Buff Badgers Week of Jan. 2nd

heartymax

Cathlete
Happy New Year Buff Badgers!

DH and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary on new years eve. Sunday was church and eating some black eyed peas which I love. For some reason, I don't cook them any other time of the year. I also made some yams because I made some for Christmas and they were so good. I never make yams so they turned out good and I wanted to make them again.

On Saturday, I did Low Impact Step followed by 25 minutes of Turbo Barre. I just wanted to check out that workout since I had no clue what it was about. I think it was a great addition to my step workout. Still had some difficulty with some of the tricky moves, so I had to make up my own moves for some parts.

I spent the weekend trying to figure out what my rotation would be. I looked at the undulating rotation but decided that is something I need to try after I have gone through STS again so guess what---STS again it is. I have gone through STS 3 1/2 month rotation, followed by doing just Meso 1 and 2 and later on doing just Meso 2. Now, I am going to do the 3 1/2 month rotation again.

This morning was Disc 1 followed by the first 15 minutes of Jillians abs.

I won't necessary say that I made any resolutions but I did spend some time reflecting.

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday season. Now that it is over, I must focus on cutting back on those carbs. I gained about 2 pounds which I know with a one good week of decent eating that I will drop so I am not sweating the small stuff;).

Good morning! New Year's Eve was great. I'd never seen a comedian live before; it was a lot of fun to hear new material and see him in person. They had a balloon drop at midnight and then we headed home right away. We got pizza, really bad-for-you pizza, beforehand. Yum!

Saturday I did the combos only premix of Imax 3 followed by intervals 1-5.
Sunday I did Muscle Endurance. It was my first time with that one. I really liked it. It kind of reminded me of a Jari Love workout.

My back is feeling pretty much back to normal, but I'm still staying really light for back exercises.

Heartymax- I know black-eyed peas are supposed to be eaten on New Year's, but I've never done it. I considered it because I just got a coookbook that had a hoppin' jon recipe in it. Maybe I'll still get the good luck if I eat them the first week of the New Year :D

No fitness resolutions for me this year, other than just doing what I'm doing. I have some things I want to get done around the house, mainly de-cluttering and some easy DIY projects.

I'd like to be a positive person this year, living joyfully everyday. I've got a good life, and I'd like to give off a more positive energy to those around me. That's not exactly a measurable resolution, but it's something to keep in mind.

Have a great day everyone! This is my last day off work, and I intend to enjoy it :)

Morning Ladies,

Hope everyone had a great time on New Years Eve. This week sure went by fast, but I'm glad that I still have one more day before I have to go back to work tomorrow. That will be a really busy day. :rolleyes: Oh well.

I've kept up with my workouts, and I to am going to be doing a round of STS. Yesterday started the rotation, and I also received something on my wish list that I gave to DH. He got me the Weider X-Factor ST 12 Disc Series. I did the first workout in that one yesterday, alonge with MMA Boxing. I only did the 30 min of boxing/lower body work on that one. Then I did Disc 2 Back & Triceps of Meso 1.

I have not worked out yet this morning, but I'm planning on Disc 1 Chest, Shoulders & Biceps and 10lb Slimdown Extreme Cardio Kickboxing.

heartymax, Congrats on your 17th Aniversary Celebration. I didn't make any resolutions either, they just don't work for me. ;) I know that when we where with our friends, they where quite happy to let '11 go bye bye. With job losses for them, but new jobs and better prospects for the new year ahead for them! It makes looking at the new year better. :D

Have a great day!

Hello there all! I did not workout this weekend!:confused: Felt good to sleep in and rest though! Yesterday and this morning I sat down and thought of my Fitness goals for the year, then I wrote up a S90 + Running rotation. I never gave S90 the "full 90 days" but I am going to this time. I added in running 2 days a week but if weather does not allow it, then I will get on the elliptical. I weighed in this morning and was up 2 pounds which I expected. Too many salty foods over the weekend. Like you Heartymax, I am not worried!;) I have not been drinking enough water lately either. Once it gets cold outside, I really have to make myself drink enough.

Laurie, I have not heard of that Weider workout. Let us know how it goes!

Sam, I like Muscle Endurance! Hope you enjoy your last day!

Heartymax, Happy Anniversary! I too am cutting down on the starchy carbs and focusing on the fresh veggies, lean meats.

Hi Sue!
HI Lala!

Hope everyone has a great day today! Go Badgers!!:eek:

Susan

Back again! After I logged off I realized I never said what I was doing today!:p

My new rotation starts with S90 Tabata. That'll be a good wake-up call!:)

Good Morning! Like some of you, I have 1 more day off before heading back to reality tomorrow. First I have to shovel snow and then I'll workout. I'm going to try Kelly's new Step Boxing one. I did Your Best Body yesterday and liked it. I considered starting off the year with STS but decided I'd rather visit some older Cathe weight workouts like GS, PS, CTX and 4DS first. I've spent time taking inventory of my workout collection so I can make better use of what I have. My goal is to use every single DVD/VHS I have this year (unless it's on the pile to get rid of) and I need to do a better job getting rid of what I don't like. I feel like somewhat a hoarder when it comes to exercise dvds. I hang onto a workout I don't really like feeling like some day when I'm older or injured, I may use it. Well, that's just silly. We'll probably have some new technology by then and if I didn't care for the instructor or the moves before, I probably won't in the future either.

Heartymax - Happy Anniversary! DH would like it if we were married on New Years Eve because it would make it easy for him to remember the date! I heard on tv that's it's supposed to bring you good luck in the new year to eat black-eyed peas (and I thought they said collard greens as well). Don't you wish Cathe had a shorter premix on Turbo Barre? The shortest premix is 52 min. and I get fatigued way before then. :eek:

Sam - Sounds like a fun New Years you had! I like your resolution of being more positive. I need to be more positive myself (or at least neutral) about things I can't change anyway.

Laurie - I agree that 2011 was full of bad news and I'm hopeful that 2012 will be better. I never heard of the Wieder X-Factor. Is that cardio?

Hi, Susan! Are you back at work today?

Hi, Susan! You snuck in while I was posting. :D Have fun with S90 Tabata. The rests are the favorite part of that workout for me. :p

Sam--- a comedy show sounds like fun. I told DH a few years ago that I wanted to go to showfor my birthday---but at the time the place a friend recommended didn't have any acts of interest for my bday weekend. Anyway, the topic has never come up again. I guess it won't unless I bring it up;)

Susan---sounds like a great rotation to start off the new year! Running is something you seem to love so definitely keep your passion in your rotation.

Laurie----Did I read your check in correctly? You did THREE workouts on Sunday. You GO GIRL! I do believe that I will see better results if I added a short cardio to my STS days. I get up so early already and I just can't imagine how I will find the time. Maybe adding the 20 minute slide and glide or a 30 minute step or kickbox or something. I gotta get in some extra cardio some kind of way.

Sue--- I love your goal to use every workout this year or Toss it. I remember hanging on to my old FIRMS for years. I too---kept saying what if I need to go back to them because of an injury or something and I need to take it easy. They were just collecting dust. We had our collard greens yesterday because I was too lazy to cook them on Sunday.

Today's workout was Imax 2. I did the entire workout. I can't imagine having the energy to do Air Jacks during this workout. I did kick out those tuck jumps though. I finished up with abs/planks from Ab Hits. Great workout today and feeling energetic!

Morning Ladies,

Ahh, back to work. :p This morning was Weider X-Factor ST Week 1 and 30MTF TLC Boxing. After work I will get in STS Disc 3 Legs.

Sam, Looks like we posted about the same time yesterday. I love your positive person everyday. ;) Glad to hear that back is getting better for you.

Susan, Oh I hear you on the salty foods. Have to get back to work, just to avoid all those things at home. ;) I think that we have a couple of parties to go to in the next few weekends, but I'm hoping to watch it during those events.

Sue, How was Kelly's step workout? The X-Factor workouts are what I would call Insanity lite. :D The workouts go something like this.
Warm-Up 5 min.
Plank Hold 30 sec
Table Hold 45 sec
Alt Forward Lunge with arms raised out to sides 60 sec
Bicycle 30 sec
Superman 45 sec
Sumo Squat with knee raise 60 sec
Rest
In-Out Abs 30 sec
Swimmers 45 sec
Shadow Boxing 60 sec
Wide Push-Ups 30 sec
Rope Pulls 45 sec
Frog Jumps 60 sec
Rest
Repeat all the above (workout is about 28 min.)
Cooldown 4 min.

This is the first workout I have looked at, so will let you know how the other ones are. There are 12 workouts, 8 of the workout are like the above and they get tougher as the weeks go on. There are four other workouts Abs, yoga, total body and I don't remember the other one. There is also a cd that has all the nutrition and workout information. You do each DVD for the week 3 times. So Mon, Wed, Fri, and then on Tue & Thurs you do whatever cardio you want to do. They also recommend 30 min of other cardio on the 3 days of the week that you do these workouts. I really like the instructor, but the girl on this DVD makes me a little nuts with her shadow boxing form. :rolleyes: Overall I enjoyed the workout and will continute to use them because I wasn't looking at the time constantly. Can purhcase them at Walmart or Target for something like $40.

heartymax, Yes I did three workouts, but two of those averaged about 35 min each. I like mixing up my instructors to make my workouts more fun. :D WTG on the Imax workout! I would say that adding on 30 min. of cardio would be a good idea, but yes the time factor is something to consider. I am doing cardio in the mornings, and then the STS workouts after work. I know for me it is easier to do weight work when I get home vs. cardio. ;)

Good morning! Yesterday I did Rhythmic Step. No workout yet today.

According to my UPS tracking number, TA's Meta will be on my doorstep sometime today. I'll have to take a gander at everything and figure out exactly how I'm going to use it. I want to do a full rotation, but I want to continue to incorporate traditional weights. I also don't plan on doing her cardio too much (who could do the same cardio for 90 days????).

I've VERY curious to see what the diet is. I know most people don't follow it and find it too restrictive. I hear there's a lot of juicing involved. I don't care for sweet juices, so I doubt I'll follow it much either.

Laurie- I was thinking of getting Weider X-factor for DH if he ever finishes S90. They look like his kind of workouts.

Heartymax- I don't think I could get those air jacks done in the morning, either. Way to go on having the courage to even attempt an Imax in the morning! And.. Happy Anniversary! I meant to say so yesterday and forgot :eek: The comedy show was out Christmas gift to each other. Jim Gaffigan is a fovorite of ours, and it was $$$.

Sue- How did Step Boxing go? That was the one of KCM's newest that I was most interested in. Have fun taking inventory. I don't have a lot compared to some, but I'm still hanging onto some way too easy workouts thinking I'll do them after having another baby or something. Still can't part with my FIRMs even though I hardly ever touch them.

Susuan- Sounds like a tough rotation. I'd really like to encourage DH to add more cardio to his neverending S90 rotation, but I'm just happy if he manages to get in something once a week.

Have a great day everyone.

Hello! Today was S90 Chest & Back and I added in some extra AB work. Tomorrow depending on the temps I want to run but man was it cold this morning ( nega. numbers with wind chill):eek: . May be hopping on the elliptical!:)

Laurie, after seeing your post about the Weider workouts I searched on the internet. It seemed somewhat similar ro S90? What do you think? Maybe it was the time thing, they both seem to have less than 1 hour routines. With getting up so darn early in the morning less than an hour is very appealing!:)

Sam, everytime I do an S90 workout, I try to get DH to go and do it with me. He is too chicken!:p

Heartymax, I hate the air jacks in IMAX2 and much rather prefer tuck jumps myself. The ones in that workout just seem to go on and on!

Hi Sue! I had to chuckle over liking those rests in Tabata. When I try to explain Tabata to Dh he doesn't understnad how 20 seconds can be tough! I hope you have great results with STS. I loved the results I had from sticking to P90X and hope to see good ones after sticking to S90!

Have a good night everyone! Susan

Heartymax - Great job on those tuck jumps. I think those are harder than air jacks or maybe air jacks are easier for me to cheat on! ;-)

Laurie - That workout sounds pretty tough. I know what you mean about constantly looking at the clock. I liked Kelly's new step boxing w/o. It's slower-paced than her original step kickboxing w/o which was ridiculously fast. I liked the combos and was able to get most of it the first time through. I don't like to preview workouts as a general rule but I did watch the 4 min. Tutorial where she breaks down some of the moves. That helped a lot. I read workout #2 is more complex so we'll see how I do with that one.

Sam - I took a look at TA's diet and it was very low calorie and did not look doable (for me). I'd like to try juicing or green smoothies once in a while. We got a super-duper blender for Christmas but I haven't tried it yet.

Susan - Your DH sounds like my kids when they walk through while I'm working out and say "That doesn't look so hard". Yeah, well you didn't see what I've been doing for the 30-45 min leading up to that!

Super busy day at work. I have 4 projects I need to work on (all high priority) and I keep getting Support calls. Ugh! January is always crazy when we come back after shutdown and this year is no different. I did KCM Your Best Body Workout #2 this morning and 1 mile walk tonight. KCM was tough. I found myself lightening the weights to get through all the sets. She does 2 exercises back-to-back working the same muscle group. I didn't count how many sets we did but it seemed like at least 4 sets. I'm used to doing 2 sets like in her other workouts so that threw me.

Good night!

Sue---trust me----tuck jumps come with a degree of cheating too. :D

Susan---it was very cold here yesterday too so I can imagine how cold it was in your area.

Sam---now that you have Body Max 2, do you like more or about the same as RS?

Laurie---thanks for the encouragement about me squeezing in some extra cardio when I can. I actually did it today.

This morning was Back and Triceps followed by Slide and Glide express cardio. One could definitely not anticipate the intensity of this workout just by watching it. Great quick cardio booster. No abs today.

Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing, Bonus Buns and Bonus Abs.

Sam, New workouts! :D Love getting to try out those new toys. If your DH is like me and enjoys athletic type workouts, then yes he would like these. ;)

Susan, The workouts are similar to S90 Tabata workout, since they don't use any weights in them. I have not looked at the Total Body one yet, have not heard to many good things about the workouts that are additions. ;) The first workout was not difficult, it did get my hear rate up though. All the workouts are short, so in that way they are very similar to S90. I like that fact also.

Sue, Thanks for the info on the step boxing workout, still iffy on getting it or not. I'm not a huge fan of the step with boxing. I'm so uncoordinated. :eek: Sounds like you are getting some good workouts with those new KCM's. ;)

heartymax, WTG on getting in that extra cardio. Sounds like a short tough workout.

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning! I surprised myself by getting up this morning and doing Bootcamp! I did the "everything but the core" premix to keep the time shorter. I'll do some planks later (maybe) .

Well, I got my new DVD's yesterday and two of them are damaged :mad: I tried washing them, but a few of the workouts still get stuck and end up flipping back to the main menu. What I saw looked great. I love the production values, the clean set, I even like that Tracy doesn't talk, but that might bug me when I'm actually doing them.

I'm glad I ordered through QVC, because returns are so easy with them, but I hope it's a fluke and my replacements aren't also damaged.

The diet is extremely low-cal. Entire weeks go by where you eat nothing but pureed food and juice :confused: Bleh.

Heartymax- I like the choreography in RS just a little bit better than Body Max 2, but I like the music better in Body Max 2. RS is better for when I'm in the mood for looong cardio and no blasts.

Sue- Hmmmm... now I'm more interested in BBN than Stepboxing! It doesn't matter, no more new workouts for me for awhile!

Laurie- Yup, DH and I are almost opposite in workout tastes. Athletic stuff is growing on me, but I need fun choreo at least twice a week. Of course, the idea of my DH doing something like RS is a pretty funny mental image :D

Susan- DH skips Tabata now everytime it comes up in the rotation. He does Cardio Challenge instead. I told him he should do Cathe's Hiit in place of Tabata and he just gave me a "look". I think he's afraid ;)

Have a great day!

Sam - Feeling a little dim-witted today. . .What is BBN? Tell DH he needs to do Tabata! If I can do it (and I have several pounds to lose) so can he. ;) Sorry about the damaged discs! Hopefully you can get those replaced quickly without a hassle.

Laurie - Do you have KCM's 30MTF Cardio Blast? I would say the step portion on that is about the same difficulty level of her new step boxing one. Of course, I haven't tried Workout 2 yet. . .

Heartymax - I'm glad I'm not the only one cheating. ;) You're right - it is cold here but warming up. Yesterday it was even cold inside in our office because of plant shutdown and the heat being turned way down. Takes awhile to get back to normal temps. I can handle being cold outside but shivering all day long is no fun.

Hi Susan!

Went for a 1 mile walk last night. Wanted to do something but didn't feel like getting sweaty again. Today is a rest day.

I am rushing this morning because I have to leave early to make an appt. I got in 40 minutes of Body Max 2 followed by 15 minutes of Jillian Abs. Roast in the crock pot and lunch packed! Woo hoo!

I will check in later today to see what is up with everyone. It definitely appears that everyone is off to a great start with our exercising in the new year!

I see that lala and Karen haven't been around for sometime.

Good morning! DH and I both overslept this a.m., so... no workout for me. My insomnia got me again. I have choir tonight, so I won't be able to get anything in later.

Well, I had better get up tomorrow and get a workout in both days over the weekend.

Sue- I was thinking of KCM's other new one, Best Body something? I guess I was thinking it's Best Body Now. DH has done Tabata, but he hates it :p I tease him about this relentlessly. Of course, I should probably do it myself before giving him such a hard time. :)

Heartymax- You had quite a productive morning. Much better than mine. When we were still eating meat at home, I used my slow cooker a lot, but now it just kind of sits there. I should try to find more vegetarian slow-cooker recipes, because it was wonderful to not have that 5:30 craziness going on.

Have a great day, everyone.

Morning Ladies,

This morning was Weider X-Factor ST Week 1 and KCM's Kickboxing Punching Premix. After work will be STS Disc 2 Back & Triceps.

Sam, Sorry to hear that some of the DVD's are damaged. :( Yuck who wants to eat baby food for an entire week. :p Cardio Challenge is a very fun workout, so understand why your DH would opt for that one instead of Tabata. ;)

Sue, Yes I do have that workout, and I gave myself an F for coordination on that one. :rolleyes: I like the plyo workout much more.

heartymax, I wish that I had thought to put something in the slow cooker for today. :( I should be doing that for Thur & Fri, since those are dance days for the youngest.

Have a wonderful day!

Boy you ladies sure have been busy! Yesterday I got on the elliptical for 45mn. Today is S90 shoulders & arms and some ab work. Looks like it might be nice enough to actually run tomorrow! :D

Sam, I too like ordering from QVC. That's where I bought P90X. No questions asked makes it a lot simpler! I was doing well using my slow-cooker 1-2 times a week, now I need some new ideas! For me to go meatless----well that could never happen! I love my meat! :eek:

Heartymax, for running late today, you sure got a lot accomplished!:D

Sue, enjoy your rest day. Mine is set for Saturday (spending all day at a B-ball tourney!)

Laurie, you just keep going. I think in the Summer it is easier for me to do two a days. In the winter, I just can't!:D

Have a great evening~ Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.