Buff Badgers Dec. 8-12

kaykay

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Today I am going to do GS back/shoulders/biceps and abs of some sort.

Hope you all are staying warm and enjoying the shoveling.

Laurie, now we have snow to go snowshoeing in. I'll bet it's nice having a track indoors now.

Hi to everyone. How much snow did everyone get? We have parent teacher conferences at the H.S. tonight. Thursday, we have them at the Jr. High.

Tomorrow I am helping my DD6 Kindergarten class make gingerbread houses, bringing a fruit salad for the teachers luncheon, helping another hour in the Kindergarten class and taking DD17 to the ear doctor.

I am enjoying today. I am going to wrap the presents I bought from my parent's to the kids and put them under the tree today. Our DS14 put all the lights on himself( a job I don't care for) and did an awesome job. The rest of the kids decorated the tree. I found my DD6 sitting by the tree this morning. She is still so excited about Christmas because she said to me yesterday It is Jesus's Birthday. I am glad she knows why we really celebrate the season.

DH got on the scale last night, after eating popcorn, cheese stick and a glass of lemon water. Also after supper he wanted a dessert so I gave him choc animals crackers and then decided to weigh in. He lost 3 pounds and complained all night. He decided not to get up and workout this morning and he did weigh himself in the morning and lost 5 pounds.

Have a great day.:)

Morning!

Well all weekend I have been suffering from a cold, so my whole workout was sleeping on the couch or my bed! :rolleyes: Feeling a little better today, and hope to have the energy to do a workout. All I really have is a stuffy nose. Maybe KenpoX would be a good one to try! Don't think I want to go to the gym and spread my germs there!

Karen, Yipee you all have some snow! I'm glad we are not the only ones that can enjoy this stuff! :rolleyes: I don't know how much snow we have gotten, but we are suppose to be getting some nasty weather tonight and tomorrow! :rolleyes: So your DH was not happy with a 3lb weight loss! I would have been overjoyed! LOL!

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend,

Laurie

Karen - Sounds like you have a busy next couple of days with a lot of running around. I think we've had at least a foot of snow so far this season. NOT looking forward to my commute tomorrow morning. :mad: Men are so cute when they diet, aren't they? :p :D

Laurie - Hope that nasty cold goes away soon. I had a headache last night and all I wanted to do was sit on the coach, snuggled up with a blanket and my kitties.

I've been trying to get workouts in when I can. Yesterday I did Jillian Michaels Shred - the beginner and the intermediate workouts. It was surprisingly tough with its fast pace and the weights I selected. I had to lower my weights for some exercises because I couldn't do all the reps. This morning I did Power Hour upper body exercises and abs.

DS has a demonstration speech on Wednesday. He's going to show how to make Rice Krispie bars. Since he won't have a microwave in class, he'll just show all the ingredients and do a swap out to show the finished product. He made them yesterday for the first time and did a pretty good job.

Back to the grindstone (work). :( Have a good day everyone.

HI gals!

We have had too much snow and tomorrw they are saying about 10"!! The school was already talking about cancelling school tomorrow. I am having my DH teach how to use the snow blower tonight!

My weekend was busy! Saturday I walked for an hour and then I had practice at the church for the Christmas program and then Sunday I taught Sunday School. Saturday I also ran around and did some shopping with DD. She needed a new dress for band and choir concerts. Sunday afternoon I just cleaned, cleaned and then jumped on the elliptical!

Today will be Cardio Kicks. My throat is feeling a little scratchy! Hope I can stop it before it turns into anything!

You ladies stay safe tomorrow and take care- Susan

Hi Everyone!!

I hope you are all staying warm. I'm in the band of the storm also. It started snowing here around 2pm. I'm sick of the snow already.

Karen, you've got a busy week ahead of you. I agree with Laurie, I would have been thrilled with 3 lbs. Must be a man thing that they want to see major results over night. :) I hope you had a great workout with GS. I like the GS workouts.

Laurie, hope you are feeling better.

Sue, I was contemplating buying one of Jillians DVD's but wasn't sure. How is she for an instructor? Were you happy that you bought it? I hope DS demonstration speech goes well on Weds.

Susan, hope you had a great workout with Cardio Kicks. I hope your scratchy throat doesn't turn into anything worse.

My weekend consisted of cleaning my parents house, did my grocery shopping, and Sunday I got out all my Christmas/winter decorations. Haven't gotten a tree yet. Not sure if we're going to get one this year. I'm having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit. I wrapped some Christmas presents for my mom so she didn't have to do it. Friday morning I did MIS and had a real good workout. Did dinner with our friend for his b-day. Saturday morning I dug up some ambition from some where, I did Imax 3 warm-up, Imax 3 blasts only premix, and followed that with Imax 2 blasts only and then abs from Cardio & weights as I ran out of time on Friday and skipped them. Had a pretty good workout. My legs were feeling it by the time I was done. This morning I did Power Hour after only 3 hours of sleep. Didn't sleep well Sunday night.

I hope everyone is having a great night and if you have to go anywhere tomorrow and you're in the area that is getting hit with snow, please drive safe.

Take Care!
Brenda

Quick check-in as it's my bedtime:eek:. did High Step Training today. am doing a circuit rotation. I really like that one. Looks like tomorrow will be snow shoveling...maybe a snow day! I actually like the snow. Maybe I'll ask for snowshoes for Christmas. Laurie, what are your recommendations?

karen, sounds like you are really busy with school and Christmas stuff. I got the tree all decorated and last night DD came into our room to say that she heard something inDD20 room fall and break. So DH checked...nothing. When I got downstairs this am to excercise...it was the tree:(. Not much broke, though

Sue, you are doing great to get workouts in at all with your work schedule!

Susan, sick of the snow, already:eek:?

Have a good evening!

Well, I just found out our schools are closed tomorrow! Yeah! I get to sleep in!:):)

Good night!

Susan

SNOOWWWW DAAAYYY:eek::eek::eek:. I get more excited than the kids. My DD17 just gave me a high five from her bed and then said, "No shouting, Mom", so I had to go downstairs to give my snow day whoop!

BUT, we didn't know til 6 am, (unlike, you, Susan!) so I was up and did KPC. Then to Walmart to get some gifts.

Did some shoveling, but my neighbor came by and finished it with his snow thrower. He knows I like to shovel :eek:, but I can't say no to kindness! Anyway, it looks like we'll have plenty more.

Enjoy the day...drive carefully~

Wow, you headed out shopping already? Brave woman! ;) I slept in until 7am which is unheard of in this house. My DS actually came and woke me up! I am now heading down to do Circuit Max.

I really like shoveling too Lala but DH showed me how to use the snow blower last night and wants me to try it today. He had to blow out the driveway before he left for work so I am going to wait until later to do it again. We have a lot of snow here!!

Please be careful if you head out today!

Karen, did you get any snow from this storm up there?

Check back later- Susan

Morning!

I'm feeling much better this morning! Yesterday was KenpoX, and tonight will be a full body workout. I'm hoping to get to the gym, but only if the weather permits. :)

WOW! Just heard on the news that the IL governor is arrested on federal charges, and it doesn't sound good for him. :eek:

Sue, That demo your DS is doing sounds like fun! Wouldn't have thought of doing something like that, very clever. I was wishing that Cami would have snuggled up to me on our bed (because I was having chills), but she only gave me her butt! :rolleyes: :eek:

Susan, Hope you can use that machine, and I hope it goes through this wet snow! Yes stop that scratchy throat asap! I wouldn't wish this cold on anyone.

Brenda, LOL about being sick of snow, and to think it has only started! :eek: Here let me help you get into the Christmas spirit! HO! HO! HO! :eek: and this is the only smilie that has rosie cheeks! LOL!

Lala, Oh they really have some fancy snowshoes out there, I only have used the ones my parents have and my Aunt. The ones my Aunt has are really nice, because they are much smaller than my parents. I like the small aluminum ones myself! So much lighter! It is just so much fun going out in the woods to snowshoe, something I have not done in a long time. Only do this when I go see my parents. I had a teacher in HS that took us Orienteering in the snow, and we had to use snowshoes. All we had was a map, compass and water! But dang that was fun!

Karen, I forgot yesterday, that I wanted to say how sweet that picture in my head was of your DD waiting for Jesus's Birthday. Yes that truly is what it is all about.

Laurie

Hi Everyone,

Sneaking in a quick check in at work, as I don't know that I'll have time tonight.

We got blessed with the snow also. As of 6am this morning we had between 6-8" and it's been coming done since. My drive in to work was slow but made it safely. My DH had a really long drive took him almost 2 hours and he drove into more snow then we were getting.

This morning I decided to do Cardio Kicks. I enjoy the punching drills at the end.

I envy all of you that were able to stay home off the roads in this crap.

Take Care and if you have to drive some place, please drive safe.

Brenda

Susan and Lala - Have fun snow blowing, shoveling and shopping today. I have one word for you:

LUCKY! :D :p ;)

as my kids would say.

Speaking of which, they were disappointed they didn't get a snow day today. It's coming down like crazy and the roads are really bad so I'm surprised they didn't call off school. We just had a lunch delivery and the young girl who drove was visibly shaking from driving on the bad roads. Poor thing.

I shoveled this morning for my workout. Last night I decided to torture myself by doing BBC Legs cardio.

Laurie - Glad you're feeling better. LOL on Cami giving you her dog butt!

Brenda - I think Jillian is fine as an instructor in Shred. Honestly, the moves are so basic I don't know how she could screw it up! The cardio drills remind me a lot of Barry's Bootcamp (BBC) cardio but only for 2 min. at a time. When Biggest Loser first came out I couldn't stand her. Since I started downloading her weekly radio shows she's really started to grow on me.

Hi gals,

Today I did CC8 on my treadmill and ab pilates.

The gingerbread houses the Kindergarters made were really cute. Lots of frosting everywhere.

We only got about 3 inches. Not even enough for the boys to use the snowmobile yet.

Sue, sorry no snow day. That school district of yours is very stingy with their snow days. Good job getting your snowshoveling workout in this am.

Brenda, glad you and your DH made it to work o.k. Sounds like you had a busy weekend. Great job putting Imax 3 and Imax 2 intervals together. I did that once, haven't done it since.

Laurie, glad you are feeling better. Do you thin DH could do Kenpo X? He is very uncoordinated and says Cathe moves way to fast. Hope you can get to the gym. Isn't it something about the govenor!

Susan, it is nice you got to sleep in. How did the snowblowing go? I love circuit max. It is just one of those fun workouts. I don't do it much because it seems to lack legs if I am counting it as a circuit.

Lala, Yea!!!No school. You even got to do KPC. Have fun shopping. To bad about your tree. Glad not much was harmed. I don't mind shoveling unless it ends up to be an every day thing. Then I can get annoyed with it. I still have some more shoveling to do today before I haul the wood to our woodbox. I'll fit it in soon.

Had to go find a George Washington costume for a report and a dress alike the 7th graders do every year. If the kids have already done the report, why can't they just answer questions and not dress up. It's just a pain for the parent's.

Drive safely and keep warm. Talk to you all tomorrow.

Good morning ladies! Well, back to school today! Kids did not want to get out of bed! :p

My workout today is the elliptical(Heart Rate Extreme program) for 35mn followed by pilates for 30mn.

The snow blower worked really well yesterday but I did shovel a little bit that the blower did not pick up. I am pretty picky about how clean I want the walk ways!

Have a great day!

Susan

Morning!

Hey all what is that bright thing in the sky this morning, it caused me to wear my sunglasses while driving! :eek:

Got my workout in at the gym last night, because I'm just one crazy woman. And there was hardly anyone there, so I did a circuit style for 3 sets. Doing your weight workout like that really makes you sweat, because you move from one body part to the next. I rested between sets, but not between exercises. Will have to make up a workout like that for home. :D

Brenda, Hope your drive home was ok, and your DH too. :( Not fun driving in this stuff that is for sure. I sure enjoy Cardio Kick drills to.

Sue, My oldest was very disapointed that they had school, but it looks like West Bend has already used up 2 of the 3 they have alloted. I told the girls, you either get a bogus day off, and spend more time in school at the end of the year, or you get to enjoy your summer one day longer! LOL! :eek:

Karen, I can just picture that frosting everywhere, bet they had a great time creating those houses. KenpoX is very doable for your DH. Most of the upper body work that Tony does is stationary, and his kicking drills are very simple. Front, side and back kicks with an even pace. Nothing frantic. The only thing Tony does fast in this workout is at the end when you are doing the punches.

Susan, I don't blame your kids for not wanting to get out of bed, neither did I. :rolleyes: But of course Cami kept pestering me to get my bod up. :D So now that you know how to use that machine, will DH expect you to do the walkways and driveway all the time? I know my DH would take advantage of it. :rolleyes: :D

Laurie

Good Morning,

Today I did Kelly Coffey 30 min fitness both segments with DH. He didn't like it, and promptly said this is why guys don't do this kind of weight lifting. She is pretty straight forward:( I also did GS Legs standing only and GS biceps when he left for work. He was grumpy because he didn't like the workout.:confused:

Susan, sounds like you will be getting a good workout in today. Are you still ttapping? Now that you know how to use the snowblower, your stuck with another job.

Laurie, you crazy lady, you. Working out and traveling on the roads just to work out. Good for you. If you make a workout up like the circuit you did at the gym let me know what it is. It would be fun to do something like that. I'll bet is was nice to see the sun this morning.:)

Have a great day. Off to take DD to the orthodontist( my monthly hour drive each way) I hope the snow holds off so I don't have to drive in it.

Take care.:D

Hi all, yes back to school is hard! This am was high step challenge...it WAS a challenge.

Karen, hope DH can find some kind of workout he likes :confused:.

Laurie, yes, do share your circuit workout!

Sue, shoveling that white stuff is definately a workout!

Susan, Have to agree with Karen, now you can't feign ignorance in the use of the snowblower.

Have a good evening.

Good morning!:D

Woke early to take Ruby for her walk. The moon was so big and bright! Today I will be doing Pilates Max for 50mn. I did not get to do my pilates last night, but I did get on the elliptical!

Karen, I seem to have ADD when it comes to exercise LOL! I have to have variety or I get so bored. So I'll start something new, and then within a few weeks I must have change!!! My body just needs more variety. I still am incorporating some of the T-Tapp exercises into my routine though! I drive myself nuts!

Enjoy your day!

Susan

Morning!

Todays workout will be the circuit workout at the gym, and a 25 min interval run on the TM.

Karen, I looked over my workout that I did at the gym, and found exercises that I could do at home. I was surprised at how many options I had available. I went from one exercise to another with little to no rest, with information on what weights I was going to use. 3 sets of 12 reps with a weight that will take you to muscle failure. You can workout to your own music. :) Makes me want to do this at home now! LOL

Back: One Arm Rows (Bent over Barbell Row, Pull-Ups)
Chest: Push-Ups (Chest Press (flat/incline) DB Flys (flat/incline)
Quads/Glutes: Squats (Rear Lunge, Plie Squats, Step Ups, Sit n Strands, Deadlift)
Hamstrings: Alternate Lunges or Flutter Kicks
Biceps: Standing Bicep Curl (hammer, concentration)
Triceps: Dumbbell Kickbacks (Dips, tricep extension)
Shoulders: Dumbbell Lateral Raise (Military Press, DB Shoulder Press)
Lower Back: Supermans (Could do these on the ball too)
Abs: I did Hip Thrusts, but you could do just about any ab exercise you want.

Lala, Oh going back to work after time off is hard. I'm getting 2 weeks off for Christmas, and I'm looking forward to it.

Susan, I think we all have a little exercise ADD, because we have so many DVD's. :eek: :D

Laurie

Hi gals,

Today I did Imax( the original) I forgot how hard that one was. I think it is harder than the other two. Maybe I am just a whimp. Also did GS floorwork. DH did not get up to do his treadmill workout this morning. I told him he has to do extra tomorrow. We shall see.

Susan, I can't stick to anything for any length of time either. I can changes things the very same day. YOu are doing a great job mixing it up and having fun. I guess that's all that matters.

Laurie, thanks for the exercises. I printed it out and am going to try it, maybe with DH. He should be able to do that. Have fun with your run. Is DD still going with you to the gym?

Lala, I love circuits. I think they get the most done in a short amount of time, plus they are fun fun fun.

Hi to all you Buff Badgers. Enjoy your day.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.