Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle Cathletic Supporters Week of 5/11

punka274

Cathlete
Morning!

Im getting us started for the week! Today I will do atleast 40mins on the treadmill then some 4DS weights. Ive got tons of laundry to do too:rolleyes:

bbl

Good morning ladies,

I have been doing BFFM on and off for a while and have even posted on your checkin before, although not officially.

Anyone mind if I join your checkin?

Julie

Thanks for the welcome Rhea and Workoutaholic!

Amelia – have fun on the treadmill!

Cendrine – getting to your goal weight is such a great accomplishment! That does sound like a good plan for your calories.

Workoutaholic – Stephanie was my favorite from some of the Firm workouts. How was this workout? Was this one of the ones she was recently working on?

Rhea – Yes, BFFM has really helped me and I am still not following the program as good as I should be.

I am trying to get back to the weight I was last year – have about another 4 pounds to go on that. Then I would like to finally try to lose these last 10 pounds. It has been about a 7 year journey but I have lost about 85 pounds during that time.

I did STS Disc 9 Legs yesterday – so today I am feeling that! Today is a rest day and a dress rehearsal for my daughter’s dance performance. Must finish sewing costumes this afternoon!

Have a great day everyone!

Clintonya

Hi Guys!

I did disk 19 today, it worked me good and I really enjoyed the double wave loads! I should be feeling this tomorrow!

Hey Julie, good to see you back here! How have you been?

Clintonya, I am impressed with your weight loss! Congratulations. After losing so much, the 4 and 10 lbs should seem easy and you can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel! Good luck on the sewing!

Hi everyone else!

Good afternoon!

I think after being totally exhausted most of the time this weekend and with a trial at the end of this week (besides my regular work load, eek!), I'm going to be taking this week off from any workouts. I'm stressing too much about all the things that need to be done.

Well, speaking of which, I guess I should get off this forum and get to work!!! LOL

P.S. Back to better eating today. Even cutting out the dairy products to see if tummy better. :eek:

Have a great week, I'll be lurking.

Hi ladies! Tonight for me was Drill Max, minus the cardio part of the last drill. I love that workout...the wall squats and triceps dips on the stability ball are killer!

Julie, welcome back! We are glad to have you!

Amelia, I saw your post about the kids being up early. Mine is up by 6:30 every day! And this past Sunday it was 5:45! Kids! : )

Clintonya, yep, those are the workouts Stephanie just released on QVC. I really like her moves and her...there are just two flaws I see so far. One is that there just aren't enough reps for some body parts for people who have been exercising for a while. The other is that she adds abs at the end of every workout (within the 20 minutes), which I don't really understand, because one of the DVDs is a core fusion workout. So she cuts out time she could have used to add more reps to the body parts you are supposed to working in the DVD to do a bit of abs. I think you can easily just repeat the workout between the warmup and cooldown minus the abs, and still only workout about 30 minutes. I think I will use these for weeks I am just rundown, sick, or travelling. I think for beginners they are great.

Congratulations on your weight loss - that is incredible! I hope we can help support you here to get to your goal.

Cendrine, hi, and good job on your workouts!

Rhea, Stephanie Huckabee's workouts might be great for you - it's set up as a split, with 20 minutes each day including warmup and cooldown. Good luck with your trial! I am doing almost no dairy, too! Let me know how it works for you.

Goodnight!

so yesterday i ended up doing a 35min run on the TM with some abb work! Today is a full UB workout and i really need to get in some more cardio...my motivation is lacking these past couple of weeks:( really stinks when you have to make yourself workout, im usually ready to go! Maybe a couple of days or rest is in order?

My eating has been ok,im eating my goal in cals everyday,its just that the food isn't 100% clean:(. Oh well, atleast im not going over my cals. and ive been lacking in the vegetable department too:eek:

ok, my self absorbed rant is overwith;):rolleyes: time to go log my cals w/some CLEAN foods...i purchased some yesterday. What kind of snacks do you guys eat? im getting tired of the same old things...

Julie-Welcome Back :)

Clintonya-Congrats on your Weightloss! That is an Awesome achievement!! Im sure you will reach your goal in no time!:)

Workoutoholic- 5:45?.....:confused:. My DS(who just turned 4 and stays at home w/me) usually wakes up around 8ish. Now they both wake up around the same time everyday(6:30)...i love my alone time in the morning, but not anymore:confused: DS will be going to pre-k in sept so i guess him waking up ealier isn't such a bad thing? Great job on DM last night! High fives!

Cendrine-How are the DOMS from disc 19?

Rhea-Enjoy your rest week!

ok...bbl

Good Morning!

Just a quick post for me. I am working on fine tuning my eating. I ahve decided to take one day and prepare my meals ahead of time =, measuring, etc.

It is amazing that going to a hypnotist help me stop obsessive eating. It really worked and that is great!

julie

Cendrine – thanks – and thanks for the encouragement – it has gotten harder as I have gone on – I guess it is less things to change the closer you get – I am hoping BFFM will help with getting rid of the fat in the midsection area. That has been the hardest part and I know that is the unhealthiest place to have the fat.

Are you liking Meso 2?

Rhea – have a good rest week, sound like things have been quite hectic! Good job on the eating – I will use you as motivation!

Workoutaholic – thanks for the support – I need all I can get! Also thanks for the info about the Stephanie workouts and great job with Drill Max. That is a hard one!

Amelia – thanks, I need the encouragement! That is kind of how I have been too – amt of calories is going much better but still not eating all the right stuff! Sometimes a rest can help to get back the motivation.

It was funny a couple of weeks ago I pulled out an old Kathy Smith aerobic workout to try to change it up and get some motivation back - after the laughter both my daughters actually like doing it! I find that snacks are the hardest thing for me. I can do the meals pretty clean, but I am having a really hard time with quick snacks.

Julie – hi, good to “meet” you. I find that preparing meals is helpful. Yesterday the day went by so fast, I didn’t have a chance to get any food together for the evening – so I ended up eating crackers, which of course is not on the plan:D So today I will try to be better and plan better for Thursday when I have to be out late in the evening.

Today will be STS Disc 7 and some kind of abs.

Clintonya

Amelia,

for snacks I usually have yoghurt, berries and oatmeal, in the morning and for afternoon snack I usually have leftover dinner from the night before, which helps me with the veggie quota, because dinner always includes a veggie. If I don't have any leftovers I might indulge in some turkey jerkey (the low sodium no nitrites type) and some vegetable soup (Trader Joes has nice choices) Smoothies are always a nice option too.

Your workout drag may be because you need a rest, or it could be that time in your cycle when you just have less ooompf. I know I get that myself.

Julie, I'm so glad the hypnotist helped!

Hey girls! I got my workout done...did power hour upperbody then CCV2!

Cendrine-Thanks for the suggestions, i will try them! I eat greek yogurt about three times a week(love it) and almonds/fruit...it gets old. I will try the veggie soup and the turkey jerky sounds yummy!

Julie-great thinking planning ahead! I go on a food logging website and log my food for the day...it helps with figuring out the macro's and such! I use to cook big batches of stuff on sunday and freeze them..really easy for on the go snacks/meals!

Clintonya-Im thinking I need to take a rest tommorrow...maybe it will get back some of my lost motivation. Enjoy your workout!!!

Hey to Workoutohlic and Rhea! im off to get some work done around the house...the laundry is never ending:rolleyes:

Morning!

I think i pulled a muscle in my back yesterday :confused: theres a very dull pain on the left side of my middle back area,so needless to say...no workout today!

DH and I had some wine last night while watching the ATL Braves take on the NY Mets...it was so nice. It would of been nicer if they would have won:rolleyes:. Actually they would have won if the umpire's were doing there job:mad:

Anybody else watch baseball? DH and I try to watch/dvr every game of the Braves.
bbl

Last edited:
Sorry about your back Amelia. Try to rest until it feels better. Sounds like you had a fun night:D. We will occasionally watch baseball.

I didn’t get to abs yesterday. I had a migraine and I feel like I have a cold or something. I will try to do those tonight. I am trying to have a good eating today also. Yesterday was better than Monday, but still could have been better.

Hi to everyone! I hope the day is going well!

Clintonya

Morning, Im just popping in to say hey, my back was the first thing i felt when i rolled out of bed this morning:rolleyes: my DH rubbed alot of tightness out of it last night for me but i think its back :( I wish they sold muscle relaxer's over the counter,lol. I will pull out my heating pad and alternate heat and ice on it today....BLAH!

i would love to get in a cardio coach....lets see how the day goes.

bbl

quick post...i did CC v 4...yay! I feel better and i think it actually helped the tightness in my back!:)

Hey to everybody! Off to clean the house...or alteast try:rolleyes:

Hi ladies!

Amelia, don't feel bad. Changing eating habits is sooo hard - just take it step by step and remember every day is a new one - and remember your sig line (ok I just noticed you have no sig line...I could have sworn u had one by Tom Venuto...hehe)...I love it! Do you like hummus? I really like that as a snack - dipping raw veggies in it is great. I used to like small protein shakes as snacks - just a bit of fruit, protein powder, and almond milk. Yum. Glad your back seems better, too!

Julie, glad your hypnotist helped! I am also a recovering obsessive eater. : )

Clintonya, hope you're feeling better.

Hi to everyone else!

Tues. night was Stephanie Huckabee's cardio workout, then last night I did her back/biceps/thighs workout + chest/triceps/abs. Definitely no killer workout, but I was feeling tired and it was perfect. I keep wanting to trade these because they are easier, but I think it will be good to keep them around when I need them.

Hi Guys,

I did double cardio from 4DS and it was good.

I'm pretty busy this week, so not much time for posting.

However, Amelia, I wanted to share what works for me when I get kinks in the back. I up my potassium (the pills are very inexpensive) I take at least 50% worth of them for a few days. Also, magnesium and calcuim taken at night is supposed to help muscles relax, and of course the heating pad you are doing and advil to help the inflammation go down. Massages are wonderful too, but I can't ever get my husband to do it in a way that actually makes it better, he does it way too hard.... :(

Anyway, hi all and good job on trucking along, all of us!

Hello!

Just popping in which I'm waiting here at work for my jury verdict. Yes, it is after five and I still have to wait. I'm rather hungry, but I can't go anywhere since I was a dumb dumb and forgot my cellphone this morning at home. So I have to stick to the office. I'll be foraging through my office to see what I have store....ohh. I just remembered, I do have peanut butter!

Amelia - I watch baseball, but I'm a SF Giants fan. I have not been watching lately, but my DH watches almost every game. I might have to drive to the Bay area tomorrow and get a game in.....

Oh, I got Jilliam Michaels' 30 Day Shred. It looked good and short workouts, just up my alley on my darn busy weeks.

Well, that's all with me for today. I don't want to bore you with much else.....even though I'm sort of bored here. LOL Have a great rest of the evening everyone!

Yesterday was pretty hectic, but I was at least able to keep my calories in check. Work is crazy, had a long dentist appt, and another dress rehearsal last night.

I do have a cold so I am not sure how much of a workout I will get in tonight, but I am going to try to do BM2 (step portion only).

I have the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and I like it.

What % breakdowns for carbs, protein, and fat have you all found to work best?

I probably won’t be posting over the weekend because they have dance performances at 2:00 and 6:00 on Saturday and Sunday, so if I don’t make it back, have a great weekend everyone!!

Clintonya

Hi Clintonya

re your question of macronutrient % : I have experimented doing the one he recommends starting out with (I'm not sure what exactly that was) I did two months of that and then I did 2 months of very low carb and higher fat to compensate the lower carbs. I have not seen a significant change in weight loss from either, it has been pretty steady, which makes me think the calories really matter far more than the composition.... I do however, religiously make sure I get at least 20g of complete proteins in each of my five daily meals. Sometimes it's a bit higher.

Hope that helps!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.