BUFF BADGERS 7/12-7/16

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

I was super tired this morning, so really didn't feel like getting up to workout. I'm planning on stopping this undulating rotation, just feel that I don't have enough time for an hour long weight workout right now. I love STS, but feel like I'm needing shorter workouts for the summer. With the hour long weight workouts, I'm feeling like the after work workouts will be nixed because I'm tired. So after work I want to get in GS Chest & Triceps premix and PY4H Daily Dose of Bliss. No cardio on a Monday for me (at least for the next 8 weeks). :D

Sue, Great news on the kitty!

Have a wonderful day,

Last edited:
Hi there! Weekend was okay. Busy.... did Yoga Meltdown on Saturday and Sunday I did a lot of housework so it was an "active" rest day! Today when DH's alarm went off, I forgot it was Monday. Was asking him why he had to get up so early. Monday came too early for me.:p

Laurie, I can totally understand about the longer workouts. 1 hour is considered a long workout for me lately. I really like 45mn ones! ;) Today is Shred 2 and 1 and, if I have time. I may jump on the elliptical later.

My week looks a little quiet. I am heading down to Beloit this weekend to spend it with my girlfriends. Excited about that! :eek:

Have a great day- Susan

Laurie - You get so much activity with the Faire during the summer, I can see how you need something shorter. I like the GS premixes. In fact, I like premixes in general. Never understood the attitude that workouts had to be an hour or people would complain. Just add-on. There are certainly enough short 10-20 min. workouts out there on dvd or Exercise TV.

Susan - LOL about asking your husband why he was getting up so early. A quiet week probably sounds good to you I'm guessing. ;) Are you doing anything special for your girls weekend in Beloit?

On Friday I did 2 1/2 miles jog/walk outside. Went out for lunch and DH took me out for dinner. Can you say "spoiled"? :p ;) He cleaned out a closet in the bedroom we use as an office so I'd have more room for clothes. I have such a tiny, tiny closet you guys would laugh! No walk-in closets in our late 70s house I'm afraid. I have to store off-season stuff in this other closet and switch out. DH removed some of his old clothes he no longer wears and has promised to move more books and things out, too which will give me shelf space.

Saturday was a rest day. Funny. I typed "reset day" at first and went back to correct. I guess in a way it is like a "reset". Kind of like booting your pc. :D

On Sunday I did all 5 Leslie Fat Burning Miles. This morning was Supersets Upper premix 34 min. Softball game tonight so that will probably be it for today.

Good Morning! What a gorgeous day out there. Ruby and I had a very nice 50mn walk this morning. I will be doing NMTZ today too. My arms are looking very nice after doing this rotation! My abs are tighter too. Haven't really lost any weight though. Didn't do the elliptical yesterday, opted to play basketball and bike with DS instead!

Sue, that's funny about the "reset", but also too true! I think we all need to push "reset" once a week! When I go to Beloit, I am going to a party for my BF's Mom. She is like my 2nd mother and is celebrating her 70th Birthday and 50 years in nursing. She's having a big party at a local pub/grill. After that we ladies are going to go out and have some fun of our own! :p

Morning BB's,

Last night I did get GS Chest & Triceps premix #1 and PY4H The Quickie done, and it really did feel great. My chest and triceps where shaking at the end, used some good weights. This morning was GS Legs premix #1 and Hiit 30/30. Legs are feeling the love also. :D

Susan, LOL about the alarm! I didn't want it to be Monday either. My body will eventually get used to the tough weekend, that first Monday is always a killer. Sounds like you will be having a great time with all the girls. Great that you are seeing results from your rotation, I just love Jillian. The two things I noticed when doing her rotation was the arms and waist also.

Sue, I totally agree with you on the length of weight workouts. The premixes on GS are just right, and I used weight that was heavy enough that the last reps where getting difficult to lift. I think that is the key when doing shorter workouts like that. One thing I wish that the GS premixes had was having the upper body with supersets. Chest & Triceps has supersets, but BSB has push-pull! :confused: That was very good of you DH to make room for your clothes. We have a nice walk in closet, so do not have to go through all of those issues. I do need to clean out the closet though, because there are quite a few out of style items in there right now. ;)

Have a wonderful day!

Hi. Got back last night from a long weekend in Florida for my niece's wedding. It was great fun. Did some biking on the beach and one morning I did get up early to do CC4 on the elliptical. Today I did GS BSB and went swimming. Probably doing some mowing later.

Sounds like you all have had busy weeks/weekends. Sue, big closets are really nice. We will be moving DH's computer upstairs into one of the rooms to make his office and I hope to add a sitting area where his computer is now.

Laurie, I hear ya on the GS C&T. After I do that it is hard to lift my arms to wash my hair ;) How is the faire this year?

Susan, you've had a lot of variety in your workouts...I think that's what keeps us motivated. I'm sure you're weekend will be fun!

Susan - I remember feeling the same way about my arms and abs after doing the Jillian rotation. The only thing is I thought my lower body didn't get enough so I'd add more leg and butt work on if I did it again. (My legs and butt need lots of work so you may not have this problem.) Have fun on your Ladies Night Out! :cool: Sounds like fun.

Laurie - I have closet envy. ;) My mom's house that we're trying to sell has a big walk-in closet. I'd buy it if it wasn't for the extra 50 mile commute. :p I never noticed that about the GS premixes. I wonder why they're different??? 30/30 must have been really tough after a leg workout.

Lala - Welcome back! Good job fitting in your workouts in Florida. I love walking on the beach.

This morning I did Supersets Lower Body Blast 32 min. This would be a good one to add on to the Jillian rotation. It works the quads, hams and butt real good!

Morning BB's,

TaeBo Get Ripped #2 was my workout this morning. I'm going to be going out tonight with my girlfriends, so this is a bad eats day. :eek: Don't care, I want a beer! :D

Lala, Glad you had a nice time in FL. So far the drama is way down, it will always ge there, but the major drama players have left.

Sue, I took another look at the BSB, and they only have a premix for the Back & Biceps. Now why would you do that? Those GS workouts could have had some great premixes, but they where trying to push those out to quickly I think. Yes the lower body workout followed by 30/30 was tough, but what a fun way to make it CTX/4DS like. ;) I hope these premixes do the work of an hour long workout, because I really am liking the shorter weight workouts. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie - GS was part of the Hardcore series, right? I would rather have 3 or 4 new workouts each series than 10. Shorter wait at least. I don't remember this series being rushed out (not like the last one anyway) but when you release so many workouts at once I can see how details get missed. That's another reason I'd prefer only a few released at one time. When IS the next series going to be announced? I'm trying to be patient but it's been almost a year since they filmed. Sorry. It's TTOTM and I'm a little cranky today.

Enjoy your bad eats day and have a nice cold brewski for me! :D

Off work today. Took our male kitty in for his annual checkup and kids to the dentist. DS has 4 cavities on both sides of his mouth so we have to make 2 separate appointments so both sides aren't frozen at once. :eek: DD didn't have any cavities and our male kitty is doing great. Thank goodness it wasn't all bad news.

Off to workout. I bought a new Shape dvd at Target. I should really read reviews before I do that instead of buying on impulse. Will let you know how I like it. It's the Hollywood Workout with Gunnar Peterson.

Hi fellow BB's! Today I did lots of yard work in prep for the storms tonight. They are hitting right now actually. I was soaked to the bone with sweat when I was done. This afternoon I went to my friends for a home decore party. It was fun. They had a lot of nice things. Thinking of going down and doing some pilates now.

Lala, welcome back. Hope you enjoyed your trip. From the pics I saw on Facebook you had pretty nice weather!

Sue, I agree with the lack of leg work in Jillian's. I feel I could use a little more. I am thinking for the my next rotation making a Jillian/P90X rotation. I too am wondering what is up Cathe's sleeve for the next series? I have heard of that dvd you bought but you'll have to let me know what you think!

Laurie, I hope you have a great time with your friends! I always wish my friends and I lived closer to each other, instead of 2 hours apart!:( There are days I could use a night with the girls!

Have a good night! Hope to get up early walk, then do BFBM then get my grocery shopping done!

Susan

Morning BB's,

Today was GS Back, Shoulders & Biceps premix along with 1:1 Killer Abs.

Had a great time with my girlfriends last night. :D

Sue, Glad your male cat is healthy. That amount of cavities is nothing, I think my oldest had pin hole cavities in all her teeth! :rolleyes: She has very very soft teeth. From what I understand (by what SNM has posted), they will not be doing pre-sales anymore. Makes me wonder if they will do an announcement of what they intend to produce, if that is the case. I know that they are still doing the tour, and they will be finding people from those tours to be in the next DVD's. I would imagine after these tours are finished, they will be creating some new workouts. When at Target did you see if they had the new TaeBo's there? I was wondering how that DVD is also.

Susan, A Jillian/P90X rotations sound like it would be good. Would you do the Lean rotation again, or try the Classic?

Have a wonderful day!

Laurie - I don't recall if I saw any Tae Bo at Target. I'm lukewarm on TB so don't pay much attention to them. I know you have some good ones that aren't available any longer but I don't have those. Too bad about eldest DD's teeth! So did they fill each pin-hole? That sounds tedious if they did. And awful for your DD! :( I think DS' problem is simply a matter of not brushing and eating too many freezer pops. I bought a package of 50 of those last week and they're already gone! I didnt' read about no more pre-sales! :eek: I'm not too surprised given all the drama from the last few series but I thought that was how they funded the project. :confused: Or at least that was what Cathe said on Fox Business News when they interviewed her.

Susan - I'd like to see how you put Jillian and P90X together. I like both but get bored doing just 1 instructor or set of workouts for very long so this idea intrigues me.

Hi, Karen!

Did Amy Bento's Rumble yesterday afternoon with 1 pound hand weights. The hand weights really made a difference with this workout. I wanted to try the new Shape workout but I found out the 20 min. "cardio" segment was weights/toning instead! Not cardio. :( I wish they wouldn't describe a weight workout as cardio when they mean circuit. So I did Rumble instead including some of the bag work which I really enjoy. Tonight I'll try my new "non-cardio" workout. ;)

I'm back to review Shape Hollywood Workout after doing all 4 segments.

The dvd consists of 4 workouts: Total Body Toning 20 min., Power Burning 20 min., Amazing Arms 10 min. and Lower Body Blast 10 min.

The warmups consist of dynamic and static stretches. Some of the stretches are too deep for a warmup IMO but since the same stretches are used throughout, I was appreciating the extra stretching towards the end.

I stand corrected on the cardio. Power Burn does a few quick cardio moves. I didn't time it but if I had to guess I'd say about 2 min. of easy cardio. The workouts move quickly from move to move because you don't do many reps at all. In fact, a lot of times I was hoping to do more reps because I was just getting into it and he'd say "1 more". Huh?? I also felt the workouts lost some momentum with Gunnar stopping to explain the next move. As I get to know the workouts I'll start in with my reps while he'll explaining.

I used 8 pound dumbbell throughout and that seemed to be a good weight. My arms especially felt really fried after Amazing Arms but I think it was because of the other workouts I did before PLUS Amazing Arms that did it. Not AA all by itself.

I didn't dislike this workout but I didn't love it either. I felt like I got a good workout and burned 374 calories according to my HRM. I like Gunnar as an instructor. He's very calm and serious without being stern.

Here is the breakdown of each workout:

Total Body Training 20 min.
Warmup
Squats w/no weight
Pushups with 1 arm row
Bicycle crunch
Elbow planks
Chest fly in bridge position
Crunches
Squats with shoulder press
Haybaler
Woodchop
Oblique crunch
Mountain climber (which seemed more like twisting plank)
Angled lunge with kickback
Overhead squat
Stretch

PowerBurn 20 min.
Warmup
Woodchop situps
Standing Woodchops
Squats into shoulder raise
Cardio
Stationary lunges
Pushups with 1 hand farther forward (can't remember what it's called)
Press with rotation
Corkscrew crunch
Reach & raise
Curtsy & shoulder raise
1 leg bicep curl
Superman
Tricep pushups
Twisting plank
Oblique twists
Swing over head
Stretch

Amazing Arms 10 min.
Warmup
Tricep extension overhead
Kickbacks
Close grip pushup
Bicep curl on 1 leg
Outward angled bicep curls
Hammer curls
Straight arm shoulder raise
Arnold press
Rear delt raise
Half press/full press
Bicep curls
Kickbacks
Straight arm shoulder raise
Stretches

Lower Body Blast 10 min.
Warmup
Squats w/no weight
Bridge and 1 legged hamstring raise
Mini squat jumps
Balance on 1 leg and touch floor
Curtsy lunges
Squat pushes onto toes
Stretch

Good night BBs!

HI there! Today was a 50mn walk and am going swimming later. We're also going to our friends for a fish fry tonight! Saturday I hope to wake up early to jump on elliptical. DS has a soccer tournament tomorrow. His first game is at 8:30am. His last game could be at 4pm depending on how it goes. However, since I am going to Beloit, I will not be staying to the very end. Does that make me a bad parent?:p I haven't missed a game is the 5 years he's been playing! He also says he will no longer be playing soccer so he can focus next Summer just on Baseball.

Sue, thanks for such a detailed review! I have seen that dvd elsewhere. I keep going to Bob Harpers website. Thinking I want to get those new ones. What are your favorites from his new series?

Well, I have to go run a couple errands before we go swimming. Have a great day and if I don't check back, have a wonderful weekend! Finally no rain in our forecast!:D

Susan

Susan - What a busy weekend you have planned! NO, it does not make you a bad parent to cut out early or miss a game. I used to think I had to go to each and every baseball, basketball, softball, football, etc. game so I hated it when DS was in Selects baseball. Every night it was running here and there and getting home too late to do anything. Made me a cranky mom. DH told me I didn't have to go to every game and then I felt better. We went to every single Marching Band competition last year, too but I don't think we'll do that this year.

As far as Bob's workouts, I really like Bob's long cardio and long strength workouts. The short cardio is not cardio at all but still a good leg toning and balance workout. Haven't tried the shorter strength workout. I've only tried 1 of Bob's yoga workouts (I think it was the shorter one) and it was good. He doesn't hold the stretches very long but sometimes I like that.;) I have yet to try Bob's Workout 1 & 2. Those are supposed to be the toughest. Overall, I am very happy with the purchase.

Only working half day today (summer hours). Did 1 Leslie mile this morning but plan to do more cardio later. Thinking about a classic Cathe step workout.:)

Morning BB's,

Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit for me this morning.

Sue, What a great review, and from the description I think that I will pass. I'm pretty sure that I had seen a post about the no more pre-sales, but I could be wrong. :D Enjoy your half day today, and also the step workout. I think you should go for one of the oldies. Mega Step Blast, unless you don't have a VCR anymore. :eek:

Susan, Of course you are not a bad mother! I am unable to go to all of the DD's track meets and cross country meets. Just no way I can make is somtimes. Enjoy your swim today.

Have a wonderful weekend,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.