Buff Badgers Thursday 4-27-06

shakeubooty

Cathlete
Morning, BBs! Hope everyone finds this checkin now that it's moved. Looks like a gorgeous day today.

Did HSTA this morning.

Marie - Thanks for the info on Chalene, Mindy and the Carribeans. I don't know if I agree with Chalene's minimal cueing concept though.

Have a great day everyone!

Sue

Morning BB's,

I'm so happy they have done this new forum. Marie, haven't you been asking for this since, forever!!!

Yesterday I only had enough time to do 3 Miles on the treadmill. Then I had to go pick up DD13 at track. By the time we got home it was in the car and off we went to diving. But the best part is that I did the 3 Miles in 30 min. Best time yet.}(

Today I will hopefully get in another 3 Mile run and do the CTX Shoulder/Bicep/Tricep w/o's that I missed yesterday. DD13 has a track meet today, so we will see what happens after that. May be getting this w/o in really late tonight.

DH finally got home last night. 4am in the morning was the time he crawled into bed. Then he had to wake up early today to be at work by 8am. Sucks to be him today! At least he slept on the "FUN JET" flight, that was delayed for 3 hours.

Ellen, it sounds like a good 8K race, I will have to look at doing that one next year. :)

Sue, the cueing may be why I don't pull the Turbo Jams out as often. I have fun when I do them, but I'm always one step behind when she changes the routine.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good morning,

I almost didn't find this new forum!

I haven't exercised yet... was too sleepy to get up extra early. I brought clothes so I could run over lunch.

Laurie, the Crazylegs is a lot of fun. You start on the Capitol Square and then run on the edge of campus around to Camp Randall. I hear it's supposed to rain this Saturday though; I hope it holds off till I'm finished! And great job on your fast run :)

Take care,

Ellen

Hi BBs,
YES! I almost didn't find the check in but glad they finally set up a separate area. I asked a couple of times but no response from the powers that be. Obviously someone with more clout finally asked. Probably the one complaining about all the check in groups!

I did a Firm workout - Super Body Sculpt I think. It is the one that divides the workouts into upper, lower and abs. I liked this and think that it is one that I can use frequently in the morning because it has minimal equipment changes. I will have to see if I feel any DOMS from this.

I am off today for the bathroom. I will also be here on Monday. DH has tomorrow.

Ellen - Hoping the rain holds off and we just have it at night.

Laurie - 3 miles is a good run. And esp in only 30 minutes!!

Hey Ladies! I'm alive!!

Marie, thanks for the email. I haven't been posting because I'm embarassed to admit I haven't been exercising AT ALL. I took the dog for a walk today and my foot is just killing me. I am trying not to do too much and avoid surgery. At least for now. I have asked a few times for a separate check in area, too. I'm glad they finally set it up. I can't believe your news about DH's job. i'm having a hard time just moving 15 minutes away!

My house is not sold yet. It's been on the market for 6 weeks now, and only ONE showing! Everyone (my realtor and her realtor friends) keeps assuring me that it's not the house, it's not priced too high......it's just the market. It's really bad! There are no buyers around here at all for anything over $200,000. So I'm still on hold. I'm not worried about losing the Elkhorn condo-there are still quite a few just like mine and they won't show mine too much with a big "sale pending" sign on it. They'd rather get another sold and wait for me, at least for now.

Did I even tell you guys I ended up buying the original condo I wanted? You can see pics at photobucket.com if you want. User name ElkCondo, p/w Jills. I worked it out with driving with my ex and was so happy to see it still was available. I've picked out paint colors (they include a custom paint job) and am ready to go as soon as my house sells. If anyone wants to see my house, just go to shorewest.com and put in MLS 818252. Tell your friends!! LOL

I'm glad to see you all are still here! I'll be better about posting. I'm sorry.......it's just so embarassing to say "no workout today again". Ugh!
Jill

I forgot about another important thing-my loved Mace. A family is coming over today to meet him to see if they want to adopt him. The situation with DS has gotten worse. We tried upping his meds, but the doc agrees that he just can't live with a dog. I'm really sad, but hopeful about finding a good home for him. There is another lady interested if these people don't work out.

Here's my latest picture of him. It's his favorite chair lol. He looks so serious! He also looks huge. He's not that big-looking in person.

000_0223.jpg

Hey Jill, good to hear from you! No need to feel bad about not exercising. I think we have all been there done that! Life gets in the way quite a bit. Now I have to get my tail going to DD's track meet.

Laurie

Jill -

Love the picture of Mace! So sorry to hear you have to give him up but I'm sure he'll make another family very happy. Don't feel bad about not posting. Great to hear from you again.

Sue

Hi Sue and thanks. Mace has a new home. He'll be leaving on Sat. morning. I feel sick to my stomach. I think he'll be happy with them. But I will be lonely without him. sniff sniff

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.