BUFF BADGERS 9/19

susanz

Cathlete
Hello Ladies,

Hope your Mondays all went well for you. I did do IMAX 2 yesterday and it kicked my butt! I realized I need to do this on a more consistant schedule! Today is Pilates for an hour.

Well, it looks like Fall is finally here. My favorite time of year! I took down all the summer decorations this weekend and put up all the Autumn ones. I just love fall colors.

Stay strong and have a great day! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today will be Leaner Legs and a 3.5 Mile Run.

Susan, yep it sure does look like fall and feels like it too. :D First time I had to wear a jacket to work. I like the fact that sleeping is so comfortable. ;-)

I'm loving the look of the new DVD's. Cathe and her people have been doing a great job with this series. I actually took advantage of the free shipping (because I preordered) and ordered PS on DVD. This one is my favorite, but I'm finding it difficult to use the VHS version the way I would like. I will eventually replace all my VHS with the DVD versions.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - You won't regret getting PS on DVD. It's not as well-chaptered as the more current series but the ability to go right to PS-SLA floorwork for example is invaluable. Great workout planned for today!

Susan - I don't agree with people who say Imax2 is easier than Imax1. Intervals 5 and 9 especially kick my butt!

Today was Turbo Jam Cardio Party 1 plus the hi/lo from Mission Possible. I know die-hard Christi fans don't like this workout but the simpler choreography and great music is exactly what I need at 5:30 a.m. :7

Have a great day!

Sue

Good Afternoon,

It sounds like everyone is working out hard.

I could use some warmer for fall. I'm not quite ready for this.

Today I did Kelly Coffey Meyer's Shape of Things to Come and Leaner Legs. I got the leaner legs idea from power girl Laurie. Anyway, I really liked the Shape of Things to Come. It was fun.

Sue, do you like all the turbo jam workouts? I have the newer ones but don't use them that often.

Have a good day everyone.

Karen - I don't have all the Turbo Jams. From the original set I only have Cardio Party 1 so I don't have Ab Jam (which is supposed to be good), Learn 'n Burn, etc. I have all 4 of the Maximum Results series although I don't care for Fat Blaster since I find Chalene's cueing lacking during the turbos and this workout is all turbos. 3T is a good shoulder and bicep workout if you use dumbbells and go as heavy as the rep speed will allow (I use 8s) but not a very good overall workout. I use it when I feel like I need a little extra toning but don't want to do a full strength workout. Punch, Kick and Jam is my favorite from the Max Results series. Love the Capoiera (spelling?) at the end. I also have Cardio Party 2 Remix which I like.

For awhile I was doing TJ 1-2 times a week and burned out on them. They're still fun to do every once in a while and I'm always surprised how many calories I burn since it doesn't feel like I'm working that hard. They are definitely not as intense as Cathe but good to alternate as a lower intensity workout and the lower impact helps balance out my higher impact workouts as well.

Man, that was a long-winded response. HTH.

Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.