Buff Badgers 9/20

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's;

Today will be CTX Shoulders/Triceps/Biceps plus warm up of Imax2 and intervals 1-5 of Imax. I'm not partial to the warm up in Imax.

Have quilting tonight at church, so that will be filling up my evening. My girls are ready for Biggest Loser tonight. They love that show. :)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning,

Laurie, have fun quilting. I wish I had somewhere I could learn quilting. You can make so many beautiful things. I don't do Imax very much. I just like Imax 2 & 3 better.

Hi to everyone else to come. Have great workouts.

Today I ran 3 miles and did one segment of Stretch Max. My 5K is coming up on Sunday.

Laurie - At one point in the Imax warmup I swear I can hear a baby crying. I used to imagine this all the time and one time I actually paused the workout to check on my DS who was 2 or 3 at the time and he was crying in his crib! My sister in Denver is a big quilter. One of my goals when I retire is to learn to quilt.

Karen - Hope the weather on Sunday is good for your 5K. Let us know how you do.

Took DD to the orthodontist this morning. Bad news. She needs 2 baby teeth pulled immediately to make room for some adult teeth coming in AND she needs braces. x( DD is a real wuss about pain so it's going to be a LONG 24-30 months. One step at a time. We'll see how she does with the teeth pulling first.

Did Jari Love Ripped to the Core this morning. Only my 2nd time with this w/o and I'm still deciding if I like it. Guess what? My DVD did the same thing this morning as it did last week with skipping the last few chapters and going back to the warmup. At least I knew better this time. Kind of a pain but one I can live with.

Have a great day everyone!

Sue

Hello ladies!

I did CTX Kickbox (cardio only) and Pilates Maximun (30mn).

I have a girlfriend who is an awesome quilter. She has won many awards for her designs and such. She recently got a job with the National Quilting Association. She gets to mostly stay home but has to go to some quilting shows to judge and see whats out there etc... She's only 30. She got into quilting she said when she was very young. Me? I have no such talents! :) Susan

Hi ladies. Well, I was finally back on the workout wagon and had a set back.

I sprained my ankle yesterday. AGAIN! This is a chronic thing for me that usually happens about twice a year. I stepped on a chunk of loose concrete on the instep and rolled out my left ankle. I just can't believe this happened NOW! Why not when I wasn't exercising and didn't really care?! Now that I finally got back into it, this happens. So unfair!

The good news is that after 6 days on low carb I'm down 8 pounds! Obviously I'm very happy about that. Hopefully I'll stay on track and not let the ankle upset me too much.

Just wanted to check in real quick---I've been working at the office so I haven't been able to check in!
Jill

Just skimmed through the last few threads.

Laurie-congrats on your new nephew. Aidan is an awesome name. :)

Sue-I did watch AR. I agree about the cheerleaders-OMG they were so irritating! The beauty queens were way better! LOL. I thought the single moms were a bit too cranky and complaining. Come on---you know what you signed up for. How can you be moaning already on the first leg!?

Jill - Congratulations on your weight loss! That's super.:)

As far as your ankle goes, has your doctor showed you or have you ever tried strengthening exercises for your ankle? I rolled my ankle last summer and the doc gave me a band and showed me some exercises to strengthen the muscles surrounding the ankle. In a seated position with your foot flat on the floor, flex the foot and raise the toes toward you. He showed me how to do this - with the band under my foot for added resistance - in a foot straight ahead position and also tilted to the inside and outside. I do it sometimes while I'm sitting at my desk at work (without the band of course). Also, look at your footwear and choose shoes that have good ankle support. I was wearing a pair of flats that had NO ankle support whatsoever when I rolled my foot.

Sue

Sue-no! Nobody has ever said anything. Hmm next time I go to the podiatrist for a cortisone shot for the Neuroma I'll ask him for sure. I bet he knows.

I was wearing slip on tennis shoes. Nothing that would cause it. I know those dont' have ankle support thought. It's so frustrating. I can't wear skirts or dresses because I can't wear heels anymore. :( I love my slip on NB shoes because we don't wear shoes in the house and they are so convenient. :( Guess I'll have to find something else. Drat! Thanks for the tips, though!

It wasn't until my doctor made a comment about "weak ankles" causing recurrent sprained ankles that I asked him how to prevent it from happening again and he showed me the exercises. Otherwise he might not have brought it up. I wouldn't have thought slip on tennis shoes would cause any problems though. . .

I was really lucky last time and iced mine like crazy and stayed off it as much as I could and it was better the next day! I'm sure my boss and co-workers thought I was a liar because I showed up the next day without so much as a limp! LOL Wierd, huh?

Have a good night! Off to get my hair cut.

Sue

Luckily I did the same and this sprain isn't nearly as bad as past ones have been. I was able to come right home and get the RICE going lol. (rest, ice, compression, elevation, for those lucky enough not to know!). I have no pain today while sitting and just minor while walking. However, it's very swollen so I won't be taking any chances soon. No TM for awhile. :( I'm hoping 2 weeks. That would be great since in the past it's taken 6-8 to heal.

Enjoy the pampering!

Jill, I guess since it hurts to walk, you will just have to sit. No work just relaxing. Right? I tried for a smilie face but I can't seem to get it to work. Have a great night and sorry to hear about your ankle but congrats on the weight loss.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.