Buff Badgers Week of Jan. 30th

heartymax

Cathlete
Hard to believe that we are in the last couple of days of January. I didn't get around to doing STS Legs until yesterday. This morning was Athletic Step. It is funny how I hated this workout the first time I did it and the last time I liked it and this morning I thought it was a great step workout without all that high impact. I think I will be reaching for it more often.

I have finished Meso 1 so I am now in recovery week. I am either planning to do all cardio this week or alternate cardio with some circuit workouts. I will take it one day at time and see what happens.

Morning Ladies,

Well Saturday I got in my workouts 10lb SDX Total Body and Recovery Core. Sunday was our first workshop for faire, and I didn't get home until after 7:30pm so didn't want to workout. This morning TTOM hit like a tidal wave! :rolleyes: I'm hoping to be ok to workout after work, because I was starting STS this week. Guess I didn't plan that very well. :D So if I'm feeling up to it I will be doing STS Disc 1 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and Weider X-Factor ST Week 5 (this was Sunday's workout).

heartymax, I wish I could do step, the one time I did do Athletic Step I actually liked it. Congrats on finishing Meso 1.

Sam, Check your PM! ;)

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning!

I had a good weekend. Friday was Totally Cool Step one last time before it went in the mailbox. I even did the bonus cardio as an add on that links all six combos together. It was really fun.

Saturday was Muscle Endurance. my muscle must not have much endurance because I'm still sore :D, especially my hamstrings... all those leg presses :eek:

Sunday was 4DS Kickbox, cardio only. I made DH join me. He seemed to get the hang of it about midway through, but I realized I took certain things for granted. He didn't even know how to do a step-touch or a tap-out. I suppose since the only videos he's done have been S90, he's not used to following along and doing exactly what the instructor is doing. He refused to stretch, too :rolleyes:

Not sure yet about today. My muscles wouldn't let me get out of bed for a workout this morning, but I think I should be getting TA's Mat workout from Kineticflix this afternoon, which I could do upstairs without crating the dog. Or, I may just do Yoga Relax or a segment from Stretch Max for my tired hammies :)

Heartymx- Athletic Step is another I've got in my queue. It looks like it would be right up my alley ;)

Laurie- I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you're posting at the same time as me :p I got your pm, and I will make sure to respond sometime today.

Yesteday we went to the mall to pick up a few things and get DS's hair cut. I went into Old Navy to check out their workout wear and, wow! They had sports bras for $10 each if you bought two or more. I was skeptical of the support. It seems like every time I buy cheapies, I can only use them for weightlifting because they can't handle any impact, but these were really nice! Then, some very nice lady gave me a $10 off coupon that she wasn't using.. so I got two bras for ten bucks! I was really happy because I usually have to drop at least $30 on just one. Now I'll all set for the roadtrip, at least in that area :D

Have a great Monday, everybody!

Hi gang! Well, my weekend was productive, cleaning wise. Woke up at 5:30 and shoveled on Saturday, then walked Ruby. Then from 7:30 - 3:15 I proceeded to clean, clean, CLEAN! My house looks so nice now, I didn't want to leave for work this morning!:) Yesterday I was stUck downstairs, organizing, cleaning, etc.. So basicallybesides cleaning, no official workout was done this weekend! Today I did S90 Total Body.

Laurie, can't believe you're already thinking about your Faire! Yikes! But hopefully, Summer will arive sooner then expected. I am done with winter!

Sam, I keep telling myself to go to Old Navy and see what they have. I see the ads on TV for their fitness wear. We actually have an outlet tore too!

Heartymax, enjoy your recovery week!:D

Susan

Well, I'm jealous of all the workouts everyone got in. I've been sick with a bad sinus cold and fever so didn't workout since last week (Wednesday or Thursday?). I didn't leave the house at all on Saturday or Sunday and slept a ton. Today I'm at work but still congested. I'm going to try to do some cardio tonight. Might only be Leslie (something easy).

Susan - I really needed to clean my house this weekend but it didn't get done. I was lucky to get the laundry done with help from the kids. I'm done with winter, too!

Sam - Great deal on exercise bras. I have one that's really great for high impact. Everything else I have to double-up or use just for weights.

Laurie - It does seem a bit early to be talking Faire but on the other hand, they're already auditioning for marching band for the summer/fall so maybe it's not. I can't imagine all the planning that goes into that.

Heartymax - Enjoy your recovery week. I need to do Athletic Step again. I think I've only done it once.

Laurie----So you are venturing out to STS again. Enjoy it!

Sue--I think this was only my 3rd time doing Athletic Step. I guess I should make sure I try a workout at least 3 times before I consider it a dust collector:rolleyes:.

Susan---I was thinking of the old "pine sol" fresh clean commercial as I read your post.

Sam---a good sports bra is expensive and hard to find. I have some old ones that were getting worn and some that are not as supportive as I would like. I just decided to double them up. Wearing two of the not so great ones actually makes a good one:rolleyes: and I get use of them after all. It has been working.

No workout this morning. I went to bed early and DH told me that needed to read over a research project that my son finished up at the last night. Oh well----at least I got something productive done and was just lounging around doing nothing :D

Have a great day!

Hi gang! Went to bed late, did not sleep well, and overslept this morning!:mad: So, I will be getting on my elliptical after work. I have not done the Extreme Heart Rate program in a while so I think I will, while watching Biggest Loser!:)

Sue, I hope you are feeling better today! I am glad I have not yet gotten sick this season. ( fingers crossed)

Heartymax, I told everyone at work my house was "mountain fresh clean":D

Have a great day ladies! Stay strong~ Susan

Morning Ladies,

I did manage to get in the STS Disc 1 Chest, Shoulders & Bicep workout after work yesterday. I still wasn't feeling great, but afterward I was glad that at least did the weight workout. This morning was much better, and I did the Weider X-Factor ST Week 5 workout and Susan Chung's Rapid Fire only the Shadow Boxing with weighted gloves. That was 18 min. total, loved that portion. Some of the camera angles on that one are strange. :confused: Really feeling the upper body, will give some details on the Week 5, I did write them down but didn't bring the list to work. ;) One legged burpees where in it though. :eek:

Sam, I will have to venture into Old Navy soon also, really need some new sports bras. ;) Got to love those men and the non stretching. :D I love the kickboxing portion of 4DS!

Susan, Oh how I wish I had been home enough to get some of the housework done. Feels like I'm living in a tornado, and I think that it is all mail. I just keep putting it into a pile, but will have to deal with it soon. :eek: Yes we have started thinking about the faire, seems like we just finished. :eek:

Sue, Sorry to hear you have been sick, seems to be going around with the up and down weather. Anything that you can get done (or feel like getting done), even though you are congested should be worth it. ;)

heartymax, Yes I'm starting up STS again, I feel really motivated about it this time. I think that after the holidays was just the wrong time to start for me. I didn't feel really good about the weight increase from eating things I shouldn't have over that time. ;)

Have a great day!

Good morning! No workout yesterday. I'm still feeling the effects of Muscle Endurance! Good grief. I've done that workout before and wasn't nearly this sore. I think it's because I did the leg press on the 16" step this time, when I normally just use 14".

Sue- Sorry you've been feeling bad! It's so frustrating when you're sick and you want to work out. That always seems to happen to me right after I start getting back into the groove after a break.

Susan- I was thinking of you yesterday and had a sudden urge to organize my pantry. I sat down until the urge went away ;) This time of year my house always looks terrible. I could use a full day just to clean and organize.

Heartymax- Yes! I've been doubling up sometimes on my cheap ones. I really am pleasantly surprised by the Old Navy ones. I got the "molded cup" variety. I looked silly jumping up and down in the dressing room, but they really work!

Laurie- At first I was so befuddled with DH refusing to stretch, but then I remembered my early days of working out with vidoes when I would always skip the stretch, too. I'd get so bored. Now it's my favorite part of an workout.

So... I finally tried coconut oil. I kept reading about it on the Open Discussion board and a few other places, so I took the plunge and shelled out $11 for a jar of it last night. I had a little on my toast this morning. I love coconut, so I thought it was delicious. The big surprise, though, was a) how full I still feel from one slice of toast and b) how hot I am!!!! I looked online, and I guess it raises your body temperature. Crazy. I've been fanning myself all morning.

I'll be working out this afternoon. As usual, I'm not sure what I'll do yet. I think I might be in a Cardio and Weights mood. Have a great day!

Heartymax - Yes, you were productive last night and now tonight you'll be raring to go!

Susan - EHR during BL sounds like fun. I forgot to tell you that DH shocked the heck out of me when we were in Sears 2 weeks ago and he stopped to look at treadmills and ellipticals! I might be wearing him down. ;)

Laurie - I felt better after my workout last night, too. One-legged burpees! :eek: That's just mean. I know Cathe has them in 1 of her new w/o's but I don't do very many before switching to regular burpees.

Sam - Where did you find your coconut oil? I've been curious about this, too, although I don't think I should eat it for breakfast. We have a small upstairs bathroom where I get ready and after showering I have to turn the fan on - even in the middle of winter - so I don't need anything else heating up my body at that time of day. :)

Last night I did KCM Circuit Blast Plyo workout + SJP abs. This morning I did GS Legs Timesaver 32 min. My legs now feel like lead. Definitely feeling the effects of trying to workout after 4 days of rest after being sick.

Sam---I can't imagine being up on a 16 inch step and I am 5 ft. 7. How tall are you? My hamstrings would be sore for days:eek: ROTFL about you jumping up and down in the dressing room. Only a "real" exerciser could understand the meaning of that.

Laurie---we are all guilty of the holiday eating pleasures and trying to get back on track.

Sue----I am definitely planning to replace my machine for Christmas. If I didn't have this vacation planned, I would have done it now but I have to wait. I am just fortunate that I don't depend on a machine for my main source of exercise.

Hi Susan!

I got the dust off more workouts this morning.:D Today was Circuit Cardio Blast and the functional core work from Cardio Core Circuit.

Mornin' everyone! Yesterday I did the Cardio and Weights premix from Body Max 2, and this morning I did Hiit 30/30. I'm feeling good :D

Heartymax- I am somewhere between 5'4" and 5'5". I think next time I'll take it down to 14" at least for the last set. I didn't use weight for the very last set and my legs still gave out on he last rep or two. I don't know how Cathe does it. I think she's only 5'3".

Sue- I got mine at Woodman's, but I think you can find it at health food stores, or even the health food section at regular grocery stores. My body doesn't seem to be responding quite as crazily today. I have to remember not to take it before bed, though. I'd sweat to death!

I had a good day of eating for the first time in ages yesterday. No sugar! I need to remember that I feel better when I don't eat sugar. Darn stuff is so addicting.

Have a greadt day, everyone!

Morning Ladies,

This morning was M1W1 Disc 2 Back & Biceps. The chin-up/pull-ups where not to dreadful. :D I actually felt really strong this morning doing them, and cranked out more that the required 12.

Sam, I will get back to you on the PM soon, just have been really busy. Athletic Step is yours also. ;) Congrats on the good eating day!

Sue, I feel like I'm not doing those burpees properly, but then again those are pretty tough after a while so form goes out the window at that point. :eek: Good workout combo, the plyo work really does a number to those legs also. I think GS legs is a killer even on the premixes. Too many low pulse lunges. ;)

heartymax, I have not done CCC in a while either. Has a bit of dread factor for me.

Here is the breakdown for the week 5 Weider workout:

Warm-Up
Knee Huggers 30 sec.
Speed Skaters 45 sec.
Single Leg Burpees R/L 45 sec. each side
Superman 90 sec.
Scuba Divers (swimmers) 45 sec.
Single Leg Squat w/jump R/L 45 sec. each side
Break
Burpees 30 sec.
Wide V-Legs 45 sec.
Bicyles 90 sec.
Split Lunges 30 sec.
Kettlebell Swing (no kb) 45 sec.
Standing Knee Raise w/Kickback R/L 45 sec
Break
Repeat
Cooldown

Have a wonderful day!

Hi ladies! This morning was S90 Back & Bi's. It's the first time I have had to do this one and I liked it a lot!:) Last night I did get on the elliptical for Extreme HR as well.

Laurie, that looks like one tough workout!

Sam, congrats on your clean eating. After my brothers death I kind of slid back into old habits but over the weekend I got my mojo back and have been doing really well so far. Feeling much better!:D

Heartymax, sounds like you got a good workout in this morning! I am 5'6 and my stool is about 14 1/2 ". I think if it were any higher my head would hit the drop ceiling in our basement!:eek:

Hi Sue!

Have a great day ladies! Stay strong~ Susan

Heartymax - Great workout this morning! What kind of machine do you have - treadmill or elliptical? I think an elliptical would be better for me. It's low impact and takes up less space, too.

Sam - Sugar is my downfall, too. I just love cookies, cake, muffins, donuts, chocolate, Lucky Charms . . .you name it. One thing that helps sometimes is to drink Swiss Miss Diet Hot Chocolate. It's only 25 calories and yeah, I know it's artificial sweetener so not good for you but I figure it's better than eating a handful of cookies. I've never seen coconut oil in the stores but I'll have to pay attention more. We have a health food store on my way home that I could try.

Laurie - High 5 on the chinups/pullups! I use the Woody Band for those so I can do quite a few. Well, for the 1st set anyway. I always read the description of the Weider workouts thinking "that's not too bad" and then I get to the line which says "Repeat" and I change my mind.

Susan - You're doing fantastic. I slid back into old eating habits for months and months after my mom's death. Lots of stress in cleaning out and then selling the house. Some drama, too.

Ow, ow, ow! My quads are soooo sore today! I think it was the combo of plyo, GS Legs and not working out for several days. This morning I did GS BSB Timesaver. Not sure what I'll be able to do for cardio tomorrow with my sore quads but I'll figure out something. Then on to Slow and Heavy next week!

Sue---I have a treadmill that has been broken for a little over a year. DH attempted to fix it a few times He dragged that out here and there for a year and finally said he couldn't fix it. It was almost 9 years old when it broke. One of my classmates got an elliptical and she said that she likes it and it is knee friendly.

Susan and Sam - I have the old wooden step by the FIRM so mine is 14 inches. I have the 10 inch box too which obviously comes in handy for a few things around the house since I have to go looking for it occassionally. :eek:

Laurie---I agree with you on the dread faction for Cardio Core Circuit. That is exactly why I just added on the ab work. Cardio Circuit Blast was not that bad. Other than for the ab work, I don't know if I will dust off CCC for a complete workout.

Today was TriSets Lower Body. I know it is recovery week but I was in the mood for a lower body workout. The weights are not heavy and it was fun. I can't do those one leg squats when you put down the 5lb dumbells and pick it back up. Is Cathe crazy or what:D I just subbed something in its place.

Have a great day ladies!

Morning Ladies,

This morning was the Weider XFST Wk5, and KCM's 30MTF Punching Premix.

Susan, WTG on the workouts, those 2nd month of S90 weight workouts are good ones even though they are a bit longer. ;) The Weider workouts increase in intensity every week, so I'm really curious how that last week will end up. :D

Sue, One thing that these workouts have in them are modifiers! :eek: Say it isn't so. I go between the person doing the adv. to the one doing Intermediate. So really anyone can do these workouts, but work at your own level. ;) Hope you are able to do cardio, and that your quads have become less sore.

heartymax, Your lower body can take it, so they really don't need as much recovery as your upper body. ;) I know a lot of people that say the same as you and I do on CCC. It is a good workout, but I think some of the cardio blasts are to long. Felt that way in Imax3 also. :eek:

Have a great day!
Laurie

Good morning/afternoon ladies! This morning was S90 Cardio Challenge. I like this workout! I was going to go for a run but just wasn't in the mood.

DH is gone on a fishing trip with a bunch of his buddies until Sunday morning. Hmmm.. he better stay out of trouble! :eek: I have a feeling not much "fishing" is going to get done!

Laurie, I am going to look at those Weider workouts again... All you do is tempt me! Tony Horton was on QVC the other night selling P90X2. I am still wishy-washy on it. I am going to wait to hear reviews.

Sue, you know how much I love my elliptical! ;) I really love the all programs it came with also. Much more fun than a treadmill in my opinion.

Have a great day girls! Check back later~ Susan

Have a great weekend ladies. I am taking the day off to rest my hamstrings. My legs are always screaming the next day after a good leg workout. I plan on doing a cardio only workout tomorrow morning. I am meeting some old coworkers for lunch at a restaurant that has my favorite dessert----they make the best apple pie. I cannot promise you that I am going to pass on dessert;).

Meso 2 starts on Monday.

Sue---I guess we both have leg DOMS!:D

Sam----I love junk food too so I understand how hard it is to resist the temptation of sweets. I also know how I like my abs when I cut back on the sugar.

Susan---ellipticals definitely seem to be very popular these days. I am definitely going for another machine later this year.....if I can resist to then. What brand do you have? If I consider an elliptical, I want to make sure it is something that my hubby and I can both use. I am 5 ft. 7 and DH is 5 ft. 10. I have read something about getting the correct stride.

Laurie--Imax 3 is a dust collector also. Just too high impact for me. I am glad I realized earlier this week that Athletic Step is a great workout without all that jumping.

Have a great weekend ladies.

Morning Ladies,

This morning was STS Disc 3 Legs. Plan on getting that missed Weider Wk5 workout done tomorrow. ;)

Susan, I know for sure that I'm not getting P90X2. ;) I think that with STS, P90X and S90 I'm well covered for good weight workouts. I like these Weider workouts, and they don't have the dread factor that Insanity has. But I might be trying those Insanity again, but maybe not at the pace that Shaun says to go. ;)

heartymax, See how my legs feel after this workout, I'm hoping not to bad so that I can get some cardio in tomorrow. ;)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.