Buff Badgers Week of Feb. 13th

heartymax

Cathlete
Happy Valentine's Week as we vow to stay away from too much chocolate!

Saturday was STS Back and Biceps followed by Low Impact Step Challenge Premix. Today was STS Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and Abs from turbo barre. I realized that I don't like the mix of chest and shoulders because my shoulders are tired from the chest work and I struggle to lift as heavy as I would like.

It was cold this weekend. We got a few flurries but that was it. We have not had a school closing or 2hr. delay this winter. At this point, I am not hoping for a closing. I would love to get out a little earlier for the summer.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Morning Ladies,

No workout on Saturday. Sunday was Weider X-Factor ST Wk 7, another good one. This morning STS Disc 7 Chest, Shoulders & Biceps and MMA Boxing. In the MMA Boxing I only did the upper body portions, and skipped the lower body. That came to about 18 min. and I really enjoyed that. Arms are fried right now, and I'm really looking forward to starting Meso 2, all these push-ups are crazy! :eek:

heartymax, We have not had school closings either, and I think getting out earlier for the summer is a great idea. I know my dd would be happy. :D With M2 you are lifting heavier for chest work, and of course not doing all those push-ups. I can see how that would make the shoulders tired with the heavier weights. But I'm still looking forward to no more drop set push-ups. I did manage again to do them all on my toes, but it got to be difficult toward the end.

Have a great day!

Good morning! I had a busy weekend, and despite my best intentions, only got one workout in on Saturday, Step Max.

Slept terribly last night and could not get out of bed this morning for a workout. I plan to do either Turbo Barre or a Slim Series workout this afternoon since I can do those on the main level.

Also made Valentine treats and ate way too much sugar :confused:. So, not the healthiest weekend ever :p. I did get a ton of work done on Saturday, and had fun making cady-dipped marshmallows with DS yesterday, so it's all worth it.

Heartmax- I feel the same way about chest/shoulders. I also have a hard time when a workout has hard shoulder work and then abs at the end. I have a tough time holding myself in plank or having my arms supportin my neck when my shoulders are fried.

Laurie- I could use a snow day. A truem honest-to-goodness day off would just be heaven. I always get stuck in a rut this time of year.

Have a great day everyone! DH and I hear what his new salary is going to be today. We're nervous and excited :eek:

Hi there! Saturday was S90 Chest/shoulders/tris. Yesterday Ruby and I went for a 45mn brisk walk, and today was S90 Back & Biceps.

Today I started the Dukan Diet. So far so good! Ha Ha! :) I'll let you know how it goes. I like the fact that the first pahse is only 5 days as opposed to 14 for Atkins or South Beach.

DD went and had her hair chopped off. They took a little over 10" and she donated it to Locks of Love. Her new cut is so absolutley adorable! I'll have to post a picture I took Saturday night..

Sam, hope you get the salary number you are hoping for! The only good thing about Mondays I think is, it is a day to start over. When I eat poorly over the weekend, I know Monday I can begin again!:D

Have a great day ladies! Susan

Good morning! I did Turbo Barre last night. I did much better on it than the last time I attempted it. My hips are quite sore today. But, I also did Yoga Relax (all of it!) before bed, and I think all the stretching helped with soreness.

DH didn't hear the number he wanted to hear, though it wasn't bad, but I guess it's still up for negotiation. He had a bad day because he had to fire someone (yuck), too; so I felt bad for him.

No Valentine celebration for us today. We hope to go out this weekend if we can get a sitter.

Susan- Short cuts are so cute! I hope your DD likes it as much as you do :) Nice that phase one on Dukan is only 5 days. I'm looking at all the chocolate on my desk from students already, and I'm thinking I should give up sweets for Lent again :confused:

Have a great Valentine's Day, everyone. Give your special people hugs today :D

Morning Ladies,

This morning was Weider X-Factor ST Wk 7. This one really works the core good. ;)

Sam, Those marshmallows sound good, of course I love them. :D Sorry to hear that your DH had such a bad day, and didn't get the raise that he wanted. They tell me how much, and I just OK! :D I don't ever expect to much. We will not do any Valentine Celebrating either, unless you consider me making lasagna celebrating. ;) My DH was happy to hear about it, since it is one of his favorite meals.

Susan, Still have not checked out what that diet is all about. So far I'm doing good with what I'm doing so I really shouldn't change it up. :) Bet having a dd with short hair is a bit of a shock. Very nice of her to do that donation. ;)

Happy Valentines Day!

Good morning! Today I got on the elliptical for 40mn. When will I learn not to do the "Random" program so early in the morning? It's so hard!:eek:

Sam, I too am sad to hear your Dh had such a rotten day.My DH is a boss and is talking about having to let one of his people go. It's never easy, even when they are messing up.

Laurie, my DH loves my lasagna too. I made it for him last week. :)

Morgan 2.jpg

Here is Morgan's new do!

Have a great day! Susan

Susan---love DH new haircut. Her dress is beautiful too.

Laurie---you always manage to get in some great core exercises.

Sam----Turbo Barre is a good workout. Sorry DH had the stress of having to fire someone. That must not be easy to do regardless of the situation (meaning whether the person is doing a good job or not).

Hi Sue.

I didnt workout yesterday because when I got down to the basement we were having some plumbing issues so I had to call DH and have him return home. He managed to "snake" and fix everything. I am grateful. DH unboxed the elliptical last night and moved all the pieces to the designated room. We are hoping to get it up by the weekend. We had the treadmill directly on the concrete with no flooring/mat under it. I am trying to determine if I am going to do the same for my elliptical. What are the advantages to putting a matt under it. I don't the room for aerobics so flooring has not been an issue for me.

This morning was STS Legs. Funny how I had marked all my weights and started working out. In Meso 2, there are trisets. I realized after the first round that the exercises that I had just completed were not the ones that I had marked my weights for. Suddenly, I realized I was doing the wrong disc so I had to take it out and start a new one...LOL! Luckily for me, I was just getting started.

I ate two mini 3 musketeers yesterday from this basket of chocolate a parent gave me. I have to get it out of my office TODAY! That stuff is dangerous.

Morning Ladies,

This morning was STS Disc 8 Back & Triceps.

Susan, I think that you dd's hair is so cute on her. Is she having fun styling it? I did the quick lasagna last night, so it wasn't as good as the stuff I usually make with all the cheese. :D

heartymax, Dang on the plumbing issues. Good that you got your elliptical though. :) I'm always afraid that I will put in the wrong disc, I have to keep the case open to the ones that I will be using. :eek: I have to do that with S90 & these Weider workouts also. They all look the same to me. :D I had one piece of Dove dark chocolate, just had to on Valentine's Day!

Have a great day!

Well, I had a lot more than one piece of chocolate yesterday! It's so hard when my students give me so much of the stuff :confused: Then... DH decided he wanted to get takeout for dinner because we had some errands to run. I ordered my most favorite Chinese dish in the world, pressed duck, and I was so thirsty and bloated... yuck. But, I hardly ever eat it, and it was worth it :)

It's okay though, I usually manage to sort of cancel out the bad days with good ones.

I did Rhythmic Step yesterday afternoon. I keep saying I'm going to do an Imax or a Hiit, but I just can't get jazzed about them this week. I plan to do either TA Mat or a Slim Series this afternoon. I seem to have gone to Mat and low weight workouts out of necessity, lately.

Susan- That haircut is adorable! I hope she's having fun with it! She certainly is a pretty girl.

Heartymax- Yuck! Plumbing issues! We have snakes of several sizes in our house. With my long, thick hair, they're needed quite often :eek: I don't know what the advantages are of putting mats under cardio machines. Isn't that funny? I know people do it, but have no idea why :rolleyes:

DH had a better day yesterday. The employee he had to let go was over-the-top negligent, so even though it's never fun to fire someone, he knew it was the right thing to do.

I'm getting my hair trimmed and the color touched up tonight. I always look forward to those couple of hours to zone out with a magazine and gossip with my hair guy. Plus, my hair's ben driving me nuts. It needs to be thinned out, and I've had to pin my bangs back for the last week. I'll feel like a new woman tomorrow :p Have a great day everyone!

Thanks for the complioments on DD's new do. Yes, she loves playing with it. She has hidden behind her hair for so long, it'snice to see her pretty face!:)

Woke and did S90 Legs today. My new diet is going well. 3 pounds down so far.

Heartymax, I do not have a mat under my elliptical but I do have carpet. I believe I was told to do that so not so much dust and dirt gets up into it. Ours has been making a noise lately and DH wants to take it apart to look at it. It's 4 years old now so it probably has some dust under there!:eek:

Sam, enjoy getting your hair cut! I am letting mine grow out again. I decided I better do it while I still can! Right now it is at my shoulders and I want it down my back which will probably take me the rest of the year!

Have a good day ladies! Susan

This morning was Athletic Step and Stability Ball Abs from Butts and Gutts.

Laurie---Dove dark chocolate is my favorite. OKAY--no more talking about chocolate at check in;)

Sam--hope you had a relaxing evening at the hair salon. Love the pampering myself.

Hi Susan!

Morning Ladies,

This morning was Weider X-Factor ST Wk 7 and 30MTF TLC Boxing.

Sam, Glad to hear those kids love you so much! :D Just to bad that Valentines Day is all about candy and of course flowers. ;) I love getting my hair touched up also, just a chance to zone for a while. Glad to hear that your DH had a better day. My DH doesn't have to deal with the firing part, he lets the human resource dept. handle that. But doing the documentation is. He is dealing with one person right now that isn't showing up for work. :rolleyes:

Susan, How is your dd dealing with all the attention? I'm sure that she is getting noticed more than before also. Congrats on the weight loss!

heartymax, OK not more talk about that thing! :D Good ab workout you did, has to be one of her best.

Have a great day!

Good morning! I did Tone it Up! from Slim Series yesterday. I thought I was hot stuff and picked up heavier weights to start with, but had to put them down a few minutes later :rolleyes: Strange, my muscles seem to get bigger, and I seem to build endurance, but it takes a long time for me to build up to heavier weights.

Enjoyed my zone-out time last night. Though, my hairdresser was particularly chatty. He's got two little kids, so we always have a lot to talk about. I've been going to him for about a year and a half, and I think he's my favorite hairdresser ever :)

Laurie- DH has HR people present, but he still has to be the one to do it. I'm glad I don't have to do it, I don't have a thick enough skin. I showed DH the Weider workouts in Target the other night. He seemed interested. Maybe for his birthday...

Heartymax- Butts and Guts scares me. I'm sure I'll own it someday, but as a general rule, I pretty much avoid hour-long lower body work :confused:

Susan- I've been letting mine grow out for what seems like forever. The longest layer has finally gotten to just below my shoulder blades. My hairdresser had to have me stand up so he could trim it last night :) It's been a long time since I've had it long, but in some ways I think it's easier than short hair.

Have a great day, everyone!

Hello! This morning was S90 Tabata!

DH set his alarm extra early (4:10) and then proceeded to lay there. I got up since I was awake and he slept until 4:50. Now what sense was that?:mad:

Laurie, DD says some kids really love her new hair and others say they never would have cut their hair so short! She loves how easy it to manage now. She has very thick, wavy hair that, when it was long, did not like to do what she wanted it to!

Sam, I like longer hair cause I like to wear pony tails and braids, etc..:)

Hi Heartymax, how are your abs feeling?;)

Have a great day! Susan

Just checking in quick to let everyone know I'm still alive. :) I'm on week 2 of Slow and Heavy and for cardio I did Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kickboxing and other stuff I can't remember right now. I also finally tried Jillian's 6 Week 6 Pack Workout #1 and liked that.

Susan - DD's new "do" is cute! She reminds me of Catherine Zeta Jones (as a little girl of course). My DD had hers cut real short a few weeks ago. And last Saturday she had her ear lobes pierced (first time). She is such a chicken about shots, giving blood, anything like that so I couldn't believe it when she said she wanted them done. She has little hoops and they look real cute with her short hair.

Hi! to everyone else! :) Sorry I can't chat longer but my lunch break is over and I have lots to do.

Sue---I like Jillian's 6 pack abs. I usually add on 15 minutes (the first round) of one of the segments to my cardioworkout instead of doing the 30 minutes. I prefer something else for cardio. I do like how she works the abs.

Sam---Butts and Gutts is definitely worth fearing. I used the ab chapters quite a bit. I love the stability ball abs in this one. It also has another ab section and I used to alternate them back in the fall.

Susan--funny about the alarm. I am one of those that can get straight up when the alarm goes up. My DS13 won't move so I told him to stop setting it. I have to be his snooze button and go in his room about 10 minutes before time and give him a "wake up" call and back to his room and drag him out of bed.

Hi Laurie!

This morning was Meso 2 back and biceps. I am not a fan of concentration curls. For some reason I have never liked them....not even in Gym Styles. I usually do hammer curls or something. My biceps are fried.

So glad it is Friday and that it is a holiday weekend. Enjoy everyone. I plan to do cardio on Saturday!

Morning Ladies,

This morning was STS Disc 9 Legs, only one more week of endurance work. :D

Sam, Your DH would probably enjoy the Weider workouts, they are a good 30 min. workout. I even like the warm-up, it isn't crazy like Insanity nor to repetative like S90. I think it is because of the not having to do the same series everyday with the same warm-up. Glad you had a nice zone out time. ;)

Susan, Dang on that alarm, was he planning on getting up earlier? I love girls! :rolleyes: I love your dd's hair, and of course it does grow back. ;) I'm going to be doing Tabata Inferno when I start Meso 2. :D Looking forward to it.

Sue, Wow week 2 already, that is how long you planned to do those workouts. What do you plan to do for you next rotation? I really like the 2nd workout on 6w6p, have you tried that one yet? Lot's of standing ab work.

heartymax, I like hammer curls more also. I can lift heavier on hammers than on the others. :D I only have one more week of Meso 1, and then I'm jumping right into Meso 2. I haven't been feeling like I need a rest. Cathe said is was ok to do, so I'm doing it. :D Are you off for Presidents Day?

Have a great weekend!

Good morning! No workout yesterday. TTOM hit me like a ton of bricks and I had no energy. I feel better today, though... I'm thinking Afterburn in the afternoon :eek:

Heartymax- You do so much ab work! I know I should. Cathe says she's doing a Cardio Core Circuit type workout on the road trip, and I need to get ready :p I've always been afraid of that workout, too.

Sue- Good to hear from you! Sounds like everyone's getting a six pack with Jillian... (That sounded like we're all getting a beer with Jillian, which, in my mind would be a lot more fun :D)

Susan- Hello, my name is Samantha, and I'm addicted to my snooze button :eek: Actually, the mornings when I work out I hop out of bed right away, but the mornings when I don't I hit it for a good 45 minutes! Then I get irritated and snippy when I'm rushing around later :rolleyes:

Hi Laurie!

DH and I are going out for a belated Valentine dinner tonight. The Union House in Genesee Depot. It's pretty old school, but we didn't feel like going to one of the trendy, noisy downtown places. We just wanted to relax and have a good dinner. We'll probably be the youngest people there, but that's cool with us ;) Have a great weekend, everyone!

Goods morning ladies! I slept in a little today and will be getting on the elliptical after work. Tomorrow is our last B-ball tourney! :) Very happy about that!

Sue, glad to here you are doing okay. I thought you might be sick!

Heartymax, your DS sounds a lot like my DD. I have told her to stop setting her alarm cause I am always the one who ends up turning it off!

Laurie, are the Weider workouts more strength based? i do not see much cardio in them?

Sam, so you're a snooze setter too?;) I never hit the snooze, don't know why... probably cause DH's goes off so much! Enjoy your evening. I must say I am jealous!

Have a great weekend ladies! Tomorrow is S90 Total Body and Sunday is a rest day for me (finally!).

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.