Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

Buff Badgers Feb 2-6

This is a discussion on Buff Badgers Feb 2-6 within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Good Morning, Today I will do KPC or spin. Yesterday went for a walk on the trails with DD6 and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Cathlete
kaykay's Profile Fields

Default Buff Badgers Feb 2-6

Good Morning,

Today I will do KPC or spin. Yesterday went for a walk on the trails with DD6 and that was all the workouts I got in over the weekend.

DD16 is going to take her driving test today. I hope she passes. She wants this so bad.

Lala, did you get a run in over the weekend?

Laurie, did you preview STS yet? I can hardly wait, today is the day I should get mine.

Sue, when will things ever slow down at work for you?

Susan, are you rested and feeling better?

Have a great day.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Cathlete
susanz's Profile Fields

HI there!

Karen, yes, I do feel a bit more rested! I am chalking last week up to a rest week cause it sure was bad! I have erased it from my memory and starting fresh today! My workout over the weekend was a long walk Saturday morning and that's it!

Today will be the elliptical for 35mn, pilates for 50 and we walked this morning.

I hope the rest of you had a nice weekend. I was kind of bummed that KC lost last night but Springsteen sure did a great job at halftime!

Check back later- Susan
Old 02-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Cathlete
shakeubooty's Profile Fields

Karen - A nice, long walk sounds good. Too much snow and ice on the sidewalk for me but I'm a wimp. I don't know when things will get better for me at work. I worked 4 hours yesterday from home and barely made a dent. Met with my boss and co-worker to discuss my workload and she was assigned more things but we need to hire another body is what it comes down to but there's a hiring freeze. Good luck to DD16 on her driving test today!

Susan - I enjoyed the Springsteen show, too. Exciting game at the end. Glad it wasn't a blowout like in years past.

Did major cardio on Saturday (Power Cicruit cardio and Leslie 5 mile walk). Yesterday was Amy Bento Slo Mo Chest, Bis, and Tris. First time with this workout and I really liked it. Today was Tamilee Tighter Assets Cardio Blast and Leaner Legs abs. We'll see how I do the rest of the week. By Tuesday or Wednesday I'm usually exhausted already and don't get in any more good workouts until the weekend. Last Thursday and Friday were unplanned rest days.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Cathlete
susanz's Profile Fields

Sue, the main thing is that you are doing something! At least you don't give up on exercise entirely! I hope things get better for you!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:03 PM
dani1351's Profile Fields

Hello Everyone,

Today I did MIC for the first time. OMG, I am beat and barely had any energy for the blast at the end. It kicked my butt. Tomorrow I am suppose to get STS, but I am not sure when I will start. I still haven't done any 1rm. Maybe I can somehow squeeze them in this week.

Sue don't beat yourself up about working out. I agree with Susan, as long as you do something, it doesn't really matter what it is. You sound so stressed at work I hope things get better for you.

Everyone else hello and keep up the good workouts. I know I will try I just need to work on my eating habits. Boy have I let those slip.

"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."
-William Faulkner

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Old 02-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Cathlete
shakeubooty's Profile Fields

Hi, Dani! Have fun with STS whenever to decide to try it. The 1RM testing was one of many reasons why I decided to cancel my STS order. It just isn't for me right now with everything going on at work. I wish you well with your testing though. I'm working on the better eating, too. Heck, I'd be satisfied if I could just keep my eating under control. The 1st 2 weeks in January were good; the next 2 - not so good.

Forgot to wish everyone a Happy Groundhog Day! Too bad Jimmy the Groundhog in Sun Prairie (my hometown) saw his shadow. Six more weeks of winter. Hope the bitter cold is over and not too much more snow.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:51 AM
Cathlete
kaykay's Profile Fields

Good Morning,

Today I am starting STS.

DD did not pass her driving test. The lady was not very nice right off the bat and scared DD before she even got started. Another 2 weeks and we will try again, hopefully with someone else.

DH is going to start STS with me on Wed. It is going to be almost impossible to do the exercises with one set of each weight of dumbells and one barbell and one step. I guess I'll be giving it all up for him.

Sue, great job on staying away from the pringles and icecream and getting up to do your workouts. Look at that willpower. You are doing great.

Dani, hope you get your 1RM done soon so you can join me in STS.

Susan, glad you are feeling better and getting your workouts done again. I really wanted the Cardinals to win also. That Pittsburg team is just mean and dirty. I haven't liked them since I started watching football for that exact reason.

Hi Laurie, did you preview STS yet? How did you like the looks of plyo legs? I am chomping at the bit to do that one. I may add it in before it is scheduled.

lala, how is your week going?

Have a great day.

Keep up the good work all!
Old 02-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Cathlete
susanz's Profile Fields

Hello!

Karen, sorry DD did not pass! Hopefully next time she'll have a better person to go with! Maybe you can do the STS while he's at work and just "coach" him while he does his workout.

I did not get all the pilats in yesterday that I wanted to so today is Pilates Power Sculpting for 60mn. My shoulder still bothers me. I think all the lifting and hauling I do at work does not help it! I attempted to do some Kickboxing, but that didn't work either. Pilates does not bother it very much unless I do side planks for something like that.

I'll be watching Biggest Loser tonight!

Take care- Susan
Old 02-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Cathlete
lala1's Profile Fields

Hi everyone! Just a quick check in
Am doing 4DS this week after my rest week. I feel so much better. Got STS today and am planning on starting it monday.

Susan, have you had your shoulder checked out yet? It´s been bothering you for a while, hasn´t it? Glad that you´re getting back to yourself!

Sue, keep up the good work. and hope you find some ways to destress!

Karen, Good luck to DD in 2 weeks and yes, I did get a run in this weekend! so nice to have the temps above 20! Back to the deep freeze for a while now

Hi Laurie and Dani. Dani, I know a lot of people are starting STS without doing the 1RMs.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:48 AM
Cathlete
lvnascar's Profile Fields

Default Morning!

Sorry I have been MIA, but it has been busy at work. I am taking some time to chat now, but I have to get going. Will make sure to stop buy and chat some more later tonight when I get home. That is if no one is on the computer. If they are they will get booted off!

Got STS, and have only previewed one disc. DD and I may attempt this rotation together, and that would mean that I will be starting in June. That is ok with me, because I have some workouts and want to finish the current rotation I am on.

Laurie