####c-t-monday####

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

(((YAWN))) - Mondays are rough!

But, the girls are at school and we've had a more normal start to our day. :) I got my WO in this morning - 30/30 and Core Max seg 1. I have decided to start doing core work before my cardio. After cardio I'm too pooped to devote enough strength to it so I tend to be lazy. Hopefully this will help me improve my ab muscles!

I spent the morning doing my bible study and then listening to my anatomy lectures (ANOTHER exam next Tuesday). This afternoon after I take the girls back to school, I'm going to a bible study at the anglican church so that should be interesting. They're studying Luke for Lent.

I need to clean up my kitchen a bit before I go pick up the girls and get lunch started.

Have a great Monday everyone! I hope all of you are healed and can start the week off on a good note!

Good Morning Girls ! :)

Monday again! How can it be ?? The weekend was so busy & flew by without a chance to even catch my breath !!!

Angie- it sounds like your day has been very productive so far !

I have cardio (one of the Hiit's) and weights & plate abs this morning.

Will bb a little later.....

Becky

Morning! School is CLOSED here!:D So WHY ON EARTH are my girls awake already?!?!?!? I can hear Julia stirring too so this will be short.

Angie, BIG YAWN here too - up late w/ a teething baby. Couldn't find the teething tablets!:mad:
You've got a full day ahead! Good plan on the core work!

Becky, Have a great WO!

Angie that's a good idea to do your core work first. Enjoy your bible study.

Becky I agree weekends are too short and I try to fit in too much.

Kate enjoy your girls today.

Clintonya Congrat to your girls they did so well!!! Any pics on facebook yet?

Good news my weight is down 2#:) thanks to the no white stuff diet.

My w/o today will be 4ds shoulders, bi and tri; plus ellip for 30mins.
Maybe I'll do the ellip first.

Last edited:
Morning ladies!

Angie, your day sounds full & productive! I know you are glad to have the girls back in school.
Becky, I feel the same about my weekend, but at least you got something done!
Kate, isn't it an old wives tale that kids act crazy when it is going to snow? I remember teething tablets with Collin - they worked wonders, hope you can find them!
Robin, ^5 on the ##! I ate a bit too much white stuff yesterday - I made white cheddar mashed potatoes - YUM!

Did chest and shoulders this morning, ran out of time for tris - will catch them later. Off to work - gosh I need a productive day!

robin, NICE!!! always good to have a reminder those "little" things do work! and i know, little my backside, those are the hardest changes to make.

kate, any signs of the actual tooth? what are the teething tablets and HOW do they work? I feel like JJ has been teething on and off for almost 2 months???!?!?! sometimes his whole fist in his mouth all day lol. and NO signs of a tooth still, no cutting at all.

angie, bts for the kiddos, always ends up to be a good day for mom =)

katie, so so glad you are feeling yourself again! white mashed pot sounds yum! i will now erase that idea from my memory =)

hi becky! have agreat wo today! did you finish all the painting this weekend?

step class on the sched for today (mon and fri). also its our turn to make dinner for the religious school tomorrow so i need to shop and make some things ahead instead of everything tomorrow. i am thinking mac+chs and a salad with lots of veggies and a choc cake or brownies. is mac and cheese enough???? has to be kosher style, so no meat and dairy in the same meal (at my house i usually make mac+chs with meatloaf) and no pork. whatcha think?? i need to make enough for 15 hungry teenagers...

I ended up doing Pyramid Hiit and core conditioning drills from MMA boxing .

Wendy- we finished walls, new trim, baseboards, we have ONE window to paint around still and are replacing all the inside doors.....two closets in entry and all bedrooms, closets, bathrooms.......so we are probably 1/2way through the whole project , and want to tile on the floor around the fireplace and HOPEFULLY get new living room/hall carpet.
But at least making progress !
Your meal sounds great !
We do mac and cheese and meatloaf here too .:)
Katie- white cheddar mashed potatoes - YUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have no portion control with those at all !!!:eek:

Gotta shower . Am going to the dr. with my youngest DD.

Becky

Last edited:
Morning! USA! USA! Awesome hockey game last night!

Snow Day here too! My girls slept in a little-til 7:30:) Got my grocery shopping done yesterday but no workout and too many cookies again!:( I am the biggest self-saboteur and my weight is up a bit to prove it:( Spent a ton at Meijer-the lady behind me was shocked! She was a mother of 6 and said she only spends $700/month! And my gf too-she spends $50-60/week! How is that possible? Anyway I need to adjust my workout schedule for the week-today will be back/biceps then I'll do them again Sunday to be caught up.

Angie, what a way to start the day! I need to do more abs-been slacking there lately. Enjoy your bible study.

Becky, nice workout-I think I'm going to try that one tomorrow finally!

Kate, sorry about the rough night. Will J take a longer nap?

Robin, awesome job on the weight loss! I need to seriously limit my sugar intake! Have a great workout!

Katie, hope you have a good day!

Wendy, I think your meal sounds good. Have you tried Barilla Plus pasta? It higher in protein and fiber and has Omega 3 in it-that's all we use. It's not as tough as ww. Would help keeps those boys full!

Katie, Good job w/ your WO! Get those tris tonight!!!!

Wendy. Teething tablets are this homeopathic mediciine made by Hyland's. You can get them at any drug/groc store. Hope you can find them! they are woderful! J's tooth is barely thru but it must be moving up more
I think your meal sounds great - except for the brownies. Suffice to say I ate too many yesterday and my belly is not right today. When will I learn my lesson?!:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::mad:

Becky, Nce Wo! You are a good grandma!

Klaudia, Are you snowed in too?!

-
no breakfast - I feel really yucky. I have a clogged milk duct - NOT FAIR!!! It's been so long - was hoping I was past these.:(

Hey, Klaud! You snuck in! My girls were up at 6:30!!! WHY!!?!!!?!? I don't even wake them up that early for school!!!!
Sorry for the groc bills - I should add up what I spend. It's prob pretty bad w/ all the cooking I do. I buy a lot of organic too. Your GF that deons't spend a lot - does she work and her kids are @ daycare? Do they go out to eat a lot? There is NO WAY I could feed us on $60/week!
Longer nap for Ju? Not likely.

Kate- oh no ! I hope you feel better very soon ! I know how miserable you were last time. :(

Thanks for the good grandma comment, but this is my daughter. She is 18, lives at home, is in college and working. But she has a dr appt. today that she is nervous about and wants me to go along . I'm glad because I want to ask questions !!!
My older daughter went to the dr. last week with pain near her hipbone, I asked over and over if I could watch the kids or go along with her and she is so stubborn and independent, she wouldn't let me. Her hubby stayed home and had the boys and she went alone ! I wasn't happy because she ended up needing an ultrasound she didn't really ask any questions ! They said one ovary is very enlarged but didn't suggest to her WHY that would happen or what they suspect caused it or anything. She just is treating it with pain meds and bc pills and go back for another ultrasound in 2 months !!!
I would have asked questions!! Not trying to be pushy but she should know what is wrong with her !!

Anyway..........LOL
Time to get ready to go....
Becky

Becky, Well youre a good mama too!:D Hope you other DD will be ok!

--
Wanna hear a funny? Read this! Gina is doing a report on cats and we were looking up info on Wiki.. I found this but didn't show it to her! Thought you'd all get a chuckle out of it! ....or maybe it's just me who is immature!:p LOL!

Female cats are seasonally polyestrous, which means they may have many periods of heat over the course of a year, the season beginning in January or February and ending in late October. Heat periods occur about every two weeks and last about 4 to 7 days.[144] Multiple males will be attracted to a female in heat. The males will fight over her, and the victor wins the right to mate. At first, the female will reject the male, but eventually the female will allow the male to mate. The female will utter a loud yowl as the male pulls out of her. This is because a male cat's penis has a band of about 120-150 backwards-pointing spines, which are about one millimeter long;[145] upon withdrawal of the penis, the spines rake the walls of the female's vagina, which is a trigger for ovulation. After mating, the female will wash her vulva thoroughly. If a male attempts to breed with her at this point, the female will attack him. After about 20 to 30 minutes, once the female is finished grooming, the cycle will repeat.[144]

Good Morning Everyone!

I can't believe Monday is here so quickly. All those snow days have gotten me off schedule. This morning I did Hiit 40/20 followed by 30/30. I did take a 3 minute break between the two so I could catch my breath. I ended with KCM Muscle Def. abs.

Clintonya, that's great your girls did so well.
Angie, woohoo, the girls are back in school. Good idea doing core first - I usually run out of time.
Becky, I hope everything goes okay with your DD. It's hard to ask questions sometimes because you are just in shock with the diagnosis. I try to bring someone to ask questions.
Kate, I just have some things to return at the mall. My MIL bought pants that are a long length and I need the regular length. Want to exchange them quickly because I have a really hard time getting my size. Hopefully the girls will let you get some rest today.
Robin, ^5 on the weight loss. I need to cut back on the white stuff too. I have been eating way too much lately.
Katie, white cheddar mashed potatoes sound delish! Hope you have a productive day at work.
Wendy, I think the mac & cheese will be enough. Just make sure you make enough.
Klaudia, it is just DH and I and we spend more than $60/week on groceries but the prices are higher here.

b: oatmeal /w pumpkin & almonds
l: mexican rice bowl & banana
s: blueberries & yogurt w/ walnuts
d: either pork or salmon cakes

kate, sorry abt the clogged duct, stinks you are so prone to them =(

becky, your placeis gonna look great!! i know if we replaced the inside doors in our apt it would look so much better.

colleen, wow! nice workout!!

klaudia, i spend an avg of $60 a week on food. you can totally do it!

gottarun to step!

Ok, you grocery gurus-how do you do it? What are you buying? Do you shop at more than one place, clip coupons? Yesterday I spent almost $400! Some of that was toiletries and cleaning products but still. We eat pretty much everything before it has a chacne to go bad. I am at a loss as to how to cut my bill.

Kate, yes my neighbor's kids go to daycare after school 3 days/week. They're the ones that I took care of over the summer. They only eat carrots/celery and grapes, maybe bananas. They have cereal/granola bars or poptarts and oj for breakfast, lunchables or bologna on white, and lots of hot dogs, burgers for dinner-made at home. They don't eat any pasta or other veg/fruit.

Colleen, from the looks of your menu, that amount makes sense.

Wendy 15 hungry teens...you may need to cook the whole cow!:eek: Mac and cheese is fine.

Katie it's so funny that your mom is on FB:D

Becky great w/o today. I love all of the core stuff from MMA. I wish it was one whole DVD.

Klaudia I have no idea how the woman with 6 kids(8 counting mom and dad) only spending 700 bucks a month ...unless she just buys rice, potatoes, chicken and they eat the same thing over and over. Your grocery bill is high because of the economy and cold weather. Did you see the price for lemons:eek:

Kate I hope you feel better. Does J like the medicine? My friend's son use to make this funny face when she place the pill in his mouth.
:D I would kick man-cat butt if he did that to me too.

Becky I would have ask questions too. When I take my DD to the doctors I leave the room so that she can ask the doctor (girl type) questions that she would not ask me.

Colleen excellent workout. Don't you wish Cathe had one DVD with all of her workouts so that we can mix and match.

b-2 eggs and turkey bacon, toast
l-salmon and spinach
d-chicken something
s- apple and trail mix (home made)

Ok, you grocery gurus-how do you do it? What are you buying? Do you shop at more than one place, clip coupons? Yesterday I spent almost $400! Some of that was toiletries and cleaning products but still. We eat pretty much everything before it has a chacne to go bad. I am at a loss as to how to cut my bill.

Kate, yes my neighbor's kids go to daycare after school 3 days/week. They're the ones that I took care of over the summer. They only eat carrots/celery and grapes, maybe bananas. They have cereal/granola bars or poptarts and oj for breakfast, lunchables or bologna on white, and lots of hot dogs, burgers for dinner-made at home. They don't eat any pasta or other veg/fruit.

Years ago, people use to make stews with 1 or 2 pieces of cut up meat, veggies, over noodles or rice. Also junk food is cheaper than healthy food.

missed you guys this am - don't know where the time went. i barely managed a wo - 5 mile slow run , dwp, 30/30. i think i was tired from adding on disc 4 yday. must do yoga later to loosen up. after dropping the kids i went to the animal clinic to look over the computer stuff for when i work. computers will be the death of me!!

klaudia, we shop at the naval commisary where stuff is cheaper, i rarely buy organic, and i spend more than 60% a week. if i do dog wood, toieltries, laundry and cleaning stuff, it goes wayyyy up.

wendy, how on earth can you spend 60% a week??? that is impressive.

kate, so sorry for the milk duct. take it easy, okay?

colleen, great great wo!

katie, hope today is productive for you.

robin, congrats on the lbs!!

becky, what a sweet mom. sighhh....

hi angie. your day sounds peaceful

too much family drama yday - it made me so sad and angry and tired. i will not let it invade my space today. eats are super clean, as was yday. why am i seeing no change? maybe it is ttom? anyways, luckily the cravings are away for now.... bbiab

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.