BUFF BADGERS 5/10-5/14

lvnascar

Cathlete
This morning was a 3 mile run on the treadmill and Coremax #1. Will get in Meso 3 Chest & Back workout after I get home from work. Satruday was Barry's Bootcamp floor cardio with Joey.

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. We went to Carabbas for lunch, and it was a very nice time.

Karen, How did your Tri go on Saturday?

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Hi,

Had a great time on Sat. came in 5th out of 35 in our division. Run time about 21 min, biking 41 and the kayak took up the rest of the time. Finished in 2:18:43. We even got hailed on, snowed on and blown away by the wind. I'll do it again next year.

Laurie, you are getting a lot of great workouts in. You must have some fab. results by now. Glad you had a nice Mother's Day.

We went to my parent's for Mother's Day. Had a fun day Sun. too.

Have a good day.

Hi,

We even got hailed on, snowed on and blown away by the wind. I'll do it again next year.

Karen - What you said above cracked me up! You sure have a great attitude. I'm sure you said this before but how far did you run, bike and kayak?

Hi Laurie, Susan and Lala!

Hope everyone had a fabulous Mother's Day! Our church was selling roses after mass so DH bought me a rose. Then we went out for brunch and saw Ironman 2. I loved the way Scarlett Johanson's character kicked butt! I liked the movie but almost wished there was more story to the movie instead of 1 action sequence after another.

I did lots of cleaning around the house on Saturday so didn't workout. Lazy. Yesterday I did BFBM. Today was Jillian's Yoga Meltdown Part 1. I'm not a big yoga fan but I did like this one better than Yoga X because it's much shorter (about 35 min.) and more interesting. Yoga X is harder but the repetitiveness of those sun salutations drives me crazy.

Morning BB's,

Well last night I just couldn't get in my evening workout, just way to tired from running around yesterday. This morning I finished that upper body workout, and tonight I plan on Hiit Double Wave Pyramid. Still have to do some running around, but at least DD13's track meet was cancelled.

Karen, Congrats on your finish, I knew you would do a great job. I also thought that statement you made was a funny one. You went through all that and still want to try it again next year. :D I have not been checking my weight or measurements at all. I did have to get some new jeans, because I was getting tired of having to keep pulling them up. LOL

Sue, Glad that you had a good MD too. Ironman2 is one movie that I will probably go to. Even though RDJ is looking older than he actually is, I just love him. That is exactly how I felt about the yoga workout.

Have a great day!

Did 3 Leslie miles last night. Sore butt today from yoga yesterday. Tonight I plan to do Last Chance Workout. Rain, rain go away!

Hi,

I am not doing anything today because I am not feeling well. I am going in for a strep test tomorrow. It has been going around here lately. Yesterday I did Drill Max weights only and Circuit blast.

Sue, we ran 3 miles, biked 17 and kayaked 7 miles. I have Jillians yoga dvd, I'll have to try it soon. I am with you on the rain go away boat.

Laurie, wish my DD track meet was cancelled. These people don't know when to cancel anything. That is what I thought about your clothes feeling loser.:)

Hi to all you other Buff Badgers.

Hello, Hello, Hello!!:D

My weekend was okay, Saturday I cleaned, and cleaned some more and only walked Ruby. Sunday I mowed the lawn then played soccer against my DS10's team (Moms -v- Sons) and we won. Those boys had no mercy though! LOL:D Monday was too crazy to get a decent workout in. Yesterday was KenpoX and today is Core Synergistics.

My Mother's Day was nice but my dishwasher finally died (25 years old!) so I told DH my gift will be a new one! DD went to the store and bought me flowers and DS drew me a beautiful picture.

Laurie, congrats on needing new pants! :D Still not 100% back into P90X yet. My back is better but not yet "right".

Karen, Woo Hoo! You did great! I would have been complaining the entire time if I was out in that nasty weather! What a trooper you are!:D Hope you do not have strep! My DS is home sick today with what I hope is just a bad cold/sore throat!

Sue, okay, now you've talked me into buying Jillian's Yoga! LOL! I am really thinking of starting that rotation I found of hers sooner than I expected. I think my problem with P90 is I am so used to do only 30day rotations, that 90 days is just more than I expected!:eek:

Take care ladies and have a good day!

Susan

Hi! Glad you all had a great weekend and week..

Karen...3 miles in 21 minutes...I am totally impressed :D. Nice job on the tri.

Laurie, I love those HiiTs...did 40/20 yesterday. Still am making some modifications, but getting better each time!

Sue, I´d like to see Ironman 2. I like Robert Downing, Jr!

Susan, So, are you getting the new dishwasher? Mine does not clean very well and find I have to run it with fewer dishes in it. :(

Monday I slept in and after worked I worked in the garden. Today I did ME express premix. I am training for a 10K (not NEARLY as fast as Karen!) so try to do running for my cardio, but couldn´t make myself go out in the cold and rain yesterday, so did 40/20.

Hope to get a run in tomorrow.

Afternoon BB's,

Really late for me today, because I had to take DD13 to the doctors for some blood work. She had some blood work done on Monday, and that indicated that she was very anemic. Apparently she should be around an 11-12 in points, and hers read a 7. So they are confirming the test, and running others. :confused: The doctor said that normally someone with that low of points is feeling exhausted all the time. Not my kid. LOL :eek:

Sue, I got the Last Chance Workout, and I actually liked it. You can really up the intensity in that one pretty easily. I would also like the rain to go away, and the cold too.

Karen, I hope that you don't have strep. I agree with you on cancelling those track meets, guess they only will cancel HS meets if there is lightening. The coaches in MS don't seem to want to be in the rain. LOL

Susan, That was the hard part about P90X, just not enough variety to keep your interest for the full 90 days. I found myself dreading the workouts even though they where very effective. Tony is coming out with P90XNext, and I'm hoping it is more like P90X than P90X+. It would be nice to mix the Next & X. LOL Sounds like a really nice Mother Day.

Lala, We have that same problem with our dishwasher. I think the state passed some GREEN law that we couldn't have phosphorus in our detergents. I don't know if it went into affect yet, but I swear the dishes do not get clean at all.

Have a great day!

Laurie - Now you have me wondering if I should get DD tested for anemia. She's exhausted all the time and doesn't have the best diet (picky eater). I agree about with Last Chance workout. I go much heavier with the weights which turns it into a pretty challenging workout.

Lala - When is your 10K? I've been thinking about doing a race myself but it'd be a 5K. Robert Downing Jr. is great as Ironman.

Susan - 25 years for a dishwasher is dang good. We're on our 2nd already in 17 years and it leaks from time to time! I like 30 day rotations, too.

Karen - Hope you're feeling better today and it's not Strep.

Did Last Chance workout last night. This morning I watched Biggest Loser on DVR and "did my own thing" - running in place, leg presses, squats. A lighter workout but managed to burn 300 calories AND see most of BL.

Hi, nice to see all the BB's back.

Went for a 4 mile run today and now DH called and wants to go for a run.:eek:

The Dr. says it's allergies. I got some allergy homeopathic at the health food store and will try it.

Good workouts all. Hope all your kids feel better and you can figure out what's up.

Have to get supper before I run again.

Morning BB's,

This morning was Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit - Felt Great! :D

Sue, It wouldn't hurt to have it tested, just a simple blood draw. DD13 has had her period for 2 months now with only a one week slow down. The doctor is thinking that it is just to much of a blood loss, but we will know for sure today. I'm hoping that she doesn't need to take any iron suppliments.

Karen, Glad you where able to pinpoint the allergies, and are able to take care of it. It makes sense, because your blooming season is about a week or more behind us. Love all the blooming things, but they sure can do a number on your system. So how much further did you run yesterday? :D

Have a great day!

Hi,

Haven't done anything yet. Hopefully after school I will get Tonique in.

Laurie, hope DD doesn't have to take anything. That is a lot of blood to lose. I keep meaning to do Insanity and end up doing something else. I am not totally sold on the allergy diagnosis. I ended up running 4 more miles with DH.

Have a great day.

Hi! Today was a 3 mile run...in some drizzle and then rain!

Sue, my 10K is June 4. I would prefer a 5K, but it's not offered in our "Cheese chase"

Laurie, hope DD gets things worked out. I was on iron for a couple of weeks.

Karen, did you get in a second run?

Hi Susan!

Morning BB's,

This morning was Barry's Bootcamp 5 Day Academy treadmill cardio with Nadia, and Ab Circuit No Equipment Abs. This tm workout was the easiest so far, I still have not tried the one with Barry yet. All of them have been enjoyable though. Might get in something else tonight, since DD17's track meet was moved to today, and youngest doesn't have practice on Friday. DH is out of town until Satruday evening. What else is there for me to do besides get in a workout. Thought maybe something like 10 Min. Solutions Knockout workout would be a good one.

Karen, I have not been able to get in a Tonique workout yet, just not enough time. So want to get one in though. Good work on getting in 8 miles yesterday.

Lala, What a great name for a race! :D Hope to hear something on DD's test results today, the doctor had the day off yesterday.

Have a wonderful weekend all you BB's!

Morning,

Last night I did MM push/pull premix. Today I did Pure Cardio and Tonique squat and lunge section of the 1st Tonique, then one segment of Stretchmax.

Laurie, glad you are enjoying BBC. Lots of cardio for you today. Hope it is not as rainy and cold there as it is here for the track meet.

Lala, nice job getting your run in the drizzle. I think you would like a sprint tri since you love to swim, and you can bike and run. Is Elkart Lake close to you? I know there is one in June there? Cold water though. I guess you would need a wet suit.

Have a great day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.