Buff Badgers Week of Dec 17th

mbmundt

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies!

I'm off of work today and tomorrow. :D Still got up at my normal time and did my workout. Slept really bad last night. I finally fell asleep around midnight and then woke up at 2:30 and layed there hoping to fall back asleep but just dozed on and off until 3 and then decided to just get up and get my workout in. DH had to go into work a little earlier than normal.

Got a lot of Christmas stuff done over the weekend. I only have a few presents left to wrap for family members and then I have three friends I have to run out today and get their gifts. I did a couple of easy somewhat homemade gifts. I put together a pasta basket for DH's nephews girlfriend. I'm making a tea basket for my niece along with a jar of Amaretto Cocoa Mix. I made a huge batch of Amaretto Cocoa mix and I'm giving three quart jars to the gals I work with and one pint jar to my niece and the other two pint jars to my MIL and SIL. Tonight we have No No's Christmas party (that's the restaurant that we go to often). That should hopefully be fun. We can't make it late since DH has to work. He has training this week at work so unfortunately he couldn't do a work at home day. Bummer. This morning I'll finish wrapping up the gifts my mom & dad are giving all of us kids. Thankfully we're using gift bags so it goes much faster.

This morning I did the cardio blast from Drill Max and followed that with the 1st combo from Low impact circuit and then I did the blasts only from the rest of the combos. Felt good to sweat.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and have a wonderful Monday!
Brenda

Morning Ladies,

I didn't workout this weekend, I just didn't feel very good. This morning is probably the best I have felt in a week, so I will probably be doing a less intense workout after I get home from work. Saturday DD and I baked some cookies, and Sunday we did some shopping and got Dh taken care of. ;)

Brenda, Have a great time at the party tonight! Sounds like some great presents you have made. I like those ideas.

Have a great day!

Hi, Sat. I did a kettlebell workout from myomytv, Sun. I did Horizontal Conditioning Bootcamp, and today I did KCM stepkickboxing.

Brenda, your gift ideas are good ones. Wish I was that creative. Have fun tonight. Gift bags are a great idea. I think I will use them for the few gifts I have left.

Laurie, glad you are feeling a bit better today. Is your cough gone? Is whooping cough going around down there? Take care.

Have an awesome day.

Hi Ladies! I didn't feel well last week so no workouts.

Saturday was 45 minutes on the elliptical. Yesterday was STS total body. I just finished HiiT 40/20 and I am feeling totally wiped out. Those running mans burn my thighs and I only have 2 risers:D.This is the first year that we are not doing a gift exchange or holiday lunch in our department at work. Everyone was in agreement since so much goes on during this time. One less thing for us to feel stressed about. I took DS10 to do his holiday shopping. We always pick and day and then stop by Panera to have some hot chocolate together. It is so much fun.

Brenda---Have fun at the No No's party. You spent a lot of time preparing those gifts. They will enjoy them.

Laurie--I believe something is going around. Hope you are feeling better.

Karen---Still have my eye on HC. Just not ready to make a purchase yet. Especially since Xtrain is due in the next few weeks.

Good Morning!

We had fun at No No's party last night. It was probably a good thing that DH had to work today otherwise I think it would have been a late night. We were home by 9pm.

This morning I did Cardio SS and 4DS Chest and Back.

Today I will be putting up my parents Christmas tree. They have a short one so it doesn't take too long to decorate. My dad is a scrooge so it does't like the tree to be up to much before Christmas. This afternoon I have an acupuncture appt followed by a chiro appt.

Laurie - You've got some nasty bug that just won't leave you. I hope you feel better for the holidays.

Karen - great job on the workouts!!

Heartymax - Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, but glad you're doing better. I haven't done 40/20 in a long time. Not one I reach for that often. It always kicks my butt. Sounds like a fun shopping trip with DS10.

The holidays are sneaking up on us fast.

Have a great day!!
Brenda

Morning Ladies,

Tried working out yesterday, but it didn't happen. I even fell asleep at 8pm. :rolleyes: The stuffy nose starts draining, and then the coughing starts. I will be very very happy when this is out of my body. ;)

Karen, Great workouts! I have been wanting to try some youtube workouts, just need to get to feeling better. :D No it isn't whooping cough, just to much crud in the nose.

heartymax, What a nice day with your ds, and of course I just love Panera! :)

Brenda, Glad you had a good time at the party. I'm hoping that this leaves soon also, it really bugs me that I'm not able to workout. The only good thing that has come from this, is I'm not eating a whole lot. Can't smell all that great, so nothing is appealing. :D

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning ladies. I did not fit in workouts over the weekend and woke up with my back/neck hurting me yesterday. This happens with my neck now and then. I usually just need to take a couple rest days. In the meantime, I'm getting Christmas stuff ready and stretching whenever I can. It feels much better today, so I should be able to at least walk/run tomorrow.

Laurie- Sorry you weren't feeling well. I hear there's some yucky stuff going around. I'm pretty happy right now that DS is still at home and so am I. We've managed to dodge any bad sicknesses so far.

Karen- I've heard of myomy tv but haven't ever looked into it. I should. What I've heard have been good things.

Brenda- My mom used to put her tree up very late, but then she'd keep it up till almost February :) Actually, she just got hers finished yesterday. Nice gift ideas. I decided to crochet a couple things for gifts this year, a throw and a neck warmer/scarf, and I'm all paranoid that people won't like them :rolleyes:

Heartymax- XTrain should be here soon! I'm so excited, and I like the clips I've seen so far. Sorry you weren't feeling well, either. It's that time of year, I guess.

Take care and stay healthy everyone.

Hi alll,

Today I did Crossfire. I did it after I got back from my DD10 Christmas program at school. She will be in middle school next year. I don't like the 5th grade at the middle school. I have been subbing as an aide there and I don't really think it is the best place for them.

Laurie, Sorry you are still not feeling better. Hopefully it will be out of your system by Christmas.

Sam, I guess that is one thing about taking time out for injury, you can get some other stuff that needs to get done finished. Glad your back and neck are feeling better today.

Brenda, glad you had fun at the party. Are you going to the acupuncture for your leg? Funny, my parents are the opposite, they get their tree up beginning of Dec. and take it down after the new year.

Heartymax, those are some tough workouts to do after not working out for a week. Wow! I am really excited for Xtrain also. but nothing can compare to HC for shaping those abs, it is just amazing. I tell you I have tried so many things over the years and these really do work.

Have a great day.

My quads were sore last night from those two intense workouts the last few days. I thought I was going to be tempted to take a rest day--but I reminded myself---no way---i had an unexpected rest week last week due to not feeling well and we will be out of town all next week for the holidays. Got to get it in while I can. This morning was Muscle Max for another total body workout.

Karen----I know I am going to purchase HC. It's just a matter of time.

Sam----I finally watched the clips last night from Xtrain. Oh my---I can't wait.

Hi Brenda and Laurie. Gotta run. I have to go to an nearby school this morning to respond to a crisis so must leave home 30 minutes earlier.

Hi,

Today I ran 4.5 miles on the trails. Then did Stretchmax band segment.

Heartymax, nice job working out even though you were sore. What determination to get it done.

Have a great day.

Good Afternoon!

Well, today was back to work. :( With the snow storms coming, wish I would have taken off Thurs/Fri instead... oh well.

This morning I did HiiT Pyramid and 4DS shoulders, calves, and core. I didn't do all of the calf and core work though.

Laurie - That gosh darn cold. I hope you feel better for the holidays. I've been taking grapeseed extract two times a day to hopefully fend off any bad bacteria that's floating around.

Sam - Is your neck/back feeling better? I hope so. I've always wanted to learn how to knit and crochet. I'm sure they'll love their gifts. I love it when people do homemade gifts. How much snow did you get yesterday? Did DS get to play in it? I can't wait for XTrain.

Karen - Yes, I mainly had acupuncture for my leg she tried helping out my sinuses as well. The appt went really well. She might be onto something with what she did. I'm going to back for another appt next week maybe or right after the 1st of the year.

Heartymax - WTG on getting those workouts in and tough ones at that. I understand where you're coming from with getting the workouts in while you can, I'd be the same way. :)

Everyone be safe with the snow storms coming.

Take Care!
Brenda

Hi,

Today I did Tri sets lower and upper body premix. That 83 min. seemed long. After that I took the dog on the mile loop in the woods and shoveled for another hour.

Hope all you guys aren't snowed in, or maybe you want to be.

Brenda, glad the acupuncturist could help a bit. I know they helped my hip so I could run again. I guess you never know when the snow will hit but it sure would have been nice if you could just hunker down at home with all the snow instead of going to work. Keep getting better.

Have a great Christmas all.

Hi!

Thankfully my employer shut the plant down today and tomorrow due to the bad weather. I have a lap top at home so I was able to work from home and be safe, so that was nice not having to go out in this stuff. We have at least 10-12" of snow. My DH is still at work yet and he's going to be driving into bad conditions. I'll be a nervous wreck until he gets home safe and sound.

This morning I did 4DS Kickbox, legs, and abs. I was careful with those side kicks. Overall the workout was good.

Karen - I never did that premix before. Quite the workout.

Everyone be safe in snow!

Brenda

Happy Friday ladies! Yesterday was cardio on the elliptical. No workout for today. We still have school today and I have plenty of stuff to do afterwards as we plan to hit the road late tonight or very early in the morning for our 13 hour ride to Georgia. Looking forward to seeing my family.

My app has not been working on my Iphone. I may need to delete and add it again. If I can, I will at least check in and say hello while I am away. Otherwise, happy holidays to everyone!!

Morning Ladies,

I'm still in shock that I was able to finally get in a workout. It wasn't pretty, and I was still coughing. :eek: 10 Min. Solutions Knockout workout is complete! :D I'm so ready for this thing to finally be out of my system.

heartymax, Have a safe trip! Enjoy the time with your families also.

Brenda, I'm sure that you really had a lot of the white stuff up your way. Nice that your plant was shut down. ;)

Karen, That is a long workout, just have not done one that long in a while. We where lucky, and didn't get all that snow. I think that we got about 2-3 inches by us.

If I don't get on next week, it is because we are going to be in the dead zone for internet. My parents do not have technology! :eek:

Have a great weekend, and Merry Christmas!

Hi ladies. My neck stayed sore all week. I did manage to get out to my parents and run for about 20 minutes on their treadmill this morning, which felt great after so many days of rest.

I probably won't pop in till Wednesday next week, but I want to wish everyone a happy, blessed Christmas! Enjoy your time with your families and other loved ones.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.