BUFF BADGERS 5/14 - 5/18

susanz

Cathlete
Hello Ladies! I hope you all enjoyed your Mother's Day! Mine was nice and quiet. My lil' guy has a bad cold so I was trying to get him better.

Today was a walk with Ruby and the Elliptical "Extreme Heart Rate" for 35. Saturday I did the Ellip. "Sports Training" for 45 and Sunday I did an hour of Pilates Accelerated.

I go to the Doctor tomorrow morning to re-check my thyroid. I know the dosage of meds she has me on right now is not working. She'll have to re-adjust. Also, my foot has been bothering me again. I am pretty sure my heel spurs are back at it. We'll see...

You ladies have a great day! Stay strong- Susan

Morning BB's,

Had a very nice Mother's Day. DD's gave me earings with their birthstones. Youngest DD also made me a bracelet. They took me out for lunch, and in the evening DH's Mom, Dad, SIL and Neice came over for dinner. Didn't get my workout in yesterday, so I will be repeating that one. Legs & Back / ARX / and 3-1/2 Mile Run. All this after we get back from DD14's last home track meet of the season. She only has a few meets left, and the rest are all away.

Susan, Sorry to hear about you foot, and good luck at the dr. appt. And hope your DS is feeling better quickly.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good evening, ladies. Well, I survived Day 1 of Software Demo Hell. :+ }( Tomorrow morning I'll have to get up at 4:30 to get a quick workout in before getting to work early. Did Step Blast segment 2, 3 + challenge premix this morning.

My Mother's Day was so-so. DH and the kids cleaned out my minivan and cooked a nice steak dinner which I liked but both kids left their gifts at school because they weren't done yet. DH bought me almost the exact same necklace he did for Christmas and made a dvd of the kids' early years which couldn't play because of a disc error. Their hearts were in the right place at least. ;-)

Susan - Let us know what the doctor says.

Laurie - Glad you had a nice Mother's Day. I think your DH should give my DH tips on jewelry buying though.;-) Good luck to DD14 tonight at her meet.

Hi, Karen!

Sue

Hi guys,

Sue, glad you survived, never doubted you would. To bad everything didn't go off like clock work for them and for you. That's so gret you can get up that early to exercise. I'd trip over everything.

Laurie, hope DD did great in her track meet. Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Glad you will get your MD workout in today.

Susan, sorry your foot isn't doing well again. I hope you can get some relief.

Done with soccer for tonight. Take care. I'll try to get on site earlier. I don't have an excuse like Sue.

Morning BB's,

Today I will be doing Kimberly's Absolute Kickboxing. :) About time, I have been wanting to do this one for quite some time. Kimberly has been looking at me since I unearthed the workout from my pile of papers. :D

DD14 did very well in her Mile race yesterday. Even though the wind just about knocked everyone over, she came in first place. She was disappointed in her time, but then so was everyone. These kids really beat themselves up sometimes. I was doing timing, and had to mention several times that the wind had a lot to do with their times. :) I should volunteer to be a coach. :7 :7 :7 Wish I had the time.

Sue, My DH is very good at picking out jewlery. :) But getting your mini van cleaned out is really great also. That is something that needs to happen to mine too. Keep up the good work on your workouts, even with all you have to deal with at work.

Susan, Good luck at the Dr. appt. today. I am right on that one, it is today? :) Is DS feeling better today?

Karen, Hey don't worry about getting on here. You do what you need to do. How are you feeling since the reduction in workouts?

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hey gals,

Laurie, DD14, first place. That's just great. Even with a slower time, she's better than the rest. Just a little bragging. Enjoy Kimberly's workout. I did it once and liked it. You would make a great coach.

Sue, how is you mom doing. Were you able to get any help coming in for her? Good job on you workouts.

Susan, hope things go well at the Dr.s. Enjoy your workout.

It looks like rain here for the rest of the week. We really need it but it just makes everything so dreary. Still trying to feel better. I have to figure out how to get some sleep.

Have a great day.

Hi Ladies!

My appointment is at 9:00 so I will workout out after that. Will be doing Muscle Endurance.

Last nights storm was a doozy! The rain/hail was pounding so hard I thought for sure we'd bust a window! Of course the children didn't sleep well until it passed. :-( DS is hangin' in there. Goes through Kleenex pretty quickly though!

Laurie, your DD14 did great! She should be proud!

Karen I hope you find time to get some much needed rest

Take care- Susan

Hey all!

Well, the Doctor is increasing my thyroid meds so hopefully that will help! She also took an X-ray of my foot. She said it's that darn heel-spur. She told me it was time to buy new in-soles. The ones I have should be re-placed every 6-12 months depending on your activity level. It's been about 8 months for these so I ordered a new pair. She said I can start slowly to increase my impact. I need to always wear my in-soles.

Susan

Susan, I am glad you are able to get new in-soles and increase your impact soon. You have been doing such a great job on your low impact. I hope increasing your thyroid meds helps. Keep us posted. You will be up to par in no time.

Susan - Ditto what Karen said. ;-)

Laurie - Hope you enjoy Absolute Kickboxing. Let me know how you like it. Always looking for more kb workouts. :7 Sent my check in for Powerstrike so patiently waiting for that.

Karen - Are you feeling any better now that you're taking a rest? Just talked to my mom and she's in good spirits. My sister and her DH are visiting from Denver and taking really good care of her. :) They installed a higher toilet that's easier for her to use and are forcing her to get in and out of the chair and bed by herself so she gets stronger. It sounds mean but if we keep helping her she won't develop her upper body strength. Mom has cellulitis and edema and is being treated for those. Also found out she's hypothyroid so she's starting out on a low dosage for that. I'll see her again on Saturday.

Did Musclemax upper body premix this morning. Off to do my walk now.

Sue

Hi there!

Sue, glad to hear your Mom is getting better!

Today was Elliptical "Fat Burn" for 45 minutes and ABS.

It was cold walking this morning... Brrr! what a difference a day makes!

Stay well- Susan

Morning BB's,

Today is Sh/Ch/Tri / ARX / 3-1/2 Mile Run. I have a hair appointment today after work, so the workout will be a little later than usual for me. :)

Ok Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kickboxing is great! It may be because the bar just adds that little bit of spice to the workout. It takes a little getting used to, but I think the next time I do this one it I will like it even more. I see it also has premixes, so I am looking forward to that also. The length to do the whole workout is 93 min. So the premixes will probably work when time is short. Kimberly is fast becoming one of my favs for KB. :) Not to enable anyone to buy this one. :) I still need to try her Kick Box Boot Camp, and I'm looking forward to that too. :) Might even have to purchase Progressive Strength. Will have to see.

Susan, Yes it is funny how the weather can change so quickly. I didn't bring a jacket into work yesterday, and when I left it was raining like crazy. Of course the rain was really cold also. :) Sorry to hear about the darn heel spur, but hopefully the new insoles will help a bit or a lot. :)

Sue, So glad to hear your Mom is feeling better. So your sister is cracking the whip. :7 You are right, it will be a benifit her to have more upper body strength.

Karen, Let me see what can we do to help you get some sleep. :) I don't think me singing a lullaby will help. DD's still want me to do that every once in a while. :) I'll think about it and get back to ya! :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi BB's,

Laurie, have fun getting your hair done. Still doubling up on the X. Way to go. Kick Box Boot camp is fun too. I really like Kimberly too.

Susan, hope you enjoyed you walk in the cold rain. Is it suppose to get any warmer by you?

Sue, I am glad someone is there to get you mom moving again. Just what she needs to get herself stronger. Sometimes the hard things we have people do are the best things in the end. Nice job on still getting workouts in with everything so busy.

Yesterday a friend that is a hair dresser highlighted my hair. She did a really nice job. She said she would do DD14 also. Been eating way to many chocolate chips lately. Soccer again tonight and have to go pick up the van from an oil change. All is quiet in the big city of Rice Lake. Nice place to live.

Enjoy your day.

Karen I am getting my DD10's hair highlightened as an "end of the school year" gift. I'm actually a little nervous about it! She of course is so excited!

The kids are bugging us to get to Rice Lake and the cabin! Doesn't look like it'll be til late June or July. It stinks that DH started this new job and really has no vacation until the fall. It's a long trip but it's worth it!

It's not supposed to get "warmer" til next week. For now it's in the mid-60's. Rain again tonight though...

Enjoy the soccer game- Susan

Hello there!

Today is Elliptical for 35mn and Pilates Buns & Thighs.

I went and bought a bunch of flowers for my planter in the front. I hope to get those planted today or tomorrow.... I am also hoping my new in-soles come today!

Have a great day everyone! Susan

Hi BB's,

Susan, I'll bet the highlights will look great on DD10. They are not even out of school yet and want to come North to freeze a bit more. Brave kids. Enjoy your workout today and I hope you get your flowers planted. What kinds did you get?

Sue, miss chatting with you. Hope things are going well.

Laurie, what great workout is planned for today? How many new workouts do you have left to try? You seem to be getting them done slowly but surely.

DS11 went on a filed trip to the Science Museum in Minnesota today. Hopefully they will be back when they said so I don't have to sit in the car waiting forever. Also have an IEP meeting for DD16 this afternoon. Time sure goes by fast.

Have a great day everyone.

Morning BB's,

Today is PlyoX and Kathy Smith's LWTLW Leg Portion. I actually like adding the KS workout to my rotation. Don't know if this is helping or not, but my butt is feeling much tighter than is did in the last X rotation. ;)

Karen, It still seems like I have quite a few new workouts to get through. I have one Janis, two Billy's and one Kimberly workout yet. But you are right I will get to them eventually. I'm really liking all the new workouts I have gotten. For the longest time I never thought I would like anyone but Cathe. Now I know what I like to do, and will pick my workouts based on that. I enjoy step, but don't want to do it all the time. :) Oh and I now have Cardio Coach to look forward too. Probably will make my runs alot more fun too. :) Hope you don't have to wait too long. I had that not to long ago, my wait was 1/2 hour long. :(

Susan, Have fun with planting the flowers. I have been only doing planters in the last few years. The price they charge for flowers now is crazy, and I just don't have the time to weed a large area. :D Hope your insoles get to you today also.

Sue, Hope you day is going good.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie, you ordered CC, way to go. I never thought I'd like anyone but Cathe either. I love Christi Taylor hi/lo especially the cardio collectibles. It is so much fun and I am not really a fan of hi/lo. Cathe will always be my favorite instructor but there are a lot of fun workouts out there also. Which Kathy are you using? Margaret Richards and Kathy Smith are the ones who got me into working out. Oh and Gin Miller and Karen Voight. I started with them in 1989 or so. I guess you didn't need to know all that. I guess I just got thinking about times many years ago.

Take care.

Hi, guys! Well, 1 demo down, 2 to go. The craziness is almost over this week only to start again on Monday. One of my duties this week is to order lunch for everyone and with limited options of places that deliver in Menomonee Falls, it irks me a bit when people get picky or demanding. You’re getting a free lunch! Just take what you get. If they only knew how much time I spend trying to decide what and how much to get all while trying to keep to somewhat of a budget. . . And then our Controller almost steals someone else’s lunch because he’s too lazy (and cheap!) to go out and get his own! Okay, rant over.

Laurie – You have me excited about Kimberly Spreen!:) I keep hearing good things about her workouts and now I HAVE to get Absolute Kickboxing! ;-) What kind of bar does she use? Can you do the workout without one? 93 min. is a long workout so good news she has premixes.

Karen – I have a cure for your insomnia: Come to my company and sit through one of these software demos.:) Guaranteed to bore you to sleep (zzzz, zzzz). Especially the manufacturing module. I still don’t understand what rough cut capacity is. Oh, well. Good thing I don’t need to know. Anyway, glad to see you checking in. Staying busy I see. I’ve never highlighted my hair but I’d like to try it sometime. People think this is really weird but I’ve NEVER colored my hair. I keep plucking out the gray hairs and this week it seems I’ve had more to pluck. Love to hear your reminiscing about your beginning days of working out. I started with Gilad on ESPN in college. My roommates and I used to do his half hour show and even with commercials it was hard for me at the time! From there I moved on to Jane Fonda and a few others before discovering Cathe.

Susan - Hope DD10 likes her highlights! I wish my DD12 liked girlie things like that. We’re so different when it comes to hair, makeup, fashion (sigh). I have to beg her to brush her hair (actually, I demand it when it gets out of control). Tonight looks beautiful for my walk. A little on the chilly side but at least it’s sunny.

Yesterday I did CTX All Step cardio + SJP abs. This morning I did Musclemax Lower Premix + B&G Floorwork. Tomorrow I can’t decide if I want to sleep in and rest or get up and do extra cardio to wear off those free lunches I’ve been getting this week.:9

Sue

Sue, I'll be in Waukesha area this weekend, to bad there isn't one of your sleep meetings. I say sleep in instead of cardio. What great lunches have you been ordering? I used my firm sculpt stick for the bar in Kimberly's new workout. If I remember correctly, CTX are some pretty tough workouts for being shorter that most of Cathe's things. Enjoy your rest tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.