Buff Badgers Fri 9/29

Tonight is Homecoming for "us". :) It sure would be nice to win. Poor DS's team is 0-4. :( :( :(

We went shopping for dress clothes last night. My son got his first suit. Actually it's separate pieces but looks like a suit lol. He looks so handsome and grownup! I can't believe my baby will be 17 in a month!! Time has gone so fast.

Boy it's cold! I haven't turned my heat on yet, but I guess tonight will be the night. It was only 61 in the house this morning. Brrrr. So I went down and changed the filter and we're ready for tonight. I sure like summer better! And I've enjoyed the low WE Energy bills the last two months. Did you all hear they are issuing some kind of credit/rebate on our next bill? The average is only $12. Woop de doo. Compared to the $300 I pay in winter, that doesn't help much lol.

How are gas prices where you guys live? We are at $2.30 in my area, but I saw $2.27 in Milwaukee on Wednesday. That's down $1.00 from a month or so ago.

Have a great Friday!
Jill

Good Morning

Jill, Today is homecoming here in Rice Lake also. I don't pay to much attention to the HS football team because none of my kids are up there. Did your son get a suit for any occassion, or just because he needed one? I haven't looked at gas prices lately either. I fill up when I need it. I guess I know I have to have it so its not going to make a difference. It seems to be higher up here then down south when I do notice it.

Sue, glad you got a chance to check in, even late. Have a good rest day. It was nice you got a free lunch. What did you have. Hopefully, with all the work ahead you will get more free lunches. Is that wishful thinking?

Today is stretching and some upper body workout.

Have a good day everyone.

Hi Karen. Yes, Taylor got the suit for the Homecoming dance tomorrow night. :) Enjoy your workout!

Hi, Karen! Nothing fancy for lunch yesterday. My boss ordered a Cousins Subs party platter and chips. I would have rather have ordered an individual sub so I could get it without mayo on wheat bread but it was cheaper for her to do it this way. More free lunches would be nice but I'd rather have comp time. :)

Sue

Jill - Ooh! Is this is first homecoming? How exciting! I'll keep my fingers crossed they win tonight. ;) Yeah, I heard about the rebate from WE Energies - what a joke! Sorry, but I have no idea how much we pay for gas. DH took over the bills when I started complaining about my lack of free time. I handle all the insurance stuff, flex spending account, prescriptions, doctor appts. though. Believe me, this is more time-consuming than the bills!

I did High Step Challenge this morning. We're giving a party on Sunday so I'm off to do laundry and clean my house. Hoping to finish watching "Memoirs of a Geisha" tonight from Blockbuster. DH and DD have Indian Princess Camp tonight and tomorrow so it's just DS and me. I'll probably stay up after he goes to bed and watch it.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sue

Hiya Sue. :) It's not his first homecoming-he's a junior. Last year was the first year he went, and the first date for him and his girlfriend. Their one year anniversary already! I can't believe they've been dating for a year. Kind of rare in high school these days. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.