BUFF BADGERS 8/11 - 8/15

susanz

Cathlete
Hello ladies! :) I hope you were able to enjoy the great weather we had this weekend! My weekend was overall pretty quiet. I went for a nice 1 hour walk Saturday morning, then I did Cardio & Weights. In the afternoon I had errands to run. Sunday was church and then I did MIC. The afternoon was spent organzing the mounds of school supplies I have plus labeling everything ect. My DD11 has a "Ready, Set, Relax" class at the Middle School this week. It's to help them prepare for M.S. She has to bring ALL of her school supplies to the class tomorrow morning so they can put them were they need to go.

Today's workout is Bootcamp! Woke up late so I'll ned to walk Ruby after lunch!

Have a great Monday!

Susan

Good Morning,

Susan, sounds like you had a nice, relaxing weekend. Nice workouts. You have a jumpstart on the school supplies. It's neat how they help kids transistion into Middle School. Is DD excited?

Sue, glad you enjoyed the fair. The macaroni and cheese deep fried sounds horrible. I wonder if you DH would have liked it? You did have a great day for it.

Laurie, hope the faire went well this weekend. It was cooler than it has been. It seems things are going better all around for you guys at the faire this year. Is DD15 going out for cross country this fall?

Today I am doing Muscle Max. I did a 55 mile bike ride Sat and a 35 mile bike ride on Sun.

I am trying to clean house and get ready for my DD15 sweet 16 birthday party this weekend. Lots to do. I think there are 50 or so people coming. I hope it is a nice day.

Have to get going. Enjoy this nice fall like day.:)

Wow! 50 people for her party! I don't envy you! That would cause me to have a major anxiety attack! LOL! I do hope DD15 (almost 16!) enjoys herself! Hope the weather holds out for you as well!

Yes, DD is very excited about M.S but she claims to "know everything" already so why go to this "silly class". I am hoping when she comes home this morning her attitude will have changed a bit! :p

Sue, deep fried mac./cheese sounds awful! :confused: I have seen it on one of those cooking shows though. It was a show where this one restaraunt deep fired everything! Yuck! How is your DH doing?

Laurie, how was the Faire this weekend? Yes, at least he weather is cooperating for you!

Lala, how was your weekend?

Take care- Susan

Morning BB's,

Todays workout will be a 2m run with Cami, and 4DS Chest & Back.

Really really hard getting up this morning. DH was so nice and took Cami for her morning walk. Love that he did that for me this morning, even though he was probably just as tired as me. :)

We had some of the best weather ever this weekend. Had a little sprinkle of rain late on Saturday, but Sunday was the bomb! :D I was actually cold in the morning.

Susan, Oh I love that age when they know everything. ;) My DD11 has that same attitude. I see you got that MIC workout taken care of. :D

Karen, Are most of those 50 people your family. I know with our family it would be more than half. ;) Yep DD15 is going out for Xcountry again this year. Her coach would hunt her down if she didn't. :D Great job on the bike rides this weekend. I just added up the total and you almost had 100 miles in just two days.

Sue, I had heard people talking about the fried mac & cheese, and they where saying it was to good. We just couldn't bring ourselves to try that. :)

Lala, Hope your weekend was a good one.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Susan - I'm glad your knee felt good enough to do MIC. When does DD11 start middle school? My kids start Sept. 2. Your middle school must be 6-8. Ours is 7-8. It's a good idea helping the kids get adjusted to a new school. I remember how overwhelming it was for my DD last year (riding the bus, having 2 combination locks, having 3 floors of a building for classes, SO MANY new kids). We finally got the school shopping done, too although we haven't labeled yet so you're 1 step ahead of me. ;) Was it the Alton Brown cooking show where you saw the DFM&C? (abbreviating now) DH is a fan of the show and mentioned what a coincidence it is that he made it on tv recently.

Karen - DH said his stomach was upset last night after the Fair so it's a good thing he didn't have the DFM&C. I don't care for deep fried foods myself. The first 1 or 2 bites may be good but after that I start to feel sick. Ooh, boy - 50 is a lot of people for a party! I hope you're getting lots of help from the kids getting ready for it.

Laurie - A "little sprinkle" on Saturday? We had a gully washer by us! It only lasted about 15 minutes but it came down pretty hard. I was just leaving to pickup DH and DS from baseball tryouts when it started raining cats and dogs. Good thing he found shelter in someone else's vehicle until we showed up. What a sweet guy you married that he let you sleep while he walked Cami. Sometimes they surprise you, don't they? ;)

Hi, Lala!

Saturday I did All Step cardio in the morning and Leaner Legs at night. Yesterday was CTX Back, Chest and Shoulders and TONS of walking around State Fair. Felt so good to sit down and put my feet up when we got home. This morning was CTX Bis and Tris plus crunches. Hope to do something tonight - a walk or light cardio.

Took DH to the Ortho Surgeon for post-op this morning. He says it still hurts but every day gets a little better. They removed his splint and now I can see his lovely 3" scar. Staples don't come out until next week but he's allowed to shower and get it wet so that's good news. No pushups or weight lifting for 6 weeks but he should be able to drive a car soon which will really help. With all the doctor appts. football practices and school registrations, it'll make things much easier. :)

Hi Sue, yes my knee felt pretty good while I was doing MIC but I had to take some Advil a little later! DD starts school Sept. 2nd! Oh, I do believe it was the Alton Brown show as well! Too many fried foods makes my tummy so upset!

Sounds like you has some good workouts in this weekend! Plus all that walking at the fair!

Laurie, that's sweet that DH walked Cami. My DH would never think to walk Ruby! She is so used to walking with me, I don't think she'd listen to him! LOL!

Bye! Susan

Susan - That's too funny that you watch Alton Brown! I never even heard of him until DH started telling me last Christmas how to bake cookies because he watched one of his shows on cookie making. Can you imagine the nerve! I appreciate DH's enthusiasm but I do have 30+ years experience baking cookies and he has approximately 0! :p

Karen - Are you still blogging? I didn't read anyone's blogs this morning.

Laurie - Are you rested up from the weekend? It must feel like an endless cycle sometimes.

A little chilly this morning but I went outside and did 4 1/2 miles walking and jogging. Last night the only cardio I got in was a quick 1 mile walk around the block. Better than nothing! Better go stretch now. Legs and hips feel tight.

Talk later!

Good Morning!

Well, I tell ya I have not wanted to wake up the past 2 days! I have overslept both times! Ooops! Poor Ruby has to wait for her walks until after lunch. :(

Todays workout is Power Max followed by abs for 15mn. And of course getting Ruby's walk in! I have to wipe the dust off of Power Max cuz it's been soooo long since I have done this one! Hope I remember what I am doing! ;)

DD11 enjoyed her Middle School class yesterday. This morning she had to take in all her supplies. She seems excited. We have Vacation Bible School this week and she has been asked to sing a solo at our closing ceremonies " What a Friend We have in Jesus". I think she's a little nervous.... I'm nervous for her!

Hope you all have a great day! Susan:D

Morning BB's,

I didn't get in that workout yesterday after work. Just didn't feel like it at all. So this morning Cami and I ran for 2m and I did Chest & Back. It was a chilly one again. Can't believe that I'm wearing sweat pants already. :(

Have to go to the library tonight, and that is about all for my evening.

Susan, The oversleeping must be due to the cool evenings, so you are getting your required sleep. ;) At least that is my story. Hope your DD does well, that is one of my favorite songs that we sang in Sunday School. So Cathe is making you do some oldies in this rotation. :D Is PM the one with the leotard with the logo on the front MODA? I can never remember.

Sue, I love watching Alton Brown. He has given me some great tips on improving my pie crust. Wonderful news on your DH getting more and more independant. When will he be going back to work? Or has he already started?

Karen, I enjoyed reading your blog.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning gals,

Today I am going on our normal Tue. night group ride. After that we are cooking out at one of the guys houses. It's weird being the only girl. I don't know if I'll try to get out of it or if that will make DH angry.

We had to 2nd mortgage our house which made our monthly payment go up 3/4 of what DH makes a month. He tood his money out of his retirement plan he had from a company he worked for years ago when he actually worked for a good place. Needless to say we don't have any money to buy the things for the party. We can't use credit cards because that's what caused our problem in the first place. I hate to ask my mom and dad but they are the only ones that would help us. DH and I seem to argue over silly stuff when the money thing takes over, which seem sto be all the time. We may have to sell our house and hope to get what it is appraised at and move.

Enough rambling.

Laurie, it has been cool. I am sure we will get a hot streak again. The party will be mostly family and some friends of hers from church. Funny about the coach hunting your DD15 down if she didn't go out for track.

Susan, I am sure you DD will do fine on the solo. Now me--another story. You couldn't pay me to get up and do a solo. I think it's neat that some people can do it. Are you done with your freestyling? Did you see any results?

Sue, never heard Alton Brown. You are getting good miles in on your run/walks. Funny your DH giving you tips on types of cookies. I did blog yesterday. I see you did too.

Have a great day.:)

Karen - I'm sorry to hear about your financial troubles. And here I am rambling about going to France. :eek: Things will work out - I know they will. Does your church offer support for the community? I know you're probably too proud to ask but you should. We just did a reverse collection in our church to help people with back-to-school supplies. Those sure add up in a hurry. Every little bit would help. Sorry I don't have any great financial advice. Hang in there.

Sue, thanks for posting. OUr church only has 30 members in it. They barely make their budget. We did get help through the Methodist Church here with school supplies. I am still looking for a job I can do while the kids are in school. DH wants me home when they get home and off on weekends. It's hard finding something like that. It will all work out. I am just unusually frustrated right now.:D I am happy you are going to France and you should ramble all you want. I didn't even think of it that way. I am happy for you and anyone who is doing well. It was our own fault bad decisions.

Karen, I know so many people going through the same as you are. My girlfriend e-mails me about 2 times a week with the stresses they are under. It's tough and the cost of everything does not make life any easier. It seems that as soon as the money comes in, it's gone!

My DH is taking a hunting trip to Wyoming in October. Then he goes on "craigslist" and sees all this stuff he wants to by. He tends to talk out both sides of his mouth. One side says,"We have to save,save,save", then the other side tells me" I want to buy a boat, and a new bow and an ATV". He drives me nuts! I'm just trying to get by! He's been pushing me to find a full-time job and I really prefer to work part-time until my kids are a little older. Yeah, I know where you're coming from and I hope you can find some help.

You can vent to us anytime you need!:D

Susan

Hi gals,

Just wanted to let you know they are taking back our loaner computer so I won't have access anymore. Our other one is still broken and we have to find somewhere to take it to try to figure out wha't wrong.

Hope you all continue to have good workouts. Hope to get back to you guys soon. Take care.

Karen, you will me missed!!:(

Today on Cathe's rotation is the first BodyMax. This is the other workout I always dread, much like MIC. However,when I finish I feel very proud of myself! Woke up extra early today and took Ruby for a nice long walk. She was still tired though so she had to keep up with me for a change!

Busy day ahead so I better get going!

Have a great day ladies and I'll check in later! Susan:D

Morning BB's,

I came into work early today, so no workout for me yet. DH wants to go to a movie tonight also. Maybe the 5m Speedwork will have to wait until tomorrow. ;)

Took Cami out for her morning walk, and we where startled when a hawk called out. It was sitting on top of the stop sign. It then flew in to a tree in our yard, and continued to talk from there. Now I know why I haven't been seeing all those squirrels and rabbits lately.

Karen, Sorry to hear that you will be off the system for a while. Hope you can get your computer fixed. I'm also sorry to hear about your financial position. My sis and her DB got themselves out of their difficulties. Took them almost 10 years, but now they are doing so much better. We will miss you.

Susan, WTG on those workouts. Which rotation are you doing? LOL about Ruby having to keep up with you. Sometimes Cami looks at me when I come down the stairs. It's like what are you doing up already! Such a lazy dog I have. :)

Sue, Hope your day is going well.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Karen - You will DEFINITELY be missed! :( Hope you get your computer figured out and are back posting in no time.

Susan - Can't even remember the last time I did Bodymax. :confused: Have fun! What did you do to poor Ruby that she's so tired? :p

Laurie - What movie are you seeing? Funny comment about all the squirrels and rabbits missing. I've never seen a hawk so close except at Ren Faire where they have that show.

Tons of problems at work yesterday and today so was in early and no workout this morning. An electrician who is replacing our UPS in the Data Center plugged in a vacuum cleaner that overloaded our UPS and crashed all our servers. Still recovering from database damage today. I'm not a happy camper. :mad:

So much catching up to do! This past weekend we went to MN for a family gathering, and DD20´s bday, then to Eau Claire on Sunday to go to church with DS. Mon was a long walk, Tues another long walk and then walked 9 holes with DD16.

Oh, my long walk was a jog/walk and now I can hardly go down the stairs:eek:. It´s beena long time since I´ve run ;).

Getting ready for school (we call it the "s" word here :))

Susan, glad to hear that DD´s MS class went well. That can be a hard adjustment!

Karen, I´m in awe of your biking! Hope the party for DD16 goes well. My DD20 had a "quinceañera" and it was a BIG undertaking. Good thing she did most of the work. She is a great planner, unlike her mom :D

Laurie, you really keep busy! What kind of dog is Cami?

Karen, you probably won´t get to read this, but hope you´re back soon. My DH and i are taking a class by Dave Ramsey about financial freedom. It has something for everyone.

Enjoy your evening everyone. Are you watching the Olympics?

Lala, my DH and I recently read Dave Ramsey's book. My DH listens to his radio show everyday I think. He seems like a smart man. How are you taking his class?

I was wondering where you were this week! Glad to see you got to spend time with your children. Happy Birthday to your DD!

See you tomorrow! Susan

Susan, there is a couple in our church who decided to offer his class. It´s a 13 week course. 1 hr of a DVD of a DR presentation and 1 hr. small group time, basically just reiterating what we saw and heard and clearing up any misunderstandings. It is helping us budget better and spend less!

Off to catch up on my Olympics! We are tivo-ing our favorite sports.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.