Buff Badgers Week of Dec. 5th

heartymax

Cathlete
No workouts for me this weekend! I lounged around all day Saturday. Watched a little QVC and I was proud of myself for not pulling out the credit card. I love QVC during the holidays so I made sure I didn't watch too much of it. I watched a few movies and just enjoyed relaxing.

Had a blast with Power Hour this morning. Those low ends are a burner!! Iam enjoying my total body endurance workouts.

No workouts for me this weekend! The weekend used to be when I'd definitely get my workouts in, but now I'm much more disciplined during the week. I did get a lot of house work done, and had two huge housewife victories: 1) I finally got my stovetop (almost) clean. It's one of those glass-top thingies-- I hate it. 2) I de-gunked the never-used, ancient jacuzzi jets in our bathtub. I've been trying to clean them since we bought the house and finally researched the depths of the Internet enough to find out I needed to use dishwasher detergent :D

I also got some shopping done, both online and out and about. I still have my dad and my grandpa, the very hardest people on God's green earth to shop for, but I'll figure it out :rolleyes:

Heartmax- I adore QVC. We got rid of our cable not too long ago, and that's the only channel I really miss :( I think my checking account is probably happier that we don't have it anymore...

Have a great Monday!

Morning Ladies,

Yesterday was STS Total Body ~ Upper Body Only and Tony's 1on1 Med Ball Cardio Core. This morning was Ilaria's Bodystrikes, and after work is STS Total Body ~ Lower Body Only. Changing things up a bit for the before Christmas workouts. ;)

I'm feeling 99% better today! Glad that I took that time off to let my body fight that cold off.

heartymax, Low Ends :p They are really great for working those legs, but they sure do torture you when you are doing them. :D Sounds like a great relaxing weekend.

Sam, Congrats on getting those household tasks done. I have the problem with lots of Iron in our water. Rust stains are horrible. :(

Have a wonderful day!

Laurie---glad you are feeling totally energized again!

Sam--I have always wanted one of those glass top stoves.....I have a cook top with the coils on my island. I hate cleaning those drip pans under it. Ever so often, I just throw them out and buy a new set.

Today was TimeSaver Cardio Premix from Body Max 2. I had to fix DH and my lunch this morning so by the time I did that I almost wanted to just relax and not work out. Instead, I laced up the sneakers and hit the step. It's funny how that it is always a cardio day that I think about skipping my workout.....rarely a strength training day.

Morning Ladies,

Finished up yesterday with all my workouts. This morning was S90 Ultimate Ball, and I will get High Reps ~ Upper Body done after work.

heartymax, That is what I do with those drip pans. I can never get those things totally clean. Right now I need to get a new set of those. ;) I have been putting my strength workouts after work, because I know that I would never do cardio during that time. :eek:

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning. Yesterday I did Cardio Supersets, then proceeded to completely cancel it out with chocolate covered Oreos :confused: This time of year is murder on my weight!

Also, I MUST start working out in the mornings. Elliot is going through a really rough period of separation anxiety and will chew anything if I'm not nearby. I can't take him down to the basement with me because the cats' food and litter boxes are down there, and I can't workout upstairs because our floors are super squeaky; plus, all my equipment is in the basement. I could crate him, but after he's had to be in his crate all morning while I'm at work, I just don't have the heart to do it :(

So... looks like I have to put on my big girl pants and just do it!

Heartymax- I used to think I wanted a glass-top stove, too. Now, I wish I had drip pans to replace. The gunk burns on and is impossible to get off without damaging the surface. I'm sure I damaged the surface plenty on Saturday, but at least it looks better. What I really want is a gas range. A girl can dream, right?

Laurie- Think of me tomorrow morning at four when I'm either groggily putting on my workout clothes and stumbling downstairs for a cup of coffee, or hitting my snooze and setting myself up for another workout-free day.

Have a great day. I may try to do some TA youtube videos this afternoon since I think I could do those upstairs without any dog issues. If not, oh well.

Hello there! Sorry I did not get a chnace to check in yesterday. I too did not workout over the weekend! Unless you count walking the dog and cleaning as working out. I also came down with a bug Sunday into Monday. DH got it worse than me. I am doing better today.

I decided to do the 3rd month of P90X for this month, starting today. I will be doing chest/back and ab ripper tonight. Just an easy way to have it all laid out so I don't have to think about what to do on top of everything else!:D

Sam, it's been hard for me to get up in the AM too. On Tues and Weds I have been working out at night cause DH and DS are gone to B-ball practice so it's quieter. Have you thought to put the puppy in a kennel?We have kenneled our dog for her entire life. She actually prefers to sleep there any where else. When she was little, I'd just place her in there for a nap while I exercised. Now, at about 10pm each night she stands by the basement door asking to go to bed!:)

Heartymax, I used to have a glass top stove but when we moved I was glad to leave it behind!:eek: It was such a pain and I prefer cooking with gas over electric.

Have a great night ladies~ Susan

This morning was high reps....skipping a set or exercise here and there to save some time. Didn't have 65 minutes this morning.

Susan---- hit a part of P90x sounds like fun! You can enjoy the workouts without having to commit to the full time. I think I may do that with STS sometimes too just so I can still use it.

Sam ----I am ROTFL at your comment about canceling out your workout with oreos. Trust me-----I understand.

Laurie----I don't know if I would have the energy to do 2 workouts most days.

When we built our home several years ago it came with a gas stove and I asked for an electric. I grew up with gas and was always afraid of not getting the flame right. I had an electric stove when I moved out on my own after college and when I got married so when we built our house I stayed in my comfort zone. I was thinking my mother knew something that I didnt------MAYBE not since she has one of those glass stop stoves now too! She likes it and I keep telling her everytime that I visit that I want one. My stove works so I don't want to invest in an upgrade---I just WANT new appliances...I only NEED a new dishwasher.

Morning Ladies,

Got in the Upper Body of High Reps last night, of course I did the premix that included the back work in it. :D This morning was Trainers Edge Killer Abs & Back. First time for that workout, and it is really good. Will take some time to get used to it, but I do love Michael O. ;) After work today will be High Reps Lower Body.

Sam, You and I where working out about the same time I'm sure. ;) It is hard to get up that early, but then your workout is done, unless your crazy like me. :D Sorry to hear that your puppy is in the terrible two's stage. :(

Susan, Sounds like a solid plan for this month. It is nice to know what workouts you will be doing each day, something that I need. ;) My ideal stove is gas top and electric oven. My Mom has the gas oven, and it cooks uneven.

heartymax, Another reason why I opted for doing the upper and lower portions seperate. I had to be without a dishwasher for a while, and I was so happy to get a new one. So I feel your pain.

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning! Yay! I did it! I dragged my tuckus out of bed and did Slide & Glide. This was only the second time I've done it, and it seemed harder... probably because it was 4:00 a.m.

Laurie- Nope. Not as crazy as you... not yet anyway. Thanks for the puppy sympathy. We're really having to get into all that pack mentality stuff to train him right now. We think he thinks he's the alpha.

Susan- Yes, he's in his kennel (crate) all morning, and I feel terrible putting him back in there right away so I can work out. I did do it for awhile, but recently he's made it evident that he can't handle it. He's chewed up his bed, pillow, blankets, everything we've put in there. And when there's nothing in there, I can hear him from the basement trying to "dig" his way out :( It should just be temporary, while he gets over this phase or is trustworthy enough to be out of the kennel.

Heartymax- The Oreos were given to me by a very kind congregation member, and they were the homemade kind with peppermint pieces and sprinkles on top. Delicious. I ate way too many and then made DH take them to his office.

Have a great day, everyone! I can already feel my crash coming. I think I'll be using DS's naptime for a nap of my own today.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! :)

Our Christmas celebration on Saturday went well but I had a huge headache that night. I did Cardio & Weights step only premix Saturday a.m. On Sunday I did about 30 minutes of Tonique 1. Monday was PUB up to Biceps. Last night I finished up PUB with Biceps and Core and then did 42 min. of Plyo X. Had to stop because I was feeling nauseated. I wouldn't have picked Plyo X if I remembered how long it was. Somehow I remembered it as only 40 min. or so. Must have been thinking of S90. Today is a rest day.

Sam - I cancel my workouts with tasty goodies all the time so I know how you feel.

Laurie - You ARE crazy. ;) Don't know how you keep all your workouts straight. I tend to use the same ones over and over but you have so much variety!

Susan - That's so cute that your dog asks to go to bed each night. Our girl kitty gets excited when we start moving toward the bedroom because she likes to snuggle under the covers with us and purr. Just for a few minutes and then she sleeps at the foot of our bed.

Heartymax - Sounds like you did fine with High Reps this morning. I don't have 65 min. to workout either.

Sounds like we're all having trouble with morning workouts. Weights, walking or yoga in the morning is okay but high intensity cardio - ugh, it's tough! I also find that the more I think about it, the harder it is. Guess I need to stop thinking about it and JUST DO IT! :p

HI there!Today I actually woke up early and ran 4.5 miles! I was trying to talk myself out of going but I knew I was not going to want to run later either. I was supposed to do PlyoX ,but after watching them run a marathon on Biggest Loser last night, I wanted to run! :eek: I am sore today after Back and chest last night..

Sam, I recall our puppy doing the same thing in her kennel when she was younger, now it's her home-awa-from home! Didi you get your nap in?

Sue, way to go on your workouts. At this time of year I think anything is better than nothing. I wish I had a kitty to sleep in my bed.. we used to but after he died, DH did not want another one... some day I will!:)

Laurie, my gas oven it works nicely, but it tends to take longer than the recipe calls for. I bake everything about 5-10mn longer.

Heartymax, I do not have 65 mn in the morning either! I looked at High Reps the other day but was unsure of how I wanted to shorten it.

Have a great night ladies! Tomorrow I hope to wake early enough to do Shoulders/Arms and abs!

Susan

Last edited:
Good morning!

I got up (again!) and did Step Blast without the blast :)

Susan- Seeing runners always makes me want to run, too. Then I start running and remember why I don't run :p Yup, I got a nice little 45 minute nap.

Sue- One of my kitties, Sushi, does the same thing. DH won't let her near him, but I cuddle her happily for a few minutes when we first get into bed.

So far so good on the morning workouts. I've been setting out my workout clothes and getting the coffee set up the night before. I also have put my phone (alarm clock) just out of reach so I have to stand up to turn it off. It's good for me. I've got to break myself of my horrible snooze habit anyway. I've been known to set my alarm for over an hour before I have to get up so I can hit the snooze :eek: My body's still adjusting, and it sure is cold in the house when I get up, but I'll get over it.

Have a great day!

Hi there! Today I got up and did P90X shoulders/arms/abs. My arms are so sore today I can't even raise them up! :)

Sam, great job on getting up earlier! We have a thermostat that we can program. I set ours to start heating the house at 4:20am so when I get out of bed (4:35), the house is already warm!:D

We have DS's band/choir concert tonight. Should be nice. Then I hope to crash! Tomorrow is PlyoX!

Have agreat day! Susan

Sam--- Glad the morning routine is going well. I am such the morning exercise. DH gets up at 4:15 so I usually crawl out of bed between 4:30 and 4:45 and doing my workout about 15 minutes later. I need about 30 minutes of down time after my workout too.

Sue-- PUB was my first Cathe and I truly love it.

Hi Susan!

Yesterday was Drill Max premix and no workout today. Have a great weekend everyone.

Morning Ladies,

Busy day yesterday working on a report. But I managed to do KPC Premix and Muscle Max Upper Body. This morning was Hiit Double Wave Pyramid and Muscle Max Lower Body.

Sam, WTG on getting up and working out! It does get easier. ;) You are problaby right on the trying to be alpha, but I'm sure that he will get better. They all go through this stage.

Susan, I will have to catch up on my BL shows this weekend, probably will do while I make some cookies tomorrow. ;) I would think that taking the last exercise of each upper body part out, would save you time. I would keep all the Bicep work, but she does overkill on the push-ups.

Sue, I have to write down my rotation for the time that I plan on doing them. I have the next four weeks of workouts done. :eek: Crazy I know. :D I'm the type of person that needs structure, hence the accountant in me. :D Yes stop thinking, that really does help me. Another reason why I need my workouts set. I don't want to think to hard in the morning. :eek:

heartymax, You have a great weekend also, need to get Drill Max in my rotation soon. That one is always good, but takes up more room that I have available.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No workouts for me today! I'm hereby designating Fridays as my official "sleep in" day.

Have a great weekend everyone! It's FRIIIIIIDAAAAYYY!

Hey gang! Today is to be PlyoX. My whole body is sore after P90X - I could not get up this morning! I have had an awfully busy week here at work. I told my DH today that I didn't know if I wanted to go home and workout or pop open a beer!:p I shall workout though!;)

Laurie, you are like me in that you like to have a plan laid out for your workouts. I have been doing too much cardio lately - hence the pain from doing P90X strength again!

Need to decorate our tree this weekend and do a little shopping (online!)

You ladies enjoy yourselves, find some time to relax! I want to find time to sit and watch the "The Nativity" I got from the library. I also have our church Christmas Program practice tomorrow morning. And of course I have to watch the Packers win again!

Take care~ Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.