Buff Badgers Week of March 5th

heartymax

Cathlete
The weather was absolutely beautiful this weekend. Sunny and high 50's. The boys enjoyed playing outside and it was just nice seeing them have so much fun. Saturday morning was a 40 minute ride on the elliptical. I have to admit this is a tough workout for me. My body is slowly adjusting. I just take it 10 minutes at a time. Take a water break and hope back on. I love my elliptical and it is smooth. The fan on it is not good at all. It is almost a waste. I can't believe SOLE couldn't do better than that. Sunday was the push up challenge.

Well----I decided to go ahead and start MESO 3 so I can finish it before spring break. This morning was STS chest and back followed by floorwork from Butts and Gutts. Those hamstring roll ins on the stability ball should have my hams singing to me tomorrow.

I think I need to consider doing legs twice a week after spring break to gear up for the summer. I am browsing through a variety of rotations trying to figure out what to do. I think I need to stick to a rotation so I can stay focused. I know I will get it figured out. I am hearing great things on the forum about the February rotation.

Have a great day ladies.

Morning Ladies,

No workouts for me this weekend, was suffering from TOM! :rolleyes: This morning was STS Disc 16 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. Fried all those body parts good.

heartymax, We didn't have good weather this weekend, glad that you and your family did get to enjoy yours though. :D I know that I have to have a rotation, or I will decide not to work out. Glad you are just going with M3, I think you will do just fine. ;)

Sam, The tower can only be purchased on line, but they do site to store so I think you don't have to pay for shipping. Not sure on that one though. ;)

Have a great day!

Good morning!

Friday I did Trisets Lower, Saturday was Slide & Glide cardio only and Trisets Upper. That was a 90 minute workout! Yesterday was supposed to be Yoga Relax, but I never got around to it, so it was a rest day.

Had a good weekend. MIL came over on Saturday to take DS to the park to play in the snow. Yesterday we had a family baby shower/birthday get together to go to. I made cake balls/truffles for the first time. Yum.

I didn't sleep well at all last night, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get up the energy for my workout this afternoon. I'll probably try to catch a quick nap first. Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day, and I'd like to keep it that way :p

Laurie- It's been awhile since I've done a rotation, and I'm already worried about TOM interrupting things. Day one I'm always completely drained... not to mention super crabby.

Heartymax- We had snow over the weekend, thunder snow on Friday! It's very pretty this morning, but we're supposed to have upper 50's ourselves this week. I'm looking forward to it. :cool:

Have a great day, everyone.

Heartymax -I'm dying for nice weather like you had. Shoveled wet, heavy snow on Friday with already sore biceps from CTX-Kickbox. NOT fun! I think taking 10 min. at a time on the elliptical is a good plan. You'll get better and better I'm sure. ;)

Laurie - Wasn't that snow on Friday night fun? :p Looking forward to Wednesday when it all melts.

Sam - I did a marathon 90+ min. workout on Friday, too! I'm with you on wanting the snow to leave although I'll bet your DS had fun playing in it.

On Friday night I had a ton of stress to work off so I did 10-10-10 cardio, Leaner Legs (skipped the abs) and then shoveled the driveway. According to my HRM I burned 950 calories! On Saturday I did major housework so that was my workout. Yesterday I did CTX All Step cardio including abs and biceps. No workout yet today but I plan on doing a CTX.

Yesterday's workout was 90 minutes. I got up early yesterday and felt energetic. Well, I guess I am paying for it this morning since I was sooo tired. I decided to take a rest day. I did do my push ups this morning.

Sam and Sue---sending some warm weather your way. Even though it was windy and cold yesterday. It is supposed to be back in the 60s by tomorrow.

Laurie----Meso 2 definitely fries the muscles because it works the entire musle group before moving on. I guess that is one good thing about my moving on to Meso 3. I can work chest and then back alternating without feeling so tired. This puts me in a postion to lift a little heavier.

Morning Ladies,

This morning was Hiit Double Wave Pyramid and 10lb Slimdown Recovery Core.

Sam, Hope you where able to have the energy for a workout. Those truffles sound good, are they a cake or a truffle. :D Cramps from TOM is getting harder to deal with as I get older, I'm really not looking forward to menopause if this is what leads up to it. :( Used to be just one day for me, now it is getting to 2-3 that I'm dealing with. :p I will stop the whine now. :D

Sue, Sorry to hear you are getting so much stress at work, at least it looks like you had a good workout afterward. I have not done 10-10-10 in a looooong time. Are you doing a CTX rotation? Sounds like fun if you are. I drove in that stuff twice. It was actually better when I left dd's dance class at 9pm.

heartymax, I do have to say that I really like M2 more than M1. I feel like I'm getting a better workout. We are getting that warm weather today.

Have a great day!

Good morning! Yesterday I did Athletic Training. I used the same weight as Cathe for the beginning cardio section, and I had to stop and suck wind for a minute (or three) before transitioning to the pushups. It seems that the pace for the weights is really fast in the LIS workouts. I have to lighten the weight a lot for biceps and triceps. Makes me feel wussy.

Laurie- The truffles are cake balls covered with chocolate. You've probably seen cake pops around. These just weren't on a stick. I'm almost sorry I know how to make them, and even sorrier that they're so easy :p

Sue- Sorry you're feeling a stressed. Working out is certainly a great way to get rid of at least some of it. I was mad at my dog yesterday for destroying some DIY decorations I had made and a pretty tealight holder and... well, it helped me get the energy up for my workout.

Heartymax- Look at us with our 90 minute workouts! :D Weather in the 50's today. I'm wearing short sleeves and pretending it's spring.

I'm looking forward to my rest day today. DS is home with DH who's taking him the the doctor as soon as he can get in. We're worried he might have pink eye. Yuck.

Have a great day, everyone.

Heartymax - Looks like you won't have to send the warm weather after all! It feels like spring today and I'm loving it. :D

Laurie - Not stress at work. At home. DD is giving me the stress but it's nothing I want to go into on a public forum. Things seem to be better this week but I've been fooled over and over for about 5 years now so I'm not holding my breath. Yes, I am doing a CTX rotation. Forgot how tough the upper body work is.

Sam - Cake balls covered with chocolate - yum! Now I've got to get that mental image out of my head before I start to crave sweets.

Did CTX Step 'n Intervals cardio and chest last night. DS was watching during the 1st set of chest presses and told me "C'mon, Mom. Bring the barbell all the way down to your chest!" So I started doing that which made the next 2 sets very tough. I was grunting like a guy during the down 1 count, up 3 count reps.

This morning I did CTX Power Circuit abs and back. It's my early morning so I didn't have time for anything else. Hoping to get outside for a walk tonight.

HAPPY SPRING !

This morning was Plyo Legs. I feel so energetic and awesome right now! That is definitely a leg and cardio workout all in one. I have to learn to incorporate this is whatever routine I am doing regardless if I am doing a rotation. I must have blasted off some fat from my thighs right????

Sue---I find my workouts to be the keep the stress away or relieve the stress. I just happened to enjoy the benefits that come with it. That is why I love the AM workouts. First, I have more energy then but it I go to work in a pretty good mood.

Sam----I have been trying on some of my spring/summer outfits just to see how I cute I look and eagerly waiting for the moment...:D

Laurie------DWP----oh my! That is the toughest of the Hiit workouts....dreadfactor.

Hi Susan!

Morning Ladies,

This morning was STS M2 Disc 17 Legs.

Sam, Yes I have seen those cake balls, so I know what you are talking about. Hope your DS doesn't have pink eye, those young ones have a hard time keeping their hands away from the itching. ;) LOL about the feeling whimpy, no way are we whimps. ;)

Sue, Understand about the dd, hope things start to get better. ;) The 4DS and CTX series are really great in the weight work. LOL about your DS pushing you, that is so great. :D

heartymax, Glad to hear that Plyo workout gave you added energy, those are the workouts that I'm looking forward to for the next Meso. Everyone says that DWP has the dread factor, but for me that one is my favorite of all the hiit! :eek: Probably because it doesn't use the step at all. I did 30/30 last week without the step, will have to see how 40/20 works next week. May have to preview that one to see if I need the step or not.

Have a great day!

Good morning! I've really got myself in a winter funk this week. I tried to make myself feel better yesterday by making these cookies. My goodness, they are good. But, I ate too many.

DS has conjunctivitis, but not a bad case. He's had three doses of eye drops and everything looks much better already.

I haven't been sleeping well/soundly, which is probably affecting my mood more than anything. I need to make myself go to bed nice and early tonight and take an Ambien. I also need to not take a nap this afternoon and do Turbo Barre... not my favorite, but at least it's a little slower for a low-energy day.

Heartymax- DWP is the toughest of the Hiits? I always thought it was 40/20, and have been afraid to even attempt it. DWP is hard, but doesn't have any more dread factor for me than 30/30.... though I dread that one, too :D

Laurie- My inner baker has suddenly emerged. I need to figure out a way to beat her into submission :rolleyes: ... especially if I'm ever going to attempt something like STS.

Sue- I've been known to grunt like a guy during chest flyes. :) I'm glad I work out in the basement and that DS is still too little to come spying on me!

Have a good day, everyone!

Sam---I hope you get some sunny weather to help you come out of your winter funk. I am ready for some steady state sunshine instead of this back and forth weather each day.

Laurie---I like 40/20 better than 30/30----but do know I take a 30 second rest in 40/20 so it is more like 40/30 for me:D.

Did I miss something-----is Susan out of town this week? I just see she hasn't checked in.

Today was push ups, 20 minutes on the elliptical and the cardio portion of Slide and Glide.

Morning Ladies,

Quick check in for me, have to get to a meeting in about 10 min. This morning was S90 Cardio Challenge and 10lb Slimdown Bonus Abs.

Sam, You are just baking away! :D I love to bake, so understand. Even with GS cookies in the house, I made a batch of oatmeal scotchies. They where so good though.

heartymax, I think 40/20 is my least favorite of all three. Maybe because of the 20 sec of rest. :D

Have a great day!

Good morning. I got some great sleep last night and feel a little better today, but still kind of down. I'm not sure what's going on. I think it's partly just being impatient for summer and finally getting to stay home with DS. It's hard when it feels like it should be close but it's still months away. I remember feeling the same way when I was pregnant with DS, whenever I have a big life-changing thing coming up, I just want to get there.

I did not work out yesterday, was just too drained and "down" feeling. I'm not sure if I'll do Turbo Barre today or just skip it and go to the next workout in the rotation. It's a doozy, though. That 90-minute marathon of Slide & Glide cardio and Trisets Upper. I may not be quite up for that.

It's possible I may scrap the idea of a rotation altogether, too. If I'm already crabby, I should do the workouts I feel like doing, right?

Heartymax- We should get some sun this afternoon, and Saturday it's supposed to be 57 and sunny! I can't wait.

Laurie- I can control myself once the baked goods are made and put away. It's when they're cooling that I can't stop sampling. If I'm going to be a baker, I'm going to have to come up with some coping strategies :)

Hi Sue! Hi Susan!

Have a good day everyone.

Heartymax - I like the idea of 40-30 better than 40-20. ;) It's a good way to work yourself up to 40-20 with fewer pauses to catch your breath (well that's what I do anyway).

Sam - I think it's the weather and the time of year that has you in a funk. I always need something to look forward to. On Friday we have a fundraiser dinner for marching band. The food is always good and we get to bid on prizes. Last year we won Badger hockey tickets and the year before we won Packer pre-season tickets. I predict you'll start feeling better next week after the time change. I know I'm looking forward to it being lighter when I wake up. :D

Laurie - My mom used to make Oatmeal Scotchies all the time so your post made me smile. :D Maybe I'll make those this weekend so I can share the tradition with my kids. Yeah, that Lenten resolution to give up baked goods isn't going so well. :(

Susan - Hope all is well with you.

Had an awesome workout last night! Did CTX Power Circuit cardio on 6" step with 40 lb barbell and 12 pound dumbbells and then repeated the step and kickbox circuits on 4" step with body weight only for the leg work. Then I did PC abs. This morning I did Jillian 6 Week 6 Pack workout #1.

Edited to add: I think I have it backwards. It'll be lighter after work but not when I wake up.

Last edited:
I'm here! Sorry I have not posted this week! I was so busy at work and at home too!:) My weekend was a blur, very busy and only walking for workouts. Monday was my rest day.

Tues: Elliptical
Wed: S90 chest/sh/tri
Thurs: S90 Tabata
Friday: S90 Total Body

I am really in the Spring mood since it's been so nice outside! I am starting running agin this Saturday and looking forward to it!:)

If I don't check in later_ I hope you all have a great weekend. As I said I hope to run Saturday and Sunday S90 Legs.

I pre-ordered Cathes new workouts last week and also her latest Cardio Supersets. Sue, I also checked Jillians workouts and plan to purchase the 6week 6 pack and her new lower body one. ;)

Take care- Susan

Susan---glad you checked in. The weather here has been nice too. Even our dog is extra happy these days:D.

Sue--You had a tough workout yesterday. How do you like Jillian's ab workout? I think she does a great job working the abs.

Sam---Hope you got the expected sunshine. Nice weather will definitely make you feel better. It is hard to have the energy to workout when you are feeling gloomy. If it continues----just pull out that good ole Rhythmic Step with the awesome music that you love and try to get in a part if not all of it.:D

Laurie---never heard of oatmeal scotchies----is that a fancy word for oatmeal cookies. I LOVE oatmeal cookies.

This morning was Meso 3 Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps---MY FAVORITE muscle group combination to work out. I really concentrated on my form for triceps today so I think I did a better job working the muscle.

The plan for the weekend is to do: Elliptical and push ups on Saturday.

Morning Ladies,

This morning was STS M2 Disc 18 Back & Biceps. I think this had to be one of my favorite weeks of M2 with the back off sets. The prep work for going to M3 is really great.

Sam, Glad that you got some needed sleep. ;) Oh yes always do the workout that makes you feel good. I know I have changed up workouts all the time, because it just felt better.

Sue, Sounds like you are having fun with your CTX rotation. ;) I never make Lenten resolutions, it just never works out with food stuff. I always make myself a goal that pertains to praying, giving or being nicer. Sometimes those are the toughtest to do everyday. ;) If you do make the cookies, I found that using the recipe from Quaker for Disappearing Oatmeal Cookies works the best. ;)

Susan, No problem with you not checking in, we just miss you of course. :D Nice that you are back to running again. Did you decide what your female instructor rotation would be like? :) I don't think that you will regret getting that Jillian workout.

heartymax, I'm really wanting to do that upper body combo next month! :D Those are my favorites also. I love working my biceps the most. ;) Yes Scotchies are a basic oatmeal cookie, but you add in butterscotch chips instead of raisins. I think my DH ate most of them. :eek:

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning! I'm feeling much better today. I slept in till 6:30, and it was glorious! The weather is cold, but the sun is helping my mood a lot.

No workout yesterday. I was still feeling majorly grouchy. I will workout today. I'll probably pick a favorite just to get myself moving again.

Heartymax- I thought of Rhythmic Step. We'll see. I might do Low Impact Circuit since it never fails to put a smile on my face.

Laurie- My DH would LOVE oatmeal scotchies! He's such a nut about butterscotch. I'll have to make them the next time I do cookies.

Sue- You're right. I need something to keep my going this time of year. DH said he's going to give me a "mental health" day tomorrow and take DS somewhere, so I'm looking forward to that. My Lenten resolution has gone totally out the window. Some years I do really well and some years not. Since I'm not Catholic, I don't worry about it too much :D I should do something more along the lines of what Laurie does... and probably not food related :confused: You definitely have a lot of energy lately! I've been eyeing CTX for over a year now. Maybe with the sale I could swing it...

Susan- I think you'll like Cardio Supersets. It's sort of like Afterburn, but not as hard, so you get a nice endorphin rush from it.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Susan - I think you will like Jillian's 6 Week 6 Pack. She combines short cardio bursts with ab/core work. You go through all the exercises and then she repeats. I'm going to stick with workout 1 for a while. I tried workout 2 but only did the exercises 1 time through and I was spent! Will have to work my way up to doing the whole thing. I haven't pre-ordered the new Cathes yet but I'm sure I'll cave before the price goes up. I just have such a dread factor when it comes to her new stuff. :confused:

Heartymax - I love Jillian's ab workout. She gives a beginner and advanced version for each exercise which is nice. I hope the nice weather continues for you.

Laurie - Maybe I should try coming up with a non-food resolution. I found that recipe and I'm definitely going to try it this weekend. I hope my DH doesn't eat them all. (He's been snacking a lot and needs to cut back.)

Sam - I used to feel guilty about sleeping in and missing a workout until I read that depriving your body of sleep raises cortisol levels and actually makes you fatter. So now I'm all for listening to my body. Isn't it funny how a little thing like a sunny day can change your outlook? Enjoy your mental health day! I need one of those, too.

Did 2 Leslie Fat Burning Miles this morning + CTX Biceps and Triceps. I noticed this morning that my middle is starting to "whittle". I think it's a combination of more consistent workouts, slightly better eating and more ab/core workouts. I definitely got lazy about my core workouts. Unfortunately, at 47 most of my fat is around my middle. This wasn't the case until a couple of years ago so it's frustrating. Tomorrow I will do Leaner Legs and I'm not sure about Sunday yet. I plan to continue CTX for 1-2 more weeks. Maybe even longer. I might do other cardio to mix it up and will definitely continue with Jillian 6 Pack.

Everyone have a GREAT weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.