C&T Thursday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!!)

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning C&T girls,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry I didn't come around yesterday. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and had a really rough day. Was too sore to work out and was annoyed by the housing mess in Tucson (where we still own a house) and I just got myself so worked up about it.

Anyway, Ryan always saves the day with a baguette, brie, and a bottle of champagne. Have I mentioned how much I love my husband?

So, today is better. Didn't get up early to WO (remember the Champagne part?) but just busted out CCC and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It is by far my favorite of the SC so far. I just thought it was awesome.

Off to make my protein shake and then shower and pick up the girls for lunch. This afternoon is study-max. I'll drop in when I can.

Morning Angie! Sorry for the rough day yesterday - me too - but let's commit to making today better, ok? Thank you for the birthday wishes here and on FB!

Gotta work my legs, bbiab...........

HAPPY
BIRTHDAY
KATIE

Hope you have a fabulous day!!!

Angie, Sorry for your fun yesterday - been there for sure! Glad Ryan helped you out!:D
Guess I need to do CCC again!

Katie, Any big plans for tonight?

Clintonya, How are you feeling today?

DrBecky, Glad you got some extra sleep! Enjoy that Golden Weekend coming up! Reminds me of the Charlie & the Chocolate Factory "I've got a Golden Ticket!":p

-
2-hour delay! High winds/freezing out! I love inclement weather! :p
That said...no errands today. Don't want to take Julia out in this. It sounds NASTY out there!

OK, my thighs are still burning from Pure Barre on SUNDAY! That WO is pure genius! :eek::eek:

Need to do GS chest, cardio & stretching today.

Happy Birthday to Ya..happy birthday Katie!

Katie are you going to work today?

Angie sorry about the housing mess. It's going to take a while for this country to turn around. Good workout today!

Kate we are suppose to get hit with that storm tonight. I hate ice.
I want summer:eek:

I did a little stretching for my shoulder and I hope it doesn't act up today at work. I'll take it easy.

bbl

Happy Birthday Katie !!!!
What are your plans ??

Angie- sorry your day was like that, but what a dh you have to save the day !:) Points for him !

Kate- what is pure barre ?

Robin- hopefully your shoulder "behaves" today!

Cardio today and abs. Not sure what I'm doing. The rotation calls for AS but I did that Tuesday.... so I''ll sub something else.
Oh Angie- how I wish I was as excited about CCC as you!!!:(

DD slept almost all day yesterday but seems a little better today. I hope she doesn't share the germs!!;)

Oh Dr. Becky- glad you got some much needed sleep ? Did your little one sleep all night for you ??

bbl.........
Becky

happy birthday katie!!! celebrate lots and lots!

angie, sorry for the day yday. i totally aggree about ccc - one of my faves.

becky, have you tried any of the premixes frm ccc? also, what yoga dvds do you recommend? i am going to try to get into it, but i do not know where to start.

robin, hope your storm is not too bad.

kate, yeah for doms. i remember a long time ago you mentioned an athletic stretch wo. what is it?

nice 9miler this am. double wave of b and t planned for later. busy day. need another day of c and t eating. i feel so much less hormonal. bbl

Becky instead of As why not sub it with Low Max or another oldie but goodie. Thanks for the OD question.

DrBecky...can you get met a job where you work;). Enjoy your Golden Weekend.

Nina I'm glad you are feeling better and nice run today.

My weight is back to normal. I may end up going to PT.

b-egg white taco and turkey sausage
l-left over chicken and rice
s-?
d-???

Last edited:
Morning again ladies! Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

We do get a day off of work for our birthday, but I opted to take mine tomorrow;) So today is my Friday!

Tonight we will go out to dinner - my mom is coming and will be here when I get home from work. I haven't decided what I want to eat or where I want to go.

Tomorrow my mom and Collin and I will stay home and have a lazy day. I will make my cake (yes, my own bday cake, and I wouldn't have it any other way!), and we are going to formal tea in the afternoon.

Workout was Legs. Eats will be AWFUL - I was just given a donut with a bday candle in it for breakfast, I am sure there will be a cake for me at work, on lunch I am going to a baby shower with pizza, cake, and ice cream....:eek: Pray for me!

Robin, Good luck w/ the shoulder!
I'm ready for nice weather too - this winter has been weird. We haven't had good weather for sledding or snowmen.:(

Becky, Pure Barre - you can look it up on Amazon or I think Total Fitness. It uses teeny tiny pulses that burn that shikaka out of your legs. I honestly can't remember a time when my thighs and quads have ever hurt like this. I am really hurting.

Nina, Athletes Intense Stretch is a Classical Stretch WO and it is soooo good! May need to do that today.
Glad you're feeling back to yourself again! Your runs always amaze me!

Katie, Nice plan on your day off to get a long weekend! Enjoy your day today - keep those eats PC and the few treats you have won't cause any harm!

-
Just finished 40 min of Leslie Sansone. Will hit weights and stretching later.

I am soooo happy Gina gets to sleep in today!!!!

OMG I did Pyramid Hiit and LOVED it !!!!!!!!!!!:eek::D:D:D:D

I am SO excited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved that it FLEW by , I loved the moves, I loved that I had enough room to do everything and loved that there was ZERO equipment to be dragged out and set up during your "break" !

I guess I will just have to find a premix I like for the others, and CCC- which had way too much up and down for me, and I didn't have room for them, maybe the premixes would work ??

Anyway, I was TOO excited to go onto Abs without coming to tell you girls first !!!!:p
So, now I gotta get back and do weights and plates abs !!

bbl.......

Becky, I can feel your energy!:D 40/20 is my and Laura's favorite too!

makin' breakfast....eggs w/ mushrooms & bacon. MMM! and don't forget the blueberries and peanut butter!

Hey girls,

Chatty Cathes this morning!

Had a great lunch with the girls. Read lots of books and did some work at the table. Noelle is learning to write her name and it's so cute. I love watching kids learn.

Katie, enjoy your day! Eat what you want and have a great dinner out!

Kate, so glad you have a late start today. I know I will appreciate stuff like that in the future! You're making me curious about pure barre. Too bad I have to save a gazillion dollars a month so that I can afford a house when we move back! :(

Nina, all your abbreviations were cracking me up... gonna do b&t and be c&t. If anyone came in here, they'd be so confused! :)

Robin, so glad your weights is back to normal. I have stayed away from the scale... scared to check but I need to!

Becky, YAY for wave pyramid! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to try it now. Next week!

Time for study max and then off to the library at 4 to see if they'll proctor my exams. Wish me luck!!

Angie, Nice day for you!
Good luck at the library! Are you feeling more confident in your french now?
Are house prices UP in AZ? Boy, are they ever DOWN here! NOw's the time to buy a mansion!
and Pure Barre....if you can spare $20 you NEED this WO! No weights, all pain! :D Pershing Square 2 was the burniest of the 2. Sorry to enable!

Hi Clintonya! Feeling any better today?

Anne, Nice WO!

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Katie!!!!

Last night I did STS Disc 11 and then tried to do bodyrock abs but after 2 of my 7 rounds, then the phone started ringing and 15 minutes later I was cooled down and just decided to call it a night. I did part of extended stretch. This morning I did not feel great when I woke up but did AS followed by weights & plates abs. Today I have to go to VA for a meeting and drive back in rush hour traffic. Yuck!

DrBecky, that's so nice to have the weekend off. Any special plans?
Clintonya, are you feeling better today.
Katie, good luck trying to keep it clean today. It's your birthday so it is okay to splurge a little.
Kate, yeah for school delays! I can't believe your legs still ache. Maybe after STS I will try pure barre.
Robin, I want summer too but in the summer we will complain it is too hot. Hopefully just another month of the ugly weather before it starts to warm up.
Angie, the whole economy really sucks right now but hopefully things will improve before you come back. That's cute about Noelle writing her name.
Becky, glad you liked Hiit. It is one of my favorites.
Nina, I love CS AS stretch too! I haven't really gotten into the other CS' but this one is good.

b: oatmeal w/ apple & walnuts
l: whole foods (probably something from the amazing salad bar)
s: almonds
d: ???

Happy Birthday Katie!!

Getting ready to go grocery shopping and I don't wanna-it's freezing out!:( Today is a cardio day-maybe MMA:Fusion or the treadmill. Nothing else but cleaning and dance tonight. Eats were great yesterday-except for the rest of my chocolate and 3 little cookies Darrin brought back from my grandma's:eek: Gotta stop with the sugar!!

Angie, I really like CCC too-have to do it in full next week:) How old is Noelle? Nevena is 3. She hasn't started writing but can spell her name with magnets and count to 30+! Amazes me every day that one! Happy studying!

Katie, hope you have a great day! Hope you don't get sugar overload! Cn't wait to hear what you get;)

Kate, we never get delays! It's all or nothing here. Stop bragging about the PB workouts! You're gonna make me go out and get 'em!

Robin, glad to hear your weight is where you want it-I haven't checked mine since Monday!

Becky, I haven't tried HiiT pyramid yet-maybe Saturday after my legs recover from yesterday:)

Nina, yay for being less hormonal-this has been a good month for me too, although I'm all over the place with my cycle (tmi, sorry!) Great workout!

Clintonya, hope you're feeling better today!

Hi Anne!

DrBecky, I haven't started trail runs yet-I need to get going on the Couch to 5K program I do every year-I'm not a runner! Yay for the Golden Weekend!!

Becky Sue, yea for the days off coming up! Are you extra sore after disc 11??:)

Angie, sorry for the down day yesterday, glad you are feeling better today and got in ccc :) And what a wonderful dh:)

Kate, thx, I am feeling a little better. I want that pure barre - I see what my dds do for ballet at the barre and it looks killer!

Robin, I am with you on summer! I hope we don’t get too much snow and esp. no ice! Yea for the scale!

Becky, glad you enjoyed pyramid :) Have fun w/the abs!

Nina, glad the pms is going away, that will help with the eating for sure!

Colleen, thanks, I am getting better. I am glad the bad weather won’t have hit yet for your drive, though the way they have the map I can’t tell when it is supposed to hit the dc area.

Katie, how’s your b-day going :) Your plans for tomorrow and the weekend sound great!

Klaudia, thx, I am feeling better. Saw your post about costco. I agree, there have been a couple times that I have taken off some time in the morning and tried to do my shopping and can never get to costco because by the time I would get there, shop, get back home & to work, it would be after 12:00!

Hi Anne! Hope you have a good day!

Feeling very dom-y today :) Not sure if it is because of the flu or the increase to 70%. Fever is gone so all in all I am feeling better, but am now just very congested so not very much sleep last night. On a positive note for the day, I think I am starting to see good results from the rotation and got word that I have “officially” finished all my classes for the Master’s in Taxation!

Clintonya

Colleen, I never answer the phone during a WO bec I never ever get back to it.
Awesome Wo this AM for not feeling so good!
Sorry abt the travelling! How's the new job overall?

Klaudia, You know you want some Barre!!!:D Cmon - can't have all this DOMS to myself!:D
It is waaay too cold for grocs today - I need a couple things but I'm holding off. It's not like we're gonna starve!:p

Clintonya, WTG on the results! That's fantastic! STS is tough stuff for sure!
Glad you're feeling a bit better.
You need some Barre too!:D

--
Made some meatballs for soup and did some laundry....love having a quiet mornign at home w/ my girls!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.