didn't like the premix I did on Slo-Mo.....I haven't tried the segments seperately yet though. I'm hoping I like those better. If I don't you're welcome to it, but I just don't know when I'll be trying those out. I'm kinda on a cardio kick right now but I've gotta get some muscle segments in my routine soon.
We'll take your snow! Actually some should be heading our way this next week. It seems like we always get a storm on New Years. I hope this year is no different.
Your cals. might have been low today, but with MIS I'll bet your burned more than you realize....hopefully the hungries won't hit you at the game. When I do weights, I always get so hungry in the evenings.:-(

Wendy - Yah on getting those toys organized.;-) Good luck keeping them that way. *lol*
Have fun in AC this weekend. Hope you come back a lucky winner!
So you still have one more Christmas? Is that what you're heading to AC for?
You did quite a mish mosh! LOL about the cheese guilt.

Laura - I need to get my x-mas stuff put away too. Tomorrow I'm hoping to not leave the house but get all the Christmas stuff put away and get the laundry done. I haven't been around to clean the house all week...ug!
Your pedi story reminded me of a funny that DH pulled on his brother at the Christmas party. His brother fell asleep on the couch after dinner and DH painted his fingernails with pink nail polish while he was sleeping.:7 BIL was NOT impressed when he woke up. *lol* Yes, my DH is a trouble maker.

Have a great night girls.

Angie

Diana: Let me know how you like the core disc dvd. I think Lauramax has a core disc and really likes it. I'm not sure how it works though. I thought about doing 4DS bootcamp cardio today but opted for something shorter once I started going mish/mosh crazy this afternoon!:7

Angie: Cheese guilt is a terrible thing, Ang. :p It will be gone by tmrw though as I am going to the gym for a run. Running takes away ANY food guilt I may have. I love it!:) Sorry you didn't find any great deals today but atleast the crowds weren't bad. I only went to Walgreens so I have no idea what shopping was like around my neck o' the woods. I have some gift card shopping to do but refuse to hit the stores until the post-Christmas fury has ended. I won't even chance it. No patience for that! LOL

Well, I'm opting out of yoga for tonight. No biggie. I had originally planned it for tmrw at nap time anyway.

Have a good night ladies and I'll see ya in the morning!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.