BUFF BADGERS 8/18 - 8/22

susanz

Cathlete
Hello fellow Badgers!

I hope you all had nice weekends. Ours was very good! DH had a nice time with his friends while camping and was able to relax. The kids behaved and had fun and I too was able to relax and enjoy myself. Probably enjoyed myself a little too much and now am back on the "clean eating" wagon.

I did take Ruby for a walk every day which she and I both enjoyed. Now today I have piles of laundry to do!:mad: Hate that chore! I walked Ruby for 40mn this morning. I also jumped on the elliptical for 50mn (Extreme Heart Rate program) followed by a 20mn ab workout.

Karen, how did the DD16 party go for you?

Laurie, how was the Faire this time? Was there any rain by you guys?

Sue, hope you were able to relax after a trying week at work!

Lala, what did you do for fun?

Talk later- Susan

Susan - I'm glad you and Ruby are enjoying your daily walks again since the incident with the other dog. I have piles of laundry at my house, too. I asked DD to help me out and do some folding. We'll see tonight if she did any. . .

Karen - Hope DD's Sweet Sixteen party was fun. :)

Laurie - Do you have 2 weeks left of the Faire or more? What will you do with all your free time? ;)

On Friday night I did all of LowMax (forgot that I did Legs & Glutes the day before!) I was sore Saturday morning and would have normally done upper body but we hadn't been to Dojo since Joe started football so felt we should attend the makeup class Saturday morning. And of course the class was ALL KICKS! Ooh, my lower body is still sore this morning.

Started my 1 rep max testing yesterday with Mesocycle Disc 1 (chest, shoulders, biceps). Didn't do all the pushups but still got a good workout in. Visited my mom in Sun Prairie yesterday and had some sweet corn at the ol' Corn Fest - yummy! Tired this morning so didn't feel up to jogging. Walked 3 miles and stretched out those sore hammies.

Another busy week so I really have to work hard to fit my workouts in!

Have a great Monday! :D

HI Sue, sounds like your legs could use a nice stretching session! ;) Hope your DOMS aren't too bad!

We signed our DS8 up for Tae Kwon Do though the Oskosh Rec Dept. It's Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6-7p starting in September. I had read somewhere that kids with ADHD benefit from martial arts. That it teaches them focus and discipline. Anyway, if he likes it we will sign him up at the academy. I figured for 15 dollars he can at least check it out and see if he likes it! My DH wishes they offered the adult class at the same time, but they don't! :(

Take care- Susan

Susan - I hope your DS likes his TKD lessons. A lot depends on the instructor and what kind of curiculum they follow. DS/DD took lessons at the YMCA and all they did over and over was kicks, blocks and punches - all into the air (no bags or other things to hit). Then they took lessons after school and in addition to learning their kicks and punches, learned Forms and got to spar once a semester as a treat. At our current Dojo, we do everything from the basics (kicks, punches, etc.) to working with padded weapons, Hapkido (self defense), nunchucks, bow staff - you name it! Yes, TKD is excellent for kids with ADHD. Both my kids have ADD but you wouldn't know it the way their brains soak up all the information! Show them something once and they have it downpat. I'm left there standing going "Huh?" LOL

Hi BB's,

DD party went well. I am glad it is over. Everyone showed up. DS missed his tryout for soccer this morning becasue noone called him. I hope he can still get on the H.S. team. Have to sign DD5 up for basketball and DS10 up for flag football. Still hoping for the job in the school district I applied for. It is helping the special ed. teachers in different classrooms around this area.

Today I did 4DS upper body premix. I really love that premix. I probably use it more than any other. Sun. got out for a 17 mile bike ride and that was all.

Susan, glad you enjoyed your camping and got a chance to relax. How neat DS gets to try out the martial arts. I hope he enjoys it.

Sue, love you avatar. You take nice pictures. Glad you got some good kicking workouts in. I bet next time you will remember you did L&G if you plan on Low max for the next day. Glad you got to get back to Dojo.

lala, hope you had a fun weekend.

Laurie, hope you are enjoying your last weekends at the faire. It seems this year has gone better than last. Do you think you guys will do it again next year? With all the commitments it's got to be getting harder.

Have a great day.

Hi All! This weekend seems so long ago, already! Sat we took Tank to a doggie event. got some info on therapy dogs while there. I think he should be able to pass all the requirements, but really have to work on "come" :confused:

DD16 had a golf tournament on Sat and Sun, although she was sick yesterday and today. Seems like a really bad cold, but she also says she feels weak. Is there anything going around?

Karen, glad that your party went well, and what a relief when it's over! I'm sure DD really enjoyed it!

Sue, now I know what you look like!! I once did LowMax and followed with a leg workout yipes:eek:

Susan, you are getting a good workout with Ruby AND your elliptical. Walking dogs is nice, though, well, until winter comes.

Laurie, sounds like your faire is wrapping up. Enjoy the end of summer!

Lala, I have heard of some children getting sick. One had strep throat and a few others had a 24 hour bug. I say it's too early for that stuff to be going around! Hope your DD feels better soon!

Karen, glad you had a nice party! I will keep my fingers crossed that you can get the job you want with the school district!

See you all tomorrow! Susan

Good Morning:)

Hope everyone is doing well. Can't decide what to do today. Can't go for a ride tonight because DS14 has practice. Don't really feel like spinning.

lala, hope DD is feeling better today. Hope Tank meets all the requirements.

Hi all, have a nice day. Have to go pick up DS from practice and get DD16 to work.:):):)

Howdy!

I'm back! :p

Well I took Ruby for a 40mn walk this morning. Later today will be PUB.

My friend and I are taking our children to the Green Bay Zoo today. It's a nice, smaller zoo that the kids just love! Their lions recently had babies that you can see in the nursery. Unfortunately the cubs Mama died after birth so they are orphaned and being bottle fed. Another lioness gave birth but her baby died shortly after that so they are trying to mate her again. They also have giraffes that you can hand feed and they are so pretty and sweet. We are all looking forward to it! I love taking pictures of the animals! My DD has animal pics ALL over her one wall and in her locker.

Hope you all have a great day and enjoy your workouts! Give it your all!

Susan :D

Morning BB's,

Sorry I wasn't able to chat yesterday, but it is turning out to be that way for me today. We have a new financial system, and a report that I need is not working properly. So this means I'm on the phone with India until this gets straightened out. :mad:

Hope everyone is doing well, and I should be able to chat some tomorrow.

Laurie

Karen - Thanks for the nice compliment. What you don't know is that I had DD take a bunch of pictures before selecting this one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you get the job with the school.

Lala - DH had a cold last week so maybe something is going around. I agree with Susan - too early for that kind of stuff. We don't have a dog but we have 2 cats and one is trained (or should I say she has US trained) that when we call her name she runs immediately to our bedroom, jumps on the bed and waits to get her back scratched. She loves getting her back and tummy scratched.

Laurie - Ugh! Don't you just hate working with support in India? I have a REALLY hard time with accents and almost all our outside consultants are from India or Germany. I have to really concentrate when they speak and even so, sometimes I have no idea what they just said and just simply nod my head in agreement (if it's something not important anyway).

Susan - Have fun at the zoo! So are they going to try and match up the lioness who lost her cub with the orphans?

Did some more 1 rep max testing this morning for back and triceps exercises. It took almost an hour and I didn't even through all the exercises on disc 2! I was doing all the exercises though - not just the weighted ones. I hope it goes quicker when I actually do it or I'll have time issues with STS. Got a good workout in though. Had to guess on some of the exercises so we'll see if I guessed right. Got a little cardio in last night - 28 min. of Turbo Jam Mix 2. That felt good.

Good morning. Just about to take Tank for a walk. Later will probably do an itread joggin/walking and then working on school stuff.

Sue, can´t wait til I can get into the 1RM. But I may wait til I get the discs, it seems SNM mentioned that there is a tutorial on the disks.

Karen, good luck with the job. Working in a school district is so nice due to the "vacation" time. I love my summers "off"!

Susan, The zoo sounds like a nice one. I always enjoyed taking kids to the zoo!

Laurie, hope things work out with India;). and that you can get some workouts in the relieve the stress!

My family tells me that I am more stressed and impatient now that I´m not exercising like before:(

Good Morning,

Yesterday I ended up doing a 6 mile treadmill run to CC7. Today I will do some 1rep max testing and go for a 2 hour bike ride with DH.

Anyone know if you have to put in your one rep max for every exercise for it to calculate say 60 percent of rep max for the 1st cycle?

Laurie, hope things are straightened out at work and you can get back to chatting.

Susan, did you guys enjoy the zoo? It was a nice day for it.

lala, how is your daughter feeling?

Sue, keep the blogs coming. I guess I still have to go figure out how it all works pretty soon.

Are we all doing STS together when it comes out?

DS finds out what team if any he makes in HS soccer today. Potluck for them on Fri and they already play games on Sat. DD works again today. DS14 applied at Culvers yesterday. He is seeing the money DD16 brings in and wants a piece of the action.

Enjoy your day and as Susan would say "give it your all":):):)

Good Day!

The Zoo was very nice. The new lion cubs are SO adorable! As far as I know they are not going to have the lioness be their "Mom". She is in an exhibit with the male to hopefully get her pregnant again. The reason her first one died was because she was "over zealous" with her care and she kept cleaning him. The umbilical cord area could not heal with all her cleaning and the baby got an infection. :(

Last night I did PUB and my DH kept yelling downstairs"What's with all the gruntin' and goanin'?" I was really pushing myself and feeling good! He tells me I shouldn't have to make noise... What the heck does he know?

Today I walked for 40mn with Ruby and will be heading down to do IMAX2 and pilates abs.

We have the floor going in our new bathroom tomorrow morning! I need to scrape some paint off the ground first today. We also have company for dinner so I need to CLEAN! :mad: My DS8 loves to leave all of his toys, all around the house! There is not one room you can go in where there is not a toy!

Lala, hope you DD is feeling better!

Laurie, hope work goes better today!

Sue, I bet all those pictures were nice ones!

Karen,I'll keep my fingers crossed that your DS makes the team!

Stay strong ladies! Susan:D

Morning BB's,

Well I have given up until tomorrow on my report. I'm failing at trying to understand them and I think them understanding me as to what I need. :mad: I wouldn't think that this could be so hard.

Anyway I managed to get in a 1m run with Cami, and 4DS Shoulders/Calves and Abs. Got up a little late this morning. It is that time of the year for me with waking up with a stuffed up nose and headache. :( Just makes me not want to get out of bed. ;)

DD15 started Xcountry practice on Monday, and she was really sore yesterday. I of course did one of those I told you so's. She had her 2m time trial yesterday, and her time was in the 15 min range. I thought that was pretty good, concidering she was in the 20's when she started last year. She was a bit disappointed in herself. I didn't say a word, because this is what makes her determined to do better. She will of course make varsity with that time.

Susan, Had to LOL about the toys being in every room of the house. My DD11 does the same thing. :) I have gotten to the point of putting everything in a pile, and she has to come and get it. Sounds like a fun time at the zoo.

Karen, You have started the 1rm, I wonder how long that is going to take everyone to get finished. I think I'm not going to start that until after faire is over with. Only this weekend and next weekend left. :D Yippee! Ya we will still be doing the faire thing, because we are just crazy people. :rolleyes: Hope your DS gets on the soccer team. You will be doing a lot of running around with sports and kids working won't you?

Lala, I have found that my DD15 is much better to be around when she is doing her sports. It is like having a different person in our house. Maybe it is because she is to exhausted to fight back. :D:D So there probably is something to the exercise and mood thing. :D LOL about the working on "come" with Tank. On Sunday Cami took off after a cat. She treed the thing, and then took off after a squirrel. :mad: Of course this was just before we had to leave to go to faire. Just glad DH was able to get her before we had to leave. ;) So we have to work on that word too.

Susan, I hear ya on the understanding part. All I need is a certain field in my report. I must not be communicating the proper information to them. I'm just going to try e-mailing them today to see if that makes a difference in our understand each other. ;)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie – Sometimes email is the best communication tool when there’s a language barrier. Hopefully, he or she will understand what you need on your report. Sounds to me like DD15 is off to a great start for her cross-country season.

Susan – LOL at DH yelling about your grunting and groaning during PUB! Doesn’t he know it’s REQUIRED? Ha ha Sounds like a fun time at the zoo. Would love to see the baby lions – so cute I’ll bet.

Karen – I haven’t totally figured out the blogs either. For example, I don’t know how to categorize my blogs so mine are all uncategorized (not that it really matters). I’d also like to know how to see blogs by a particular person. I’m going to try to do STS when it comes out so if everyone else is doing it then, I’ll do it with you guys. Not sure if I’ll have the patience to test all the exercises before I start so I may just dive in!

Lala – Everyone (including me) has lots of questions about the 1RM calculations so I hope the tutorial answers them.

Rest day for me today although I did do some abs from PS-BBA.

Have a good night everyone!

Good Morning,

Yesterday DH ended up working late so no ride. I guess it was a rest day. Today my plan is 4DS Legs and some type of cardio to make up for yesterday.

DS12 got the flu or something yesterday. He threw up 5 times and never made it to the bathroom once. That tells you what I did a lot of yesterday.

DS14 is on JV. After the teams for JV and V were set one kids dad got his boy switched from JV to V. I wish coaches wouldn't let that happen. Oh well. DS loves the game. I don't really like his coach. I have had a few run ins with him as he is the head of the city soccer league.

Laurie, sounds like DD is doing well. It's amazing after not doing running all summer she is still faster than her start last year. Those young-ins.

Sue, I am not going to test each 1R exercise either. I really do have a pretty good idea and until I know what the exercises actually are I can't get the right 1rep anyway.

Hi lala and Susan

Enjoy:)

Karen, I hope your DS feels better soon! How awful! :( Sorry DS14 didn't make varsity. You are right that parents should not be allowed to move their kids up simply cause they know the coach or whatever. We live in a small town too and it really is all in who you know as to where the kids play. No matter how good/bad they play!

This morning was a 35mn walk then I jumped on the elliptical for a 30mn HIIT workout. In just a bit I am going down to do PLB.

Flooring guy called last night and said he ran into problems with a job he was doing yesterday so he can't come do my floor until Friday morning. He better be here tomorrow! SO today I will run errands. I am not going to mow the lawn until the rain comes through...

Have a good day ladies! Susan

Morning BB's,

No workout for me yet today, I came in early because DD15 has a dentist appointment again! Hopfully I can get in a kickboxing workout later tonight.

Karen, Oh why do parents get involved in their childrens lives like that. When we started our DD in HS they gave us a survey that showed the majority of kids don't want their parents to be involved with things like that. Most often those kids are then picked on by other kids, because it looks like special treatment. Wouldn't it be better for the kid to be on JV and get more time on the field? Ok I'm now off my soap box! :D

Susan, Hope that flooring guy shows up tomorrow too. Kind of a let down when he called I bet. Here you where expecting to have the floor done, and now you have to wait!

Sue, We will see how the e-mail goes. I'm hoping it is an easy fix. You all are one step ahead of me on the web stuff. I just don't have the time right now to play with all the features. As things are now, my weekends after faire are starting to fill up with bridal parties, Xcountry meets, dance class and weddings. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Pictures

Hi ladies!

Just letting you know I added some pictures on my page. I added just a few of my favorite animals from the zoo too. The picture I tried to take of the lion cubs did not turn out.:( There was a glare on the glass. I hope when I go back in the fall they are in an outside exhibit!

Bye for now- Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.