Buff Badgers Week of Oct. 10th

heartymax

Cathlete
Today is not a holiday for my school so I am headed to work in a little bit. I enjoyed the Taste of DC this weekend. The weather was absolutely gorgeous all week and scheduled to be sunny and 80 today.

I did Cathe's Intensity workout for 1 hour of awesome cardio this morning. Definitely needed to burn some calories after all my "tasting" this weekend. I had some delicious fudge brownies at one of the places. It will probably take all week to work off that sugar.

I have class tonight so today is my long day. Next week is the last class and I will be glad when it is over.

Morning Ladies,

Back to work today! :p :D Here are my workouts since Friday.

Sat: 10lb SD Xtreme Core and Recovery Lower Body
Sun: 10lb SD Kickboxing with gloves
Mon: S90 Chest & Back and S90 Core Dynamics

Got the bathroom finished, and it really looks great. DD14 is super happy. Just need to get a towel rack, mirror and hook for the back of the door.

heartymax, Glad that you had a good time at the taste of DC. The brownie sounds like it was enjoyed. ;)

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning!

I had a really nice weekend. It was my birthday on Saturday, so I'll also be working off food all week :)

Friday was HIS + Chest and Back, Saturday was Rhythmic Step. I didn't work out yesterday. I ended up getting a mini version of DS's cold, so I may skip my workout today, too. I think I'll use that time for a nap.

Heartymax- We can work off our weekend "sins" together. I had chocolate cake with coconut buttercream... among other things :eek:

Laurie- Welcome back to work! You're can come to my house and redo my bathroom... :D Although I'm pretty sure that's beyond DIY help :confused:

Have a great day.

HI gang! Sorry I missed my post yesterday! Saturday I went on the elliptical for 6 miles. I didn't feel like running outside and liked the elliptical because it made me run hills. Sunday was yard work and errands and walking Ruby for 45mn. Then I gave her a bath which is a workout all on its own!:eek:
Monday was S90 Tababta. and Today was a 4.2 mile run.

Laurie, congrats on finishing the bathroom! :D I'd like to re-paint one of ours... it's always on my "to do " list!

Heartymax, the Taste of DC sounds yummy! I guess one of the town on our area are having something like that in a few weeks...

Sam, there are so many of us with cold right now! Gotta love the change in seasons! Hope the nap helps!

Have a great day! Susan

Morning Ladies,

S90 Legs and 10lb SD Recovery Lower Body this morning.

Sam, Happy Belated Birthday! I think bathrooms are the worst thing to paint. You can't get a ladder in that small space comfortably, and the toilet gets in the way. :rolleyes: I'm sure glad that it is done. Hope you start feeling better.

Susan, I leave the dog bath to other people. :D GS hair is horrible, she already clogs up my vacuum. ;) I get inspired by the HGTV and DIY networks. I sure wish that someone would come and Crash my Bathroom or Yard! :D

Have a great day!

Hi all! Sounds like you guys are getting good workouts in and some work around the house, too, which DH likes to remind me can count as a workout, too.

Sorry I didn't post last week. Between football games/practice, marching band competitions/practice, wedding showers and training, it's been pretty crazy. I took off Friday afternoon and did Cardio & Weights which was my only decent workout last week. This morning I did a 2 mile walk. Eating has been a disaster so I really need to get back on track. The craziness will pretty much be over after this weekend.

Have to brag a bit to say our Freshman football team beat Arrowhead 34-14. Varsity beat them, too 19-13 and knocked them down to #5.:D Our team is undefeated and should win their game this Friday. They asked DS to suit up for the playoffs which is exciting. DD's marching band competes at State (UW-Whitewater) on Saturday. They hope to beat North who has won 4 years in a row. We beat them at Cudahy last Saturday so they can do it!

Last edited:
Sue----So glad to hear you DS team beat Arrowhead! The whole time must be thrilled and beaming right now! Get ready for the playoffs! Good luck to DD!

Laurie---I was just thinking that my sons bathroom could use a facelift. The bathroom is so small. I keep asking myself why I didn't request to enlarge the bathroom when we built our house 12 years ago-------$$$$ maybe:D Anyway, they don't seem to be bothered by it, so maybe a new paint job and a new shower curtain will be on the fall/winter list of things to do....if not, at least by spring. Then again, if I am waiting on DH to paint...it could be longer.

Susan---our wonder retriever definitely could use a bath. DH has been talking about giving her a bath, but he knows it would be much easier to just take him to the groomer....It will be madness with us trying to bath him.

Sam---Happy Belated B'day! I see you are still enjoying RS! There is nothing like getting up to do a workout that you LOVE!

Today was STS Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. Skipped bits and pieces of the workout in order to save some time. Have a great day ladies. The weather has been beautiful lately and now it is supposed to be cool and rainy all day today.

Morning Ladies,

This morning was KenpoX. Had a good time with this one. Has been a long time since I have done this one.

Sue, Congrats to both of those kids of yours. I like when any Classic 8 team beats Arrowhead. ;) Glad to hear that things will slow down a bit for you though.

heartymax, The reason I have been doing all the painting is because DH would never do it. :D That is one reason that I tend to not do the STS workouts. They are a bit to long, but I am going to try another rotation next year.

Have a wonderful day!

Ugh. Still no workouts this week. My eating has been awful, and I'm having trouble getting back on track. Eating so far today has been alright, so I'm hoping to get a good workout in this afternoon, which always helps keep my eating in check.

I blame it on my poor sleep Sunday and Monday night. I have the tiniest cough left over from DS's cold, and it wakes me up just as I'm dozing off... and then my insomnia kicks in. Last night I broke down, took an Ambien, and slept like a cat. :D

Let's hope I have a better check-in tomorrow...

Morning Ladies,

This morning was S90 Shoulders & Arms and Total Body Stretch Basic Stretching.

Sam, Hope you are doing better today, and you where able to get in a workout. But again if you are not feeling well, no need to push your body. ;) The eating part imo is the hardest part of trying to get the weight off.

Have a great day everyone!

HI ladies! Didn't get a chance to post yesterday but I did P90X - Core Synergistic. I missed that workout so much and I was pleased to see how much better I have gotten at some of the exercises I dread! Today is my off day but I did walk Ruby and stretched cause my hammy's are very sore today!:)

Happy Belated Birthday, Sam! I think we all go through those phases where our eating and workouts are not up to par. Once you start feeling better I think the workouts will come along.

Sue, congrats to both of your kids! How exciting for the school!! Good luck this weekend!:D

Laurie, I have been thinking of KenpoX a lot lately. I think I'll work it into next weeks agenda!

Heartymax, sometimes a bit a paint and a new curtain can do wonders for a bathroom! :) I actually love giving our labrador a bath! She is big, but she just sits there and lets me do what I gotta do. I think she has realized, the better she sits still, the sooner I finish!:eek:

Have a great day ladies! Don't let the gloomy weather get ya down!

Susan

Ahhh... much better yesterday! I did LIS+Shoulders and a segment of Stretch Max. I still felt a bit... I don't know heavy(?) while doing it, but at least I got it done. I rocked the lifting part!

I plan to keep doing 4DS until Cathe's new series arrives.

Today was open house at school. I hope I don't sound like a crabby old teacher when I say I really dislike open house :confused: It makes me so nervous to have parents watching me teach. I always feel pressured to have super-interesting lessons. I'd honestly rather have the principal watch me every day. Of course, I have one of the best principals there is, so that helps. ;)

Heartymax/Susan- I have yet to bathe Elliot! He could probably use a good tub. Let's hope he's like your dog, Susan :D

Laurie- You're definitely right. Eating is the tough part. I find that if I don't exercise my eating gets really bad. You've inspired me to seriously look into getting my upstairs bathroom redone. Our house is from 1938, but whoever lived there last used the cheapest, ugliest materials to update the kitchen and baths. I'm getting especially sick of them lately. Even when they're freshly-cleaned they look grungey.

Sue- Wow! Arrowhead! That's quite an accomplishment! Congrats to your DS!

Have a great day, everyone.

Sam - I'm glad you're doing better. It's a struggle that's for sure. I need to remind myself what Jillian Michaels says (and I apologize in advance if you're not a fan. She really is a lot different on her podcast than she was on Biggest Loser.) Anyway, she asks "What do you do when you get a flat tire? Do you get out and shoot the other 3 tires? Of course not! When you slip-up or have a bad day eating or not exercising, and you keep going the next day and the next day it's like shooting tires. Get right back to your healthy eating and workout program. Fix the bad tire and move on. Don't shoot tires!" Okay, that's paraphrasing but I think you get the idea. Oh, and Happy Belated Birthday!

Laurie - Sounds like an interesting rotation you're doing with a combination of 10PSDX and S90.

Susan - I will try to not let the gloomy weather get me down but we've been so spoiled with good weather lately.

Well, I thought it would be slowing down next week but I found out that part of suiting up with Varsity means practicing with them, too - or as DH puts it "getting pounded by Varsity". This is DS' chance to impress the Varsity coaches to see if he's ready to play at that level next year. So, we're not done with football this season just yet. . .

I actually worked out this morning! Kind of surprising since I got to bed late but was able to get up in time to do KCM Split Sessions Lower Body. I love KCM for quick, effective workouts.

Morning Ladies,

S90 Chest & Back and STS Ab Circuit ~ Yoga Based Abs for me. Ya those levitation holds that are in that workout will probably never happen. I did the version that Cathe said to do if you can't keep your legs off the ground. :eek:

Sam, You will be feeling better and better as you get more workouts done. ;) I totally would understand the open house, I wouldn't want anyone over my shoulder all day either. :) That is basically what it is. To bad that the "Crash your Bath" people from HGTV where not around to help you out. ;) Some little updates might just be the ticket to making the bathroom better. Mendards is having sales on a bunch of things right now.

Sue, Ya those type of things do need practice. We experienced that when oldest dd was an alternate in her Freshman year in track. She still had to practice, and the best part is that even though she didn't run, she still got a first place metal at state. ;) Doing the S90 workouts with other cardio makes it better, because then I don't have that dread factor about the warm-up! :eek: The last rotation, I was dreading doing that same warm-up over and over. :D

Have a great day!

Hello and Happy Friday! This morning was S90 Legs. That sure gets the hamstrings burning!:confused:

Saturday I hope to run 6 miles however, if the weather is anything like it was this morning ( very windy ) I may hit the elliptical instead! Can't remember what I wrote down for Sunday!

DH is heading up to the cabin to close it up this weekend. DD is having asleep over here tonight. I hope to get a lot of my fall cleaning done this weekend since DH won't be underfoot!:).

Sam, glad you are doing better. Sometimes I hate the weekends cause my healthy eating goes out the window! I tell myself to behave but find I grab those "other" things anyway! Then on Monday I scold myself. This is why even though I know I am not supposed to, I weigh myself everyday to keep me focused. I have maintained what I lost doing P90X, but am stuck right now and I know it's those darn weekends!!:p

Sue, hope DS can stand the pounding from the Varsity boys! I hear they can be tough on those underclassmen!

Laurie, when I don't want to do the S90 warm-up I jump on the elliptical while he does his thing, or I do the kind of warm up Tony does in P90X. I too get bored with the same one every time!

Enjoy your weekend ladies! Go Pack Go! Go Brewers Go!!

Susan

Last edited:
Good morning! Yesterday I did 4DS Bootcamp, etc... I always want to put my foot through the TV after that drill with the bunny hops over the band. I'm always sucking wind, and then Cathe says, "That one was a little easier...." :eek:

Sue- That's great advice from Jillian. I have heard her persona in her podcasts is very different. I'll have to remember not to shoot tires the next time I slip up... and I know there will be a next time ;)

Susan- Yup, those weekends. I look forward to them, but I always feel like I "white knuckle" my way through them as far as eating goes.

Laurie- I gotta talk to DH this weekend. I'm SO sick of our bathroom! Maybe I'll check out some of the sales. Even if we could just paint and replace the floor (even with cheap stuff), it would look so much better.

I think everything's back on track. I've gotten back to weighing myself every day, and the water weight I gained is gone. I think my weight is currently below my set point, so I'm really going to have to be vigilant to keep my weight low or lose more.

Poor DH was up almost all night doing stuff for work. I'm not a techy, so I can't explain it, but I woke up this morning to find him sleeping on the couch. He had been on and off the phone with some hosting company all night! Poor baby :( I'll have to think of some way to treat him this evening.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.