Buff Badgers Week of Dec. 12th

heartymax

Cathlete
Wow----the weekend goes by fast! I slept in late on Saturday and decided to workout around 9 AM which is really late for me. Usually, if I don't get up I just decide to start cleaning and not workout at all. Anyway, Saturday was STS total body. This morning was Butts and Gutts. I am sure my toosh will be screaming later today. I love the ab section of this workout also.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Countdown to Christmas.

Morning Ladies,

Saturday was a rest day for me, got some cookies made. ;) Sunday was 10 lb Slimdown Xtreme Kickboxing with gloves, and STS Total Body ~ Lower Body. This morning was S90 Cardio Challenge, and STS Total Body ~ Upper Body.

heartymax, Yes the weekend really does go by way to fast. Guess STS TB was the workout of choice on Sunday. :D I really do like that total body workout the most of all Cathe's offerings. ;) I think it is the pace, and the rep count that I like.

Have a great day!

Hi gang! No traditional workouts for me this week. Saturday was program practice followed by errands and shopping,and putting up the tree. Sunday I walked Ruby for 45mn then when I got home, DH arrived with a full truck and trailer load of wood so I had to help him haul and stack it. My arms and back were tired! This morning I woke and did P90X Legs/Back and Abs. Still one of my favorite leg routines!

Yes, we have DS's B-day this Sunday followed by DD's next Wednesday then of course Christmas! I am going to be so happy when January 1st arrives!:)

Hope you all have a good Monday!

Stay strong~ Susan

What was I thinking this morning when I chose the express cardio of slide and glide. I did Butts and Gutts yesterday. I am an experienced exercising----I should know better than this:eek: If I don't check in tomorrow you know I am nursing my hamstrings:rolleyes:.

Susan--this is a busy time of the year for you with all the celebrations.

Laurie---cookie baking sounds like fun. Everytime I look at the allrecipes.com website lately, it has a cookie recipe on the main page. I guess they know what people want most this time of the year.

Morning Ladies,

This morning was Hiit 30/30, and Power Hour Lower Body & Abs. I did some of the 30/30 step exercises on the floor. I didn't want to irritate my knee again.

Susan, Sounds like some tough manual labor workouts going there. ;) I remember well how hard that hauling of wood can be. I like the leg work in that P90X workout also. I have skipped the back work in that one. Happy birthday to your children! :)

heartymax, Ouch on the lower body work. Sometimes we tend to forget those things. ;) Cookies this time of year are the best. I need to do some cut-outs, my dd's love those the most.

Have a wonderful day!

Well, I thought I checked in yesterday, but perhaps not???

Anyway, I had a good weekend. Saturday was High Step Training, and Sunday was the combos only premix from Low Max.

Yesterday I did the Tracy Anderson "arms" and "butt and thighs" webisodes. I had sort of decided that her Metamorphsis program would be a good one for the new year, but I wanted to try out the free ones first.

Oh. My. Goodness. My poor, poor butt! These were hard. I could not complete all the reps for the leg work (done on all fours), and had to stop the video numerous times. My heartrate was though the roof, as well. I'm also embarrassed to say that I had to put down my two pound weights during the weighted arm section, and actually felt nauseous from the acid build-up during the unweighted section. Unreal. I've got crazy (yet awesome) DOMS today. I will definitely be ordering after Christmas. I don't think I'll follow her rotation verbatim, and I think her cardio is weird (can't give up my step!), but I must try it. In fact, I may be trying her ab webisode today.

Susan- Gotta love that manuel labor :D Do you use a woodburner/stove to heat your house? DS's babysitter does and it smells so good outside and is always so cozy inside. Makes me jealous.

Laurie- I've been having some knee issues myself these days :confused: I've never had really knee pain before so I'm a little confused. But I'm avoiding certain things this week and hoping I can nurse it back to health.

Heartymax- Slide and Glide definitely gets those hamstrings! That part at the end where slide your feet in with your tush in the air really gets me :p

I did some baking this weekend also, and the results are haunting me :) It's okay, though. Despite many slip-ups this season, my weight remains pretty static. I'm making gingersnaps tonight, DH's favorite.

Have a great day!

Morning Ladies,

Today was KCM's 30MTF Kickboxing Punching Premix and Power Hour Upper Body.

Sam, So sorry to hear that your butt is so sore, I don't enjoy leg work that is on your knees. Usually means torture. :D Have fun trying out what TA has available for free! I have one knee that gives me grief, and step seems to bother it. I should say some of the torque moves on the step bother it. I can do the step work in Hiit 30/30 just fine.

Have a great day everyone, even through the rain or snow!

Good morning! Yesterday I did the punch and kick combos only from Kick Max with weighted gloves. I also did the TA webisodes again. The arms were easier this time because I did them before the floorwork. I was able to do it without stopping the video, and without dropping my two-pounders.

DH's sitter has the flu at her house, so DH is home with him this morning. I think my principal's wife should be able to take him the rest of the week. I definitely don't want the flu at my house :confused:

Laurie- I find floor work torturous, but strangely addicting. Kind of like all those squats and lunges in Tonique. They hurt so bad, but I find it energizing. I'm weird :rolleyes: My knee is still bothering me if I keep it bent too long. It gets very stiff and hurts until I walk around a bit. I really don't want to go to the doctor, so I hope it gets better on its own.

I had planned on a rest day today, but I'm also feeling energetic. We'll see what happens.

Have a great day!

Hey guys! Sorry for not posting yesterday. I slept in yesterday thinking I'd workout after work. Only to be told by my DD after I got ready for work that she had her Christmas Concert. I did not get home until after 9pm! So, that was just a dog walking day. Today I got on the elliptical for 40mn then did 12mn of Ab work.

I really like floor work. I like that burn I get in my outer thighs. I imagine the fat sliding on off and burning away...:confused:

Hope you ladies have a great night! My DD's teen youth group is doing the Advent church service tonight and DD is singing a solo! :) Then I plan to go home and get in my jammies!:eek:

Take care-Susan

Susan---your talented singing daughter is keeping you busy! You must love every minute of it.

Sam---Sound like we both are getting our "butts" kicked this week:D.

Laurie---I see you pulled power hour out. Oldie but goodie!

We had an office potluck yesterday and we did a gift exchange. I got Jillian's 6 week six pack abs! Woo-Hoo. We did a getting to know us information sheet this year so every one pretty much got something they really liked so that was really nice.

This morning was Muscle Max and a part of Jillians' abs---I just had to at least check it out. I knew I liked her ab portions of Shred so I have been wanted the ab workout. I didn't do the entire workout as I didn' t have 35 minutes to do abs since I just finished Muscle Max.

Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Lower Body and KCM's 30MTF Cardio Blast Plyometrics.

Sam, Hope that knee gets better for you soon. I like doing that segment of KickMax also. I just like doing punching/kicking in most workouts. :D Good idea getting your DS out of the flu house! ;) Not something that anyone wants to go through.

Susan, I love when our children give us those surprises. ;) My youngest doesn't have any of those Christmas suprises for me this year. :D So how did she do on her solo?

heartymax, It was nice to do PH again, it has been a long time since I have attempted it. The bicep work in that one is a killer. ;) Congrats on getting the 6w6p workout, I like the 2nd workout the best. They are both good ones for sure. ;)

Have a great day!

Good morning! We were awakened a little after 5 this morning by DS throwing up :confused: Needless to say, I'm home this morning. He seems perfectly fine now, so I'm just praying DH and I don't get it.

Heartymax- A workout video for Christmas! Woo-hoo! Gotta love that!

Laurie- My arms and upper back had a nice tingle going yesterday from using the weighted gloves. I should do that more often. I've heard the bicep work in PH is tough.

Susan- This time of year is so busy for musical people! How wonderful your DD had a solo! I'm a singer myself, and it warms my heart when young people are involved in music. :)

I ended up exhausted when I got home yesterday so it remained a rest day. I don't know what today will hold... depends on if I stay healthy or not. Have a great day, everyone!

Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Upper Body and 30MTF TLC Conditioning. Anthother great combo. ;)

Sam, I love using my weighted gloves. It works the upper body really good, I know that I feel it a lot in my back. ;) Hope you and your DH avoid the flue, I know that I really don't like the experience.

Have a wonderful day!

Happy Friday, ladies.

I'm home again today just as a precaution. DS is totally back to normal. I felt a little "funny" all day yesterday. I feel better today, but I certainly don't want to give any of my fourth graders the flu right before Christmas.

No workout yesterday, either. I plan to try to do something during DS's nap today. Not sure what yet. I still feel a little lightheaded, so nothing too intense.

Laurie- The more I read about it, the more I'm convinced I "need" the TLC dvd. That would be good cardio to mix with Meta in the new year, right? :D

Have a great weekend everyone. I hope to finish almost all my Christmas stuff this weekend so I'm not stressed all next week.

Hi gang! Missed posting again yesterday! I did P90X chest/shoulders/tris last night. I will be doing KenpoX after work today.

DD did beautifully on her solo. She said she was so nervous, but she sure did not sound like it! She is singing a duet with our pastors wife during our Christmas program this Sunday.:)

We are celebrating both children's B-days this weekend. DS's is Sunday and DD's is the 21st. We're taKing them out for dinner Sunday and having the in-laws over. We don't usually go out for dinner because #1 I am too frugal and #2, I don't like all the calories! So the kids are looking forward to it.

Heartymax, I wish I would've asked for an exercise dvd for Christmas! That's a great idea! Oh well, my B-days in January...

Sam, I hope you don't get the flu! Think healthy thoughts and take care of yourself!

Laurie, how you have so much energy so early in the morning.. The mornings have been tough for me lately. Too cold, too dark.. but I told myself next week I am going to be better about going to bed sooner!

Hope you all have a great weekend. See you next week~ Susan

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.