Buff Badgers Week of Oct. 24th

heartymax

Cathlete
Hello Ladies! Hope everyone had a great weekend. We had plenty of sunshine and temps in the 60's so it was nice on my end. Today was the start of Meso 2 chest, shoulders and triceps.

I am eagerly waiting for the new workouts. Not sure if I will put STS aside or do the cardio workouts and continue with STS. I am looking forward to the sound of the doorbell from UPS one evening in the next few days. It could be today. I can't wait.

Morning Ladies,

Had a very nice weekend, but last nights storm took some shingles off the roof of our garage. :(

Here are my workouts for the weekend:
Sat: Tabata Inferno :D
Sun: StretchX
Mon: Nothing so far, DH was doing a snore-athon last night! Nuff said on that one. :confused: When I get home it will be S90 Shoulders & Arms and a stretch segment from Total Body Stretching.

heartymax, Have fun with the new workouts. I'm sure they will be more appealing than doing workouts that you have already done. ;)

Have a great day.

Good morning. My workouts were:

Friday- Step Blast (I liked it even more this time!)
Saturday- Step, Jump and Pump (My first time with this one. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but it was a good one. The weight segments reminded me of Jari Love stuff, and I thought the hi-lo was fun.)
Sunday- Functional upper body and ab work (raking leaves :D)

Eating was good until Sunday, and then... wow. I don't even know what happened. DH was working out of town ALL day, didn't get home till 11, and apparently, when left to my own devices, I eat like a pig. I still feel gross and haven't eaten anything yet today.

Heartymax- I can't wait for these workouts! I need firewalker bands, though. I think I'm going to order some today. I know I can tie the ones I have, but I want the loops.

Laurie- That storm last night was crazy! I hope you're able to make repairs without too much hassle. Sorry you had rough night of sleep. :(

I've got a short work week because of teacher conferences, plus the new workouts come! It should be a great week! I have to recommit (again :rolleyes:) to squeaky clean eating. I may not lose the weight I want to this season, but I don't want to gain any, either. I'll have plenty of outside opportunities to cheat, I certainly don't have to do it to myself.

Have a great day!

Heartymax - I can't wait for the new workouts, too! My choice is easier since I'm not in the middle of anything so I plan on diving in right away.

Laurie - I can relate to the DH Snore-a-Thon. I get treated to that at least once a week. Last night's storm was LOUD! I saw some crazy lightening when I was on my walk so I knew it was coming.

Sam - The cardio in SJP is so fun. Makes a great add-on, too. I need to get back in the clean-eating routine again, too. I've been dealing with a lot of family issues that has me stressed out but those aren't going away anytime soon so I need to learn how to cope without food.

DH and I went for a walk on Friday night. Friday was actually a good day eating-wise. Nothing on Saturday. Went for a 1 mile walk last night. This morning I did KCM Split Sessions Upper Body.

The next level of football playoffs is against my alma mater in the city where I grew up. How wierd is that? My nephew's cousin actually plays on the team so he isn't sure who he'll cheer for. Trying to arrange to meet up with an old friend from high school and some siblings for a little tailgate party beforehand. DS will be sorry he has to miss it.

Hello there! Those weekends just go by way too fast!

Saturday: 5 mile run
Sunday: yard work, cleaning, walk Ruby
Monday: S90 Cardio Challenge

Had to fast until 9:30 am today cause I had a doctor appt with lab work. Man was I hungry!:confused:

Heartymax, I hope you have fun with the new workouts! :D It's always fun to get new stuff in the mail! Like Christmas!

Laurie, sorry about DH's snoring. Mine gets like that every so often as well. Enjoy your workout tonight!

Sam, so glad you are liking your new workouts! Step Blast is just so much fun! Enjoy your short week. My kids don't get those 2 days off this year.:(

Sue, I too tend to stress eat. I even tell myself to stop but my hands don't listen to my brain and they just keep shoveling it in!:eek:

I needed to get more sleep this weekend but I was too darn busy! Now I am already pooped! DD has a choir and band performance tonight. Hope it's not too long!;)

Take care- Susan

Sam I thought about you this morning as I got my groove on with Rhythmic Step. That is one fun workout. I added on a segment of Abs from Butts and Gutts and now I am tired. Arms are sore from upper body yesterday and that's a good feeling. Meso 2 is known to make me sore.

Laurie--we have had our share of storms on my end too, but none lately. Hope you don't have too much damage. We had our entire roof replaced last year due to hail storm damage.

Sam--I can't wait to try the sliding discs. I wasn't going to buy the workouts at first because only a few of them appealed to me. Then I realized, if Cathe sells the sliding discs for $20 and I buy 3 DVD separately then I would spend the same amount so I decided to just buy the series.

Sue---there is always some football excitement your way! Have fun and enjoy the game. I understand stress eating and like many others, I try not to. I got so frustrated last week at work and next thing I knew I had eaten 2 fun size almond joys.

Susan----Speaking of Christmas, I think I would like a spin bike but I don't know if I want to spend the $ of ask DH to spend the money. I have done some research on the forum of bikes others recommend.

Our family is planning to take a big vacation next year so we are budgeting tightly for the holidays. I have a christmas savings but I am thinking of putting at least half toward vacation fund. We are looking at a Carribean island vacation and we are excited as this will be our first.

Have a great day!

Good morning!

No workout yesterday, either. It was the first day of TOM and I just didn't feel up to it. I planted some daffodils instead.

But, I got my new workouts!!! I'm excited to try one today. I'll either do Slide and Glide or Athletic Training, depending on my energy level. I hear Athletic Training is pretty tough. I previewed Afterburn... hoo boy. Cathe can barely catch her breath! This does not bode well for me :confused:

Sue- I'm sorry to hear you're having family stresses. I hope things get better for you sooner than you think they will. I know how easy it is to cope with food.

Heartymax- Ah, Rhythmic Step, how I love it! Despite having a pile of new workouts to try this afternoon, it's still tempting to pull that one out. I'm surprised by how large the discs are. I'm looking forward to trying them out, but I'm not sure they're going to slide as well on my carpet as they do on hard flooring. If anything else, I know good old fashioned paper plates work :)

Susan- Sorry your kids don't get the short week! I like having a couple days off of teaching... but sometimes conference isn't the most fun thing either. I'm signed up for interesting sectionals this year, so we'll see how it goes.

Have a great day, everyone!

HI gang! I didn't sleep well last night and overslept this morning. So I will be getting on the elliptical during Biggest Loser tonight!;) I would not have ran anyway since it was raining...

Heartymax, I have never tried spinning. I have friends that love it and one is an instructor. I am just not big on biking.

Sam! So exciting that you got the workouts! Afterburn sounds rough, especially if Cathe is winded! :eek:

Typical fall day here, rainy, cool and windy! Wish I could stay home!

Have a great day! Stay strong ~Susan

Morning Ladies,

This morning was a walk in the rain :confused:, S90 Chest & Back and S90 Ultimate Ball. :D I did get my workout in last night also.

Sam, Have fun with those new workouts. ;) I'm with you on the not wanting to gain weight during the holiday season.

Sue, They are just moving along in the playoffs. That is cool, hope your DS is having a great time. I always told my DD to appreciate every chance that you get, your team may not get this experience again. Have fun going back to your old school. ;)

Susan, That is hard to fast for that long. I had to do that for our health insurance test, I ate in that car on the way to work. Good thing that DH was driving. :D Last night DH was having a hard time sleeping, but it wasn't because I was snoring. :eek:

heartymax, Sounds like a great vacation, DH and I went on vacation in that area once. Such great weather. :D You should be getting your new workouts soon too!

Have a wonderful day!

Just finished Slide and Glide and it was fun. The discs will take awhile to get used to but I did better than I thought I would. Worked a lot of inner thigh muscles so will probably be sore tomorrow. For some reason I thought this one would have more cardio. Some interesting new moves. Loved how she used the discs in the cool down stretch.

Hi! Thanks for the bday wishes...had a great weekend, which included lots of yard work and a 5is mile run. Sounds a lot like your weekend, Susan!

I finished my rest week and had a run and today GS. Got the downloads and the DVDs, but have been so busy I've only previewed one of them.

Sue, I'm not sure which one I'll do first...was thinking about the biking one tomorrow, but it looks like it will be a nice day, so I think I'll run after school.

Laurie, I see you got your Monday workout in...plus a walk in the rain...that is something I really don't care for and the only thing that gets me out in the rain is walking Tank:eek:

Heartymax, have you tried any of the new workouts yet?

Sam, yes, afterburn was the one I previewed and I was surprised to see Cathe so out of breath!
Can't wait to try it!

Morning Ladies,

Got KCM's 30MTF Kickboxing Premix (53 min.) finished this morning. Will be a quiet night when I get home. DD14 has the next two days off, so she is headed to her gf's house after school today. :D Guess DH and I will have a dinner for two tonight. :)

Sue, How do those slide n glides work on your matting? I have the matting an was wondering how they would work. Glad you enjoyed the workout.

Lala, That is the only think that would get me out in the rain also. Our dog needs to have at least two walks a day. She doesn't seem to want to do her "business" unless she is walking around. :rolleyes: I don't mind to much, but when you come back in the house with soaked hair, that isn't fun.

Have a great day!

Good morning! I did Slide & Glide yesterday. I agree with Sue that it really worked my inner thighs. I also have doms in my shoulders from being in plank so much. It was fun to do something different. My discs didn't work as well as I would have liked on my carpet (I have a cheapie that I put over my puzzle mats). But later, I got an idea on the VF forums to tape some wax paper to the bottom and they ended up much more slippery! I'm looking forward to using them again.

I also did the first express premix of Yoga Relax last night. It was... relaxing :D I felt like going straight to bed afterward. Someone should make a yoga video where you spend the entire time in corpse pose :p

Sue- I was expecting more cardio, also. Overall, I think it's a great video for one of those days when I have a tough circuit on the schedule, but just can't muster the energy for it.

Laurie- Enjoy a couple quiet evenings with your DH. My dog should probably have two walks a day, with all his energy, but it's too hard to get the time to do it.

Susan and Lala- Yes, I'll be saving Afterburn for a weekend, I think :D I've read people on the forums saying it was tough, but not killer, so that gives me hope. In any case, it seemed weird, even during Slide & Glide, to be out of breath without a step and without jumping.

DH has been working crazy hours. He's got 40 hours in this week and it's only Wednesday! He spent half the night on the couch again last night, near his computer, wating for a call from the server-guy (I don't know what else to call him). I feel bad for him.
But, because he worked on Sunday, he's taking tomorrow off. I'm looking forward to sleeping in a little with having teacher's conference very close to my house and not having to get DS to the sitter's so early. Plus, DS will get to spend the day with daddy, which he loves.

Have a great day, everybody!

Hi! I over slept again today!:eek: Dh said he saw me turn off my alarm but I have no memory of it! LOL! Anyway I will be doing P90X Shoulders & Arms followed by Ab ripper X after work.

My elliptical workout last night was fun. Tough but fun! I like doing it when Biggest Loser is on.

Laurie, enjoy your quiet evening. Oh, how I long for one (or 2) of those! :)

Sue, Glad you liked the new workout. :) Now keep us postedon the others!

Lala, glad to hear from you again! Are you running a Turkey Trot again this year? I plan to sign up this weekend. Hopefully I will better my time from last year.

Have a great day ladies! Susan

Lala - I don't have a spin bike so didn't get Cycle Max. Maybe sometime in the future after the kids have moved out I can convert one of their bedrooms into a workout room and then I'll have room for treadmill, elliptical or whatever. You don't need to preview Slide 'n Glide because the moves are easy enough (in case you're trying to save some time).

Laurie - The sliding discs didn't slide well AT ALL on my puzzle mats! Luckily, I have carpet underneath so I pulled up 9 mats (3x3) and that gave me enough room. I also didn't use the covers which I'm glad I didn't need because those kept falling off. It would be nice to have a velcro strap to keep your feet on the discs. I had a little trouble with that and had to keep readjusting.

Sam - I was surprised how high my heart rate climbed, too, in the cardio portion of S&G. I was expecting more lower body work but maybe that's intentional because of the Barre workout. Enjoy sleeping in the next couple of days! I'll be one of the few people at work. Everyone else is taking off because of their kids but mine are old enough to stay home alone. Tell your DS I sympathize. I've actually taken my cell phone to bed and closed my eyes waiting for a call back. It's such a relief when you can finally go to bed and sleep peacefully (if you can settle down your mind that is!)

Susan - I think your body is trying to tell you to get your rest. ;) Yes, I will be sure to keep you posted on the other workouts. I'm also anxious to hear what other people think.

Not real sore today but my muscles can tell they worked out. Starting to feel a little DOMS in my glutes. Haven't worked out yet today but should be able to do something tonight. Might try another Cathe dvd.

Got my workouts yesterday and briefly previewed slide and glide. After reading your comments I knew not to expect too much cardio and was disappointed. This morning I decided to do the slide and glide cardio portion only followed by some planks. The workout is really fun and I can see myself reaching for it. I watched the ab section last night but didn't do it today. I did planks instead but the ab section does look like fun. I wish Cathe had made S&G a full cardio workout. Now that I am thinking----I didn't check out the premix option so I wonder if she has a double cardio premix option. The workout has some fun moves. I surprised myself with being able to do the push ups and sliding my legs out at once. Those mountain climbers are always a killer for me.

Have a great day everyone!

Morning Ladies,

Was energetic last night, and being the only one home, decided to get in S90 Legs and 10lb Slimdown Lower Body. :D Felt great. This morning was S90 Shoulders & Arms along with 10lb Slimdown Yoga.

Sam, I have not looked at the clips for the yoga, probably should do that. Not like I need more yoga DVD's, but I sure do like having variety. Corpse pose is so relaxing. ;) DH and I did have a nice evening when he finally got home. ;)

Susan, I like watching TBL OnDemand. They skip all the commercials. :) Once those kids of your are older, you seem to get more and more of those evenings for two. :D

Sue, Thanks for the info on the discs. I don't have carpeting underneath. :confused: So did you have a chance to get in another one of those new workouts? I like hearing what you all think. ;)

heartymax, I wouldn't be surprised that she has a premix like that. :D Mountain climbers with those discs could be interesting.

Have a great day!

Hello there! today was a 4.5 mile run. The deer were all over the place. One jumped out literally right in front of my face!:eek: Scared the crap out of me! If I had been running faster, she would have knocked me down! Then a little baby one ran out a little farther up the block.There were 3 others on a different block! So I decided I need to make a different route for now, at least until the "mating" season is over. Then they won't be running as much. No more running by fields or forests!

Laurie, you really worked the lower half last night! any soreness today?;)

Heartymax, glad you got your dvd's. I have finally mastered mountain climbers, but would never want to do them with discs! How does that work? Do the discs strap to your shoes?

You all have a great day! Susan

Meso 2 Back and Biceps this morning. Meso 2 continues to be my favorite of the Mesos. My triceps are still sore from the other day. I did about 5 minutes of Yoga Max after that. I am not a yoga person, maybe one day I will get into it.

Laurie ---I will likely check to see if that double cardio premix exists. Glad you are feeling extra energetic these days.

Susan---no straps on the glide discs. They just have a cover on them which I took off. They slide a little better than my frisbee, but that could be because they are new. The moves are actually not bad at all. I was wondering how in the world I would manage with 2 discs, but it is actually pretty unique and I enjoyed the workout.

I hope to get to preview some of the other workouts this weekend. Have a great one everyone!

Morning Ladies,

S90 Chest & Back and Core Dynamics for me this morning. :D Nice cold morning! :)

Susan, Yes those deer are all over the place. My DH almost hit one coming home a couple of days ago. Your experience is pretty scarry, you don't have the protection of the car. :eek: You really could have been hurt if one of them had run into you.

heartymax, Yoga is one of those things that I don't mind. Not something I would do if given a choice. I have gotten some workouts that I enjoy, so that makes it easier for me to do it. ;) I have looked at the clips, but not listened to it. It looks good just viewing it, but listening to it may change my mind. I think that I something about Double Trouble. Wonder if that is what you might be looking for.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.