Buff Badgers Week of Sept. 26th

heartymax

Cathlete
Hard to believe that it is count down to the holidays already. Definitely the motivation needed to keep the exercising and eating cleaner going. Don't want to gain those 7 national statistic pounds between Thanksgiving and New Years. As Cathe can say---"We can get through this".

This morning was STS Legs disc 3 since I didn't get it in on Saturday. I have class this evening so I may be dragging by the time I get home.

The Taste of DC is coming up in a few weeks and I have never been. I told DH that I really want to go this year.

Morning Ladies,

Saturday was Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing and Recovery Upper Body. Sunday was a rest day, and this morning was again Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing and the 10 min. Bonus Abs workout. I did add weighted gloves for this mornings workout, and my arms are really sore right now. :eek:

Got my DVD's from exercisetv, and two of the dvd's where not in the slots. Of course they are scratched, but so far the dvd's are playing ok. I will be contacting them about getting replacements. :confused:

heartymax, I'm with you on these holidays coming up on us so fast. :( I don't want to do that 7lb gain either. ;)

Dinner with the in-laws went ok last night, but she made ham. I don't eat a lot of ham because of the salt. Afterwards I could feel the water retention happen. :rolleyes:

Have a great day!

Good morning! It's testing week at school, so I can check in while the kids toil away :p

Friday: Cardio & Weights
Saturday: Rhythmic Step :)D)
Sunday: No workout

I FIT INTO MY SKINNIEST OF SKINNY JEANS! I've been eyeing them up and trying them on now and then, and Friday I got them on and wore them out of the house :) These are Ralph Laurens I got in the Juniors' department years ago (pre-baby!). I thought even if I got below my weight from that time (which I have) I wouldn't be able to get them on because of the "hip spread" from pregnancy, but I did it! Woo-hoo!

I had a good weekend. It looks like DH has a pretty good business opportunity available to him, so we're excited about that. I had a few too many good things to eat over the weekend, though. I've got to get my weekends in order as far as eating. I usually do okay for breakfast and lunch, but blow it at dinner. I'm officially working on the "last ten" pounds, and I know they can be the most stubborn.

Heartymax- Ugh. I hadn't even thought about holiday weight gain. I usually put on about 5 pounds. I can lose it very quickly, but I'd rather not gain in the first place. Thanks for the reminder, maybe if I start thinking about it earlier, I can fend it off.

Laurie- I'm glad your dinner went okay. I love ham, but it makes me feel terrible. Sometimes we'll get hot ham & rolls on Sundays to eat while we watch the Packers, and it tastes great, but I'm always sorry later. Bummer about your discs being scratched. At least they still play, but I hope you can get replacements without much hassle.

Have a great week everyone!

Heartymax - September has flown by! Someone posted on Facebook that they saw SNOW not too far away from where I am! I am really not ready for the S word. I've always wanted to attend a Taste of ______ event but DH doesn't like crowds so we've never been to one.

Laurie - :eek: at using weighted gloves on that Kickbox workout. I just did it this morning and my arms were exhausted after those "flurries" (sp?). I ordered this set, too, and received it on Saturday. Only 1 disc (the main one of course) was out of the sleeve and plays okay so far. Checked but didn't see any scratches.

Sam - YIPEE! on the skinny jeans. :D You go, girl! ;) Great workouts. No wonder you're dong so well.

Susan - I hope you rested and are feeling better. A Packer victory has to help. :D

Had a great (but busy) weekend. Our Varsity football team beat our cross-town rival, went shopping with DD16 and bought her a Homecoming dress, saw some really great Marching Bands at a competition our school hosted (moved indoors because of weather though which was kind of a bummer) and DD had her first solo driving experience without incident. Also watched a really good but disturbing movie about the Holocaust called "The Last Train". It was all in German with subtitles. Everyone knows about the atrocities at the concentration camps but I never thought about what it was like in those train cars on the way to the camps.

I did 10PSDX Total Body and Bonus Buns yesterday. This morning was Kickbox. Don't know if I'll stick to the 4 week rotation. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
Hi All!

This weekend I did a 5.5 mi run Sat. Sun is my rest day and today I did GS C&T. I think I'll do the GS for a month's rotation and then we'll see. Did Cardio Core Circuit last week and WOWZA... I forgot how tough that is. I realize how your body can get used to something. all summer I've been running and now doing something else...:eek::eek:

Sue, sounds like you've been getting some good workouts in. Homecoming time already:eek: Ours is this weekend...crazy week at school!

Sam, congrats on the jean! That's a great feeling. I am with you on the weekend eating thing. I think I just relax in everything!

Laurie, nice workouts...are those Jillian?

Heartymax....don't remind us of the holidays...I'm still getting my head around fall!!! I like STS legs...did plyo the other day.

Yesterday I did Jari's Slim & Lean. I've been doing lots of Jari workouts lately, but I always "feel it" the next day, particularly in the upper body.

This weather sure is yucky. I took the dog for his walk anyway this morning (Tuesday is my day), and he got really wet :)

Sue- Sounds like you had a very fall-like weekend. It makes me wish I had football games to go to.

Lala- I hear nothing but "WOWZA" about CCC. I don't think I'm ready for it. :p

Speaking of things I'm not ready for, I watched the clip for Afterburn several times yesterday, and I'm pretty sure I can't do it :eek: These workouts look great though, and I'm really excited to try them. Maybe Cathe can take these last 10 pounds off... (though it sounds like I should let Chris Freytag do that :) ) In any case, they may help to keep that holiday weight off.

Have a great day, everyone!

Morning Ladies,

10lb SD Xtreme Total Body and Core. Really worked the body good this morning, these two combined total 80 min. Cami and I didn't have a long walk, just didn't want to get wet again this morning. :eek:

Sam, Congrats on getting into those skinny jeans! Weekends are really hard on the eating for me also. I need to keep myself busy so that i don't start snacking. :) Chris would be happy to help with those 10 lbs. ;)

Sue, Sounds like a great weekend for you children on the sports and band. This rain is really putting a damper on a lot of things. ;) Our homecoming is this week, and youngest is having a lot of fun. This morning she didn't go as a cartoon character, because she just didn't want to. I was surprised that my arms where not sore this morning, but I plan on using the weighted gloves again. It does tend to slow my movement down on those flurries though. ;)

Lala, I'm on a Chris Freytag roll yet, it will be ending next week though. Then I'm starting a combo of S90 weights, and other instructors for cardio. I was thinking of CCC when doing the core workout of Chris's this morning, and really enjoying Chirs's version more. CCC has a dread factor for me. :confused:

Have a great day!

Lala - It's been awhile since I did CCC but I remember having to pause quite a bit to catch my breath. Yep, Homecoming Week = Crazy!

Sam - I watched the Afterburn clip, too and it reminded me that I need to get a carpet remnant to put over my puzzle mats. I'm hoping some of those moves are easier once you try them (might be wishful thinking on my part ;)).

Laurie - Last year DD dressed up in crazy costumes during Homecoming Week but I disappointed her yesterday when I didn't have anything 80s to share. :rolleyes: I got rid of that stuff a long time ago. Who knew I'd ever need it? I feel it in my back today from Kickbox yesterday. Definitely glad I didn't try the gloves or I'd be even more sore.

This morning I did 10PSDX Lower Body Xtreme and Bonus Abs.

Sue---it's homecoming time already! That is always a fun time.

Sam---I haven't watched any of the clips yet. The title Afterburn itself sounds like a killer. I hope the DVDs are shipping soon. Congrats on fitting into your skinny jeans. That must have been one awesome moment when you zipped he zipper:D

lala--- GS triceps are a burner.....my tri's hurt for days when I do that one.

Laurie---I love ham, but I don't eat it much. It is one of those special occassions dinner items. It is good though.

No workout today. My hamstrings, quads, buttocks are some kind of sore today from STS legs yesterday. Cathe is definitely on to something with those sliding discs. I don't think anything makes me sore like STS legs. It reaches the muscles like no other.

I had a periodontal procedure this morning. Pain is not so bad right now---then again, the meds have not worn off. I hope to get plenty of rest and be up and ready to go in the morning.

Good Morning Ladies. My hamstrings are still sore. I guessI am paying the price for easing up on my leg work after my shins were hurting this summer.

This morning was STS Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. Have a great day ladies.

Morning Ladies,

10lb SD Xtreme Yoga for me today!

Sue, I don't have anything 80's either. :D Probably could have found something from Salv Army or something like that. I guess all you would need is something with shoulder pads. :eek: How are your legs feeling today. I know when I have done that lower body, I'm sore the next day. ;)

heartymax, I feel for you on the sore legs. ;) WTG on those STS workouts.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi ladies! I'm back!;) We have been crazy at work and when I get home the last thing I want to do is sit at the computer! My weekend was busy but good. Saturday I ran 5 miles and Sunday Ruby and I took a very brisk 45mn power walk. Monday I did S90 Tabata (LOVE IT!) and Tuesday I overslept so I did a walk/jog with Ruby and then got on the elliptical while watching Biggest Loser! Today was S90 Ultimate Ball. I really like this one too. I am getting better and better at those pikes! I am still fighting this cold but today I officially think it's on it's way out! Finally!

Sam, congrats on the skinny jeans!:D I was watching my DD shimmy into hers the other day and I told her God blessed me with too round of a booty to get into those. I won't even try! The weekends are tough for me as well. I just try to stay as busy as I can. My downfall is enjoying a few brews with DH during football...

Heartymax, I too have been thinking about the holidays. I am already planning out my workouts, etc to help keep me in line. I also want to keep running (even if it's snowing) during this season. Last year as soon as the snow fell, I stopped. Hope your mouth is feeling better!

Laurie, glad you are enjoying the new workouts. Sorry to hear a few were not in the best of shape! I Love ham, but it doesn't love me either. I just try to drink a lot of water and flush it out!:p

Sue, we had homecoming week here last week. My DD also approached me about 80"s wear and I too, did not have anything. She wasn't too bummed about it though. She chose not to go to the dance this year.

HI Lala!
HI Karen!

Have a great day! Susan

Good morning! Yesterday I did LIS/HIS, a wonderfully fun time as usual.

My eating has been better this week since the INSANE hunger I had with pms the last week or so finally went away, but these school treats are getting to me. I just ate a mini whoopie pie that one of my students brought in (yes, it was delicious!), and there's always little fun size candy bars and bags of m&m's in the office. This after a whole summer of very little sugar... at least in chocolate form. I also have an intense urge to bake apple pies...

Went to the co-op last night and got some beautiful local apples (speaking of apples). I just love fall.

Susan- I should clarify that these were not skinny "cut" jeans but my jeans from the last time I was skinny :D I haven't had the courage to try skinny cut jeans yet. I also enjoy a beer (or three) during the football game.

Sue- I think the things that are stylish for teenagers now are much more 80's than anything in my closet! I do miss the frosted jeans and scrunchies, though ;)

Heartymax- Yes, it was an awesome feeling. I had been trying them on from time to time for a few months. It was great to finally get them over my hips and zipped!

Laurie- How is the extreme yoga? Is it tough? I think I've accepted that athletic-style yoga is more my speed.

Have a great day, everyone!

Laurie - Now that you mention it, my legs are feel a little wobbly today. :) I actually had a blazer with shoulder pads DD tried on but it was way too big for her. She wore a polo shirt with the collar up and sunglasses. Sounds like they had some really crazy outfits.

Heartymax - Speaking of sore hamstrings, the new Cathe workouts look like more DOMS ahead. :eek:

Susan - Don't forget snow shoveling! I've worn my HR monitor and when we get a good heavy snow, shoveling burns tons of calories. Glad to hear you are enjoying S90.

Sam - All the little treats here at work are my downfall, too. It seems someone is always having a birthday, anniversary, whatever and bringing in something yummy. Plus the candy dish is always full.

This morning I did the same workout Laurie did - 10PSDX Xtreme Yoga/Stretch. It was my first time and I thought it was very doable for a yoga novice like me. Had to wipe the sweat off my face several times so a good calorie burner, too.

Today DD has a Powderpuff Football game. She's a running back and backup QB. The girls play and the boys cheer. Wish I could watch but it's right after school.

Sam----I am laughing at the frosted jeans. Oh do I remember them well:D How are the planks coming?

Susan--what day does Biggest Loser come on? I have never watched an entiere season. I did watch the last few episodes of last season. Maybe I should try recording it and watch on the weekends when there is not a good movie on Lifetime:rolleyes:

Sue- Hope your DD had a blast in the football game. That is something I will always remember. My mom didn't give me permission to play in the powerpuff football game and I really wanted to play. I got my olderbrother to sign my permission slip so I could play...:eek:......Luckily I didn't get hurt because my mother would have killed both of us.

Hi Laurie!

Today was Hiit 30/30 followed by a segment of Ab Hits. My buttocks was sore trying to do the leg extensions in the warm up. Also, who told Cathe to have tuck jumps right after air jacks. I can barely jump after air jacks........so don't even think about tucking.

Good morning! Today was a 4.5 mile run. Would like to do a lil' bit of pilates later.

Heartymax, Biggest Loser is on Tuesdays from 7-9 pm. I enjoy it. They have 2 new trainers this season since Jillian left the show. They have Anna Kournikova (tennis) who I do not really like and some black guy that I DO really like! I hope he stays around.

Sue, how could I forget about snow shoveling?:p I want to buy myself a HR monitor. I have been looking at them a lot lately.

Sam, if your intense urge to bake apple pies continues, you can bake me one! :D

Have a great day ladies! Susan

Morning Ladies,

Not feeling all that well this morning, so I'm planning on getting in my workout after work. 10lbSD Xtreme Kickboxing, Bonus Buns and Bonus Abs will be my workout once I'm home. ;)

Susan, I was going to ask you how your new job was going, guess busy is the word. ;) They have some new BL workout DVD's that have the new trainers in them. One of them is kickboxing, just wonder how that one will be. Glad you are enjoying those S90 workouts. :)

Sue, That sounds like a good 80's outfit also. They are selling leg warmers too, but not in those spectacular colors that we used to enjoy. :eek: I like the yoga workout also, doesn't drain your body trying to do vinyasa after vinyasa. ;)

Sam, The yoga isn't the toughest yoga that I have ever done, but yes it does make you sweat as Sue said. She doesn't do anything that is hard except for one move that i don't even attempt. Overall it is athletic power yoga, and stretching. Mmmmm apple pie..... :p Now I want that and apple crisp with vanilla ice cream. :eek:

heartymax, LOL about the 30/30 jumps/jacks! She is evil. ;) I love your attitude.

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning! I was feeling really sluggish yesterday and didn't get in a workout.

Heartymax- My feeling about tuck jumps is similar. I do kind of a modified tuck, more like the "rock star" jumps that Jillian does. Or I just kind of stand there and gasp :p Planks are going okay. I haven't been timing them like I should, I just try to make sure to do a couple sets every day.

Sue- Powderpuff! I didn't play in high school, but I did in college and loved it! I remember smearing mascara under our eyes to look tough. So much fun! I hope she had a good time.

Susan- I might have to break down and bake a couple this weekend. I normally hate baking, but rolling out crust and slicing apples is somehow therapeutic to me. It's DH's grandma's 98th birthday this weekend. That deserves a pie, right?

Laurie- I think I need to put this set on my very loooonng wishlist. It sounds great, and that sounds like my style of yoga. I think Cathe's yogas should be right up my alley, too.

Hoping to get in a circuit workout of some kind today. I've been asked to sub tomorrow afternoon, which makes a workout questionable, which means I MUST get one in today, especially after missing yesterday.

The weekend's almost here! Have a great day.

Sam---have fun celebrating grandma's 98th bday. Yes! She deserves apple pie and anything else wants.....and you can have a slice too:D

Laurie---hope you are feeling better today. Not very much can keep you down....you are so dedicated!

Susan---The show last 2 hours. Oh my! That is a long time.

Today was STS Back and Triceps. I should get in my leg workout this weekend. Have a great one!

Morning Ladies,

TGIF!!! Got my kickboxing, leg and ab workout done last night, and I used weighted gloves for the kb workout. This morning was again 10lb SD Xtreme Kickboxing (without the gloves ;)), and the Recovery Core.

Sam, That is probably the proper term for how I was feeling yesterday "sluggish". ;) If you get the whole set, they you will get two yoga workouts, one that is 40 min. and the other 20 min. I have not done the 20 min. one yet, but plan on adding it in sometime this next month. Hope you where able to get your workout in. Happy 98th b'day to your DH's grandmother.

heartymax, Have a good weekend yourself! :cool: Enjoy your leg torture. :eek: I'm guessing that will be an STS one, so yes it will be torture. :D

Have a great weekend everyone!​

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.