Buff Badgers Week of Nov. 14th

heartymax

Cathlete
Had a great weekend...relaxed. Friday was the first day we have had out of school since Labor Day. The boys were excited just to chill out and do nothing for a change and I let them.

This morning was After Burn and O---M----G!!!!!! Those mountain climbers are a killer----I hate those things and need to find something else to sub for them. My hips normally hurts the next day but it started hurting shortly after them so I had to stop the workout at about 35 minutes---but I had worked up a sweat until I can't even tell that I was cheating by stopping early. That is definitely the toughest of the ones I have done so far.

Morning Ladies,

Had a great day off on Friday, spent the whole day reading. :eek: But it was fun, and got my much neglected house cleaned. :eek:

Here are my workouts for the weekend:
Fri: KCM's 30MTF Cardio Blast Premix #1 and S90 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps
Sat: 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Kickboxing and Jillian's Killer Buns & Thighs Levle 1
Sun: P90X+ IntervalX+ and S90 Back & Biceps
Mon: Rest Day

heartymax, Sounds like your boys where a lot like me on their off day. :D Are there a lot of mountain climbers in the LIS workouts? I don't mind them to much, but if every workout has them. :confused:

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning! Friday was no workout. Saturday I did Afterburn and Back, Biceps, and Core from Tri Sets. Afterburn was killer. Lots of sweat, lots of work, but I thought the time flew by, and it wasn't quite as hard as I was fearing. I did modify everything in plank position by putting my hands on my step, which was at 12". It helped a lot, but I still had to stop early on the burpee/straddle pushup with the discs section. Argh! The "spiderman" mountainclimbers were nuts too. I got doms in places I've never had them, including my lower back. I've never had them there, but it's great because I know that's one of my weaker areas. Great workout!

Oh, no workout yesterday. I wanted to; it just didn't happen :mad:

Heartymax- We have very similar feelings on Afterburn!

Laurie- I got some cleaning done this weekend too, but not nearly as much as I wanted. I sometimes wonder if it's possible for a house to be completely clean...

My weekend was good. The funeral was fine, though the long drive was a bit grueling. I went outlet mall shopping with my mom on Saturday, and last night we had dinner at DH's business partners' home. They have a little 3 year-old boy, so DS had someone to play with. He loved it.

I tried to get up early this morning to work out. Epic fail. My alarm went off, I felt okay, went to the bathroom, and went right back to bed :eek: Sigh. Does Cathe sell self-discipline? I think I'll just be doing cardio today since I still have doms all over.

Have a great day!

Hello! Today was a 5 mile run.Saturday I did S90 Tabata, and Sunday I did get my raking workout in plus lots of cleaning!:D

Heartymax, I am so looking forward to a long weekend over Thanksgiving. It'll be my first days off since starting this job. I already told the kids I am sleeping in thenreading in bed, and doing nothing all day!

Sam, isn't it fun to watch little ones playing together? Love it! Spiderman mountain climers? Yikes!:eek:

Laurie, your Friday sounds devine! How are you liking Jillian's new workout?

Hi Sue!
Hi Lala!

Go Pack Go!!

Susan

Hi again! Well that was an awesome game to watch!:eek: This morning I just took Ruby for a nice long walk and tonight I will be doing S90 Total Body. DH got a couple phone calls during the night for his job ( 3am, 4am) and it made it tough to get up today!:confused:

Hope you all have a great day! I'll try to check in later!

Susan

Morning Ladies,

This morning was Low Max Premix #1 and the abs from Step Heat. :eek: Felt like I was going in the wayback machine. :D I'm either going to have to give up the step with these workouts, or just give up step altogether. I'm going to try another Low Max workout in the future to see if it is the torque or the step that makes my knee hurt.

Sam, Spiderman mountain climbers with discs? Is that how she is doing those? Spiderman's are bad enough. :eek:

Susan, I enjoyed the Killer Buns and Thighs workout that I did. I have only done the first level, but it isn't over the top like some of ther workouts are. There is some cardo moves, but this mostly concentrated on the lower body.

Have a great day!

Good morning! I did Imax 2 yesterday. I think that was only the 2nd or 3rd time I've done the whole thing. It was actually -- dare I say it?-- fun! I still can't do the whole 9th blast though. Plie jacks just kill me. I don't land softly enough and my feet give out.

Laurie- So sad that you may have to give up step :( I don't know what I'd do! I find that torquey things sometimes bug my knees if I'm not really careful. So maybe that's what it is? I like the "combos only" premix on Low Max because it doesn't include alllllll the squats in the blast. Maybe it's just squats and lunges off the step? Hmmmm... Either way, you don't want to be doing something that hurts your knees.

Susan- Yes. Spiderman mountain climbers with discs :eek: Talk about oblique work! I'm still sore :rolleyes:

Grocery shopping tonight! Yay! I made my store list during the Packer game (which was awesome!) last night so I'm all ready to go. I've got some of my favorite yummies on the menu this week, including my very favorite, spaghetti rigate with olives. Mmmmm... (It's sad how much I love menu-planning :rolleyes:)

Have a great day!

Sam----you did an add on to After Burn. I can't even imagine! You are definitely getting stronger. WTG with he entire Imax 2 workout. Those Imax's are so high impact. I rarely attempt to do the whole workout.

Laurie--I hope you figure out what is bothering your knees. My shin was bothering me during the summer and I was trying to figure out if it was the heavy leg work from STS or the step. I stopped doing leg workouts and modified more on the step and it stopped bothering me. I loved the results that I got from STS legs but it was probably more to the fact that I was eating well and that I had spent an entire year making sure I did a leg workout every single week. While recently doing Meso 1 and 2, I only did the leg workouts in Meso 1 when it is more endurance.

Susan---the weather has been nice in the mornings here lately. DH is home for a few days ( use it or loose it leave) so maybe he will give our doggie a morning walk.

This morning was Athletic Training from the new series. I hope I remembered the name correctly. I love the black and green workouts. I don't do circuit training for some reason and each time I squeeze in one and I really like it. I bet it could give my body the shock it needs. It didn't have as much cardio in it as I thought it would have. I guess I thought it was going to be like Low Impact Circuit but it was not. I really like it. I must say that I am glad that I purchased the new workouts. Next to STS, it is probably my happiest combo purchase in a while.

Morning Ladies,

My after work exercise was S90 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. This morning was Kimberly Spreen's Box-n-Flow, and I used 1# weighted gloves. Knee is feeling much better today, so I'm staying away from those step workouts. ;)

Sam, I will be looking at all the step workouts, and ones like Low Max (that have the blast only premix) will be saved for that purpose only. I can do most of those blast without the step. ;) Sounds like you have some good cooking in the works.

heartymax, I think it is the torque, because I can do leg work, tabata, Insanity, or Hiit without and bother. I'm uncoordinated anyway, so giving up the step isn't to much of a heartache. I will probably have a fire sale on some DVD's in the near future. :D

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning! Yesterday I did Athletic Training. This is my second time doing this one, and it's confirmed: I love it! I feel so "worked" when it's done. I love the format of the crazy cardio at the beginning and then slowly bringing it down for the weights. Love.

Heartymax- We're doing all the same workouts lately. I should have clarified that I did the Tri Sets add-on hours after completing Afterburn :p. Yeah, no way could do an add-on immediately after that!

Laurie- Let me know if you're looking to get rid of any step dvds... I'd be happy to take them off your hands :)

I'm working all day today because my principal asked me to sub for him this afternoon. I might try to do some sort of workout right after dinner, but I'm not sure that'll happen as I'm making spinach and cheese burritos for dinner tonight :D Maybe I can squeeze it in while they're in the oven and eat after DS and DH.

Have a great day!

HI there! I overslept today!:p So I did not get my run in but I will be getting on the elliptical after work for 40-45mn (or 5 miles).

Sam, those burritos sound yummy! That workout sounds like fun!

Laurie, I have not done any step in a long time... I wonder what my knees would do?

Heartymax, I am glad you are so happy with the new workouts! It's always great when you get your money's worth!

Hi Sue!
Hi Lala!
Have a great night everyone ~ Susan

Morning Ladies,

My after work exercise was Lower Body Blast. First time with that workout, and I really liked it. Those low ends are killers though. :D This morning was Hiit Double Wave Pyramid, still my favorite of those workouts.

Sam, Where you able to get a workout in? Are you enjoying the new workouts? So far I know for sure that I will be offering up Step, Jump & Pump/Cardio Blast DVD. ;) I'm looking at more, but this one is a fore sure. I would never be able to feed my family spinach. :(

Susan, Dang that wanting to sleep. :eek:

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning! No workout yesterday. I seriously considered after dinner, but that burrito really stuck to my ribs :p

Laurie- Yes, I have a very non-picky, understanding family. DH's only problem with the burritos was that they were too cheesy :rolleyes: (can anything be too cheesy???), and DS ate them up; he loves spinach. I am enjoying the new workouts.Turbo Barre has a bit of dread factor for me (even though it's a good workout), and I'm not too impressed with the yoga workouts, but I think the rest are pretty great. I already have Step, Jump, and Pump... too bad :D

Susan- If it wasn't for sleep, I'd be such a fit person ;)

We have a birthday gathering for my cousin this evening... beef stew. Normally comfort food is my downfall, but I'm not a big fan of that, so I think I'll be okay. Have a great day!

Hi gang! Even though I did the elliptical for 5 miles last night, I had watched the news and today was going to be the "better" morning for a run, so I woke up and ran 4.5 miles. I felt really good!:)

Laurie, glad you enjoyed your workout. It seems since hte time change, I have needed more sleep. Think cause it's so darn dark out!

Sam, I love beef stew so that dinner is right up my alley, especially with some warm dinner rolls... Yummmm:) Enjoy your evening!

I have parent/teacher conferences after work and then I am looking forward to my jammies and my book!

See you tomorrow!

Susan

Morning Ladies,

After work I got in S90 Back & Biceps. This morning was Cardio Kicks with 1# gloves, still love this workout. I have to give up my VHS tape and buy the DVD. :eek: Just at the end of the warm up it stalled. :( I stopped it, and re-inserted and it started up again.

Sam, Oh cheese is something that I can never have enough of. :D I am off for vacation this next week, so I will be looking at some more. I think that Cardio Fusion might be another one that is going on the block. ;) I didn't try out the barre work on Cathe's Lower Body Blast, those type of workouts are just something that I don't enjoy. I get to bored I think. :eek:

Susan, WTG on the run. I think that you are right on the darkness. I would love for the time change not to happen. Of course when it is so cold outside, it sure is much nicer to be warm in bed. ;)

Have a great day!

Good morning and happy Friday!

Yesterday I did Cardio and Weights. I really heavied up my weights this time (for me anyway), and I can feel it today. I felt sluggish during the cardio, though. Not sure why.

Laurie- Cardio Fusion is one I do not have, send me a pm if you'd like to sell it :) I don't think barre is my thing, either. I also tend to get impatient and bored. I find it a bit frustrating, also. Like yoga, I'm never sure if I'm doing it "right". Also, I always tend to feel it in my standing leg more than my working leg, which tells me my form is probably off. :confused:

Susan- There were biscuits... I had two! Forget the stew, gimme my carbs :)

Hi everyone else! Have a great weekend! I'm thinking this is the year we'll get a jump on things and get our Christmas lights up before Dec. 15th! :rolleyes:

Hey there! Today is my off day. Saturday will be Jillian's NMTZ and Sunday will be KenpoX.

Sam, gotta love the biscuits! I think I am going to make stew for dinner next week!:) Way to go by adding more weight!

Laurie, I too need to get the DVD of Cardio Kicks! Mine still works okay but how long can it last??:confused:

Quiet weekend ahead. DH and DS will be hunting. I will doing yard work and housework!

Enjoy your days ahead! Take care ~ Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.