Buff Badgers 4/29

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Today I will be doing what I was suppose to do yesterday. 3 Mile run and CTX Shoulders/Bi/Tri. It was so cold at the track meet yesterday that my back started acting up. And of course being out in the outdoors saps you energy, just wanted to go to bed.

DD had a great meet, she came in second in the mile with a time of 6:45. She has a great kick at the end. :D She didn't scratch any of her long jumps, and was consistant. There where kids that jumped much further than she did, but I give her credit for jumping right after doing the mile. }(

We have a busy weekend, DD13 has a lock-in at the church. That means I have to be at the church on Sat morning by 7am. No sleeping in for me. I'm suppose to have volleyball practice tonight also. Saturday is a party at our friends, and also quilting in the morning. I don't think I'm doing anything on Sunday! But I hope to do KPC on Saturday and 6 Mile run on Sunday.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good morning Laurie. I skipped DS's baseball game last night cuz I didn't think it was warm enough. Bad mommy lol. But I have no desire to sit and freeze, and he hasn't been playing that much this year. We don't know why-he keeps practicing and really works hard, but has been sitting out a lot for some reason. The coach has been his coach on and off since he was 7 and has always liked him and played him a lot, so we dont' know what gives. Did he suddenly lose his ability? Not! I'm happy to hear your DD did well! It's so much more fun watching when you're watching your own kid!

Well, today is my last day with Mace. I am very sad and was teary all night last night. He is such a cuddlebug. We went to bed early so I could lay down with him and pet him. The family that's adopting him said I have no worries; they will love him and he will be a family member, not just a dog. I hope so. The good thing is they are the neigbor's of a friend, so she can keep me posted. They are also going to keep taking him to the same vet, and my friend works there. So I know he'll stay healthy.

I have to take my car in as soon as the bus picks up DS, just for a checkup mostly, but I've been hearing an odd noise so I hope it's nothing too expensive. I'm trying to live cheaply right now, saving money for moving. IF my house ever sells that is!

Happy Friday!
Jill

Happy Friday BBs!
Welcome back, Jill! Sorry to hear about the situation with Mace not working out but glad he found another family that will take care of him and give him a good home. One of my employees had her house for sale for 6 months and last week got 3 offers! Hoping we don't need to sell anytime soon. Right now I am just trying to find out more about South Carolina so we are ready to make a decision.

No workout for me this morning. SO you are not alone Jill! DH is off for the continuing shower project and didn't want to get up at 4am. Monday I will be off again for this project but other than the shower door it should be done after that. They only need part of the day so hoping I can do something fun once they are done. Maybe some retail therapy!!!

Laurie - DD did great! The temp was not so bad yesterday but the wind was very chilling.

Spin class is tomorrow and hope to do a strength workout on Sunday - and maybe even a Cathe one. Although I want to do a TurboKick one too. Hoping the rain holds off so we can do some yard work. We finally have a landscape plan and I would like to get the side of the house done.

Hi, guys!

Laurie & Jill - I am super wimpy about watching my kids at sporting events when it's cold out! Between me and DH we always like to have at least 1 parent there so I try to talk him into going;-) That doesn't always work though. . .

Jill - Maybe I was thinking about you give up Mace cuz I had the strangest dream last night about losing one of our cats. The details are hilarious but I won't go into all that. We were reunited in the end though.

Marie - Have fun at Spin class! I want to get out and ride my new bike on Sunday if the weather is nice. A lot of the regulars in DH's spin class do long bike rides on the weekend. They're real die-hard cyclists though so I don't think I could keep up with them. I don't know anything about South Carolina other than it's on the east coast. LOL

Ellen - Good luck in your race tomorrow! Hope the rain holds out for ya.

Tomorrow is Pinewood Derby for both DS and DD. At least that's indoors;-)

Today I did Step Fit. I remember struggling to learn this one at first with remote control in hand rewinding over and over again to get the pivot on the board straddle move.

Tomorrow I'm thinking of doing Cardio Party 1. I just can't get enough of this workout I guess. Puts me in a good mood.

Have a great weekend!

Sue

Laurie-LOL I didn't even notice the date.

Hi Sue. Yup, today's my last day and I've been pretty weepy.

My deck needs to be completely redone/fixed/finished-whatever. My ex never did a thing to it-didn't seal it or stain it or anything. So now I'm trying to make it look decent since it's for sale. I think the new owners will take it off and put a bigger one on anyway, but it looks terrible. I borrowed a pressure washer and just finished. I bought some stuff that's supposed to take the mildew and grease (from the grill) off, but I don't know if it worked that good. I used the pressure washer and then turned it off to scrub the solution. Then I couldn't get the stupid washer started again. I just burst into tears, standing right there on the deck. It's not taking much to make me teary today.

I know I'll be fine. It's funny how fast I got used to having Mace here. I've had him for 7 months but it feels like years.

Hey Jill, that would make me cry also. x( I feel for you on Mace. That has got to be a hard thing to go through.

Ellen, I forgot to wish you a good race tomorrow. And we will hope that the weather forcasters are wrong. :D You have me thinking about doing a half myself. There is one up by my partents in October. We will see. I have until Aug 19th to make up my mind.

Laurie

Jill -

Sending cyber hugs to you. (I wish there was a smiley with its arms stretched out or something.)

Take care,
Sue

Jill - I am thinking of you too and sending hugs to you and Mace. This is tough for both of you but I am sure he appreciated the time he had with you and the good home and love you gave him. Now he will move to another good home and more people will love him. Last May they found a cancerous lump on Muggs' leg. It was small and they removed it but I was a wreck when I first got the diagnoses. The path was in the gray area but a year later and 3 clear check ups. You appreciate the time you have with them just like anyone else. Crying is understandable. BIG HUG!!!

Thanks girls! OMG I am putting the first coat on (it's Kilz, not paint yet) and it's taking FOREVER! It just took me almost an hour to do the poles on HALF of one side! Oy! I hope it doesn't rain soon. This is good leg exercise lol-up down up down up......

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.