<< c&t >> monday restart

Kate - My baby has been having sleep issues too! She was getting more teeth (now she has a total of 16 teeth) and then went back to sleeping well and now she has a really slight cold, but enough to get her up once a night to nurse. I tried the other night to get her to CIO but it didn't work. I caved after ten minutes. I'm a sucker I know.

Sorry I've been so MIA. It's been a busy week for me. I miss you ladies terribly and feel like I really get such great support from you guys that I want to say THANK YOU! I realize just being away for a few days can really derail me. Eats have been blah! I eeked out Pure Cardio at 10pm Sun night. Have my lovely yearly appt Mon am then work all day. My dd had her piano recital and did really well. I made homemade brownies from scratch today and I don't know why I did that. I did only eat one but that's after a terrible weekend of eating. Back on track. I really need it. Been working out pretty much everyday so hoping that will keep things on an even scale. Alrighty...off to bed. See you guys in a bit!

Hey girls,

Kate, I'm so sorry you were up with J! What's her deal? Little stinker. Do you think it would make a difference if you weaned her and she knew it wasn't possible to nurse? I hope you got back to sleep.

Lisa, hi! I know how hard it is to keep a routine when it seems like life just takes over. Do the best you can! Stressing won't help! I was thinking of you b/c of Shaun T's thing in Hawaii. You should have gone!

I spent most of the morning (almost 2 hours) on the phone with my brother's girlfriend. She and I are a lot alike and I'm glad that she's going to be part of our family (they'll be engaged as soon as my bro has enough $$ to buy the ring). Anyway, it was nice to have someone to talk to but I got nothing done in the morning.

Now I have to take the girls out (they're going a little stir crazy) to the store. I'm hoping to get a WO in this afternoon. I think I'm finally getting over my cold. We'll see how it goes. Going to start up 4DS again.

I'll check in later...

Good morning Girls. Even though it IS Monday!!!

Kate- ugh at early hours. I woke up super early too......not a fan !!! :(
Lisa- one brownie is a success ! I can pass up cookies, cake and candy, but NOT brownies!!! If I eat one, I eat a half a pan full !!! Good job on PC .
Angie- glad you had a nice talk. Also hooray for feeling better !! It's about time, huh ??

I'm doing circuits this week. Haven't chosen todays yet, but I'll be using Cathe workouts along with Jillian and others.....just wanting some variety.

Morning ladies! Uggghhhh, I am dreading this week...

Kate, I'm sorry Julia is demanding your attention at such late/early hours! I don't really have any advice, but I definitely have sympathy to offer!
Lisa, mmmm brownies! Good job on the workouts - even if it is at 10 pm!
Angie, how old is your brother? That's great that you get along with his gf. Good luck with a wo today.
Becky, aren't you glad that you don't have to go back to jury duty today? Enjoy your week of circuits!

I had a ROUGH weekend. I mean, don't get me wrong, it was wonderful - cuz it was the weekend - but I am really starting to feel bad. Exhausted, queasy, headaches, etc. I slept a LOT over the weekend - and while I needed it, I just feel so LAZY for doing it!

And to top it all off, I was up AGAIN last night with a puking child. Poor thing - I have no idea what is going on with him...

Becky, good morning! I love circuits and always go back to them. I noticed FF put out her summer rotation and it's one circuit, one total body, one lower body. I think I would like that.

Katie, I'm sorry you're having a rough time. Please try not to be so hard on yourself and maybe expecting to get up and WO before work is too much (especially when you're up with C! Poor kid!!). Take care of your body. These first 12 weeks will wipe you out, hang in there, eat well, hydrate, and get some "light" exercise. I think you'll be fine!

Showered and ready to go but kids are happily playing in their toy room so I'm going to get some housework done until they get antsy.

BBL.

good morning ladies. bad nights sleep again, but i will call my doc today. no doms except tightness in my ub. i wish i had run this am, but i have not taken a day off for a whle, so swimming for me.

the last few days have been really clean. i will NOT be derailed today!

kate, sorry about j up. with aidan it is easier to let him fuss, b/c when i go in, it goes up a notch:confused:

katie, sorry for the puking kid! and i totally agree with angie. just get thru these first 12 weeks and do whatever works. you'll be better after.

hi lisa - you are missd! wtg with the wo at 10pm:eek:

hi becky. what jillian circuits do you like?

hi angie - glad you are feeling better.

bbiab

Morning came too soon! Angie hit the nail on the head - funny enough, I didn't let her nurse last ngiht and she was M-A-D at me! Cried for a long time in her bed. I was up from 2-5:45 either rocking her or listening to her. Slept til 7 so hopefully I'll be ok for the day. I thankfully have a high threshold for little sleep.

Lisa, We miss you too! Sorry for Ps sleep issues - blah!
I thought abt you w/ ShaunT in HI too!:D
1 brownie only is something to be proud of! Sorry for the bad eats tho!

Angie, I know that feeling of not disturbing nice playing!:p:D:D
That;s great abt your bro & future SIL!
4DS sounds good!

Becky, Circuits sound fun!

Katie, Take it easy on yourself, although I know how hard it is not to! Don't feel lazy - you're growing a baby and that's more than any of us are doing combined!:D
Sorry for the rough night - hope he gets over the hump!

Nina, WTG w/ continues clean eats!
Youve got me dreaming abt swimming w/ the girls! Hopefully soon here!

-
Breakfast done, 1 child off to school, waiting for Ju to wake up so we can do some errands. Peace!

Happy Mondy!!

Kids go back to school today!:) Kinda mean to be so excited but I need a break. Dance and Daisys tonight too. Didn't get any of my workout in yesterday-the girls wanted to play outside cause it was so beautiful out and then my cousin who said she was comnig over around 5 got to our house around 7:30! So today will be yesterday's workout. Gonna throw a pork tenderloin in the crock pot and there's leftover shrimp and asparagus pasta too:)

Lisa, we're always here-no worries!

Anige, so jealous of your close relationship with your future SIL. I always thought that's how it would be with D's sisters since I don't have any but it's not:( I need to get over it-we've been married for almost 13 years! I'll be doing 4DS too:)

Becky, have a great workout!

Katie, sorry about Collin. Do you think the incidents are related or two separate things? Hop eyou all feel better soon! And it's ok to be tired-you're body's working extra hard right now and soemthing's gotta give-second trimester will be better:)

Nina, hope you can get to the doc today. Great job on the clean eats!!

Good Morning Everyone!

Not feeling that great and someone left a pile of trash by my garage door. I had to kick it under the bushes because I was running late and didn't have time to deal with it. I'll take care of it tonight. I guess I should be thankful that I don't have to stand on a corner with a sign advertising a new grocery store opened up. No workout this morning but will try to do something tonight.

Katie, sorry about Collin. Does he have a food allergy? Don't feel lazy for sleeping - you need it.
Becky, I love circuits. Enjoy your workout.
Nina, hope you can get to the doctor today.
Angie, that is exciting about your brother. It is nice you have such a close relationship with future SIL.
Kate, sorry about getting up again with Julia. Hopefully she will take a nice nap for you today.
Lisa, it is great to hear from you. Great job getting your workout in at 10 pm. I don't think I could have done it.

b: oatmeal w/ almonds & apple
l: work outing hopefully grilled chicken salad
s: strawberries & yogurt w/ walnuts
d: scallops, rice and veggies

I did Circuit Blast today. Am making breakfast cookies right now (Am trying Ellie Kriegers ? recipe) , and have a few more things to do in the kitchen.

Someone asked me about the Jillian workouts, I honestly can't remember which I like best. I've only done them once or twice and it's been a while......but this week I'll take notes .

Hey all, well, I finally finished 4DS - BC. I did all but the last round. My kids seriously interrupted me every 7-8 minutes throughout the whole thing. I was going crazy. Apparently that's not the best time for me to try to work out. So, I'll try to get up early tomorrow.

I modified the cardio a bit (basically just didn't go all out on the drills) and kept my weights pretty low but my arms are still shaking so I guess it wasn't that bad. Just low compared to Cathe.

Nina, sorry for another rough night. Let us know what the doc says.

Kate, hope you get some rest today and that you and J can have a nice chat about her issues. :p Glad you got to "sleep in."

Klaudia, I don't think it's bad - school means routine - I thrive on the routine and so do my kids. I hear you on the relationship thing. I think I'll be closer to her than any of my family. Kinda funny. We're just a lot alike. But she's ten years younger!

Colleen, gross about the garbage. Sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you can get something in tonight.

Becky, circuit blast is my fave from the newbies. Let us know how the bfast cookies are!

Anyone heard anything about turbo fire? I'm curious...

Time to read and make dinner.

if i drank, i'd need one now:mad::mad: startyed my day with a dead battery so the kids were 1.5 hrs late for their 3 hrs of school. i missed my swim, went to pick them up, and they are so grumpy. i am also trying to finish tax stuff, which is frustrating. and son't even get me started on the house stuff:mad::mad: okay, enough of that. i am about to do some leg work and yoga, also did some intervals on the elliptical this morning.

angie, great job with the wo. i love my sils, but we are not that close. that must be nice.

kate, hope you and j came to an understanding.

klaudia, i was looking forward to school starting up again, but after the lunch we just had and all the fussing, maybe they are better off at home. mine finish school for the year on memorial day - it is coming up soon.

colleen, hope you feel better later. are your allergies bothering you?

katie, how is collin?

becky, dare i ask for your recipe? that sounds so good.

yoga will be better for me than m and m's and peanut butter, rihgt???

angie, lol @ being a thread killer... thats usually me =) thats great you have a get on well with your soon-to-be sil - not I, said the duck.

kate, sorry for J being up so much. its such a struggle with them. maybe a new tooth? or not feeling well? JJ actually slept until alomst 7 today, which NEVER happens anymore.

nina, call the dr!! please! if anything, at least an appt might help ease your mind. and not sure how you feel about it but maybe you can get some meds to help you sleep in the short term. i think if it was me and i was dealing for a while like you have been i might try meds. but i know not everyone is comfortable.

colleen, trash in front of your house, how disgusting and inconsiderate =( any thoughts on who / why ?

klaudia, id be happy abt school starting, too! you need routine as much as they do! not close to my SIL, either. shes a total PITB actually and i try to limit my time with her.

becky, id love to know how those bfast cookies come out, too, been eyeing that recipe!

katie, when JJ had that stomach thing last month, we gave him too much, too fast afterwards and he got sick again. so it could be that he ate too much food, too fast, or the wrong stuff. dr told me it can sometimes take over a week for a kids belly to really be back to normal, its so rough on the body. i saw that for sure with JJ and the hard part was at a certain point he was BEGGING for more and i had limit his intake and space it out... that sucked.

lisa, wtg working ot so late!!! i used to do that pre-JJ, could NOT do it now. i am so in bed at 10pm (or wishing i was).

back from the gym this am. i made it through 3 songs in step class before callnig it quits. kick was ok on sat, with mods, but my knee is just not having step, apparently. i jumped on the ellip for 20 mins and then did some abs and stretches so it wasnt a loss. also, its not really my knee, its def muscles/ ligaments around the knee. im stretching a lot and trying to take it easy on it. but i do have to walk more again with dh gone. hopefully this will pass soon! it so frustrating that everytime i feel like things are going well and im on a roll, my body acts up. why doesnt it just COOPERATE with my plans?!?!? dang it.

havent eaten anything today. ive got to do something about my old and now new-again habit of skipping bfast. such a bad thing for so many reasons, i know, just need to get back on the wagon with it.

wendy, i got first available doc appt for next monday. i am considering meds, i guess. i feel crazy and emotional with this lack of sleep, that is for sure. sorry for your knee - how frustrating. does your gym have a pool?

my fav breakfast is cottage cheese with blueberries and a little fiber one or oats mixed in. mmmmm

So I found the culprit of the trash and it was DH! He left it there yesterday intending to put it in the trash. He said he forgot when he went back into the house. I received a call from a company and they want to interview me. Woohoo! I am still waiting to see when they are available.

Nina, Sorry your day did not start off well. I hope it is getting better. I went to allergist and I have nonallergic rhinitis. What this means is my allergies are triggered by other factors (hormones, barometric changes, etc). I have forgotten to take the medicine he prescribed to me the last couple of days so now I am paying.
Becky, which cookies did you make? I would like to try her desserts but I need to bring them somewhere so I don't eat them all.
Angie, sorry about the interruptions. So frustrating. I think I might review my kettlebell moves tonight.
Wendy, I hear you on your body not cooperating. Have you thought of trying physical therapy? It helped me when I injured me knee running because he gave me exercises to strengthen the muscles in my quads. I know now is not the best time but maybe when you get to CA.

Have a good evening everyone!

Yikes! Where did the day go? Super busy today! I promise to try to do personals later tonight. Or tomorrow. I have to do upper body and abs before I got to tap tonight.

anne

I just googled breakfast cookies and Ellie's recipe came up. They look good and smelled really good while baking.......
Lot's of good things in there so I think we'll like them.

DH eats one for breakfast because he likes just a little something before work & sometimes I have one before my workout, then have a smoothie afterwards.

I did a short CS this afternoon. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh LOVE IT !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.