Buff Badgers april 21-25

kaykay

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Yesterday I ran 5.5 miles, wanted to do 7 but had to stop to p/u DS from soccer practice. Today the workers are here again so I will try to squeeze in some total body workout before soccer tonight.

Hope you all had great weekends. The project for DS turned out great. He was very proud of his hard work. His teacher thought it was great also. Said she had never seen a log cabin this nice. It is huge, it took both DH and myself to carry in in the school.

Enjoy your days.

Morning BB's,

Today I ran 3 miles and did 4DS Chest/Shoulders/Triceps. I would still like to get 4DS Lower Body Weights in too. I was not able to workout yesterday, just a very busy day. I was gone from home since I attended church. We had our monthly workshop, so it was a long day. Fell asleep on the couch last night.

Karen, Hope those workers start speeding up the process on your house, so they are finally out of there. Has to be hard having your day disrupted like that. x( What kind of material did your DS use for his cabin? Glad it turned out well.

Sue & Susan, How was your weekends? Full of fun I'm sure. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hello ladies! Sounds like you both got good runs in! Good for you!

Karen, I sure hope those workers are out of your hair soon! Congrats to your son for doing such a great job on his project!

Laurie, I know how those busy go! You probably needed the rest!

Saturday I took a 3 mile run, then grabbed Ruby for a 2 mile walk. Yesterday I was only able to squeeze in a 45mn walk while DS8 was at soccer. I should've probably run but my legs were tired!

Today is the elliptical for 50mn and pilates lower body.

Have a great day! Susan

Susan - You're getting in lots and running and walking so I can see why your legs are tired! Great weekend to be outside.

Karen - Did you take pictures of the log cabin? I'd love to see what it looks like.

Laurie - I'm curious. What do you do at your monthly workshop? It's for Ren Faire, right?

Had a great time at dinner Friday night with my family. Sad to see my sister leave since she only visits 1-2 times a year and she's one of my favorite sisters. :-( On Saturday I didn't workout. Made up for it by eating poorly and sleeping a lot! :+ Yesterday I did truly make up for it by doing Step Fit, PS-CST and Bootcamp core. This morning was PS-SLA.

Sue

Morning BB's,

Today I plan on doing CC#7 on the spin bike. I ended up doing ME/BC premix yesterday.

The men are gone--Yipee!!!

DS made his project out of split wood held together with Rockite a cement like material that drys faster. The roof was thin wood made into shingles, the chimney was made using a oil can with rocks attached with Rockite. It has 5 windows with wood cut out to look like shutters and a wooden door with a little handle. the yard is fenced in and has dirt from our yard and cement pieces that were deteriorating. The wood for the house was torched, steel wooled and then notched with a band saw to fit the pieces together. I'll try to get a picture up, it's at school right now until Fri when parents will go to a presentation.

Sue, glad you had a great time with your sister. To bad you don't live closer especially if it's one you are close to. It sounds like you were a good girl and got your workouts in.

Laurie, did you get your leg workout in? You had a lot of exercise packed into one day yesterday. Sun. was a georgeous day here, a good day not to exercise but enjoy the weather.

Susan, wow you are really picking up runnng quickly. You must be a runner. Take care of those legs, to keep up with Laurie, you need to up the miles by like 10. Just kidding.

Have a great day.

Morning BB's,

Workout today was 3m run and 4DS Lower Body Weights. I will be doing the calf work later today. Just didn't have enough time to get the whole workout done, and get into the shower. :)

Susan, How is your running going? Does it feel good, are your feet cooperating for you? You where a smart lady to give your tired legs a break. ;-)

Sue, At our workshops DH gives info on the season, we answer questions about our persona. Some people get fittings for outfits, and approvals. All of our clothes have to be approved, and finished before we start rehearsals. And it gives new people an opportunity to meet everyone before the faire season starts.

Karen, What a great day, the workers are gone!!!! I'm very happy for you, it has to feel like you got a little control back to your day. Now I can understand why the cabin was so heavy. :D It sounds like it will look great though. He put a lot of hard work into it. Yes Sunday was a nice day, we actually where able to get outside to do some work on our character.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - Okay, more dumb questions! Do you make up a personna or is one assigned? Are your personnas based on real historical characters or a general description of someone of that gender, social status, occupation, etc. who would have lived during that time? Sounds like a lot of hard work goes into getting ready for the summer season. I have a greater appreciation now. :)

Karen - Wow, that sounds like quite the project! (the log cabin). And here I was imagining popsicle sticks or Lincoln Logs for a school project. You must be one of those creative people? I've heard about people like you! Just teasing. Yes, please post pictures. Is your snow gone? Yay, to the workers being gone! :)

Susan - Another busy day on tap? ;-)

This morning was BodyMax2 Timesaver Cardio. I haven't done this one in awhile so I patted myself on the back for remembering the choreo since it's only the finished combos in this one. Dojo tonight. I think some people still need to earn stripes for graduation so I don't think we'll be working too hard (darn!).

It's pouring buckets outside right now. Hope it stops before I leave.

Sue

Sue, it was all my DH. I didn't help at all. He always has to overdo. That's definitely not me. I would have made it much smaller. The snow is gone and it is a beautiful day. DD5 and I went for a walk/run in the trails. It's nice to get outside in the sun. I wish I had more time or energy to do more workouts that I like. I have so many that I love like BM2 and don't have time to do them all.

Have fun at Dojo. Did the rest of your family get their stripes like you?

Laurie, have you been running outside or on your treadmill?

HI ladies!

Today is Bootcamp for me. Haven't done this one a while. Not looking forward to the "terminator climbers"!

My feet and knees are feeling very healthy right now. I know if I over do it they will get sore so I wil be adding running in slowly.

Karen, you DH sounds like mine. If there is a project to be done it is done to the extreme! LOL

Sue, enjoy your Dojo tonight!

Susan

Good Morning,

My workout today, hopefully, is PH and a 4 mile run. I have an IEP for DD17 at school tonight and have to p/u DD15 from track and get DD5 and DS10 to soccer practice with supper somewhere in between. It is so nice today I really wanted to run outside but I guess it will have to be on the treadmill or no run. Hummm.

Susan, I'll bet with all the activity you do those terminators don't stand a chance. What pilates dvd do you use a lot?

Hi Sue and Laurie.

Enjoy your day.

Hello!:D

Today is the elliptical (hill intervals) followed by pilates buns & thighs.

Karen, I survived the terminators but I had to fight for it! LOL! I use with Winsor Pilates workouts. I think I have most of them. I mix them up since some are short (20mn) and some long (50mn). I think they are a good compliment to strength training. Helps stretch me out and keep me limber! I like the bun & thigh workouts a lot cuz I really feel it in the glute! You sure have a lot of running around to do today! Hope you are able to get your run in!

Hi Sue!
Hi Laurie!

Stay strong- Susan

Morning BB's,

Todays workout so far has been 4DS Back & Biceps / LIS Core. Will run 3m when I get home. Suppose to be a nice day again today!

Sue, Oh your questions are not dumb at all. I was given a really person, her name is Margaret Clifford, Lady Stanley Countess of Derby. I'm fortunate to have things written about her. There are some people that don't have anything to work with, so have to make up history on them. We have these sheets of questions that we answer and keep up until we open. Things like parents names, and birth date etc. We also answer questions that people might ask us, like do you love your husband, how many children do you have and what is your favorite room in your house. :7 :7 Sometimes people surpise you, and you have to answer the question as best you can.

Karen, Isn't it funny how those DH's get into those projects. Mine is the same way. Sounds like you have a day like I have had the last two of. I'm going to enjoy my run outside today, just to enjoy the sun. Need that vitamin D in my system. :7 :7

Susan, Glad you survive those Terminator Climbers! :D Not my favorite part of the workout. Once those are done, the rest of the workout seems to go fast. Glad your feet and knees are both doing good.

Have a great day ladies,

Laurie

Laurie - Now you make me want to go back and ask some really bizarre questions. ;-) Just kidding. How about another dumb question: Do you have designated "bouncers" to handle the drunks who get out of hand? I've never seen anyone get out of hand but since alcohol is served on the grounds I'd imagine it happens from time to time.

Karen - Yes, the entire family has earned the required red, white and blue stripes. Patriotic isn't it? Busy day for you, "Chauffeur Mom". :) Hopefully we'll have a few more days of nice weather so you can fit that outside run in. I hope to do that one of these days, too.

Susan - I used to struggle doing those terminator climbers so I'd put my hands on my 4" step instead of the floor and that made it easier. Since I started Dojo and all the crazy things they make us do, I can do them like Cathe & Crew now! Well, maybe not exactly like them. ;-) They're still tough though.

Good workout last night at Dojo. The bummer though is that I hurt my ankle during XMA (Xtreme Martial Arts) doing a flying somersault. I landed hard on my ankles and that along with the roundhouse kicks we were doing with the new heavy hanging bags (packed with sand) made my ankle "ache" last night as I sat on the coach afterwards watching TV. I was walking on it fine though. Gradually it just started hurting more and more so I iced it and hopped around on 1 foot. At bedtime I couldn't sleep because the pain was so bad so stayed up icing and wrapping until around midnight. Took some Ibuprofen. Woke up on the coach and hobbled to bed. Due to my poor night's sleep and my hurt condition, I slept in and skipped my planned workout (PS-BBA). Today it's wrapped and I'm wearing an air cast so I can walk on it. We'll see how it feels tonight. No swelling so that's good. I think it just needs a day or two of TLC and it'll be fine.

Sue

Sue, sorry about your ankle, hope it feels better soon. I guess it's a good lesson to me to not attempt XMA. Yikes!

Laurie, hope you enjoy your outside run.

Susan, thanks for the pilates recommnedation.

I am going to the park with DD5.

Good Morning,

Todays workout is LIS/HIS. I think I am done running so much, by body does not care for it. I can't believe how sore I am from total body workouts compared to one to two parts a day. I wonder why this is?

My DH is leaving for the Trans Iowa, a 354 mile race across Iowa. They ride for 24-30 hours straight bringing only what they can carry. They don't eat but drink their meals and need lights etc. They have no support and they get new directions at each check point. At the beginning they don't know where they are going until the start. I personally think he is crazy.

Hope you all have a great day.

Morning BB's,

Today's workout was 4DS Lower Body Weights and Stechmax #1.

Yesterdays run was really good, just beautiful weather yesterday for it. :D Was able to get grocery shopping done too. DD15 tempted me to buy dark chocolate m&m's. Dang they where good. :9

Karen, I think your DH is crazy too! That is a lot of miles to travel in such a short amount of time. Did you see any improvements from running? Sorry to hear that your body is protesting, but I totally understand when a body doesn't want to take the pounding of running. Will you start biking instead?

Sue, How is your ankle today? Sounds really painful when you have to hop around on one leg! Oh you can come visit us again, and any question is fine. Just don't ask if we are HOT in our clothes. :D That one gets asked a LOT! :D We have security all over the place down at the faire. They are a wonderful group of people. Oh we get lot's of drunks. But they make lots of $$$ off of that.

Susan, Hope you are having a great day!

I am off for the afternoon to go watch a Brewers game. Our whole facility is going to it, and they are catering in food too. Should be a fun time.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - Okay, I promise not to ask if anyone is hot in their costumes but I'll certainly be thinking it! ;-) And empathizing. . .

Karen - Could it be that your body is getting used to new kinds of activity (running, full body workouts)? Your DH is crazy but part of me would like to do something like that, too, just to say "I did it". Bicycling is not my thing but maybe something else. It can't involve fundraising though. I looked into doing the Susan Komen 2 Day Walk and you have to raise donations to participate. Not my thing.

Susan - Wouldn't it be neat to know how many miles you've logged on your elliptical? Or maybe you can? You've definitely gotten your money's worth out of that purchase!

Ankle is still not 100% but much better. It's weird I know. Can't explain how it goes from not being able to walk on it to almost healed so quickly. It's my ankle that I fractured a long time ago so prone to injury. RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) really works if you do it right away.

No workout today yet. I have to get my butt to bed earlier if I want to get up at 4:30 to workout. Hopefully tonight I'll have time. I feel like such a slacker compared to you guys. That's good though - keeps me motivated. :)

Sue

Hello there!

Karen, sorry your body is protesting your running efforts!

sue, I wish I could see how many I have logged on there! Maybe there is a way I can get the computer to tell me!

Today is my "off" day for the week. Too much planned!

See you all tomorrow!

Hi guys,

I will try to get a workout in after I get back from Eau Claire with a friend. Hopefully B&G premix/BM2 upper premix. I planned on cardio before I knew I was going to Eau Claire, so probably won't happen.

Laurie, I haven't noticed any difference from running. I wouldn't be able to stop if I had. Are you still seeing results?

Sue, glad you ankle is feeling better, can't keep you down to long. I don't know how you do it getting up that early to workout. Congrats on the weight loss, its going away.

Susan, hope you enjoyed your rest day. Let us know if you find out how many miles you have logged in on your elliptical.

Have a good day tomorrow, and a great weekend.

I will try for cardio on Sat. and Drillmax or some circuit that appeals to me on Sun.

Happy Friday!

Today will be CTX Kickbox and CTX Power Circuit (cardio only) followed Pilates Power Sculpting ABS.

Tomorrow morning I think I am going to bike for an hour! Then do Max. Intens. Strength. Don't know about Sunday yet!

Hope you all enjoy your weekend ahead!

Stay strong- Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.