Buff Badgers 9/13

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Today will be CTX Shoulders/Biceps/Triceps and CTX Kicbox cardio only.

Karen, I didn't have to drive, the other guy I was with drove. On the way down we couldn't even see the road when we got to Kenosha. The rain was coming down so fast. Next time we go down for this show, we thought we would take the train. I'm thinking it would be alot easier. And yes, all the traveling I have been doing lately has been for work.

Sue, loved the Jari Love story. I'm still watching my pennies, but I have my B'Day money to spend. :D

Jill, glad to see you are still slugging away at the house project.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning to all,

Jill, nice to meet you. Thanks for the introduction to yourself. It's nice to know a little about the people you chat with. What a big project you have undertaken. I'll bet in the end it is all worth it.

Today is 4 mile run and stretch. Maybe, I'll add something else. I'll see how I feel.

Have a great day.

Hello everyone!

Karen - The verdict is still out on Jari Love. Hard to judge a workout until you do the whole thing. ;-) I'm amazed my pecs aren't sore from all those pushups and chest presses yesterday. :p Demonstrated the spider move for my family last night because I think it's neat.

BTW, can't remember if I introduced myself so I'll just repeat. I'm 42, married with 2 kids ages 9 and 11, work full-time in IT, live in Waukesha but originally from Sun Prairie, workout early a.m. (usually), have 2 cats, and can't do a levitation hold to save my life!

Laurie - Have fun with CTX Kickbox! I love the knee smash, side kick, cross combo toward the end.

Jill - Good to hear from you. My DH would be jealous at how much remodel work you're getting done. Progress on our downstairs remodel has been very slooooooow.

My week of feeling like I just should have stayed in bed continues. This morning I got up to workout, dressed and got all ready and then couldn't bring myself to head downstairs to workout. I crawled back in bed - workout clothes on and everything - and slept another hour! Then I tried twice to get the right color socks and still ended up with navy blue with my black pants. x(

Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. :)

Sue

Karen, Guess I never introduced myself either. I'm 43, married with 2 children (both girls 13 & 9), work full-time in the Facilities Dept (Maintenance of Building), live in Waukesha but am originally from Mellen, work out after work (because I'm to lazy to get up in the morning), hobby is playing acting Lady Derby at the Bristol Ren Faire. :D Have more hobbies than that, but it's the one I like the best. Have been working out for over 13 years, but only with Cathe for 9 years.

Laurie

Thanks all for the introductions.

I am 42 and have 6 children-3 boys 12,10,8--3 girls 15,14,3. I stay at home full time. I tried a part time job and it just didn't work with the family. I have only been working out with Cathe for 4 years or so.

Sue, how did the flag football game go last week? Oh, don't worry navy blue and black match if the light isn't so good. I am glad you are resting if you don't feel up to par. There is always tomorrow.

Laurie, How neat to have something like acting you really enjoy. I have a hard time getting up in front of people so I wouldn't do very well at that. I don't get up early to workout either. Just can't seem to get motivated until 8am or 9am.

I ran 3 miles today on road and tried 1 mile on trails. I ended up with shin splints. Not sure why. I did Cathe's stretch dvd before I left. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of the and still run to get ready for my 5K trail run. I just can't seem to get my time under 26. Every day it feels like I try harder but my time always stays the same. I am guessing it will take me even more time on the trails. I guess if I can't get down enough I may as well not race because I looked at other results and I would be out of it totally. Maybe I just need another year to practice running since I did just start. Boy, I am long winded today.

Hello Ladies!

I guess I'll introduce myself before I go on! I am 38 years old,amrried 15 years and have 2 children. A boy who's 6 and a daughter who's 9. I work part time 4 days a week. I started to work out to Cathe back in 1998 I think.I usually walk our yellow labrador in the am and do Cathe in the afternoon.

I have been so busy this week. My good friend's mother died over the weekend from a long battle with cancer. I have been trying to help them out as as much as possible along with other day-to-day stuff. My workouts have been sporadic. I hope to do Boot Camp tonight.

My son had his first Flag Football game on Saturday and scored 2 touchdowns! He was so cute and so proud. He doesn't really understand the dynamics of the game yet. He was pretty surprised he scored!

Talk soon. Stay strong- Susan

Susan, Sorry to hear about your friends mom. My mom has cancer, hopefully it will not end the same way. I made a mistake earlier, you are the one with the son who plays flag football. My sons team won on Saturday. He didn't even get the ball. Lots of people. Take care.

Karen - You weren't that far wrong. I DO have a son and he USED to play flag football. :7 Too many Sues to keep track of I guess. I'm Sue though (actually Suzanne), not Susan.

6 kids!!! Yikes, you are one busy mama! You take away the old "I don't have time to exercise" excuse from everyone else. :)

Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.