BUFF BADGERS 6/4-6/8

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Didn't get my workout in on Friday, had a really disturbing e-mail sent to my DH from a cast member from last year. My stomach was churning on Friday, and I just could function properly. But Saturday morning was a new day, and Sunday was YogaX. Today will be Legs & Back/ ARX / 4 Mile Run.

Sue, Would imagine that you are glad to be back on the job instead of the demo world. :)

Karen, How did your boys do in the race in Wausau?

Susan, Hope you are well?

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hello BB's,

Laurie, so sorry you and your DH are having problems with people not acting the right way. It seems society is getting more and more greedy, only thinking what they want is right. Glad you are over it and can get on with your wonderful life. The boys did great. It was a marathon race so DS13 went 18 miles in mud and rain but still finished 8th. DS9 finished 5th and got a medal, DS 11 got 3rd and a medal and DH finished 3rd and medaled also. Thanks for asking.

Sue, hope things are back to normal now. Take it easy and have a great day.

Susan, hope you are still having fun working on your elliptical.

I did BM2 timesaver cardio and MM. Nothing interesting.

Hi, BBs! Feels like it's been a long time since I checked in. . .

Laurie - Sorry to hear you and DH have to deal with poop-heads (maybe that's too nice a term? }( ) You are doing great on your 2nd rotation of the X. I'm thinking of starting another rotation in the fall.

Karen - Another race in the mud? Is this typical or just unlucky? Your "men" did great in their races. High fives to all.

Susan - Hope everything is okay. Are you still doing walks with your dog and enjoying your elliptical?

Back to normal at work this week. I hope that goes for working out and eating, too. I've been doing so badly I don't even want to look at a scale.:-( I've been feeling very insecure about my job security with the new software we're going to. Even though my boss assures me I'll still have a job, my role in the new system will be different from what I'm doing today. (I'm an AS/400 techie person and all the new packages are pc-based.) "Different" is not necessarily a bad thing - I just have to be sure my duties are commensurate with my salary or they'll be able to hire a college grad for a lot less money. One of my good friends and co-workers here is already looking for a new job which makes me sad because I don't want her to leave! That, and being treated like a secretary the last 3 weeks by vendors as I made them coffee, served their lunch, handed out score sheets, etc. has made me feel really down on myself. Plus, not getting enough sleep by getting up at 4:30 every morning, having to cut my workouts (not enough endorphins maybe) haven't helped. Yesterday afternoon I had a terrible headache and wanted to just lie down and nap but I had laundry and grocery shopping to do. Sorry to be such a bummer. I'm trying to make myself snap out of it.

This morning I did Circuit Max and it felt great. The endorphins definitely helped.:) Today's a new day, right? :)

DS10 has a baseball game tonight. He had a tournament over the weekend and lost all 3 games. It was rough to watch because our boys are just not at the same skill level as the other teams. The "slaughter rule" kicked in all 3 games (winning team up by 10 or more points after 4 innings ends the game). At least with the final game they made it to about inning 6. They play one of those good teams tonight so it'll be rough. DS10 had a couple of good hits and stopped a steal at home plate (DS was playing catcher) so that was good.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Sue

Sue, sorry to hear you are so down on yourself. It sounds like your job will get better and no more waiting on people. You have a wonderful family, determination and lots of friends here. I an sure the lack of sleep does not help matters at all. I am sorry your friend is leaving, maybe someone just as special will fill her position. Glad you enjoyed Circuit Max. I did that the other day, it's a tough workout. I had forgotten how hard it was. To bad the BB team lost all three games, we went through that in Basketball this past winter. As long as they have fun, there is always next year. DS has got to feel good he had some nice hits and is playing well. Have a great day and I will pray things will seem better each day.

Morning BB's,

Hope this rain stops so we can get the yard cut. It looks like a field at our house. :) Maybe we should have someone come and make some hay. :) Yesterday I had to make a Finnish Cake for DD10. They are learning about different nationalities. Since our heritage is Finnish, I have a recipe. :) The ingredients are 1 cup of eggs, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp of salt. How easy is that!!! Usually you serve it with fresh fruit. Hope they enjoy it.

DD14 had a choir concert last night and their 8th grade group where granted the opportunitity of doing a song all by themselves. Usually they just have the 8th grade as one group. I may be biased, but their group did the best. You could tell that they where enjoying themselves.

Sue, Hey don't bum yourself out. I have started my Tonyism. Do Your Best - Forget the rest. Circuit Max is just the start of a very swift journey to you feeling your best again. :) That has to be hard for those young guys to handle all that. All you can do is praise you DS on the good things the he can do.

Karen, Your guys did great! They must have alot of fun. Do they only travel in WI, or will they be going to other states? You are quite right on people only thinking of themselves. That is the correct way to look at it.

Susan, Sending out good workout vibes to you!

You all have a great day!

Laurie

Morning BB's,

Today I did spinnervals 90 minute time trial and yoga for stress relief digestion segment and stretchmax.

Laurie, That cake sounds good and easy. Is it sort of like a shortcake I think I'll try it with strawberries. Yum. Thanks. That is neat the 8th grade choir got to sing by themselves for their last time in Jr. High. The guys only travel in WI. It is actually Wisconsin Off Road Series WORS.

Hi Sue and Susan.

Have a wonderful day.

Karen, If you do make the cake, just beat the eggs with the sugar until it gets light and fluffy. The color actually gets lighter also. You can either put it in a 9x13 or two 9" pans. I have put strawberries in between the layers too. :9 Bake it at 350 for 30 min. Really easy. My DH likes it with strawberries and cool whip.

Laurie

Karen & Laurie - Thanks, guys for your support! :) I feel a lot better today and everything seems to be back on track. This last week of school is still crazy but thanks to summer hours and comp time I earned over the last 3 weeks, at least I'm able to take some time off.

Laurie - Of course the 8th grade choir sounded the best - DD14 takes after her mom, right? :7 Ooh, that cake sounds good but don't start tempting me with strawberry shortcake (one of my faves). Just kidding but I am back on track with my eating and don't need any sweets for awhile.

Karen - Sounds like you did it all today - cardio, yoga, stretching.

Hi, Susan!

Workout this morning was PS-BBA. Wanted to do cardio but ran out of time.

Tonight is DD12's 6th Grade Dinner. It's like a graduation since they move on to junior high next year. I've been working on DD12 for months now - talking her into wearing a skirt vs. pants, painting her toenails, shaving her legs, wearing her hair in a ponytail. These may seem llike minor things but she usually rejects anything girly. Surprisingly, she's excited about dressing up tonight.

DS10's game was rained out last night which means next week we have 3 games! Who needs a hobby when your kids are in sports?

Have a good one.

Sue

Sue, glad you are feeling better. It to shall pass. Glad you are making headway with your DD12. A skirt it is and exictement too. Nice workout and great job getting back on track with eating. That is something I will continuously have to work on.

Laurie, thanks for the rest of the info on the cake. I think I will layer it with whipcream and strawberries. YUM!! Sorry Sue.

Enjoy your day.

Hi BB's,

Today I have to drive an hour both ways to get my DD to the ortho. I am going to do endurance for movement and shape redefining circuit. I don't know how I'll like them but I am giving them a shot.

Have a great day all.

Morning BB's,

Today will be StretchX for me.

It was really cold last night to play volleyball. My toes where frozen from being in the sand. We had a double header, and we lost to the first team and beat the second team. Funny thing was the water that I used to clean my feet seemed warmer than my toes. :D

Our little four legged house guest woke me up at 3 this morning. She was letting us know that our CO2 detector was beaping. It needed a battery. Gave her a treat for being a good dog. :D

Karen, Oh man I remember having to drive a distance for appointments when I was young. But being up in that area you need to travel. Hope your drive is a pleasant experience. Do you have all the Shape workouts? I was interested in the two that they have at Target. I know one of them includes some kickboxing.

Sue, Your daughter sounds like my oldest sister. She never wanted to wear a dress. All you have to do is look at pictures of her in a dress, and you would know. Not a happy face. :7

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie, I only have shape transforming, and redefining. Which ones do they have at Target? At least you won one game. It sounds like fun but you know it's cold when the water coming out of the hose is warmer than the temp. outside.

>I am going to do endurance for movement and shape
>redefining circuit. I don't know how I'll like them but I am
>giving them a shot.
>

Is that the TLT Endurance in Movement you're referring to? You'll have to let me know how you like it. I've only done it once but I thought it was a good sub for Core Syn or when you want to workout but not work very hard.

Sue

DD12 looked beautiful in her blue print, sleeveless top and white gauze, multi-layered skirt. She wore a little heart necklace and her hair back in a ponytail with a barrette on 1 side with a twist. That's as fancy as she would let me get with her hair. She was nervous at first because she doesn't like big crowds but her friends helped put her at ease. Her best friends are all boys. They have the same interests and sarcastic sense of humor.

Laurie - You're making me shiver thinking of bare toes in the sand last night! It was cold walking from the car to the school in our dresses and sandals last night. Sounds like you had a good time.

Karen - I guess I shouldn't complain about driving 15 min. to the Ortho even though I have to backtrack most of the time so it turns into 30 instead.

Got home late and too wound up to go to bed so consequently, couldn't get up early this morning. I had a half hour to workout and too tired to bounce around so did half an hour of abs (both ab segments from Butts & Gutts - the regular one and bonus stability ball one). I'll try to get to bed earlier tonight. Feel good that at least I did "something". Maybe I'll get a chance to do "something" tonight.

Take care,
Sue

Karen, Those are the two that I saw at Target. I think one of those has a band in it also. At least the one at Target did.

Laurie

Laurie, yes they both came with bands. The cardio interval one was really pretty good for 30 min. Good high intensity low impact.

Sue, I decided since you said TLT was a workout for not working hard I would do ME. I may return the TLT's without even watching them. I don't do no working hard dvd's that much.

Have a great day.

Karen - Some people think the TLTs get harder as your balance improves. I haven't done them enough to find out if that's the case. Still, they're primarily for balance and core strength so if that's not what you're looking for with these workouts, you may not like them. If I had more time this morning, a TLT would have been perfect for my less-than-energetic state.

Sue

Good Morning BB's,

How are all you BB's? I am planning on CC#6 today and yoga or stretch. DD14 has her 8th grade trip to Wis. Dells today and she got some things done to her teeth at the ortho yesterday and she can't eat anything. I gave her some ibouprophin(don't know how to speel it) and sent her with the bottle to give to her teacher.

Sue do you have all the TLT's? I am glad you are getting sleep and picking up a workout when you can. I sounds like you DD looked beautiful. Glad she was put at ease when she got around her friends.

Laurie, almost done with the X. I guess acouple of weeks ago I jumped the gun thinking you were done then. How time flies.

Hi Susan hope things are going well for you.

Have a wonderful day.

Morning BB's,

Today is Shoulders/Chest & Triceps / ARX / 4 Mile Run

Nothing major going on today. Just hope everyone stays safe with the storms that are suppose to be coming in.

Karen, Is your DD going to Noah's Arch for the day? Sorry to hear about the mouth pain. Just sounds unpleasant! Hope she has fun though.

Sue, The way you described you DD was beautiful. You had to have a little tear in your eye at seeing her this way! ;-) I know I would. :D

Susan, We miss ya girl!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Karen - Hopefully your DDs mouth feels better today so she can eat and enjoy herself at the Dells. Nice hot day for a waterpark, too - just hope the storms stay away. My DD has had a lot of poking wires. I think we've been in at least 4 times now to trim and when she does can't open her mouth very wide without it hurting. She eats like a bird anyway so I worry about her not getting enough to eat.

Laurie - You're doing such a good job on your X Doubles rotation! I think I would have said "Uh, forget it - this is too much" after the first week or so. I was VERY proud of DD all dressed up the other night. I couldn't stop looking at her and telling her how pretty she looked.

No workout for me this morning.:-( Had to get to work early and couldn't get my butt out of bed to go for a jog as planned.

DH has the opposite problem right now - insomnia. He saw the doctor on Tuesday and he prescribed Rozerem for him. It worked a little Tuesday night and he was able to sleep 6 hours but no luck last night. He missed work Tuesday and now today because of it. He called Nurse Online at 3:00 this morning when he couldn't sleep and she suggested a few things - making sure he exercises, don't sleep during the day. It's stress-related so he needs to find ways to alleviate the stress. When you think about it, we're really in the same boat - just dealing with it differently. Karen - I mentioned to DH that you had found an ancient Chinese remedy for your insomnia and DH would like to know what this is. He's desperate enough to try just about anything. Maybe you can email me if you're uncomfortable about posting here. Any info you've uncovered in your research would be helpful.

Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.