####c-t-thursday####

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Hey girls,

Woke up all sorts of grumpy this AM but am determined to snap out of it. It's a rainy, yucky day. Ryan took the girls to school this AM b/c I have french lessons - and it's a good thing because it's pouring and there's no way I could have walked them to school.

I'm frustrated because each morning when I wake up, I feel bloated and gassy (sorry if TMI) but I don't know what to do about it. Even if I don't eat a ton the day before, I still feel gross.

Ryan made pancakes for bfast this morning - I had 3 very small ones. I'm determined to make good portion decisions even when I don't have much of a choice in what I eat. But, either way, they're sitting like rocks in my stomach. Ugh, carbs.

Today I have a lot to do - need to get the laundry going so all of our clothes are clean and get out suitcases and start seeing how much space I need. The flight was wide open but now only has 14 seats in coach and 6 people listed as standby passengers (we're 3 of those). So, I'm hoping we don't have a problem - the hardest part will be getting 3 seats together!

Anyway, enough of my grouchiness. I will be doing LIC today at some point. Supposed to go pick up my car too so hopefully I'll know that soon enough so I can plan my day around it.

Have a happy Thursday everyone!!!

Keep it clean, stay away from the jbs!!!

angie

Angie, after reading this, you officially have only TEN MORE MINUTES to be grumpy. After ten minutes, I command you to SNAP OUT OF IT. I know we all get down about various things from time to time, but we all have it pretty good honestly... Think of all the people in the world who can't afford a car -- or afford to get it fixed, all the people who have never eaten a pancake -- and those who couldn't even afford to eat breakfast, etc.

TODAY'S CHALLENGE: You must think of FIVE things that you have been grumpy about lately, and then put a positive spin on it and tell us why you are THANKFUL to have that problem/dilemma.

And Angie, regarding the bloating problem... I feel like that when I eat too many carbs at once. But also, I have started taking a probiotic every morning and I think I have definitely noticed a difference with bloating! I take a medication that causes me to retain water, but this really really helps! You might wanna check into it.

Gotta make this quick -- I slept late and I need to get moving and grooving to STS or I'm gonna be late to work!

Here is what I have learned with my experiment with my HRM... My resting heart rate (lying down, being very still) is about 50 bpm - I am very happy with that. While awake, it appears that I burn about 88 cals / hour. And while asleep, it's about 58 cals / hour. I've been wearing it for 22 hours and 14 minutes now, and it reads 1708 calories. That does not include a workout.

I will put some thought into my 5 things and post back later, maybe at lunch!

Angie, Sorry for the down day! I def have been there! But like Katie said so eloquently...let's snap out of it! :D You are an awesome wife, mother, and friend! It's just a blip...think of how refreshed you;ll be back in the States!:D

Katie, Interesting on the hrm.....
We have to list FIVE?!?!?! Will bbl for that.....:D

No AM WO - lots to do this morning.
No big plans today - groceries (just a little) and home maintenance!:)

Have a great day!

katie, what a great challenge!

angie, i have those days too, and i think thinking of things to be piositive about does help. good luck witht e packmax.

kate, good morning.

well, i did a long run and tris. need to do shoulders later. and it is a work day. so, 1 thing i have been grumpy about is work - lucky i still hvae a job. 2. family drama - builds character?? 3. moving - new opportunites4. selling my house -[ cleaning things up 5. dh being gone - i will be so happy to have him home! gotta run - bbl

Katie, thanks so much for the swift kick in the rear. I don't know what my problem was... I think I stress out on french lesson days because I get myself so worked up about them. I will come back with my 5 things because right now I'm going to go give myself a swift kick in the rear with LIC...

You guys are my life savers. I love you.

Katie, thanks so much for the swift kick in the rear. I don't know what my problem was... I think I stress out on french lesson days because I get myself so worked up about them. I will come back with my 5 things because right now I'm going to go give myself a swift kick in the rear with LIC...

You guys are my life savers. I love you.

Your problem is that you are HUMAN! But it's my job as your friend to help you pull yourself out of this! I love you too!

Kate, YES, five things! Good luck getting it all done, I know you will, you are Kate!
Morris, busy day for you. And great workout this morning! How many miles?

STS Legs done -- I am NOT sad to see those tri-sets go, they are not my cup of tea. Not sure whether I will do plyo or squat rack legs for meso 3...

Off to work, YAY:rolleyes: See y'all at lunch.

morning

Colleen good going with the plyos. I used 2 vests and BBs for legs. I wonder if you can modify the M3 plyos.

Angie are you "regular" everyday? I put Benefiber in my water. And SNAP OUT OF IT;) you may just be stress b/c of the trip.

Katie HRM that's interesting so including a w/o your burn about
2100-2300 cal per day so you would need to eat how much in order to lose weight?

Kate no w/o for me either, just cleanmax. I'm just a little sore from y-day w/o. I wonder why I'm not very sore it's M3

Morris #5 is funny. Good w/o today how many times per week do you do cardio?

-----------------------
5 things tht get on my last nerve:
1. kids..I.should be thankful that they are healthy
2.bills every month...at least I have an income to pay them
3. FD...at least I have a family who cares about me

BBL with the rest

Last edited:
I love LIC!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D That WO is awesome and I need to do it way more often. I dripped sweat and just pushed myself hard. I was motivated too b/c I just watched biggest loser and kept telling myself, "If Tara can do it, I can do it." Seriously, that girl is unstoppable!

OK... 5 things.

1. France - it's an opportunity of a LIFETIME and I am going to make each moment worthwhile.
2. My body - I'm in far better physical shape than almost everyone I know and I'm HEALTHY.
3. My kids - They bring me SOOOO much joy and are SOOOO darn cute.
4. Eating - I know that it's one day at a time that I need to commit and I CAN DO IT.
5. French - I will sound sexy once I learn the language. I have to remind myself that if I have a bad attitude, I will never learn.

OK... I am woman, hear me roar! :eek: Thanks Katie! Oh, and I find your HRM results interesting too. I'd like to have like a 24 hour fitness consultation just to see what my eating and wos really need to look like.

Kate, hope you have a productive day. Thanks for the encouragement!

Morris, good morning! Thanks for the pep talk/motivation/inspiration!

Robin, I try to do things to keep myself regular (eating dried prunes) but sometimes it just doesn't work. Are you going to get the tower?

Hi to Anne, Lisa, Colleen, and Klaudia!!

Off to shower and packmax.

XOXO

Kate,

Oh, btw, can one of you explain to me HIIT? My parents and Ryan's parents both have stair climbers and I would like to be able to do that if I need to but I figure HIIT is the best thing to do on them... suggestions on a good format?

My favorite HIIT is from the Body for Life book. It only takes 20 minutes, but it works you good! Using a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being sitting on the couch and 10 going all out, do this:

2 minutes at level 5
1 minute at level 6
1 minute at level 7
1 minute at level 8
1 minute at level 9
1 minute at level 6
1 minute at level 7
1 minute at level 8
1 minute at level 9
1 minute at level 6
1 minute at level 7
1 minute at level 8
1 minute at level 9
1 minute at level 6
1 minute at level 7
1 minute at level 8
1 minute at level 9
1 minute at level 10
1 minute at level 5

There are all sorts of ways to do it, though, you can also go all out for 15 seconds, then recover for 45 second, repeat 10 times or however many you feel you can. It should pretty much wear you out in about 15 or 20 minutes.

Have fun packing!

I'll be back later for more personals. I haven't decided if I'm going to take the challenge today--we'll see.

anne

Good Morning Everyone!

Just a quick hello because I have to run off to training. This morning was tough getting out of bed but I got up and did LIC Cardio Blast and LIC abs. I am grateful that I dragged myself out of bed to get it done. I will be back with the other 4 things.

Morris, it is a pain to clean the house but it looks great afterwards. I always love that.
Angie, glad you got motivated to do LIC.
Robin, I am glad you waited and didn't get anything unsafe.
Anne, thanks for the HIIT suggestion.
Katie, good suggestion for kicking the grumpies.
Hi Klaudia, Lisa & Kate!

BBL with meals & my other 4 things!

suffice to say i am a cleaneating nightmare. i wont dwell on it but yall need to kick me off of here! &&%$&#$% sugar!

5 things
1 - lack of sleep - at least i have a comfy lazyboy to fall asleep in
2 - the ginormous visa bill that came yday - at least theres $ to pay it
3 - my body - it is strong and powerful. i will quit filling it w/ cookies!
4 - my dog!:eek: he drives me absolutely crazy sometimes but he 110% loves us
5 - mikes "helpfulness", or lack thereof - he does help when i specificaly ask. so thats what i'll do - specifically ask

morris, nice list! hope you have a great day! you are my wo idol!

angie, lic! i need some cardio!
prunes.....been making them for julia....they are so slimy - its like eating a big juicy bug! yech!!!!

hello anne!

colleen, lic is the cardio of choice today! i will do it tmrw!
have "fun" at training!:p

I almost forgot
4. my body....it's not perfect but I can change it.
5. my house...I use to live in a Fire Trap (remember the electrical problems I had in the old house) Now I live in a safe house

Kate now you see I wanted to get back into eating prunes but now that you wrote "big juicy bug" I'll never touch it again:eek:;)

Colleen how are you liking M3?

Anne that HITT looks like fun

Angie you will learn French it just takes practice. I took French in HS and loved it until we got to the verbs
I shop
You shop
We shop...etc
I think I will buy the tower. It's a shame we won't see it for another 3-5 months

robin, rofl about the prunes!!! they look like juiced up headless roaches!:eek::eek::eek::eek:
that stinks for you (and everyone) that it will take so long to get the tower. i know so many are wanting it for m3.

Attack of the easter candy!!! UGH. I was doing so good - thankfully I'll be leaving it tomorrow. My penance was walking to get the kids to school in the rain. We're drowned rats (except for Ellie who was under the rain cover of her stroller).

Now I just want a warm bath... :)

Girls are watching Enchanted. I think that movie is so cute.

Guess who got no packing done today... :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.