Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle Cathletic Supporters Week of 5/18

punka274

Cathlete
Morning! How is everyone today?

Today is 4DS weight work and a cardio on the treadmill. My eating hasn't been the best this past week. But im determined to get back on track today. ive already logged and printed all my food for the day. Its time to put my game face on...;)

I started an online diary a couple of days ago. I place to go and express my feelings when i want to eat junk or whatever. Its helping....

Oh and i plan on going to the gym this eveing and hopefully,if i like it, i will become a memeber...who knows, i may even get in a little cardio while im there;)

bbl

Hi Amelia,

I hope you like the gym! I would never be consistent at the gym, because it takes that much more effort for me to get there...:eek:

Disk 19 for me round two. Next week will start my last two weeks of meso 2! It's amazing how fast it suddenly goes!

I am going to focus on a bit more clean eating myself. I had to resort to protein bars a lot the last two weeks because of the kid's schedule, but I am going to cut those out this week!

workout done! did 4ds chest,shoulders and triceps then i jumped on the treadmill for a HIIT....total workout time 67mins. cool:cool: Now its time to clean up this pesky house:rolleyes:

Cendrine-what kind of protein bars do you eat? Luckly the gym im checking out is less than 3miles from my house,it just opened up in feburary. Im pretty excited about it, if nothing else i will check it out and see how I like it for a month?:)

I'm still experimenting with protein bars, I know most of them are not exactly an A on the clean list.

I have tried the cliff builders bars, promax, pure protein, myoplex, carbadvantage, etc. I have found a bar at mother's market that has nothing bad in it, it is all natural, none of the bad chocolate coating on the outside and still a good bang of protein with only healty fats, no Saturated fat at all. It does need to be stored in the fridge, though. And there are only three flavors, all of which have a good deal of peanut butter in it. But I enjoy the flavor and the nuts in it give it a good crunch. I can't remember the name of it. Will let you know next time I look at them. I also just picked up a labrabar from GNC, it was tasty, but the saturated fat is there and other artificial stuff that this mother's market bar didn't have. I try to limit protein bars and shakes to one a day, usually my post workout breakfast is it. But when I'm on the run I have to grab one if I'm not prepared like I should be....:eek:

So this week is to healthy, clean, natural fare! You guys on for the challenge?

Cendrine – thanks for the information about the %s. I started with the base plan . I seem to never hit where I should be but like you said I also am doing pretty good just be keeping my calories in check.

Amelia- I hope you enjoy the gym! The diary sounds like a good idea and I am glad it is working.

I also did not have a great week of eating, but I am going to work on having a better week!

Hello to everyone!

Clintonya

Good Evening Ladies!

The clean eating comes so much easier for me than the exercise. Yesterday I portioned out my food for the week so it is all pretty much grab and go As far as protein bars go I love the Odwalla Bar. My fav is Strwberry Pomagranite, and Berries Gomega. I am going to make Mahi Mahi for dinner tonight. Yum Yum!

Hi ladies! Quick post for me. Last night was a 35 minute premix from Amy Bento's Hi-Lo Extreme, and tonight was TLT Better Burn, Better Buns.

I have some recipes for whole food energy bars from the Thrive Diet book I bought. They aren't high protein, but you can always adjust. Let me know if you guys would like them. They're very easy to make - put them all in a food processor and then roll them out onto a pan and cut. They're raw, but you could bake them to dry them out some. I have been using hemp protein powder, it's awesome!

Monring

I went to get a gym membership yesterday. The manager took me on a tour around the building. He handed me a clipboard with some papers to fill out. Then told me to the total for today....he didn't mention anything on the phone about a startup fee,100 dollar startup fee...WTH? I asked him if her remembered me calling the other day(im sure he could tell i was kinda pissed) and he played dumb:rolleyes: I told him that he should of mentioned a startup fee on the phone and it would of saved us both alot of time:mad: What an ass.

Todays workout is 4dsLegs and coremax

Hey to everybody....bbl

Hi Guys,

I did cardo and weights cardio premix and abs today. Short but good.

Workoutaholic, I'm always looking for more recipes, I'd love the one you made! THanks for sharing!

Amelia, I'm so sorry about the wasted time at the gym! I hope you can make up the time elsewhere. Good job though for not letting him manipulate you!

Have a good day, all!

Workout done 4DS legs then some core work. Im so glad i purchased the 4DS series,i just love it! I got it back in feburary, and really started getting into it about two months ago. Im starting to see some pretty good strength gains and some tone coming through in the mirror! Exciting,now...ive got to get focused on my eating :)

Cendrine-Love C&W...i need to purchase the dvd,i have the fitv version on my dvr, but it cuts out alot. Great job with your workout.

soontobefit-they sell odwalla bars at my local grocery store, i saw(and i could be wrong about the name) but banana nut flavor there? I may have to pick one up.

Workoutoholic-Yes,please share those recipes. Thanks! I could make up a big batch then put them in the fridge!

fitfamily2009-How is your eating going so far this week? Mine is better,not perfect,but alot better. Im counting my calories and logging all my food. Have a great workout today!
Hey to anybody that i missed...must scoot and get some house work done!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone-

Sorry about your gym experience Amelia. Quite a few years ago DH & I had looked into one as something we could do during lunch time. At the time we worked very near each other and were walking during lunch but wanted to use the time better. We got the same feeling you did – it was like they had said one thing then the actual numbers said another.

My eating was going okay until I had to do a fund raising thing for work yesterday. Even though I only ate ¼ of what I was given, when I put in my calories for the day I was still over for maintenance and I was too exhausted to exercise! I just do not do good unless I put the calories in before the day starts :p

I would also love the recipes workoutaholic. I need ways to get more protein in and I always need new ideas for snacks.

Soon2bfit, the exercise actually comes easier for me than the eating. I have to consciously stop myself from eating too much, but with the exercise most of the time I really enjoy it. That dinner sounds good.

Cendrine that is great on almost finishing Meso 2! Keep up the good work!

Clintonya

Amelia,

Yes Odwalla has Banana Nut bars. They are not my favorite but I can be very picky when it comes to flavors and textures. They actually have some other good ones too.

julie

I like the Odwalla bars, but they are a tad too tempting for me. And I don't think they have all that much protein? Are we talking about the same bars? The ones I have are mostly nuts and fruits.

By the way, the bar I told you about a couple of days ago from Mother's market, that has nothing bad in it is called Perfect Food Bar.

I was making cookies for dd mommy and me class snack for tomorrow. It's a whole wheat and oatmeal cookie that I jazzed up with fresh raspberries and white chocolate chips...:eek: Man, they smelled gooood! But I was able to resist, just barely.

Legs disk 20 for me tomorrow.

Hey there! I haven't been able to log on the site all morning....anybody else have problems with this?

I did 4DS Back and Biceps then 4ds lis ealier. I increased my weight in my back and biceps work...i hope i don't regret that later when im starving to death:confused:! I always get hungry when i lift heavier...Im eating pretty clean and every three hours so i shouldn't be hungry at all:)

Cendrine-High fives on resisting the cookies...you have more will power than i do:confused:. I will check out perfect food bar...

Julie-on the subject of the odwalla bars...have you tried the high protien one yet? I noticed its protien was pretty good! I may grab one of the ones you mentioned ealier today when i head out to the grocery store.

Clintonya-I know what you mean about logging calories in the morning...thats the only way im able to keep my calories in check for the day.

Hey to everybody i missed! Ive got to get some things done around the house....Have a great day girls. :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Just a quick post to say that I'm still here, just not been around the computer enough to post.

Hmm, food, not bad, but not super good yet. I've managed to stay away from most things, but the peanut butter keeps derailing me... oh and the really low blood sugar I had today was a nasty reminder of must have protein with those carbs in the morning! I actually couldn't talk right.

Still plowing through Tom's new book and Jillian Michael's book on getting your hormones under control (all those nasty little pests like cortisol, insulin, estrogen, testosterone, etc.) When I'm done I should have a good game plan to go by...

Rhea,

you tweaked my interest with the hormone book. How is it? I could use some help in that department....:eek:

Morning

I think i will get in a nice long powerwalk this morning! My legs are still talking to me and i suspect my back and bics will be later so i will walk this morning and walk the dog this evening. I may do some core work later too. Tomorrow will be a circuit workout.

Has anybody considered purchasing that Go Wear Fit device that seems to be all the rave at the moment? Everyone is losing weight with it...very tempting. But at the same time.....its kinda pricey:confused:. Any thoughts on it?

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is having a good week.

I tried to get on yesterday morning, but the site was down and I couldn’t make it back last night.

The book about the hormones does sound interesting. I may have to get that to add to my collection of books I try to read before bed – then end up falling asleep after reading one page :D, but I eventually get through them!

I read about the GoFit. It does seem to be working for a lot of people. I had thought about purchasing it (whenever I could find enough to money to purchase it), but then when I follow the calorie guidelines in the BFFM book I lose weight. My main issue is following the guidelines - so that seems to be what I need to really work on.

I am going to do STS Disc 10 tonight and try to keep the food in check.

Clintonya

Hi Guys,

I did double cardio from 4DS and abs. I'm still not all that energetic, this week is a little tough for me. But I did it!

I haven't heard about the GoFit, what is it?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.