BUFF BADGERS 4/26-4/30

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

This mornings workout was 30/30 and Insanity Cardio Abs. Really a good combination. Will get in M1D1 Chest, Shoulders & Biceps after DD13's track meet.

DD17's prom went very well, and she had a great time. Of course I thought she was the prettiest girl there. She actually could have been mistaken for Barbie! And a lot of her friends called her Barbie, and she was cool with that. Saturday our trees got toilet papered, to bad for the culprits that Satuday is poured rain. The effect was quite a disaster. The paper was pulverized, and nothing was on the trees in the morning. LOL

I didn't workout at all this weekend, just way to busy. We went to a house warming party on Saturday evening, and on Sunday we had friends over to watch Avatar.

Hope all of you had a wonderful weekend,

Last edited:
Good afternoon,

Today I did STS disk 1 chest/bi/shoulders. Tonight I am going to practice swimming with the family. We are all trying to learn the immersion method. I am hoping to do the tri that DH did this year, next year. Sat. I ran 5 1/2 miles and Sun. we played tennis with the family.

Laurie, I am sure your DD was beautiful. Glad she had a good time. We are doing the same workout today, except you added in a lot more. That combo you did in the a.m. looks good. I will try the mix soon.

Have a great day.

Hi there. I felt rather crappy all weekend. Woke up on Saturday with a bad cough and queasy tummy. I only went for a walk on Saturday and Sunday I got on the elliptical. Today I just went for a walk and am about to do StretchX. Don't know what kind of bug I have but I hope it leaves me soon. Hoping getting to bed early will help.

Laurie, I'd love to see a picture of your beautiful DD! Glad she had fun.

Karen, sounds like you squeezed in a lot this weekend. It must not have rained much up there cause we sure got hammered here! Where are you practicing the swimming?

Have a good night ladies!

Susan

Hi! I´ll try to check in every day this week...we´ll see!
My back is getting better....thanks for the well wishes

Susan, did you do anything special for your back?

Today I did push pull. I figured some light weight would be OK. Tomorrow I plan to walk and just do that for the next week.

Laurie, glad DD had a good time at prom. This was our prom weekend, too...guess it was busy for a lot of us!

Karen, let me know how you like the immersion method. Is there a class you take?

Hi Sue and Cheryl!

Morning BB's,

Got the M1D1 workout finished yesterday, and was impressed with my ability to do push-ups. That is one thing that Insanity was heavy on, so another small discovery. My shoulders and arms are sore today! :D This morning was Insanity Pure Cardio, really love that one. Tonight I have to take youngest DD to dance practice, so my evening is going to be a busy one. Would like to get in some stretching, but will be ok if I don't.

Karen, Have fun with the swimming method. WTG on setting a new goal for next year! I'm confident that you will be able to do it.

Susan, Sorry to hear that you are not feeling great, please take care of yourself.

Lala, Yippee on your back feeling better. Push-Pull is a great workout!

Have a great day!

Still taking it easy, so this am was a 2 + mile walk. It was nice to be outside so early, despite the temps!! Took the dog and was impressed that he could walk so far...really, he's used to short and fast!!!!

Laurie, nice job on the pushups. I think they are a great indicator of UB strenght, but do NOT like to do them. I actually don't like working out the chest much, don't know why :confused:

Have a good Tuesday!

Hi,

Yesterday went on our bike ride. 40 miles. Today I didn't do anything yet. At lunch it will be Tonique or STS disk 2.

Lala, hope you are continuing to feel better. Never ended up going swimming the other night because we forgot our money.:eek: My DH just ordered a dvd and book. There are classes, just not around us. I think they are expensive.

Laurie, I really like your rotation. Just need to find a bit more time. You are very good at fitting it all in.

Susan, how are you feeling? I ran in the pouring rain and DH did his tri in the pouring rain. Probably the reason I am sick now. Over did a tad.:(

Have a great day.

Morning BB's,

Loved my workout this morning! :D Barry's Bootcamp 5DA Treadmill with Joey, and Ab Circuit Yoga Inspired Abs. Clocked in at 42 min. After work I will be getting in Meso 1 Disc 3 Legs, so guess it is designated leg day. :eek:

Lala, Dang on those temps hey! This morning we had frost on the ground, it just didn't seem right. :confused: Needed to have gloves when I walked the dog. I don't like push-ups either, so was happy with the progress I made with Insanity.

Karen, Sorry to hear that you are sick. You should be getting more time once school is out right? I put the STS leg workout before the upper body, so I could get in a Tonique workout on Saturday. If I had done the STS rotation as Cathe has them numbered I would have done two leg workouts back to back. Don't think I really need to overdo that much on my rotation. LOL :D So far I'm really enjoying the variety I have, and by doing a short cardio in the morning with ab work, really makes getting to the weight workout not so bad.

Have a great day all you BB's, ;)

Morning BB's,

Another good workout this morning. Kickmax Premix: Kickboxing/Bootcamp Challange. The cardio challenge was Insanity like, so really pushed myself on that portion. Felt good to do a kickboxing workout.

DD13 has a track meet today, so I will be heading to that after my meeting today. I also have a dentist appointment for a cleaning. :(

Have a great day!

HI there! Busy week and not getting much accomplished work-out wise!:( I also hit a wall with P90X. I think I am burnt out, so this week I am doing what I want and yesterday I did BFBM. I really love that workout! Today I am doing Cathe's Bootcamp. I really was craving a little variety and hope to get back into P90X for the final 30 days on Monday.

Laurie, can I have the link to that Jillian Rotation you and Sue did?

Karen, sorry you are not feeling well. I am doing a bit better. My back is still sore but better than it was. I stopped wearing the toning shoes and the pain has reduced. I looked at the bottom of my shoes and I walk on the inside of my heel. I think that with the rocking motion and my heel alignment it's causing back pain. I have worn my regular shoes the past couple days and it's feeling a bit better.

Have a good day ladies!

Susan

Hi!
Yesterday was Supersets and today another 2.3 mile walk (I am using my new smart phone and a running app that tells me how far, how fast, has a map and a chart!!!) when I go with Tank the chart has a lot of stops in it!

Karen, hope you are feeling better. It is hard to take it easy, I think.

Susan, glad the back is better. Interesting about the shoes. I had thought about getting some sandals like that for the summer, but maybe not.

Laurie, that premix sounds good...will have to do that next week.

Hi Sue!

Hey, guys! Sorry to be MIA this week. Lots going on and my workouts and motivation have been very bad this week. :( Finally got a good workout in this morning with No More Trouble Zones. Forgot how much I sweat with that one. My boss' last day is tomorrow so she bought us DQ Blizzards this afternoon. Got a small peanut butter cup one and feeling very full right now. I went out for lunch with a vendor and had homemade kettle chips and tuna salad croissant sandwich. Don't need any dinner but I'm sure I'll eat anyway. Diet starts again on Saturday (going out for drinks tomorrow night).

Karen - Hope you are feeling better.

Laurie - I see you continue to be the Energizer Bunny with your workouts. Could you bottle up some of that motivation and energy and send it over to my house PRONTO?! :D

Lala - The Smart Phone app sounds fun.

Susan - Smart thinking taking a break with P90X. I'll bet you finish the last 30 days strong. I'll look for that Jillian rotation link. Here it is: http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/team_messageboard_thread.asp?board=0x22241x30635821

Last edited:
Thanks Sue! Question, when it has you doing just Level 1 or 2 of 30 Day Shred, do you do anything "extra?".

I too have been having a diet discipline problem this week! Every morning I wake up and say "I'll do better today" and I do...until about 4:30! Grrrrrr... then I cave!

That DQ treat sounds yummy!! I love DQ Peanut Buster Parfaits!:D

Add on: I was looking over at SparkPeople and found this Jillian Rotation: It includes her new Yoga workout but they said you can use any yoga/pilates workout.

[FONT=&quot]“Jillian’s Slim Down…Some More!” Workout Rotation[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 1 - 30 Day Shred Level 3 & 1 (in this order)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 2 - 30 Day Shred Level 2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 3 - No More Trouble Zones[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 4 - 30 Day Shred Level 1 & 3 (in this order)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 5 - Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 6 - Day Off![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 7 - Yoga Meltdown Workout 1 (if you are good at Power Yoga then do Workout 2)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 8 - 30 Day Shred Level 2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 9 - 30 Day Shred Level 2 & 1 (in this order)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 10 - No More Trouble Zones
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 11 - 30 Day Shred Level 3 & 2 (in this order)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 12 - Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 13 - Day Off![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 14 - Yoga Meltdown Workout 1 (if you are good at Power Yoga then do Workout 2)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 15 - 30 Day Shred Level 1, 2, 3 (in that order)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 16 - Banish Fat Boost Metabolism[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 17 - No More Trouble Zones[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 18 - 30 Day Shred Level 1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 19 - 30 Day Shred Level 1, 2 & 3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 20 - Day Off![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 21 - Yoga Meltdown Workout 1 (if you are good at Power Yoga then do Workout 2)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 22 - 30 Day Shred Level 2 & 1 (in this order)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 23 - No More Trouble Zones[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 24 - Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 25 - 30 Day Shred Level 2 & Yoga Meltdown Workout 1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 26 - Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 27 - Day Off![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 28 - Yoga Meltdown Workout 1 (if you are good at Power Yoga then do Workout 2)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 29 - 30 Day Shred Level 2 & 1 (in this order)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Day 30 - No More Trouble Zones[/FONT]

Last edited:
Susan - Yes, I did add "extra" on those days with just Level 1 or 2 of Shred - usually cardio. Thanks for the Jillian rotation with her yoga in it. It looks much harder than the other one! I've been wanting to try Jillian's yoga on Exercise TV to see if I like it before buying. I may give this new rotation a shot.

Did BFBM 1-4 last night. I am SO SORE today! Especially my quads. Slept in this morning since I only had 5 hours sleep the night before (DD drama involving an essay which she lost on the computer). Hoping to get out and start weeding this weekend.

Hi Laurie, Lala and Karen! Have a nice weekendn everyone.

Good Morning and Happy Friday!:D

I have not decided today's workout yet. I am leaning towards KPC though... My weekend looks kind of quiet again! :D

Sue, I was reading reviews for her Yoga and it sounds tough but worth it overall. I watched a clip on Collage Video too. I plan to do one of these rotations after P90X is all done. After I did BFBM the other day, I was sore too! Today my triceps are sore, probably from Bootcamp.

Have a great weekend ladies!

Susan

Hi! Today was ME forgot how tough that is! My backis much better. I think some of those exercises are helpingit...of course my DD18 prayed for me and I got instant results:D:D

Did you guys see that DQ has peanut buster parfait BLIZZARDS!!! Tonight is a teacher banquet...roast beef, chicken... etc. I'm going to pass and go to the DQ afterward :eek:

Have a great weekend!

Hi,

Just ran 2 miles with DH yesterday. Now I have larengittis and can't talk at all. Probably should stop working out until I am better since my sprint tri is this weekend. Anyway, today I did Tonique 2b and side matwork.

Lala, have fun tonight at the banquet and eating at DQ.

Susan, KPC is a great workout. I'll have to get that one back out again.

Laurie, do you think the Hiit of Cathe's are harder than Insanity? Hope you DD did well at the track meet. My DD got a personal best in the 800 and 2 mile last night.

Sue, did DD get her paper back? Have fun weeding and enjoy the weekend.

Track meet tonight, presentation on Hurricanes for DD7, picking up the dog from getting neutered and getting to the probate office to file papers for guardianship. Glad I have Fridays off. Wish I could sleep but I cough and can't breath all night long. I think I kept DH up last night blowing my nose and coughing.

Have a great weekend.

Morning Ladies,

This morning was Cardio Core Circuit, and I really enjoyed all the cardio. Now the Ab sections are another matter. LOL I don't know if is my long legs, but I just wasn't able to do those as well as Cathe & Crew. Shaun T's way of incorporating these type of abs was better. I did enjoy about 3 of the 5. I didn't do the second round of the roll-ups, opted for the jumping jack/plyo's. Overall I do give this workout an A, liked that she let you get a drink of water every once in a while. :eek:

Sue, Here is goes ~~~~Motivation/Energy Vibe~~~~ Hope that helps somewhat! :D Tying the vibe out, in case I'm not able to capture it in a bottle. I have Jillian's Yoga workout, and it to me is like a short version of YogaX. Try it out on Exercise TV though. DQ Blizzards are so good! :eek:

Susan, That rotation looks really good. Glad to hear that your back is feeling better. I think everyone that does P90X hits a wall about the 2 month mark, good idea to take a break.

Lala, LOL on the Tank stops during your run. :D Your app sounds like fun. Yippee on your back feeling better! Oh stop the BLIZZARD madness! :eek: Will save the Blizzard for my weekend treat, because the one you mentioned sounds great.

Karen, First of all good luck on the Sprint Tri this weekend, just sorry you have larengittis. So far I have only done one Hiit which was 30/30. That one to me is a lot like Insanity's intensity. My HR stayed in the same range as what I would have experienced on something like Pure Cardio. Today's workout of Cardio Core Circuit was more on the lines of one of the 2nd month interval workouts. DD13 didn't run last night, she just did the triple jump. I don't know how she placed on that, but she was going for points. She did have her longest jump to date, so I think she did pretty good. Congrats to your DD on her PR's. Getting PR's in the beginning of the season means that she is working hard.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Ladies, I don't know if I jinxed myself by saying my back was better or what but I am in pain!:( At work I could barely stand and right now it hurts to sit. I don't get how it was feeling good and then BAM! I have done nothing different and have not had a moment where I can think that I could have hurt it..

I do not have a heating pad but am going to go get one right now! I am not going to do KPC tonight but if I feel stronger hopefully Saturday or Sunday.

Karen, sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hope you feel better over the weekend.

Congrats to your DD's in their track/field! :D They have good Mom's for an example!

Take care- Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.