Buff Badgers Week of Nov. 21st

heartymax

Cathlete
Happy Turkey Week!!! No workouts this weekend but I walked around a bit at a flea market. This morning was Tri-Sets Upper Body Split. Cathe did an awesome job on these new workouts. I am very impressed.

What are your plans for Thanksgiving? We are traveling to NC. My sister in laws family is there and my brother always bring my mom with them. It is a short drive for us and gives me a chance to see my family too. Some years we stay home and some years we travel to NC to join them for dinner. We get up on Thanksgiving morning and make the 5 hour drive---no traffic---no stress on the road---just a calm and easy drive.

Hello, everyone! I'm still alive. Sorry for not checking in last week. I was in Ohio for business on Monday and Tuesday, crazy busy on Wednesday trying to catch up from being gone and crazy busy the rest of the week deleting security access because we laid off 9 people. :mad: Some of these people had worked here 10, 20 even 40 years. In addition they asked for early retirements so 13 people took advantage of that. If more had been able to do that then some younger people wouldn't have lost their jobs. Can't blame them though. If you plan to work until 65 and you're only 60 and your 401k portfolio is not what you thought it would be, sometimes you have no choice but to keep working.

Anyway, it was an emotional week and I only worked out once (Results Lower Body on Friday). Yesterday was PUB and man, oh, man is my chest sore today! Short work week as I'm only working 2 days.

Heartymax - We are going to Illinois for Thanksgiving. It's about a 2 hour ride so not too bad but we drive back the same night so we're always exhausted by the time we get home.

Anyone have their pre-Thanksgiving meal workout planned?

Hello! Saturday I did Jillians No More Trouble Zones and Sunday was P90X KenpoX, and today was a 5 mile run!

Hearty, I am looking forward to a relaxing Thanksgiving too. We are not going to my in-laws as we usually do, only my sisters. This will be nice to not have to run to 2 places, eat 2 meals etc... On top of that I am running the 5 mile turket trot in the morning!

Sue, sorry to hear about the lay-offs at your facility. That stinks! It's really hard when it happens right before the holidays! As for my pre-turkey workout, it's the Turkey Trot! Hope you have a better week!

I am SO looking forward to a long weekend. Friday I am going to be totally lazy! I plan to stay in bed reading and watching Lifetime Movie Network movies!~:eek: I might workout, but as for right now it is scheduled as my OFF day!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend! All the best - Susan

Last edited:
Good afternoon. No workouts for me this weekend, either. I was too busy doing housework and NOT hanging Christmas lights (don't ask :rolleyes:). We're in purge mode, which means throwing out a ton of stuff. It's actually quite liberating. My only problem with taking two days off is I have no motivation to work out today. I was thinking of pulling out an old Firm video or something.

Susan- Have fun on your Turkey Trot, and have fun relaxing! Usually DH and I spend all of Black Friday eating leftovers and having a Lord of the Rings marathon. I really want to get a jump on Christmas stuff this year, though, and I don't think LOTR will happen this time. :(

Sue- What yucky stuff to have to go through at work! It helps me to see stuff like that and remember how very, very blessed I've been to have a job when I need it. I think I'll do either Afterburn or Imax 2 on Thanksgiving.

Heartymax- My Thanksgiving is at my mom's, only a half-hour away. We only have one, because DH's mom joins us. In the past we've had as many as four to go to. This is much better. I plan to eat heartily, but keep it restrained to that one meal.

Have a great day!

Hi gang! Today was S90 Total Body. I do like this one a lot but sometimes I think they go too fast with the exercises. He wants you to use as heavy weight as you can for 8-12 reps but he wants to fly through it! I tend to have to rewind a bit on this one!:eek:

Sam, I was in purge mode a bit this weekend- in my closet! I had way too many T-shirts for exercising and other things that I just don't wear. I got rid of alot and my closet is so nice and neat now! This weekend I plan to hit my hall closet and my son's.

Have a great day ladies!

Susan

Good morning!

I did 45 minutes worth of Tone it Up! I would have done more, but my son woke up from his nap earlier than I expected.

Susan- That's a common complaint I hear about those S90 workouts, though my DH hasn't complained. I think somtimes men are less concerned about form, etc... and are more concerned with being fast and just getting it done.

I plan to do all cardio today. I've had the original Imax and MIC since I bought RS, and I thought I might give one of them a whirl today. Depends how energetic I feel.

Have a great day.

Susan - When I was doing S90 I went at my own pace and did however many fit in the time allotted. So what if I did 8 reps instead of 10? I did them with good form and my muscles always felt worked out afterwards. I need to do a bit of closet purging myself.

Sam - I haven't done MIC or Imax in ages! They look a bit dated but are awesome workouts. Let us know which one you try.

Did S90 Cardio Challenge and a segment from Ab Hits last night. Tonight I plan on doing PLB. I'm not abandoning the new Cathe workouts yet but I really love what the pyramids (especially PUB) do for my muscles. I've picked Athletic Training as my Thanksgiving workout.

The countdown is on! My 5 day weekend starts in less than 4 hours. :D

Good morning!

Well, I (sort of) did MIC yesterday. That is one tough workout! My calves are not used to all that bouncing in the hi/lo. Ouch! I quit about midway through the step portion.

I've been feeling heavy and sluggish during all my workouts this week and then this morning found out why.... TOM :mad: I've been having different, horrible, PMS sypmtoms every month lately. One month, crazy mood swings; another, crazy hunger; and this month, fatigue. I talked to my Dr. about it and she's said not much can be done other than eating well and staying active.

Anyway, away from the TMI stuff...

Sue- You were right! Awesome workout, too bad I couldn't finish it :confused: I agree with you about the S90 workouts. I really should try one one of these days. I can't believe I've had them in my house for months and haven't tried one!

I found out I get ALL DAY Saturday to myself! DH is going to his business partners' house and taking DS with his since they have a playmate for him. They have to cram a bit because they have a potential new partner and two BIG (boy, I wish I could say who :D) potential clients. So, they've got a ton to figure out.

Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone! I'm feeling pretty thankful this year for the gift of good health, and the ability to work out, feel good, and be a good example for my family.

Sam - MIC is one of Cathe's toughest workouts. I remember the first time I did it over 10 years ago when I was in much better shape and got about as far as you did. I asked on the forums if anyone ever did the whole thing or if it was meant to be done as 2 separate w/o 's. Cathe herself responded and said I did great and that it was definitely a test of Cardio endurance. Don't remember her exact words but it made me feel pretty proud. Good luck to DH and his partner on their big deal in the works! Hope all works out well.

I did PLB last night. Forgot how tough those roll-ins are! I'm lying in bed right now with both cats. One has me trapped by laying on my legs. DD came in and is stretching him so maybe he'll get up and move. Nope. I'm still trapped. :). Later today I plan to do Cardio. Probably step since I haven't done that in a while. Then I need to go grocery shopping for tomorrow. I'm making pie. Mmmmmmmm.

Hi there! Today will be Cardio X from P90X. I overslept this morning so will be doing this after work.

I am excited for my Turkey Trot tomorrow. :D Hope I beat last years times but since it is a new course and I won't know the route really well... We'll see!

Sam, I have not done MIC in forever! It is by far one of her toughest! Good job on going as far as you did! If you can try 1 S90 workout to try I think it would be Tabata! It's short, but tough and you really get a great workout!

Sue, I am jealous of you laying in bed! I can't wait for Friday when I get to do that - I am going to be so lazy that day!! :eek:

I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Susan

Hello Ladies,

Sorry I haven't been posting, but I have been enjoying my time off. Today is our Thanksgiving (just the four of us), because we are with DH's family tomorrow. Then we are off to the Dells with my family starting on Friday. I still have a few things to get done today, but I have enough time to get it done. Just have to go pick up my youngest from her friends house, and then she is going to be getting busy with me. :D

My workouts have been:
Sat: 1on1 Super Cardio and S90 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps
Sun: Kickmax Low Impact Premix #1 (with gloves) and 10lb Slimdown Lower Body
Mon: S90 Tabata Inferno and S90 Back & Biceps
Tue: TaeBo Power Cardio (with gloves) This one really made me sore today. ;)

Still have not done todays workout, but hope to get it in.

Susan, Once you get any of the S90 workouts done a couple of times, you can start when they are explaining the exercises. That is what I do, and I either finish with them (having don 12 reps) or I finish ahead and take some extra rest. That is the only way I can get in all the required reps that I want, and finish on time. Sometimes I do have to pause the DVD though.

Sue, I just finished the pumpkin pies a little while ago. I do have to go to the store though, because I forget something. Ran out of vanilla, and oldest wants to take chocolate chip cookies back with her.

Sam, TOM is very unpredictable sometimes. :( Some months are better than others though. I never never have liked MIC, of course I don't like Hi/Lo though. :D

heartymax, Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

If I don't get back on line have a very Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Hey Ladies ! Since I am being so lazy, thought pop in and say hi! Had a great Turkey Trot yesterday. Finished in 47.03 (9.25/mile average). I finished 399 out of 784 runners. The female winner finished in 33 minutes!:eek: The male in 26! Yikes!

Today I am not doing anything!:eek: Might walk Ruby in a bit - she needs it! Weighed in today a bit worried aver the carb over-load from yesterday but only had gained .75 of a pound.

Tomorrow will be Tabata and Sunday I think will be the elliptical.

Have a great weekend ladies! Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.