Buff Badgers Week of Nov. 28

heartymax

Cathlete
Hello Ladies! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I didn't check in but once last week. Exercise was limited and laundry was at a maximum:D I really wanted to catch up on some things around the house before leaving town. Thanksgiving was great. I ate well---enjoyed some 2 small slices of cake and 2 small slices of pie during the holidays. Small but high in fat and sugar of course. DH is decided he can't fix the treadmill. Well---as you know the belt came off a year ago and he has tried to fix it once that I can remember. This morning he said that he can't fix it. It is not in the budget to purchase a new one. We are really tightening this up since we are planning a big vacation for next summer. I guess I have not walked on the treadmill in a year so another year won't hurt me. I just found it as a nice change from the step sometime. Lucky for me I have many Cathe DVDs to keep me going. :D

This morning was Low Impact Step Challenge. The first two combos are pretty simple but the others have a few complicated moves. I skipped the all combos section since I hadn't gotten some of them down and moved on to the blast. The blast section is pretty cool. It gets the thighs pretty good without the stress on the knees. I ended with the plank and abs section from Turbo Barre. I figured that I would at least get some use out of that DVD.

Morning Ladies,

Back to work for me today. :confused: Enjoyed my Thanksgiving, and I'm really tired this morning. The girls enjoyed our time with my family at the Dells. They spent a good portion of Saturday at the water parks.

This mornings workout was 30MTF Kickboxing Punch Mix. Yesterday was Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit and S90 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps.

heartymax, I also had cake, had to celebrate my Mom's birthday, 2 borthers and 2 sisters. :eek: My treadmill is collecting dust, have not had anyone in to fix ours either. :(

Have a great day!

Good morning!

I have to get back to workouts today. I haven't worked out since Thursday when I did Rhythmic Step (very distractedly... I had the Packer game on in the background). I ate a lot, but haven't gained much... just a little bloated. My Saturday to myself was great. I got all the indoor decorations up including the tree we bought Friday, and went to a craft fair with my mom and SIL. I really didn't want to go to work this morning. :p

DS woke up with a fever this morning :confused: No idea what that's about. He seems completely fine otherwise, but DH is home with him this morning.

Heartmax- I've got a cheapie elliptical that sits and collects dust. It's not broken, I just never use it. I like the Low Impact Step Challenge pretty well. That last combo is hard to get; the rock on the step or whatever it is makes me nervous-- I'm afraid I'm going to fall off! I'll get it though.

Laurie- Coming back to work is such a downer, isn't it :) That was one tough workout you did yesterday! :eek:

Have a great day!

Hi everyone!

Heartymax - I haven't tried LIS step yet but if the 1st 2 combos and the blast are pretty easy to learn, maybe I'll give that a try. Don't know about you but I have to be in the proper mental state to learn new choreography. Most days I just want to put the dvd in and GO!

Laurie - Wow! You're making up for lost workout time with some great workouts. I'm back to work today, too (boo!) but only for 3 days. I'm off Thursday and Friday to use up vacation days before the end of the year.

Sam - Thanks for the warning about the last combo in LIS step. I'll make sure it's not 4:30 a.m. when I try that one! Sorry to hear DS has a fever. Hopefully he's better soon.

My workout Thanksgiving day was Athletic Training Upper premix since my legs were still sore from PLB. On Friday I went for a 4 mile walk. Saturday was HIIT 30-30, Butt Bible Lower Body #1 and Step Heat abs. Sunday was PUB. This morning was Bethany Frankel's yoga workout (can't remember the name). First time doing the Bethany workout and I liked it. Kristin McGee is the instructor. The length (40 min.) is perfect for my yoga-ADHD attention span and you aren't vinyasa'd to death. I'll do this workout again. Eating was so-so. Could have been better, could have been worse. The workouts definitely helped.

Hello! Well I loved my turkey trot! Friday I enjoyed being very lazy... Saturday I spent the whole day, cleaning, scrubbing,laundry.. etc (no workout). Sunday I walked for 45mn and got on the elliptical for 35mn. Today I am not feeling really well. My tummy is very yucky and I had a hard time sleeping last night. I was up from 3am -on just tossing and turning. Don't know if I'll workout tonight or not! Glad to see the scale stayed pretty much the same over the weekend...

Heartymax, good job with those workouts! Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving!

Laurie, it was hard getting up today, back to the grind! You did awesome getting your workouts in! We need to get our kids back to the Dells...

Sam, hope DS feels better soon.This time of year, it could be anything! I love my elliptical, it's my "go-to" workout when I don't feel like running or jumping!

Sue, I am jealous of your short-week this week! Any plans? Hope you enjoy it!

Have a good night ladies! Hope to run again tomorrow- if I sleep better!

Susan

Last edited:
This morning was STS Total Body. I hate side lunges with the disc. I just can't get good form on those.

Sam---the move when you swing your leg around the front of the step and swing it back is kind of tricky. I almost fell the first time.

Sue---I normally preview the workouts before doing them but I didn't preview these from what I had read it seemed that it was easy to pick up. I felt that away except on part of Low Impact Challenge. I really need to watch the end before doing it again. I just have to find the time. I am impressed with your workouts over the holiday. I think this was the first Thanksgiving in years that I didn't work out. I usually get up and burn some calories even if we are hitting the road that morning for our short drive.

Laurie- your family had a lot to celebrate during the holiday.

Susan--I forgot about your turkey trot! Glad you had fun. The weather was absolutely beautiful on the coast during the holiday so I hope you had some great weather as well.

My lunch is packed and I am all set for the day! Enjoy everyone.

Morning Ladies,

This morning I tried out my new workout KCM's Train Like a Contender Boxing. LOVED this workout! :D That is about all that I had the energy to do. Zicam works great for the cold, but you still get some body aches and runny nose. ;)

Sam, It always suprised me when the girls had fevers. It usually ended up being ear infections. :( WTG on getting those decorations up, DH did some of ours last night. I couldn't help him, I was just to tired.

Sue, I was iffy on that yoga workout, so it isn't to bad? I like Kristin, but didn't know how that workout would be with Bethany in it. Enjoy your vacation time at the end of this week!

Susan, Hope you are feeling better today. The family always has such a great time, but this year I didn't have to go to the waterpark area at all. I really wasn't in the mood for it. :confused: WTG on the Turkey Trot!

heartymax, Lunges are just killers! I have a hard time when she starts up the low ends or pulses. :eek:

Have a great day!

Good morning! DS seems to be perfectly fine. I think it was just a touch of a tummy bug. The fever disappeared with Motrin and stayed gone long after it wore off. My mom has him this a.m., so I'll be able to get a full report from her. She's an RN, and it's nice to have someone credible to tell me not to call the doctor :)

I did Step, Jump, and Pump yesterday in it's entirety. The hi/lo in that workout is fun... the stuff in MIC, not so much :confused: All I've done so far today is walk Elliot.

I acquired Tonique Mat in a trade over the weekend and I'm planning a rotation of circuits alternated with days of cardio and one portion of Mat. I may also throw in one of the Tonique 2 workouts or her CardioMat workout here and there, too. I think her stuff will do fantastic things for my lower half, but I have to keep up traditional lifting for the upper body because she does almost none.

Laurie- I keep hearing great things about TLC. I'm glad you liked it. Sorry you're not feeling well.

Heartymax- Yup. That move gets me in LIS from 4DS, too. It's harder on an 8" platform.

Susan- I'm glad you had fun on your Turkey Trot! I see you did check in last week. That's a great pace! Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, either :(

Sue- Glad you found a yoga workout you like. I still haven't. I have yoga ADHD too, and I just haven't found anything I click with. I think part of the problem is that I don't like spending money on yoga videos because I don't like it much, so I always buy cheapies that aren't very good. Plus I never know where to put it in my weekly rotations. I should take a class. But... $$$

Have a great day, everyone!

Susan - We celebrate Christmas with my family this Saturday so I'll be finishing up my Christmas shopping, making my dish to pass and waiting for Time Warner to come fix our digital phone. Ugh! They better be on time and not make me wait to workout too long or I will be grumpy. Great job on your turkey trot!

Laurie - You have to be a fan of Bethanny or she will drive you crazy with her non-stop talking in this dvd. I've watched her on tv several times so I'm used to her but even so there were times when I wanted to talk back to the screen and say "Just shut up already!" Kristin is very patient with her. :D I love TLC Boxing! Glad you like it, too.

Sam - Fitting yoga into a rotation is my struggle, too. I like to alternate weights and cardio and I was supposed to do cardio yesterday but didn't have the energy so did yoga instead. It's a good early a.m. workout when you can't psyche yourself up for high intensity cardio.

Heartymax - I hate previewing workouts so I'll probably dive right in and hope for the best! Maybe you should substitute regular side lunges for the ones with the disc. It's YOUR workout so you can do anything you want, right?

Nothing yet today. Tuesdays are my early morning since DD has Jazz Band before school. We really need to find a used car for her so she can drive herself. The one good thing is that I get to work earlier which I need right now because I'm super busy.

Hey gang, well I did not have a good night last night. DS was up most of the night with a bad cold and he feels if he can't sleep then neither can I! My stomache is still queasy today. I plan to go home, do S90 Tabata, take a nice hot shower, and go right to bed! I even told the family so they better behave!;)

Heartymax, STS Total Body is a doozy! The weather for the trot was okay, kind of windy but I prefer to be alittle cooler than warm so it was nice.

Laurie, My DH has been sucking on zinc drops and says it helps him a lot. I think I am going to get some for my DS!

Sam, I too have Yoga ADD.That's why I prefer Pilates!

Sue, A Christmas gathering already? I do not envy you that! I have been scoping online for what my kids are asking for and hope to start shopping this weekend.

Hope you all have a nice evening! Take care~ Susan

I overslept this morning. Didn't wake up until 5:15 so I squeezed inthe step portion of Intensity for a 35 minute workout.

Susan--I hope you and DS are feeling better. A warm shower sounds good when you are under the weather.

Sue---enjoy your celebration with your family. It definitely lets you finish all your shopping before the last minute madness at the malls. I do most of my shopping online:D. but I still have to get to the mall to pick up a few small things.

Sam--what do you mean an 8 inch platform...I never use one of those:rolleyes:

Laurie--glad you enjoye your new workout.

Gotta run.....I overslept and I have to be at work early to sit in on a conference with a teacher and an angry parent..>AARGH....

Morning Ladies,

Today is my rest day, so I did take advantage of it. I'm feeling better also. :D

Sam, Glad to hear that your DS is better. I think they run fevers when they grow also. ;) Can you imagine what those little bodies go through when they are growing. Glad that you liked the hi/lo in SJP, of course that isn't my cup of tea. :eek:

Sue, I will probably not get that workout then, because I couldn't stand Bethany on her show. ;) I have enough yoga, so that will not bother me at all. Did you hear that ExerciseTV On Demand is going away. :( I'm very unhappy about that one. They are getting rid of their web page also.

Susan, I think that Zicam also has zinc in it. I like the zicam better, becuase you don't have to suck on it like candy. I couldn't stand the taste in my mouth with Airbourne. The Zicam disolves in your mouth, not that it isn't somewhat nasty tasting, but I could take it better than the zinc. ;)

heartymax, WTG getting in that workout. That conference doesn't sound like it would be fun. :confused: Hope all goes well.

Have a wonderful day!

Hello, ladies! Yesterday I did FIRM Super Cardio Sculpt. Talk about a blast from my past. I had to modify "up" and add high impact to get my heartrate up. I was tired, though, so it was nice to have an easy day.

I also did the "on the side" portion of Tonique Mat. Boy, are my hips sore today! It was short, but really burned. I really like floorwork, which tempts me to try TA...(even though I pretty sure she's insane :confused:)

Today I plan to do FIRM Cardio Sculpt... one of my very first videos. I don't think I'll ever get rid of it; it's an old friend.

Laurie- I used to use Zicam practically all winter when they still had the nasal gel. They were forced to discontinue them and now have only oral applications which make me nauseous :(. Darn those people that had to go and lose their sense of smell :D Lately I've been taking the EmergenC that has zinc in it. Since I guzzle it so fast the zinc doesn't bother me as much. But I know what you mean about that horrible taste. Yuck.

Heartymax- I think there is only one other video that I use an 8" platform for. Sometimes I don't use risers at all, like for Imaxes. All that jumping on and off risers makes me nervous. So sorry you have to deal with an angry parent. That is the. worst. thing. ever.

Susan- You did Tabata on a queasy stomach???? You're incredible :eek:

Sue- You're "finishing up" your Christmas shopping??? Ugh. I'm so behind! I need to sit down and make a list. The weekend's looking pretty free. Maybe then.

Have a great day!

Hello! Today I pulled out Cathe's Intensity. I did the Hi-impact HiiT 2 times through, followed by the low-impact HiiT and then Bootcamp. It was fun!

Heartymax, hope your meeting this morning went okay. I have been over-sleeping this week. I think it might be PMS.:(

Laurie, hope you liked your rest day!:D

Sam, yea, Tabata was a bit rough last night but I pulled through! I was tired when it was done though!

Time to fold some laundry! The chore that never goes away...

See ya tomorrow! Susan

Susan---Hi-Hiit TWICE......are you crazy????? That section alone is like bootcamp. Your cardio endurance level is awesome.

Sam----It took me a long time to part with my old FIRMs but I gave them to a lady that I used to work with. I wonder if she even uses them. I truly loved the FIRM for many years. I wonder if I would have ever found Cathe if I had not been a FIRM believer first. So many people learned about Cathe from FIRM forum years ago. I remember thinking I would never be strong enough to do Cathe.

Laurie----You deserve a rest day with those Kick BUTT workouts you do during the week.

Hi Sue!!

Today was Muscle Max. I guess am choosing total body workouts for my strength training this week.

Morning Ladies,

Well I'm going to take it easy for the rest of the week. This is my recovery week anyway. I'm waking up with killer headaches, they go away within a couple of hours after I get up. I'm just not in the mood to try exercise while that is going on. Once those headaches get better, then I will start working out again. Hopefully by Sunday, when my next rotation starts. ;)

Sam, LOL about the people that lost their sense of smell! I agree it would probably work much better. ;) I have never purchased a firm workout, but sounds like the older ones are the best.

Susan, That is one of the reasons why I am keeping that Intensity workout for the Hiit! ;) So you have the laundry monster in your house also. I don't understand how laundry can get done, but never gets folded unless I do it. :rolleyes:

heartymax, Do I get more rest day kudos! :eek: :D Muscle Max sounds like a good one, and doing full body workouts for the week is a great thing. I was second guessing choices for the next couple of weeks. I really want to try out some full body workouts right now.

Have a great day!

Good morning! Yesterday I did Cardio Sculpt. Still a good workout. I always tell myself I should get rid of my firms, but I figure when I have another baby (whenever that should be) I'll want them when I'm not quite ready for Cathe and her ilk.

Heartymax- Yup. They're near and dear to me. I don't use the "classic" firms much, although I have a couple. I really like the BSS-era Firms. I don't care much for the newer, "pink" ones at all, and I haven't tried the new Express ones.

Laurie- Bummer about the headaches! That's not how I'd want to wake up. I hope you feel better soon.

Susan- Two Hiits! My goodness, could I please have some of your energy?!

I have HIS (4DS) on the schedule for today plus a portion of Tonique Mat. I might take the day off, though, because I've got a buttload of grading to do that has to go home tomorrow. I have choir tonight, also, so I'll have to stay up late if I do it then.

DS is really sick now with a cold. I think I'm finally (hello!) realizing that when he gets those sudden, low-grade fevers, they usually turn into a cold. This one is pretty nasty. He's got a hacking cough and his little voice is all hoarse :( He gets over things pretty quickly, though.

Have a great day!

Susan - I only have a few gifts to buy before this weekend so it's not too bad. I declare you the HIIT Queen! ;)

Sam - I am far from finished with my Christmas shopping. I meant finishing up for the relatives I'll see this weekend. Still have DD, DS an DH to shop for. And DH is impossible to buy for. :confused:

Laurie - YES! I heard that Exercise TV is going away and I am super bummed. :(

Heartymax - I'd do my shopping online if I knew what to get! ;) Sometimes I need to wander a store for ideas.

Yesterday morning I didn't feel much like working out so I did 2 10 min. segments of 10 Minute Solution: Kickbox Bootcamp. Today I did PLB. Kids will be home soon (early release today) and then I'll drive DS to weight lifting in a couple of hours and do my shopping. I have presents to wrap and laundry to do in the meantime. Do I know how to spend my days off or what? :p

Hi gang! Well, I oveslept again today. I had ahard time sleeping and when my alarm went off-- I said "no way"! I am hoping to go for a 5 mile run after work, if th eweather holds out. We are supposed to get snow this afternoon. If we do, I have not decided what I'll do--maybe High-Reps.

Laurie, enjoy your rest week! You certainly have earned it!

Sue, your off days sound about as exciting as mine! :)

Sam, sorry DS is still sick. My DD stayed home today with an ucky tummy / bad headache.

Have a good night ladies! Susan

Happy Friday Ladies. I had an evening program yesterday so it was a very long day. So, I am proud of myself for getting up this morning to workout because I said last night that I was soooo tired and there was no way I was getting up early this morning. Love it when I have days like this. I woke up....felt well rested....and laced up the sneakers for Hiit 30/30.

Sam---You inspired me. I kept the step at 8 inches today. Some parts may have been like 25/35 :rolleyes:.

Sue---I have done PLB in a while. That is one thigh burner. Enjoy your Christmas celebration.

Laurie----Enjoy your weekend. I had a headache recently and tried a workout and just had to stop. I should have done what you did and got some rest. I realize that I did not make a good choice.

Susan-- did you get some snow. The kids are usually excited about the first snow. We haven't seen any in the forecast yet. I don't want to start using snow days before Christmas. It doesn't take much for a school closing.

I am thinking of High Reps for tomorrow! I will see. It's been a long time since I have actually one a Saturday workout...I need to get back in that routine of being consistent.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.