Buff Badgers Week of Oct. 3rd

heartymax

Cathlete
Hope everyone had a great weekend. The weather was cool with some rain throughout the weekend. Saturday was STS Legs and this morning was STS chest, biceps and shoulders. I subbed some planks for the drop set of push ups. I just couldn't take anymore pushups and felt like I barely had enough strength to hold the plank.

Good morning!

I had a busy weekend, but got some things accomplished.

Friday was no workout. Saturday I did the timesaver premix of Muscle Max. I did repeat a couple sets anyway because I found I hadn't gone heavy enough with the first set.

Sunday was a 30 minute run/walk. It was such a beautiful day, I had just gotten new shoes, and I couldn't resist. Running is so hard. I don't know if it will ever become a habit for me :)

Heartymax- Push ups are so tough. I used to think I had trouble with them because I had a weak chest, but I think it's really my core and shoulders that can't take the strain after awhile.

I've got another busy week ahead of me. I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon during what is normally my workout time, so I have to be sure to get something in today.

DH has officially partnered with one of his coworkers and her husband to start their own business. He's really excited, and they seem to be reasonably sure they will be successful enough to quit their current jobs within a year. This is a really big deal for my DH. He's wanted to work for himself as long as I've known him but has had trouble finding the right idea and stable business partners.

I'm excited for myself as well. DH thinks I should be able to quit my job as well, and either work for the business from home or not at all. I've wanted to stay at home ever since getting pregnant. Here's hoping things go at least close to as planned! I wouldn't even mind having a part-time job in the evenings, but I'm getting burned out with teaching. It should be an exciting time for us.

Have a great week, everyone.

Morning Ladies,

I'm off of work this week due to lay-off. I'm cool with it! ;) Already this morning I have gotten the wall paper out of the girls bathroom, just need to wash the glue off and then planning on heading outside to pick up walnuts that are all over the ground.

My workouts:

Sat: Xtreme Kickboxing, Bonus Abs
Sun: Xtreme Total Body
Mon: Xtreme Lower Body, Recovery Lower Body

heartymax, WTG on those STS workouts! I don't like push-ups either, so don['t blame you one bit for subbing planks.

Sam, Congrats to your DH, and wonderful that it is so great for you family. ;) Good job on the walk/run. You either love it or hate it, I'm one of those that is so/so on running. Love doing it when I'm in the groove, but when it isn't going well then I can't stand it. :D

Have a great day everyone!

HI there! Sorry I failed to post yesterday! My weekend was busy. I overslept by 2 hours :)eek:) on Saturday and then spent the rest of the day running errands and catching up! Sunday I mowed the lawn, walked Ruby for 45mn and did some ab work. Monday was S90 Cardio Challenge. Today was a 4.5 mile run in 39.3 minutes.

Heartymax, if I do too many pushups my shoulders really ache. Good idea to sub in plank work! Hey, whatever works!

Sam, I can hear the excitement in your post for this new job in your family! How wonderful it will be if/when it all works out!:D As for running...that's one of those forms of exercise you either like or don't. I go through phases and right now apparently, I really like it!;) But come December/January.. I might not!

Have a great day ladies! The weather is just gorgeous here!

Stay strong~ Susan

Good morning!

Yesterday I did 4DS Bootcamp/bi's & tri's. I've been doing low weight/high rep stuff so much lately that I found myself not grabbing heavy enough weights. I've decided to do 4DS for at least a couple weeks to change things up. I think the 4DS workouts are the only true heavy weights workouts I own.

My shins still hurt from attempting to run on Sunday :confused:

I unexpectedly got to sleep in a bit this morning; it was delicious :D

Laurie- Enjoy your week off. Whenever I get time off I never get anything done, but it looks like you've got a great start already.

Hello to everyone else!

Morning Ladies,

Xtreme Lower Body, Recovery Lower Body and Bonus Abs for me. Painting project slowed down because of DH not having the proper items for finishing up some touch up items. ;) Today is just clean the house day I guess. Not my favorite thing to do. No vehicle either, because it is in the shop getting it's tune up or something like that. :D So I'm stranded her until DH gets home.

Susan, Sounds like your body needed some rest. ;)

Sam, I need to keep myself busy or I start looking for things to eat because I'm bored. :eek: Probably why it is a good thing that I work. LOL Stretch out those shins, hope they start feeling better. WTG on those 4DS workouts, they are some tough ones.

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning! I'm checking in quickly before my morning faculty meeting. No workout yesterday, as I anticipated. DS is sick and home with DH this morning. I feel guilty having DH miss a morning of work, but I'd feel guilty sending DS to the sitter's all drippy and gross, too. Hopefully he'll be much better tomorrow. Despite a yucky nose and a gunky-sounding cough, he's plenty cheerful :)

Everyone must be having a busy week, I keep having to go to page two to find us! Have a great day, everyone!

Hello there! Today was S90 Core. It was fun but I felt like I needed more so when I took Ruby for her walk I made her run! She enjoyed it - for the most part! ;)

Sam, I hope you DS feels better soon. So much stuff going around this time of the year!

Laurie, hope you enjoying your week off! Boy, I would love that!:D

Stay strong~

Susan

Hi! can´t believe it´s Wednesday already! I´m still doing the GS along with running and some STS legs or whatever I feel like in the leg dept!

Today was GS legs with the premix...sometimes I think an hour + of legs is overkill...plus I did a run yesterday!

Laurie, hope you´re enjoying the week off. I feel like you that work keeps me away from too much food! Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy!

Susan, I´m impressed with your running times!! Nice job!

Sam, I really like 4DS and that might be my next rotation. Hope things work out well for DH and his new business venture. Can you tell us what it is??;)

Heartymax, drop sets are tough! So are planks!!

Hi Karen and Sue!

Yesterday I did LIS+Heavy Shoulders and Calves (skipped the core work for some planks). I'm really feeling it in my calves today!

Lala- Thanks for the good wishes. It is an aquisition service / software venture. It's hard to explain, but DH is the software part. He's already working hard on the website and writing the code for the program.

Susan- DS is feeling better. DH seems to have a touch of it, but he's okay. I think I probably brought it home from school. I feel bad because I don't just get my family sick, but the sitter's as well :confused: Meanwhile, with my superhuman teacher-immunity... I'm feeling just fine.

Hello Heartmax! Hello Laurie!

Have a great day everyone.

Hello there! Well, today I overslept so looks like I'll be hitting the elliptical machine after work!:p I just had no deisre to move from my bed today!

Hey Lala! I am excited cause I bought new Nike running shoes today! :) They seem to have a more rugged sole to help me when I am running in the snow/ice! Yes, 1 hour of legs is alot! That's why I like either s90 or p90x legs cause they are a bit shorter.

Sam, glad DS is feeling better! Calves are one body part I do not like to train. I tend to gloss over them since I run, walk, jump etc, I don't think they need any more work!:p

Have a great day ladies! Man, laurie, you got a beautiful week to be laid off!!

Susan

Hiit 30/30 and Drill Max cardio the last two days. Hoping for STS tomorrow if I am dragging. Sorry---I am rushing . It has been a long day.

I just had a post that went away! :mad: Guess that is what I get for breathing in to many primer fumes. I'm not feeling quite myself right now. :eek:

Yesterday was Xtreme Kickboxing. Today was Xtreme Total Body and Xtreme Yoga.

Sam, Glad to hear that your DS is doing better. Keep up the good work with 4DS.

Susan, Congrats on the new running shoes. I think I need to go back to work to rest. :D

Lala, I hope that I can get this painting done by tomorrow morning. Want to take the youngest shopping to pick out the shower curtain and accessories. I'm sure that she will have fun with that.

heartymax, WTG on getting in those workouts.

Have a great day!

Yesterday I ddi 4DS Kickboxing/Legs. I love that kickboxing workout; I should really do it more often. It packs a punch (pun not intended) in 30 minutes.

I feel like my superhuman immunity is breaking down today. I've got a tickle in my throat that I think is DS's cold :mad:

Laurie- Don't inhale too much primer :p Good luck on getting all that painting done.

Susan- This was, I think, the first time I've ever bothered to do the whole calves segment. I think I'm going to go back to skipping it. The soreness is making my other workouts not as fun and I'm pretty sure with all the step I do, I work them enough.

Heartymax- You sound busy! I'm glad to see you could squeeze in a workout.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

No workout for me yet, but the bathroom is painted. :cool: Will be doing Xtreme Kickboxing and Recovery Lower Body in a bit.

Sam, Sorry to hear that your super immunity is breaking down. Hurry get away from the Kriptonite! :eek: Hope you don't get that bug.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Good day! Today I actually woke up before my alarm!:D I did S90 Total Body and then at the end I added extra bi and tri work cause he doesn't do much !

Tomorrow I hope to run 6 miles and then tackle the rest of my basment organizing. I want to get all my chores done too so I can spend Sunday being lazy!:eek:

Sam, hope your bug goes away really fast! My DH is getting the same thing.

Laurie, I bet your DD is going to love picking out new stuff! I know mine would! Enjoy your last few days off!

Hi Sue! Sounds like you've been busy!

Hi Heartymax! Hi Lala! Have a great weekend!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.