Buff Badgers Dec. 29-Jan.2

kaykay

Cathlete
Good Morning BB's,

Today DH and I did Lauren Brooks Kettlebell workout. My parent's got us some kettlebells so I used the 25 and DH used a 30. Boy, the increased weight sure makes the workout more aerobic.

Hope everyone got some good presents and enjoyed time with their families.

Had a fun time with my family at Christmas. We also had a relaxing weekend. DD16 took DH and all of us out for a birthday meal yesterday. DH turned 46.

Have a wonderful day.

Good Monday!
Karen, sound like you are going strong with the kettlebells! How nice of DD to take you all out for DH birthday!

Today I did the bootcamp premix of BM2 and finished my 1RMs :D:D...at least as many as I´m going to do!

Had a wonderful Christmas with family and yesterday went to Mpls to have Christmas with DH family.

Looks like more ShovelMax (as Sue puts it :D)tomorrow!

Good Morning,

Today I am doing CC on the spin bike. DH did not get up this morning.

lala, looks like we will all be shovelmaxing. Good job on finishing your 1RM. That is something I still have to do. Hope you had a good time at your in-laws. Have you gotten to snowshoe yet?

Have a great day all.

:DHi there! Sorry I have not been posting much! LAst week of course was busy and then our computer caught a bug so I spent way too much time trying to clean it up. Seems ot be back to normal now, thank goodness!

My Christmas was nice and quiet. We went to my sister's on Christmas Eve and also went to church with her family. Christmas day we stayed home. I baked a ham and roast potatos, carrots etc.. However, our son broke out in hives the next day! He must have been allergic to a seasoning in the packet that came with the ham. We don't really know. But he was covered head to toe in hives for 4 days! Poor guy! Christmas day I received new PJ's, robe and slippers so I took a nice long shower, put on my new soft and cozy things and took a nap! :p It was a very lazy day for me!

Today I walked for 30m nand did a 50mn pilates Max workout. I have decided to make January my Pilates Maxi Month and have written up a schedule to use. When I did it today, I could really feel it. My low back really needs to get more flexible as well as my hams so adding in more piltes should help.

Well,I have to go get a physical today plus a re-check on my Hypothyroid. I think my meds need to be increased cause I feel all the symptoms coming back(fatigue, irritable,weight gain, etc..) We'll see what the blood tests show. I think I'll be shoveling later as well. Supposed to get 4-5" but nothing yet!

Bye!! Susan

Today I did Kelley Coffey´s new kickbox. I liked it. Um, the background exercisers don´t have her good form and I wish they did, because after i do a DVD for a while, i like to follow the different exercisers...helps with the boredom factor!

Sue, sorry about your little guy:( Hope he´s all better. Shoveling tomorrow for me, for sure. Don´t you just love days when you can hang around the house doing nothing?!

Kay, you are doing great with your workouts!

Hi BB's,

Today I did Kettlebell Way 2 with DH. We will go snowshoeing tonight also.

We have some movies to watch tonight. I have to get some things from the grocery store to make some food for tonight.

What are you all doing this New Years Eve?

I tried KCM kickbox last week sometime. It was a good workout.

Susan, how did you thyroid come back? To bad about your son. You sure do change your workouts up a lot. You will never hit a plateau. How much snow did you end up with?

lala, glad you like KCM. I'll have to admit I spent so much time trying to figure out her moves, I was only looking at her. I love your new avatar. I can finally see what you look like. You are very pretty.

Have a great day.:)

Good New Year´s Eve morning! It is -10 here. DH did the snowblowing, so I had nothing to shovel. However, I did go out and did some "cleanup" on the front steps and am glad he did the rest!

Today´s plan is SJP and then I think I may start Fitness Freak´s Jan rotation. Really want to get out skating, but not in this weather.

Karen, Aww, thanks for the nice complement. Haven´t snowshoed yet, but it is not too expensive to rent, so it is still in my plans for this winter...so I probably have til May;) Enjoy your snowshoeing tonight...and stay WARM! Sounds like a nice plan for your New Year´s Eve.
We are going to some friends´ house from church tonight.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, ALL
1196698973fxWB50.jpg

Hi guys,

Just didn't want to fall to many pages down so I thought I'd post even though noone else is.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hope you are all enjoying your time off with your family.

DH and I went snowshoeing for a little over an hour today. It sure was a nice day for it.

Tomorrow is sledding with the kids and some more snowshoeing. Probably will do a total body workout with DH too.

Have a great day.

Hi everyone and Happy New Year!!!

Sorry I have not been posting much this week. Still having computer problems but I think I finally got it fixed! Ended up having almost 1,000 various "bugs" in our computer! YIKES!

Our New Years came in very quietly. We had a very nice dinner here at home, watched movies, and fell asleep before midnight! Yesterday the kids and I went to the movies with my friend and her 2 kids. We saw Beverly Hills Chihuaha (sp?). It was cute. Today I need to take DS to get his hair cut and then run a couple errands.

Yesterday I did Pilates Power Sculpting for 55mn. Today was a 30mn walk, 40mn elliptical and 20mn Pilates Bun & Thigh Sculpting.

Have a great day! Susan

Hi gals,

Today DH and I are snowshoeing and doing Max Int. Strength. Hopefully we get it all in.

Still want to get sledding in for DD6.

I am leaving for lunch with a friend soon. I am sure it will be fun but it is weird leaving my family to go out.

Susan, glad you got some great workouts in.

Have a great day.

Yesterday I did an hour on our ski machine. Today I´m not sure what I´ll do. Right now I´m waiting for DD to get out of surgery. (She´s having a shoulder repaired and I´m out here praying that all goes well. Poor thing was so scared:() We probably won´t get home before 4. I´ll just want to do SOMETHING!

Karen, enjoy your lunch...you might find you like going out w/o your family...OK, once in a while, anyway:)

Lala, I pray for a quick recovery for your DD!

After spending most of my in a hospital, I'd want to go take a nap! LOL! I own a ski machine too (NordicTrack) but since getting the elliptical it has only collected dust!

Hi, everyone! Happy New Year! :D 2009 - can you believe it? When I was a kid l would have thought we'd all be living in spaceships by now.

Sorry I haven't been posting this week. I had to work on Monday even though our company is shut down from Christmas through New Year's every year. Had to work from home on Tuesday and today, too. In between I've been reading books 3 & 4 of the Twilight series (DD13 got me into those), watching lots of TV and sleeping in. :D Oh, and I've been working out, too. Forced myself to get on the scale yesterday even though I knew it would be bad (it was) and I'm back to journaling my food on FitDay. I lost 2 pounds already so I've just got to keep my eating under control and keep pushing toward that goal. My goal is to lose 22 pounds before April 9 (the day DD and I leave for France) and ultimately 37 pounds by the end of summer.

Karen, Lala and Susan - You guys must have more snow left on the ground than we do. On Christmas Eve we had so much it was getting hard to find places to put the new stuff but now we have big patches of grass all over. It's sad because DH just got our cross-country ski poles fixed (not really sure what happened to them but I think he's responsible from the sheepish grin on his face). Would love to snow-shoe, too. Really good cardio.

Susan - Glad your little guy is over his hives. Fuzzy pjs, robe and slippers sound nice and cozy. ;)

Karen - It's great that DH is still working out with you. Every time I mention to DH about doing one of my workouts when he can't get to the Y, he'll say something like "snow shoveling is a workout, too". It's almost like he feels if he's home he should be working around the house or relaxing.

Lala - Nice to "see" you! LOL I wish everyone had pictures of themselves in their avatars. I like to see what the person looks like (vs. their dog, cat, favorite cartoon character or whatever). I must admit though that I had my cats as my avatar for a LONG time. Had to work up the courage to post a pic of myself.

Have a great weekend everyone!

P.S. Lala - I forgot to wish your DD a speedy and full recovery on her surgery. DH had elbow surgery in August and it turned out to be more than I thought it would be (although it was scheduled so fast we really didn't have time to consider what it would be). Anyway, I hope all goes well for her.

Last edited:
Good afternoon! Just looked at the clock and can' believe the morning is gone and I have nothing to show for it...well, I DID walk the dog!

Thanks for all the well wishes for DD. She is doing fine. The scariest part for me is the actual surgery. It took 3 hours, but we were in ambulatory surgery center for 9:confused:.

I did BM2 when we got home! Nothing yet today, I *plan* a short run and hope to skate a bit. Also need to grocery shop:(

Sue, so nice to see you! So despite the company being closed, you still have to work:( But it sounds like you are enjoying some downtime. You are brave to step on the scale! I did, too, and it sure is motivation to clean up my eating! I also find that tracking what I eat really helps...I use sparkpeople. So congrats on the weight loss, and continued good luck to you! I do remember when your DH had his elbow surgery. How is he now?

We still have LOTS of snow on the ground, probably to stay

Susan, my ski machine is a Nordic Trac, too, "inherited" from SIL. Old school, but it does the trick!

Hi to everyone, have a great Saturday...OOOO and back to school on Monday...am so not ready for that:(

Lala - So glad the surgery went well! Isn't it ridiculous how much time you spend waiting around in hospitals? I guess I'm glad that they're thorough but it doesn't make the waiting any easier (or quicker). Is she in pain or does she feel nauseous? I remember DH feeling nauseous from the anesthesia and sleeping a lot from the pain killers the day after his surgery. He's fine now. Fully recovered with a nice scar to show for it. He actually kind of likes showing it off when he tells his story.

I'm not looking forward to Monday either. Been enjoying doing a whole lotta nothing.

I did Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kickboxing - the first KB segment and all the combat drills with a 9 lb. bar. Fun! And tough. Then I did 4DS tris and bis.

I'm going to miss my longer workouts next week unless I can get my butt out of bed at 4:30. The Go Live date for our project has been pushed back to April 1 which relieves the stress a bit but it's also 8 days before DD and I leave for France. The timing is bad but they've known since last summer about this trip and I'm NOT cancelling!

Off to do LaundryMax, CleanMax, etc.

Hi guys,

lala, glad your DD surgery went well. Hope for a speedy recovery. It is hard to wait for something like that. Glad you are getting in your workouts. Are you running on a treadmill now or are you outside skating and running?

Sue, glad to see you again. Neat you have been enjoying your long workouts. You won't have a problem losing the weight before your trip. You sound very determined.

Haven't got a workout in today, probably won't. We have a friend of DD6 over f or the day and night and some of the boys friends snowmobiling.

Take care.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.